Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

I haven't played in a while. Let me tell you why.

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

Problem is,  if you're relying/resorting to private matches to keep the future of the this game going , you may as well just shut it down now.   You can't just tell everyone "if you want a better gaming experience for this game, you have to join private matches". 

...That so called problem you pointed out applies to all CO-OP style games..   

SO yes.. You can easily tell anyone thats playing a CO-OP game and is bitching about RANDOMS... That IF, they want better players to play with. Make friends or play private/invite only.  (just like all the other co-op games).

I can list games from Left 4 Dead to GTA O Heists that all apply that same logic.  If you refuse to make friends or find private/invite only lobbies..  Then you need to deal with the RANDOMNESS of RANDOMS.     

When i play QP.. I don't give a rats ass if i die or live.  Don't care one bit.  Infact i join QP expecting to die.  So once i set that bar that low, surviving just becomes even sweeter when it happens.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

...That so called problem you pointed out applies to all CO-OP style games..   

SO yes.. You can easily tell anyone thats playing a CO-OP game and is bitching about RANDOMS... That IF, they want better players to play with. Make friends or play private/invite only.  (just like all the other co-op games).

I can list games from Left 4 Dead to GTA O Heists that all apply that same logic.  If you refuse to make friends or find private/invite only lobbies..  Then you need to deal with the RANDOMNESS of RANDOMS.     

When i play QP.. I don't give a rats ass if i die or live.  Don't care one bit.  Infact i join QP expecting to die.  So once i set that bar that low, surviving just becomes even sweeter when it happens.

So you just want everyone to expect to die, expect a game where no one is following the aspects of which the game should be played and sit around for the game to end to get XP points (on top of dealing with the hosts and bugs and rage quitting?).  Thats not gonna happen (people leaving the game currently is proving its not happening).  

14 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

So you just want everyone to expect to die, expect a game where no one is following the aspects of which the game should be played and sit around for the game to end to get XP points (on top of dealing with the hosts and bugs and rage quitting?).  Thats not gonna happen (people leaving the game currently is proving its not happening).  

Look man.. Obviously this game needs dedicated servers or host migration to deal with the issue of whiney little shits that can't take dying.

But i  STAY for matches.   Especially if I like the group im playing with.  I enjoy watching people die..  Game is F13th..  I bought this game for FUN TIME MURDER SHOW.  What kind of idiot quits after dying to Jason in a game called F13th?

Not me...

• Like 1

There are way to many grade school kids playing this game, I’m talking no older that 10 years old, their parents should be shot

9 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

There are way to many grade school kids playing this game, I’m talking no older that 10 years old, their parents should be shot

.Yea makes you wonder where the parenting is in this world today.  They just pawn their kids off to someone else or not involved in anything their kids are doing won..  Way too many little kids playing in QP. 

Trolling has been encouraged from day one of release thanks to Moronic YouTubers like that owl head guy devs seem to idolize. Forgot his name. All his footage of the game focuses on is him and his friends exploiting glitches like getting onto roofs and trolling other players and Jason. Because of people with a million viewer based channel that caters to young children, they are the ones that swarmed this game with children and trolls. Also because of the lack of action taken to ban trolls and exploiters, it's going to get worse. This is why this game needs more Single Players content and bugs with the Private Matches to be fixed. QP is a cesspool not worth investing my time and sanity into

11 minutes ago, Avanious said:

Trolling has been encouraged from day one of release thanks to Moronic YouTubers like that owl head guy devs seem to idolize. Forgot his name. All his footage of the game focuses on is him and his friends exploiting glitches like getting onto roofs and trolling other players and Jason.

Oh no, you got it wrong. He's cool. Him and all his sociopathic, jerkoff followers are doing a good service for the game. They're all about having fun. Obviously they're not about getting more viewers or subscribers, because they're all poor. The owl idiot can't even afford a motherboard or reliable internet. So as you can see, there's no reason to be mad at him. He's like the Mother Teresa of F13. 

21 minutes ago, Avanious said:

Also because of the lack of action taken to ban trolls and exploiters, it's going to get worse.

There's two things I can think of for why this isn't happening. They don't have enough staff to stay on top of it, or the playerbase is too small and they're afraid of losing too many people. We're just gonna have to suffer through it.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Exactly!! I been playing QP for objectives/XP. I could care less if I survive as long as I'm fixing boxes, calling cops, pouring gas and installing batteries.

If I do survive? It's a BONUS.

• Like 1

I feel you, I used to play Friday all the time when I was free it was my favorite game. After a while it really just died out... I haven't played it in a month and i'm not sure if I want to go back on it. Well, until the next update of course (for single player challenges).

On 3/18/2018 at 8:54 AM, Nougat said:

The many contributor to trolling in QP is being able to queue up with a party. It's always parties who help each other troll the rest of the lobby. Yes, there are cases of trolls who troll by themselves in QP by running people over, but this happens way less often when it isn't one of their party members who is Jason.

There's a lot of truth to this.  The trolling doesn't bother me as much as it should (because, alcohol), but I can see where even the most devoted players would be worn down over time.

For me, I tend to play one game at a time.  It's been F13 since the physical copy came out back in October, but lately, I've just felt burned out, so I'm mixing it up a bit.  I just took a week off to play The Division, and now I feel like I'm ready to wade back into F13 and see how things "feel".  I play QP almost exclusively, and it has issues with premade groups and harassment, but at the end of the day, I can troll with the best of them (fun fact, Lachappa EXCELLS at trolling).  

I played this previous saturday Night (first time playing on a Saturday night). I never played so many back to back games filled with people simply not doing anything. I'd drop a game after 4 people were just meeting up to dance in a room, into a new lobby with new people, who were just all running around in circles not doing anything to another game full of new people that were all just basically dancing or hitting each other with bats giggling.   I asked them why, and they said it was fun, and when i suggested that maybe they get a private game going for that, they all thought I was the dumb one.

I've seen stuff like that every night, but not in such a high %. I expect 3 out of 10 games to be ruined by trolls. I still managed to enjoy about 6 out of 10 games, but if it drops much more then that, there is no reason for me to keep playing.

21 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Your still singing the same old song? Every thread, everywhere.... I admire your enthusiasm... Seriously boy, you really are either a very bad player or you (and many others) have the shittiest luck when it comes to who your playing with (in qp naturally)... I mostly play qp before like 01-02 am because of timezones (I´ll explain if you really want me to) and I'm not suffering from the same problems you seem to be (not nearly as much though). Ok, I clear a lobby almost everytime as Jason in qp, but as counselor, me and usually afew others survive almost every round.. for fucks sake man, what are you whining about?

...because, and regarding the topic, I've recently seen more and more qp lobbies with mics, and in almost every round we have atleast 2-4 (or more) over lvl 100 players who know how to play. Ofcourse there are the occasional lobbies with squeekers, trolls and idiots who don't do anything usefull but the situation is not nearly as bad as some of my old friends are making it out to be. I think it might be getting better..? Please take note that this is purely based on my experience.

And no, I will not talk about pm where I absolutely suck as Jason :D Or the counselors are just too damn good... Cheers to you! You know who I'm talking about.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Your still singing the same old song? Every thread, everywhere.... I admire your enthusiasm... Seriously boy, you really are either a very bad player or you (and many others) have the shittiest luck when it comes to who your playing with (in qp naturally)... I mostly play qp before like 01-02 am because of timezones (I´ll explain if you really want me to) and I'm not suffering from the same problems you seem to be (not nearly as much though). Ok, I clear a lobby almost everytime as Jason in qp, but as counselor, me and usually afew others survive almost every round.. for fucks sake man, what are you whining about?

...because, and regarding the topic, I've recently seen more and more qp lobbies with mics, and in almost every round we have atleast 2-4 (or more) over lvl 100 players who know how to play. Ofcourse there are the occasional lobbies with squeekers, trolls and idiots who don't do anything usefull but the situation is not nearly as bad as some of my old friends are making it out to be. I think it might be getting better..? Please take note that this is purely based on my experience.

And no, I will not talk about pm where I absolutely suck as Jason :D Or the counselors are just too damn good... Cheers to you! You know who I'm talking about.

Should Jason be able to "clear a lobby" almost every time with relative ease or NO problem at all??   Oh. sure Ive seen a few people on mics here and there but its mostly little kids screaming into mics.  They may as well not even be on mics in other words. 

Still not understanding to this day why the only real challenge needs to be on the counselor side and NEVER the Jason side.  The only way to have a problem as Jason is against a gang of bully counselors.  This is the ONLY time . 

Clearing lobbies as Jason  should NOT be easy just like escaping isn't "easy" in QP. 

18 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

images (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Should Jason be able to "clear a lobby" almost every time with relative ease or NO problem at all??   Oh. sure Ive seen a few people on mics here and there but its mostly little kids screaming into mics.  They may as well not even be on mics in other words. 

Still not understanding to this day why the only real challenge needs to be on the counselor side and NEVER the Jason side.  The only way to have a problem as Jason is against a gang of bully counselors.  This is the ONLY time . 

Clearing lobbies as Jason  should NOT be easy just like escaping isn't "easy" in QP. 

Ok, my last comments because you apparently missed my point. And appologies to others for prolonging this useless debate.

If I'm playing as Jason against inferior counselors, they should die with relative ease. If I'm playing as counselor against an inferior Jason, I should survive with relative ease. Vice versa, its relatively harder. Both ways. 

You should not change game mechanics to cater inferior players. As is with any co-op / online games. There, case closed, move on.

Ps. Your second paragraph is just wrong. Hit me up someday and show me your superb Jason skills 

• Thanks 1

I still play, not nearly as much but I still play. Mainly PM, if we Don't have many counselors We'll do different things. Like 1 on 1, no kills or escapes till Jason gets rage. The counselor will run around and fix and collect items, Battle Jason if they want but the more you hit the quicker he gets rage. Once rage hits you can try to escape, if you're caught you normally die. If you have more than 2 but less than five it's deathmatch. No kills till rage and Fix objectives all you want, but the only escape is to the cops or to kill Jason. Once rage hits either Jason dies or the counselors do. It is fun, until we get more of a full lobby in private.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Still not understanding to this day why the only real challenge needs to be on the counselor side and NEVER the Jason side.  

*faceplam

The challenge for Jason depends on the counselors playing and how they push objectives.  Reason why you can't understand that is beyond me.. because you've been told this countless times.

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

*faceplam

The challenge for Jason depends on the counselors playing and how they push objectives.  Reason why you can't understand that is beyond me.. because you've been told this countless times.

And individual skill. I've gotten my ass handed to me by a fucking Lachappa... And countless rings around the rosie by Bugzzies and Vanessas. Frustrating shit I tell ya! But yeah. Debate with that person is both useless and fruitless. Sorry offtopic

1 minute ago, lasse_hei said:

Debate with that person is both useless and fruitless.

I think we've all come to realize that, but it's easy to get pulled in. Ignorance is one of the hardest things to ignore...

But yes, a good lone wolf can really fuck with you. I had a 1v1 match against Roy while I was Chad. He was level 150 and I was pretty close as well. I juked him the entire 20 minutes BY MYSELF and only used a few medsprays, a few weapons, and 1 single knife. Now imagine a whole lobby that can play like that. I would be miserable as Jason lol

Granted, I was probably just getting really lucky, or he was rusty, or maybe his kid brother was using his account, but this can happen to anyone. I don't get how @DorianRo can't see that either side may struggle. With the right counselors, playing Jason is hell.

Try playing in a lobby against all forum members, then you'll understand how difficult playing Jason can be.

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

I think we've all come to realize that, but it's easy to get pulled in. Ignorance is one of the hardest things to ignore...

But yes, a good lone wolf can really fuck with you. I had a 1v1 match against Roy while I was Chad. He was level 150 and I was pretty close as well. I juked him the entire 20 minutes BY MYSELF and only used a few medsprays, a few weapons, and 1 single knife. Now imagine a whole lobby that can play like that. I would be miserable as Jason lol

Granted, I was probably just getting really lucky, or he was rusty, or maybe his kid brother was using his account, but this can happen to anyone. I don't get how @DorianRo can't see that either side may struggle. With the right counselors, playing Jason is hell.

Try playing in a lobby against all forum members, then you'll understand how difficult playing Jason can be.

He'd rage quit in a heartbeat if he had to chase around some of the players that I regularly play with.  In fact, he's been challenged to come play with us, but I have yet to see a response. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

Which is what makes QP so exciting.  You literally have no idea what you're going to get, in terms of lobby composition.

I do think that having Jason's stun mechanic reworked wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Instead of him crashing to the mat lie Apollo Creed after Ivan Drago executes him in the ring, maybe just have him get stunned and stumble back for a second instead of what we have now.

I'd seen all this QP misery and was a little baffled because I'm constantly playing 5-6 deep in a party. So the other night, I wandered into QP, to subject myself to the awfulness. 

I dropped the fuse at the box, someone ate the trap and put it in while I called.

Jason locked onto me, I died, came back as Tommy, guided my Deb out safely.

Spectate the other two people, they'd paired up, played it right, escaped.

The next two hours, across several QP lobbies, looked very similar. Help, and probably mostly underwhelming Jason's. So the idea that "there's no teamwork!" sits next to "I can't lone wolf good enough!" is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

"You wake up in the morning, run into an asshole... you ran into an asshole. Spend your whole day dealing with assholes...", well, you know the rest.

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

He'd rage quit in a heartbeat if he had to chase around some of the players that I regularly play with.  In fact, he's been challenged to come play with us, but I have yet to see a response. :rolleyes:

Say what you want about it, that's pretty much why I don't play private matches anymore. Playing Jason got too stressful sometimes. In quick play, it's more of a mix between bots and vets. Sometimes you get people running right into your arms, sometimes you have to morph away to collect yourself. It's the same on the counselor side. Sometimes people are working on objectives, sometimes they're just hiding the whole game. I like the "you never know what to expect" part of quick play.

I'm not surprised he didn't accept that invitation. He would be proven wrong pretty quickly and wouldn't have anything to bitch about here.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Which is what makes QP so exciting.  You literally have no idea what you're going to get, in terms of lobby composition.

Great minds think alike. I had literally just finished typing that part above when you replied.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Say what you want about it, that's pretty much why I don't play private matches anymore. Playing Jason got too stressful sometimes. In quick play, it's more of a mix between bots and vets. Sometimes you get people running right into your arms, sometimes you have to morph away to collect yourself. It's the same on the counselor side. Sometimes people are working on objectives, sometimes they're just hiding the whole game. I like the "you never know what to expect" part of quick play.

I'm not surprised he didn't accept that invitation. He would be proven wrong pretty quickly and wouldn't have anything to bitch about here.

Great minds think alike. I had literally just finished typing that part above when you replied.

I used to stress about being Jason too.  I felt the need to have to go 8 for 8 every time.  I did rage quit a couple of times when all objectives were completed within mere minutes of the start of the match.  The final straw when I realized I needed to step back and breathe was when I damaged my controller after slamming on the ground in a fit of rage and I had to buy a new one.  From then on I knew that it wasn't worth it to stress over a video game.  If I go 8 for 8 fantastic. If I only get 1 or 2 kills, so what, I'll get them next time. As long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The final straw when I realized I needed to step back and breathe was when I damaged my controller after slamming on the ground in a fit of rage

lol that's usually a good sign you need a breather...

I found that I needed a smoke break after nearly ever match as Jason. I'm not saying I wasn't having fun, just that it gets stressful. A good example is a match I played against @GhostWolfViking sometime last year. They got the 4 seater started while I was trying to prevent him from calling the cops. I morphed to the car and stopped it, but before I could kill one of them he would be fixing the phone. So I would morph back to him and stop the call just in time to hear the car start again. That went on for a good 10 minutes... I didn't let anyone escape though.

Fun match, but it got stressful. It's not so much going 8/8 that gets me. Its more so me trying to give even better players a rough match. I like to play more casually, which is a lot easier to do as a counselor.

• Like 1