NoOneK9503

Are people still having problems with hit detection?

Just now, Hal Bailman said:

It remains an issue. Neither of the attacks shown below made any contact.

JhIe73V.png

Wouldn't be easier if you showed a video instead?

Did the devs ever explain why targeting other counselors was added to the game when attacking Jason (even in combat stance). I'd like to know and also know why they thought auto targeting on other counselors would be a good idea. If there was a good reason both were added I wouldn't mind, but I honestly can't think of any reason myself. 

4 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Did the devs ever explain why targeting other counselors was added to the game when attacking Jason (even in combat stance). I'd like to know and also know why they thought auto targeting on other counselors would be a good idea. If there was a good reason both were added I wouldn't mind, but I honestly can't think of any reason myself. 

I'd imagine it was left over from when they removed friendly fire, but as for why in the hell we're still allowed to target counselors to this day I have no clue. Maybe it'll be changed with the engine update?

Just now, Hal Bailman said:

I'd imagine it was left over from when they removed friendly fire, but as for why in the hell we're still allowed to target counselors to this day I have no clue. Maybe with the engine update?

But why would the devs even add friendly fire during release? Surely they would've thought ahead and realized it would be abused. Was the main purpose because they wanted actual accidental deaths to happen with melee weapons? Even in private matches I don't see accidental betrays with melee weapons, it's always with the shotgun. 

56 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

This was about the dumbest retort I've read on the forums so far.  Just because someone doesn't own a game, but is able to play on a friend's account does NOT mean that they cannot see the issues this game has.  Especially with hit detection.  Players do not have to be backers or need to have played this game since launch like some of us to immediately see the numerous problems the game has.  They may not have a full understanding of some of the mechanics and work arounds, but it doesn't mean they cannot have an opinion.  To dismiss them as a casual is about as close minded and arrogant as it gets.  

Yes I dismissed this person as a casual because this person is a casual(by their own admission ), Playing the game once in a while on a friends system  once in a while and watching YouTube videos  does not give this person any cred.... what is dumb is somebody defending someone who doesn’t even own the game..... pathetic 

47 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Yes I dismissed this person as a casual because this person is a casual(by their own admission ), Playing the game once in a while on a friends system  once in a while and watching YouTube videos  does not give this person any cred.... what is dumb is somebody defending someone who doesn’t even own the game..... pathetic 

Ok then.  Have fun dismissing opinions that differ from yours.  I've been here since the start. Played since day one.  People who say hit detection and other issues suck are not wrong.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@NoOneK9503

1.Do you own a copy of Friday The 13th?

2. Have you ever played the copy you own?

3. What platform do you play on?

If this place wasn't filled with so much opinion spouted as fact and misinformation and people being generally full of shit, then maybe NoOneK wouldn't be so bothersome. 

But the fact that he has no experience with the game but gives seemingly experience based opinions adds insult to injury   

1 hour ago, Hal Bailman said:

t remains an issue. Neither of the attacks shown below made any contact.

JhIe73V.png

Omg YES, I have a problem with this too! I hit Jason with a baseball bat point-blank range as Deborah and it does nothing and he ends up killing me.

It seems like many of the “experts” here don’t not even have a copy of their own game, they watch YouTube videos and play at heir friends house.... some people just feel the need to argue about anything on the internet.

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Ok then.  Have fun dismissing opinions that differ from yours.  I've been here since the start. Played since day one.  People who say hit detection and other issues suck are not wrong.  

No , I just dismiss people who don’t even have their own copy of the game and base their opinions from watching a YouTube video , I think that is more than fair, and you know I am right even if you don’t admit it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, NoOneK9503 said:

Since I cannot play the game until July, I want to know if users are still having problems with hit detection and Jason's weapon.

Speaking of problems, Kodiak created a poll about other possible problems that are making your gameplay worse. Click/Touch here

So, to the questions!

Are you still experiencing problems with hit detection, like crouching counselors? What kind of problems they are? Did the Jan 31 patch Jason's grab solved everything? Do the Devil's Pitchfork hit detection still bothers you? Do you want to see Jason's weapon with increased range buff? Or even new mechanics?

Yes, Savini Jason, is one of the worst Jason’s, in the game because of his terrible weapon detection. I can’t wait to ditch the Pitch Fork, for a Machete or a Pig Splitter. 

2 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Yes, Savini Jason, is one of the worst Jason’s, in the game because of his terrible weapon detection. I can’t wait to ditch the Pitch Fork, for a Machete or a Pig Splitter. 

What do you recommend to improve Savini Jason and Hit Detection in general?

34 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

What do you recommend to improve Savini Jason and Hit Detection in general?

Um, they could switch his swing animation to window breaking one and make his swing animation much faster. Also I noticed that J6’s Spear, has a much larger range compared to Savini’s, Trident. 

@NytmereZ everyone is entitled to post their opinion, don't be nasty to other people.

@SmugDoka  Don't let others get to you. Opinions on the forum are needed to have a conversation, we may not agree. But that's the point! As long as everyone respects each other, and can stay on topic then we have a good conversation. And playing on a friends system even once gives you experience to talk about, so your opinion is valid if it is limited. @NoOneK9503  I do think hit detection has gotten better for Jason, but If they would lengthen the box to the edge of the weapon back to the shoulders it would work. Right now it has a sweet spot, but even that is unreliable.

48 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

@NoOneK9503  I do think hit detection has gotten better for Jason, but If they would lengthen the box to the edge of the weapon back to the shoulders it would work. Right now it has a sweet spot, but even that is unreliable.

Sorry if I'm confused, but I didn't understand the your statement. You want Jason's weapon horizontal length to be at the range of Jason's shoulders or the edge of the weapon model?

For me, the horizontal range is perfect. But the vertical range needs to be extended a bit. It's too small to hurt counselors based on what I watch.

Edited by NoOneK9503
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

For me, the horizontal range is perfect.

Yea, it looks pretty good huh?

I think NoOneK is a troll that's gone Ultra Instinct. He's at like some special Zen-Buddhist level of trolling right now. I would have so much respect for him if that was the case.

5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yea, it looks pretty good huh?

I think NoOneK is a troll that's gone Ultra Instinct. He's at like some special Zen-Buddhist level of trolling right now. I would have so much respect for him if that was the case.

Sorry if I'm a troll for you.

So, what are your opinions on hit detection and Jason's weapon range? You can make me change my opinion since you probably has a better one stored for us (no sarcasm). You play the game, after all.

30 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Sorry if I'm confused, but I didn't understand the your statement. You want Jason's weapon horizontal length to be at the range of Jason's shoulders or the edge of the weapon model?

For me, the horizontal range is perfect. But the vertical range needs to be extended a bit.

Ok, so what I'm saying is this. If I light attack swing as Jason, which is a side arm motion. It will hit at the end of the weapon, not in closer to the body. If they extended the box in to the shoulders so I could hit if they are in close it would be better. For hard attack, which is the overhead power attack. The box should hit from just above the top of his head, down to the end of the motion for a better and more realistic hit box. As is, overhead hits from shoulders to waist.

• Like 1

I have a problem with still getting grabbed while winding up for a swing or getting grabbed while in combat stance and doing that quick defensive left bob and weave thingy.  Even when I do that, Jason can still grab me. 

But then again, Im not the greatest "Fighting counselor".  Id rather just run, hide, repair objectives quick and fast.  But I switched to Vanessa with Marathon perk and Stamina improvement perk (Had no choice because these freaking slow counselors ughhh) 

On 3/17/2018 at 5:54 PM, NoOneK9503 said:

@GhostWolfViking

1. Yes, a digital copy.

2. Yes, but I couldn't play for more than 2 minutes because my PC almost exploded in the process.

3. PC (notebook).

Additional details: I will buy a new PS4 in July together with a new copy too.

Really? From how much you’ve posted and what you post, I never would’ve known!

41 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Ok, so what I'm saying is this. If I light attack swing as Jason, which is a side arm motion. It will hit at the end of the weapon, not in closer to the body. If they extended the box in to the shoulders so I could hit if they are in close it would be better. For hard attack, which is the overhead power attack. The box should hit from just above the top of his head, down to the end of the motion for a better and more realistic hit box. As is, overhead hits from shoulders to waist.

Oh! Now I understand! I agree about the light attack hiitbox. About the heavy attack, I think it should pick up he entire body of a counselor. From head to feet.

31 minutes ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Really? From how much you’ve posted and what you post, I never would’ve known!

You'll never know how hard it is to live in a third-world country...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I have a problem with still getting grabbed while winding up for a swing or getting grabbed while in combat stance and doing that quick defensive left bob and weave thingy.  Even when I do that, Jason can still grab me. 

But then again, Im not the greatest "Fighting counselor".  Id rather just run, hide, repair objectives quick and fast.  But I switched to Vanessa with Marathon perk and Stamina improvement perk (Had no choice because these freaking slow counselors ughhh) 

If you have thick skin, try that. Her stamina is pretty awesome, with Marathon it is even better. Put thick skin on for damage resistance. Helps against slashing Jasons, throwing knives, flying through or jumping down out of windows. Also swift attacker will help  your weapon swings, and the evasion perk makes you dodge quicker. If you wanna try that combo of thick skin, and swift attacker it will help. You can keep marathon, or try evasion, or even medic.

42 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

There are several strats you can try for fighting.  Video is better, but I'll try to explain.  Once Jason is chasing you, flip your camera around so you are watching yourself with him behind you.  Don't be too far in front but not too close either.  Do a 360 to bait a grab which he will whiff.  You can then turn and smack him.  This takes bravery and timing.  Second, do the same thing but instead of doing the 360 you run to his left (your right) wait for the whiff then combat smack.  Once again, timing and practice.  Third is shift bat.  I don't recommend this without a pocket knife until you have a good understanding of how it works and when to do it.  But, it is best if once again you can keep the camera on him and keep his marker on the mini map.  There are visual and audio cues on when to do it, but when his shift gets to you you want to combat stance and smack.   Fourth....animations.  Jason's animations are extremely slow.   You can hit him when he is using the door swing animation, knife grab animation, trap animation (s), and pocket knife animation.  Best just to go into a match with the mindset of being killed doesn't matter because your sole purpose is to practice learning new techniques.