carnage4u

Small Maps selection seems to be on the rise

The last week I've seen more and more people selecting small maps. I'm just wondering why. They are so skewed towards Counselors, it iss ridiculous.   Jason can still do well on these maps IF he gets a couple quick kills and the first 2 teleports gets him where people are, otherwise a group will easily get away in the other car Jason doesn't get to quick enough.  By Jasons second Port I see a car moving 50% of games. (75% chance at higgins)

To be fair. I have seen more and people join games. group up and just dance the game away, so when 3 to 4 people aren't helping, then Jasons winning regardless of the map, but maybe that is just another weekend thing as well.   

Main point - small maps are boring, because if people try, its so easy to get 4 to 6 people to escape.   

• Like 1

Scrubs want it to be easy.Simple as that because High level players nearly most of the time love playing the big maps and don't mind the bigger locations.  

Unrelated but happy post 100 to me!!!B)

Yeah I’m not a fan of the small maps, if I see the host is only selecting them I leave the lobby. I only find them entertaining if it’s a small group like a 4v1 game or less.

It would’ve been nice if the small versions were a separate game mode where they tweaked Jasons abilities, number of counselors etc. Instead it feels like they rushed building them to make up for the lack of maps.

Small maps are the easiest to scam a Jason kill.  If someone is running their mouth and say something like "I Will Never Die as Jason, You'll Never kill me", I'd pick Vanessa and select (or request) Pack Small to humble them. 

5 hours ago, carnage4u said:

The last week I've seen more and more people selecting small maps. I'm just wondering why. They are so skewed towards Counselors, it iss ridiculous.   Jason can still do well on these maps IF he gets a couple quick kills and the first 2 teleports gets him where people are, otherwise a group will easily get away in the other car Jason doesn't get to quick enough.  By Jasons second Port I see a car moving 50% of games. (75% chance at higgins)

To be fair. I have seen more and people join games. group up and just dance the game away, so when 3 to 4 people aren't helping, then Jasons winning regardless of the map, but maybe that is just another weekend thing as well.   

Main point - small maps are boring, because if people try, its so easy to get 4 to 6 people to escape.   

I love playing on Small Maps, as Jason. Because I can dominate as J4 or Savini, because I don’t have to worry about a Boat, spawning. But if PineHurst or Jarvis House, is chosen I’ll use J7. But if A big Map, other than Pine and Jarvis, I’ll use J8. 

I disagree with your points.

Small maps negate stealth pretty well as cabins are largely clumped together and let's you keep track of a lot of counselors with sense.

Objectives spawn closer to one another due to smaller area and make it easier to juggle objectives.

Cabins are closer together so destroying doors, windows is easier to keep track of as well as power boxes.

If anything is ridiculously skewed to one side's favor it's Extra Large Maps (Jarvis and Pinehurst)

Parts spawn miles away from objectives.

Fixers struggle to go anywhere without running out of stamina.

Cabin clusters are farther apart making you completely vulnerable in certain areas of the map if Jason has destroyed the parts.

There is the chance to only have a 2-seater car spawn on these maps making it even harder to get multiple people out alive.

I enjoy both the Big and Small Variations of Maps

Unless it's Pinehurst and Crystal Lake, I hate both variations CL and Dislike PH Because of the Jarvis like Spawn but on a bigger scale, I do like the map design.

I mainly host private and my rule of thumb is 5 or less counselors warrants a small map. 6 or more and we play the large maps.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I mainly host private and my rule of thumb is 5 or less counselors warrants a small map. 6 or more and we play the large maps.

All outta likes, good point there.

12 minutes ago, malloymk said:

And I appreciate that. :)

26 minutes ago, malloymk said:

^...  A host that actually  does a good Job hosting :D

13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Small maps are the easiest to scam a Jason kill.  If someone is running their mouth and say something like "I Will Never Die as Jason, You'll Never kill me", I'd pick Vanessa and select (or request) Pack Small to humble them. 

I will never Die as Jason in Pack Small!!!  :D

*puts all Traps infront of Mommas house and walks away.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Scrubs want it to be easy.Simple as that because High level players nearly most of the time love playing the big maps and don't mind the bigger locations.  

Unrelated but happy post 100 to me!!!B)

I am unsure if this is true. Many skilled players aren't fans of Pinehurst or Jarvis.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

I am unsure if this is true. Many skilled players aren't fans of Pinehurst or Jarvis.

Well the only reason I really care for them is the boat spawns. I still need like 70 boat escapes for the badge, so these 2 maps are great for me.

Otherwise, they're way to big for repair counselors to really be effective unless the Jason is shit. I've never escaped a competent Jason on either of those maps (that I remember).

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I will never Die as Jason in Pack Small!!!  :D

*puts all Traps infront of Mommas house and walks away.

lol, yea, Ive seen that several times.  Still doesn't stop me since you only need to go though 2 to get in.  If I see that ether have back up or fireworks as you get in.

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

lol, yea, Ive seen that several times.  Still doesn't stop me since you only need to go though 2 to get in.  If I see that ether have back up or fireworks as you get in.

Dunno, one worked on that genius Tommy you had last night ;)

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

Dunno, one worked on that genius Tommy you had last night ;)

picard-facepalm.jpg

4 hours ago, malloymk said:

That is pretty much the way to go. Those small maps are best played when your short on players.