Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

I haven't played in a while. Let me tell you why.

Quick Play is full of stupid. I have little time for Private Match. I got other stuff to play. Sick of the trolls and the Jason teamers. Tired of people hosting just to fuck everyone over when they die. I'm bored of it all. If this game dies it will because of it's player base. They slowly killed the game with bad behavior. This game has lost some features and had others added because of trolling and it's been slowly killing the game since launch. I'm not quitting the game. I do like it but it's just become a chore to play. We'll see if the new engine can fix some of this stuff but at this point if someone told me the game was going to be completely dead in a few months I would believe them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

TL;DR

Exactly. In 4 months the demographic for the game completely changed and it has ruined the game. Finding adults to play with is rare now as lobbies are filled to the brim, brink, and beyond with children. Children, not teens. Elementary school kids. Don’t bother playing on your day off during the day smh or in the evening after work (after school) I guess either. Basically you have a window of 1am-4am to play. 

Furthermore, to your point, there has been no boot system, no report system that gives an update on the report, and trolls have been enabled to run free and hold the game hostage with no consequences. There may be no way to prevent children from playing, but there are plenty of ways to prevent toxic players from ruining matches. The argument has been “but, but people might take advantage of a boot system to boot trolls and that would be unfair sad face!1” Really? With that lapse in logic there would be no laws or regulations because somewhere something might be exploited by a fringe population.

Trolls flock to this game thanks to streamers and semi-viral videos of glitches, hacks, and exploits that are geared toward kids to reproduce and try on their own. Let’s face it, when the game launched it was 30 and 40 something guys  who loved the films and survival horror that were playing, now it’s elementary and middle school kids who love to juke jukeee I jukedddd himmm. I for one am tired of being run out of communities, channels, and games that get overrun by children and trolls. We were here first and invested in the game and it’s not been properly monitored. This is what happens when there’s no commitment to the players past beta and once you get their money. It’s been almost a year of lip service with no report button, no boot button, and no way for the players to know who is a POS.

There should have been a hall of shame for players to post the name of hackers, exploiters, bigots, trolls, rage quitters, and lobby closers on THIS forum but no, that would be “shaming” people... who deserve to be shamed for their behaviour. We should be able to post a screen cap and a small description with a name, date, and a tag for that person:

“GamerTroll666 - 02/16/2018 tagged for closing a lobby as host”

oh look it’s GamerTroll666 on 02/28/2018 tagged again for closing a lobby as host.

Oh look it’s GamerTroll666 on 03/10/2018 rage quitting as Jason. This person should receive a soft ban for 24 hours with a message saying why. 

Players deserve to know who they are playing with and people who are toxic should be quarantined from the game. Of course that would be asking too much and any irritation from players asking for action or accountability is labeled as “hostile or “aggressive” meanwhile we have bigoted players insulting and threatening people in lobbies ok. Having a boot or report button is apparently controversial on this forum as people run to defend toxic claiming report or boot options might be abused.... yet the game is already being abused. Because there’s been little to no effort in quarantining toxic players, the player base has gotten younger, more toxic, and overall more insufferable. Anyway, it sucks because the only thing that keeps many of us coming back is our love of the IP and the fact that the game is part of our routine for unwinding after work etc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Quick Play is full of stupid. I have little time for Private Match. I got other stuff to play.

So, I guess this is goodbye to you as well.  So many people just giving up and stating private matches (with our handful of regulars) aren't good enough anymore.  Can't help if you burned yourself out on terrible QP lobbies too much (you knew better) to change your opinion.  

• Confused 2

@BeautyNumber2

ya know, in a toxic community a self regulating kickvote system is a bad idea. and laws aren´t self regulating and do have control mechanisms, but still get abused regulary . apples and steaks here. not even oranges.

this game needs a report system and people that look at that reports and react to them fast. including a hall of shame. yeah. many games have that. no clue why the devs and players here are so against it.

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

So, I guess this is goodbye to you as well.  So many people just giving up and stating private matches (with our handful of regulars) aren't good enough anymore.  Can't help if you burned yourself out on terrible QP lobbies too much (you knew better) to change your opinion.  

I'm burned out on the game in general. I still like it but I'm bored of it. It's balance is so off that I believe it's a design issue. Yeah it's great to have a powerful Jason and all but if the councilors have zero chance what is the point of playing. As far as Private Match goes I don't have the time to schedule it. Everyone plays at night to avoid the kids and I'm at work 80 percent of the time. So I play quick play to get some time on the game because I don't have another option. And quick play is worse than it has ever been. Your fucking doomed because everyone wants to hold parts instead of actually escaping. At present your there to die. I'm simply not having fun with it right now. So I'm putting it down for awhile to tackle Monster Hunter World. 

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

TL;DR

Exactly. In 4 months the demographic for the game completely changed and it has ruined the game. Finding adults to play with is rare now as lobbies are filled to the brim, brink, and beyond with children. Children, not teens. Elementary school kids. Don’t bother playing on your day off during the day smh or in the evening after work (after school) I guess either. Basically you have a window of 1am-4am to play. 

Furthermore, to your point, there has been no boot system, no report system that gives an update on the report, and trolls have been enabled to run free and hold the game hostage with no consequences. There may be no way to prevent children from playing, but there are plenty of ways to prevent toxic players from ruining matches. The argument has been “but, but people might take advantage of a boot system to boot trolls and that would be unfair sad face!1” Really? With that lapse in logic there would be no laws or regulations because somewhere something might be exploited by a fringe population.

Trolls flock to this game thanks to streamers and semi-viral videos of glitches, hacks, and exploits that are geared toward kids to reproduce and try on their own. Let’s face it, when the game launched it was 30 and 40 something guys  who loved the films and survival horror that were playing, now it’s elementary and middle school kids who love to juke jukeee I jukedddd himmm. I for one am tired of being run out of communities, channels, and games that get overrun by children and trolls. We were here first and invested in the game and it’s not been properly monitored. This is what happens when there’s no commitment to the players past beta and once you get their money. It’s been almost a year of lip service with no report button, no boot button, and no way for the players to know who is a POS.

There should have been a hall of shame for players to post the name of hackers, exploiters, bigots, trolls, rage quitters, and lobby closers on THIS forum but no, that would be “shaming” people... who deserve to be shamed for their behaviour. We should be able to post a screen cap and a small description with a name, date, and a tag for that person:

“GamerTroll666 - 02/16/2018 tagged for closing a lobby as host”

oh look it’s GamerTroll666 on 02/28/2018 tagged again for closing a lobby as host.

Oh look it’s GamerTroll666 on 03/10/2018 rage quitting as Jason. This person should receive a soft ban for 24 hours with a message saying why. 

Players deserve to know who they are playing with and people who are toxic should be quarantined from the game. Of course that would be asking too much and any irritation from players asking for action or accountability is labeled as “hostile or “aggressive” meanwhile we have bigoted players insulting and threatening people in lobbies ok. Having a boot or report button is apparently controversial on this forum as people run to defend toxic claiming report or boot options might be abused.... yet the game is already being abused. Because there’s been little to no effort in quarantining toxic players, the player base has gotten younger, more toxic, and overall more insufferable. Anyway, it sucks because the only thing that keeps many of us coming back is our love of the IP and the fact that the game is part of our routine for unwinding after work etc. 

Yep the game is currently being abused. It's being abused so hard it may not last. We need a kick and report system before the game is dust. Not everyone who plays the game has the time to assemble seven other players to play it. Most people play quick play. And quick play is worthless because of the insane amount of trolling. But bothering to even have a kick option isn't worth it? Why because the host who nine times out of ten is myself can kick trolls and Jason teamers out of the lobby? That is a stupid reason. It works just fine in other games. This game is in deep shit. It was released too early and the development team dosen't have the know how to polish it. It's a shame because it's a tweek or two away from being something good if they just gave us some options to deal with the trolls and learned how to make Jason a ligit threat without taking away the counselors survivability. The lack of overall balance and the trolls are murdering this game.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm burned out on the game in general. I still like it but I'm bored of it. It's balance is so off that I believe it's a design issue. Yeah it's great to have a powerful Jason and all but if the councilors have zero chance what is the point of playing. As far as Private Match goes I don't have the time to schedule it. Everyone plays at night to avoid the kids and I'm at work 80 percent of the time. So I play quick play to get some time on the game because I don't have another option. And quick play is worse than it has ever been. Your fucking doomed because everyone wants to hold parts instead of actually escaping. At present your there to die. I'm simply not having fun with it right now. So I'm putting it down for awhile to tackle Monster Hunter World. 

This is pretty much the same reason I'm putting it down for a while if not for good to be honest. I would play during times I could easily get in to a full private match but the repetition and going through the motions for the same results almost every match has gotten too old for me to care to play anymore.

At this point they could bring out the engine upgrade and even dedicated servers tomorrow and I can't say for sure that would pull me back in.

• Like 1

Yeah, I used to have these vivid fever dreams about what the game was gunna be like before it came out. I’m really pissed off I can’t see into the future. I had backed it on Kickstarter because I watched the video with Adam Sessler and I thought hey, that guys cool he used to be on Xplay! If you go back and watch those early videos you can tell that what the game is today is not what they were originally going for.

• Like 1

I stopped playing until the next update, I'm tired of the pig performance

17 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Yeah, I used to have these vivid fever dreams about what the game was gunna be like before it came out. I’m really pissed off I can’t see into the future. I had backed it on Kickstarter because I watched the video with Adam Sessler and I thought hey, that guys cool he used to be on Xplay! If you go back and watch those early videos you can tell that what the game is today is not what they were originally going for.

I thank you and every other kickstarter contributer. Don't let things get twisted I love the game but it's in a terrible place right now. 

The many contributor to trolling in QP is being able to queue up with a party. It's always parties who help each other troll the rest of the lobby. Yes, there are cases of trolls who troll by themselves in QP by running people over, but this happens way less often when it isn't one of their party members who is Jason. I am on my way to level 150 for a third time (level 130) and I have seen solo trollinv a total of maybe 4 or 5 times throughout the many hours I have put into this game.

If you want to play with a party, play private matches. I'd rather take my chances with randoms than with party of trolls or parties who won't troll, but will always miraculously never die when their fellow party member gets Jason. 

Of course all of this is alleviated by and actual functioning report system that bans cheaters and trolls, but an easy soft fix in the meantime would be making QP solo queue only. Dealing with uncoordinated teammates is better than dealing with coordinated trolls.

I haven't enjoyed this game since November, but it'a my autopilot, go-to game that I always go back to to burn free time. I think once I hit 150 for a third time, I'm done for a while. I'm not falling for the 'sticking around future content' meme any longer. Fix your damn game already.

Just now, Nougat said:

The many contributor to trolling in QP is being able to queue up with a party. It's always parties who help each other troll the rest of the lobby.

Best way to counter is join with a larger party. Have majority. Yes there are trolls but they'll exist in any game you ever play. With my regular group of 4 to 5, we've run into people like this, but we have our fun and get back at them until the either rage or stop. Fact is that even if there is a group of trolls, if some of the solo ques see there's a larger group trying to "police" the game so to say, they'll actually help. I've gotten several messages from people thanking us for the laughs when we "anti-troll" or deal with people that don't do anything the whole match (hiding under beds and trying to steal a car they didnt work on, coming back as Tommy to try and steal a way out without helping, so on).

I know in QP I'll sometimes come off as an asshole (dunno if I've run into any forum members on PS4) but its usually only when provoked. I usually try to help the newer players that are actually looking to get better. You don't get to hear too much about people doing that but it does happen. The only time people are really vocal is when they have bad experiences or somethings wrong. How many posts do you see of people thanking others for help vs complaining? Its the same in any media from games to movies to Youtube.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Best way to counter is join with a larger party. Have majority. Yes there are trolls but they'll exist in any game you ever play. With my regular group of 4 to 5, we've run into people like this, but we have our fun and get back at them until the either rage or stop. Fact is that even if there is a group of trolls, if some of the solo ques see there's a larger group trying to "police" the game so to say, they'll actually help. I've gotten several messages from people thanking us for the laughs when we "anti-troll" or deal with people that don't do anything the whole match (hiding under beds and trying to steal a car they didnt work on, coming back as Tommy to try and steal a way out without helping, so on).

I know in QP I'll sometimes come off as an asshole (dunno if I've run into any forum members on PS4) but its usually only when provoked. I usually try to help the newer players that are actually looking to get better. You don't get to hear too much about people doing that but it does happen. The only time people are really vocal is when they have bad experiences or somethings wrong. How many posts do you see of people thanking others for help vs complaining? Its the same in any media from games to movies to Youtube.

While counter trolling them is the justice trolls often deserve, it would contributing to the trolling in one way or another. I won't disagree with you on it being a solution of sorts, but it's a solution that involves using the root source of the problem, even if your intentions are good ones.

Solo queueing being the only option for QP may not be popular with many players, but it would water down the trolling significantly. The ratio at which trolling happens without parties compared to with parties is probably 1 to 30 or 1 to 40 because of how hard it is to troll without teammates or without having Jason on your side. Even a party of 2 can do damage.

I appreciate that you do your part to put trolls in their places, someone has to since reporting them seems to do nothing.

Of course solo queue being the only method of QP will never be implemented, so it's nothing anyone would have to worry about. Hopefully with the new engine and eventually dedicated servers, their will also be a report option that ACTUALLY works.

A kick option would either be abused by hosts or parties would just vote to keep their buddies in.

29 minutes ago, Nougat said:

While counter trolling them is the justice trolls often deserve, it would contributing to the trolling in one way or another. I won't disagree with you on it being a solution of sorts, but it's a solution that involves using the root source of the problem, even if your intentions are good ones.

Solo queueing being the only option for QP may not be popular with many players, but it would water down the trolling significantly. The ratio at which trolling happens without parties compared to with parties is probably 1 to 30 or 1 to 40 because of how hard it is to troll without teammates or without having Jason on your side. Even a party of 2 can do damage.

I appreciate that you do your part to put trolls in their places, someone has to since reporting them seems to do nothing.

Of course solo queue being the only method of QP will never be implemented, so it's nothing anyone would have to worry about. Hopefully with the new engine and eventually dedicated servers, their will also be a report option that ACTUALLY works.

A kick option would either be abused by hosts or parties would just vote to keep their buddies in.

I still think the game needs to do what some of the previous CODs did for specific game types and just make it so you HAVE to be in game chat. Granted there are work arounds with messages and things like Discord and so on but if people are forced to do that, due to people generally being lazy, they're less likely to troll. It would take much more dedication to do it.

When my friends and I play QP we're always in game chat because to us thats the way the game was meant to be played. However, I won't lie and say I've never sent one of my buddies a message about something. I just don't continuously feed info. Being dead is suppose to mean no more communication for the team. 

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@BeautyNumber2

ya know, in a toxic community a self regulating kickvote system is a bad idea. and laws aren´t self regulating and do have control mechanisms, but still get abused regulary . apples and steaks here. not even oranges.

this game needs a report system and people that look at that reports and react to them fast. including a hall of shame. yeah. many games have that. no clue why the devs and players here are so against it.

I have to agree about the "vote to kick system". Especially for the groups in private matches that say you have to play by their rules. They will all vote to kick random players for no reason. I am against it. I think the only way it shoulr come up is if a player Team Kills another player. Then the possibility of a vote makes sense.

As for the OP, the past month has seen an increase of "I am not playing anymore, and here is why". There are a ton of reasons for people to not play this game. Most of the ones you listed,  will probably still be around after the update. An engine update is not going to make groups of random idiots start communicating and playing together better. That simply is QP. 

I also disagree with @BeautyNumber2 on the "its the recent group of players". There is a reason why team killing got taken out, as well as item locations put on a map. Trolls. The old glitchers that sat on the roof of Packanack, the empty room in Higgins, behind rocks in the Lake. People running over groups with cars, etc. Always has been rage quitters as well.

Kick system is bad because groups of players will create rooms with rules like "no grab kills or "no slashing" and boot people for just playing the game, much like how you would see in COD games with servers that said "grenade launcher=kick!!!"

Kick system is a good idea on paper, but a terrible idea in execution due to abuse by trolls who want to force others to play how they want to.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Bottom line.

I think of Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2.

Valve's response to team killers and griefers in that game was...

"Play with friends"

And that game has a kick feature, but initially it DID NOT have a cooldown. So griefers/trolls could come in and spam vote and because players get annoyed by a pop up vote menu. They always voted YES just to get rid of the menu and guess what?...player kicked who didn't deserve it.

Not only was there no cooldown. Additionally if a player was kicked, they could immediately rejoin the game. To add to that frustration, they added vote to restart campaign and vote to return to lobby options. Again, just more tools for trolls to use.

They finally added BOTH cooldowns to voting so you couldn't vote constantly in seconds AND vote bans so if someone was voted out, they had to wait 15 minutes before being allowed to rejoin the same again.

So as you can see. It was a big mess, especially with more tools in the hands of those kinds of players.

I think its the opposite in Friday the 13th.

I think the main problem with Friday the 13th is its supposed to played as everybody for themselves.

When you get trolls, griefers or teamers/even lite teamers. It completely ruins the game.

Like I said recently. I find myself setting my preference to Jason less because I enjoy playing Jason and more because I know if im selected as Jason. All the teamers, trolls and griefers can ONLY be on the same side and while they try to still ruin the enjoyment for randoms by holding or locking items inside unlockable rooms. At least I know as Jason, it forces all those players on that side only.

I play offline bots most often these days despite providing zero challenge.

I'll play further for singleplayer challenges, the hope that they change Paranoia to PAMELA and the hope that they continue to add more things from the films and hopefully tighten up the standard game. Right now the standard game is blah.

I usually play between 9pm est to 1 am est.   And usually play about 4-6 games per night.   1/4 of them are filled with squeakers..  3/4 of the matches end up in quitting hosts.

IMO the lack of dedicated servers is the biggest problem with this game on consoles.  Can't understand why there's no dedicated servers OR hist migration.

As far as stupid and newbie players go..   This something i easily deal with with some high quality cannabis and just enjoy the show.   (This is why Jason that spam the same kill get on my nerves)    I have no problems sitting here playing with idiots, just kill everyone with some style and im happy..lol

I'm also for a report system. One that is intelligent enough to categorize toxic players and group them with other toxic players during matchmaking. Let these people wait for long periods of time only to be matched up with 7 other shitheads like themselves. Then they can see how their own medicine tastes.

I agree that a kick option would be abused so it's not worth implementing.

This game has became extremely unplayable, I can't even play one full match without the host leaving, or game crashing. 

I understand this game has private match, but this game should not revolve around private match. Even in private match you aren't safe because of how often the servers crash. 

So true man. I think what we need is a ban system of some kind. Where, if someone does ANYTHING at all that even resembles trolling, they're banned, period. This would get rid of the troll problem we've all had to suffer for so long, real fast, either because the trolls will know they can be banned, so they start playing correctly, as hard as that is to believe, or they just simply get banned. In my mind, sure there are a few little issues that could be worked out in the game, but by far the 2 biggest ones are the lack of dedicated servers and trolls. Hopefully the engine update will help, and will pave the way to dedicated servers, along with a ban system at some point.

DO people really expect most players to stick around for a potential 15-18 minutes AFTER they killed quickly in QP?   I mean what game does that anyways?  Of course most people are going to quit and move on :huh:

These are COMMON SENSE things, the developers should have thought of before they threw it out to the public before it was even HALF completed

• Like 1

I still play pretty much daily, but I'm with you, it's getting bad where I'm constantly being run over by some asshole driving around trying to take out as many counselors as they can, or someone helping Jason find where everyone is on the map.  I honestly don't know enough people that play this game to start private matches so quick play matches are basically my only option, so either something needs to change or I could see this game losing all of it's fun, forcing me to move on to something else.  While I would love some sort of ban system, as it has been said before, I'm sure the jerks who are running me over with a car would just start submitting bans to random players just to be dicks, so as great as it sounds, I can't see that working either.  So the option becomes either deal with the people trying to ruin the game or stop playing... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, j3o1e1 said:

I still play pretty much daily, but I'm with you, it's getting bad where I'm constantly being run over by some asshole driving around trying to take out as many counselors as they can, or someone helping Jason find where everyone is on the map.  I honestly don't know enough people that play this game to start private matches so quick play matches are basically my only option, so either something needs to change or I could see this game losing all of it's fun, forcing me to move on to something else.  While I would love some sort of ban system, as it has been said before, I'm sure the jerks who are running me over with a car would just start submitting bans to random players just to be dicks, so as great as it sounds, I can't see that working either.  So the option becomes either deal with the people trying to ruin the game or stop playing... 

Hey man, check out the recommended players thread here. You'll find lots of players on all 3 platforms you can add as friends/play with. :)

• Like 1

Problem is,  if you're relying/resorting to private matches to keep the future of the this game going , you may as well just shut it down now.   You can't just tell everyone "if you want a better gaming experience for this game, you have to join private matches". 

QP has to get fixed badly for any HOPES of this game to survive another year