NoOneK9503

Are people still having problems with hit detection?

Since I cannot play the game until July, I want to know if users are still having problems with hit detection and Jason's weapon.

Speaking of problems, Kodiak created a poll about other possible problems that are making your gameplay worse. Click/Touch here

So, to the questions!

Are you still experiencing problems with hit detection, like crouching counselors? What kind of problems they are? Did the Jan 31 patch Jason's grab solved everything? Do the Devil's Pitchfork hit detection still bothers you? Do you want to see Jason's weapon with increased range buff? Or even new mechanics?

• Like 1

Jason attack detection is much better than the previous patch.  My issue is detection as counselor, specifically when saving others.  I'll have a clean shot at Jason's back as he hoist a counselor up, use the heavy vertical swing, hit nothing else but Jason but he doesn't even flinch, counselor dies. :angry:

• Like 1

It's still shit and probably will continue to be shit after the next patch.  It doesn't seem to be a top priority. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It's still shit and probably will continue to be shit after the next patch.  It doesn't seem to be a top priority. 

:(

What ideas you suggest for improving hit detection?

9 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Jason attack detection is much better than the previous patch.  My issue is detection as counselor, specifically when saving others.  I'll have a clean shot at Jason's back as he hoist a counselor up, use the heavy vertical swing, hit nothing else but Jason but he doesn't even flinch, counselor dies. :angry:

No it’s not better, it’s still crap, and FYI Jason doesn’t have to fall on his back 100% of the time when a counselor hits him, he already falls 97% of the time , and yes if you fight Jason you should die

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

No it’s not better, it’s still crap, and FYI Jason doesn’t have to fall on his back 100% of the time when a counselor hits him, he already falls 97% of the time , and yes if you fight Jason you should die

Jason doesn't have a issue hitting me if I'm in his attack range, unless he is savini or J6 :P

When you are hitting Jason to make a save, the hit just has to land, does not need to stun.  I disagree. fighting Jason should not = death.  If you know what you're doing, you should not be free for Jason.  This game is already stacked in his favor, and with less pocket knives, saves you make need to count.  What I want is consistency, not sometimes it works and other time doesn't for no understandable reason.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Jason doesn't have a issue hitting me if I'm in his attack range, unless he is savini or J6 :P

When you are hitting Jason to make a save, the hit just has to land, does not need to stun.  I disagree. fighting Jason should not = death.  If you know what you're doing, you should not be free for Jason.  This game is already stacked in his favor, and with less pocket knives, saves you make need to count.  What I want is consistency, not sometimes it works and other time doesn't for no understandable reason.

I have noticed this too. Jason's is better, not perfect. Counselor is weird, normally there is a sweet spot in your swing motion that is guaranteed to hit. Not this patch, i've hit and got points for it. But, he still has them for the kill....

16 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You must have not played this game at launch, the pocket knives are back to the same point they were at launch, the 9 plus pocket knives that were put in the game were by mistake of the devs, this isn’t a fighting game, people who got used to the December version of this game don’t realize this, also it’s still 7 to 1 Jason gets stunned very easy he isn’t supposed to drop something every time he gets tapped. It’s bad enough he gets stunned behind closed unbroken doors

I still have problems with hit detection, specially as counselor, you hit Jason for save someone and nothing happens as someone said above, as Jason I still have problems with hit detection as well for example my weapon goes through the counselor model and nothing happens, even if you see your weapon touching the counselor does not count as a hit, you would need to be very close of the counselor to hit him

@NoOneK9503

1.Do you own a copy of Friday The 13th?

2. Have you ever played the copy you own?

3. What platform do you play on?

To answer your question...hit detection is terrible in this game.

Combat stance with the aim assist needs to ge reworked. Remove aim assit when other counselors are close to you.

Jason and counselors twirl around until someone gets lucky and lands an awkward hit.

Savini Jason can't hit anything to save his life with a pitchfork. Good thing Jason can't die. ? 

• Haha 1

@GhostWolfViking

1. Yes, a digital copy.

2. Yes, but I couldn't play for more than 2 minutes because my PC almost exploded in the process.

3. PC (notebook).

Additional details: I will buy a new PS4 in July together with a new copy too.

6 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Savini Jason can't hit anything to save his life with a pitchfork.

Thanks god there will be a weapon swap for us to enjoy!

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

You must have not played this game at launch, the pocket knives are back to the same point they were at launch, the 9 plus pocket knives that were put in the game were by mistake of the devs, this isn’t a fighting game, people who got used to the December version of this game don’t realize this, also it’s still 7 to 1 Jason gets stunned very easy he isn’t supposed to drop something every time he gets tapped. It’s bad enough he gets stunned behind closed unbroken doors

I agree, this is not a fighting game, its a survival.  To survive you need to fight back at times, and as a game, it need to be consistent and not incoherently frustrating.  I did not play at launch, but I don't have a problem with the lack of pocket knives as I don't relay of them and learned how to avoid getting into the grab in the first place.  But not saving a buddy even if you did it perfectly should be addressed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I agree, this is not a fighting game, its a survival.  To survive you need to fight back at times, and as a game, it need to be consistent and not incoherently frustrating.  I did not play at launch, but I don't have a problem with the lack of pocket knives as I don't relay of them and learned how to avoid getting into the grab in the first place.  But not saving a buddy even if you did it perfectly should be addressed.

I think that you not being able to get Jason to drop a friend comes down to the % of stun that the weapon you are using has, I have people save counselors from my grab all the time, it’s a numbers game, pay attention to how many times you don’t affect him to the times you do, I’m sure you affect him more than not.

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I think that you not being able to get Jason to drop a friend comes down to the % of stun that the weapon you are using has, I have people save counselors from my grab all the time, it’s a numbers game, pay attention to how many times you don’t affect him to the times you do, I’m sure you affect him more than not.

No it doesn't.  Jason will drop a counselor from ANY hit, stun or no stun, as long as it makes contact with Jason and not blocked by the counselor's body (or any other counselors) whom you're trying to save.  I've had plenty of swings from a bat that doesn't faze Jason at all, like I never swung.  Though I wasn't here at launch, many of the players I game with have.  They've all agree that hit detection has gotten worse since the initial version.

• Like 1

I have issues alot as a counselor and it's annoying. If Jason is in front of me why would my character turn around and swing from behind? Also why when a counselor is near me do I sometimes go to swing at a fellow counselor and not Jason? Makes no sense why they even have the option to target other counselors, so what's the purpose of it? The only thing targeting other counselors is good for is if they get glitched, but even then it shouldn't be in the game since glitches aren't supposed to happen.. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

He is not complaining about fighting jason. Your bias is showing. He is talking about saving counsellors who have been grabbed. When a counsellor is grabbed, you can hit jason to save them if Jason is not fast enough in executing his kill, but hit detection is especially off with this. He is talking about teamwork.

No one is saying nerf jason or anything. 

@CPLhicks31 Do you have any suggestions for improving the game's hit detection?

I suggest enlarge the Heavy attack hitbox in combat stance and lengthen the normal weapon attack range (for Jason).

Most of the hitboxes need to be fixed one way or another, Sometimes I can Hit Jason On his back, Sometimes I can't, But in both cases my Shot did land. 

(Also Nytmerez is back at it again Pulling everything Into Jason's favor and calling everyone bad one way or another)

20 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

:(

What ideas you suggest for improving hit detection?

With the exception of 6 and sj the hit boxes are at the end of Jason's weapon and are small.  6 and sj have the hit box just above their hand which is why you see the weapon clip through the door and no damage is done.  Easy answer to fix it is extend and widen the hit boxes.  Counselor hit boxes aren't as bad, but still need some work.  Especially when trying to save another player.  If Jason is walking away from you you are fucked.  You aren't saving said person.  You'll see the weapon magically go right through Jason without forcing him to release the counselor.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@CPLhicks31 Do you have any suggestions for improving the game's hit detection?

I suggest enlarge the Heavy attack hitbox in combat stance and lengthen the normal weapon attack range (for Jason).

I agree, there is no reason why my grap should reach farther than my swing which it does

2 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

Most of the hitboxes need to be fixed one way or another, Sometimes I can Hit Jason On his back, Sometimes I can't, But in both cases my Shot did land. 

(Also Nytmerez is back at it again Pulling everything Into Jason's favor and calling everyone bad one way or another)

FYI most people are complaining about Jason’s hitbox, not the councilors, and yes the game is supposed to be in Jason’s favor, the devs always were upfront about that, you are just another casual... don’t watch Friday the 13th... not a fan (obvious by the stupid avatar) didn’t fund it and obviously , don’t understand what this game is about, I’m going to guess mommy and daddy bought you this game in December .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

FYI most people are complaining about Jason’s hitbox, not the councilors, and yes the game is supposed to be in Jason’s favor, the devs always were upfront about that, you are just another casual... don’t watch Friday the 13th... not a fan (obvious by the stupid avatar) didn’t fund it and obviously , don’t understand what this game is about, I’m going to guess mommy and daddy bought you this game in December .

I actually want to slap my self because I had to read this...

Okay let me correct you:

1. There were complaints about Counselor Hitboxes as well

2. I am Indeed a Casual

3. I am a Fan of F13, Both the Movies and Game And my Icon doesn't say anything, Also please refrain from insulting my personal things.

4. Obviously because I'm not rich and I don't have 1000$ to Spend on a game

5. I have not bought game yet, But I occasionally play the Game from a Friend's Account and I Watch Other People play the game on Youtube

6. And My Mommy and Daddy haven't bought this game for me.

7. Even if Devs said that It should be in Jason's Favor, That doesn't really come out in the game play, As the Counselors have a fair chance to escape Jason.

8. And I indeed Understand that this game is about survival, Now where did I complain that being a Counselor was hard for me?

There you go, These are all of the facts that you got wrong about me :)

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

I actually want to slap my self because I had to read this...

Okay let me correct you:

1. There were complaints about Counselor Hitboxes as well

2. I am Indeed a Casual

3. I am a Fan of F13, Both the Movies and Game And my Icon doesn't say anything, Also please refrain from insulting my personal things.

4. Obviously because I'm not rich and I don't have 1000$ to Spend on a game

5. I have not bought game yet, But I occasionally play the Game from a Friend's Account and I Watch Other People play the game on Youtube

6. And My Mommy and Daddy haven't bought this game for me.

7. Even if Devs said that It should be in Jason's Favor, That doesn't really come out in the game play, As the Counselors have a fair chance to escape Jason.

8. And I indeed Understand that this game is about survival, Now where did I complain that being a Counselor was hard for me?

There you go, These are all of the facts that you got wrong about me :)

1. You aren’t even a casual as you don’t even own the game

2. Your opinion means absolutely zero because... (see number one)

3. See number 1 and 2

• Thanks 1

Just now, NytmereZ said:

3. See number 1 and 2

1. I play the Game on my friend's account, How the hell did you not see that

2. Everyone's Opinions matter to an extent

3. See number 1 and 2

• Confused 1

Can you two stop antagonizing each other? I don't want my thread closed because of this.

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

3. See number 1 and 2

This was about the dumbest retort I've read on the forums so far.  Just because someone doesn't own a game, but is able to play on a friend's account does NOT mean that they cannot see the issues this game has.  Especially with hit detection.  Players do not have to be backers or need to have played this game since launch like some of us to immediately see the numerous problems the game has.  They may not have a full understanding of some of the mechanics and work arounds, but it doesn't mean they cannot have an opinion.  To dismiss them as a casual is about as close minded and arrogant as it gets.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1