Sign in to follow this  

Since some Players want a harder and others want an easier Game Experience, I compiled up two Different Ranked Mode Ideas (Casual and Hardcore), Your opinions on them?

• Causal

Normal Rules Apply, Repair Objectives and Items spawn Closer to each other, TK is Disabled, Both Big and Small Maps can be Used, Counselors Can see each other on the Map and Start with a Mini map, Item Spawn Is Normal (PK,Weapons).

• Hardcore (Requires someone to be at least lvl 50-100+ to Join, Experienced players only, Could be on a different Kind of Merit system)

Hard Core Rules Apply, Items are more spread around the Map (Gas,Propeller etc.), Counselors Can't see each other on the Map, TK is Enabled, Item Icons can't be seen (Could be changed)

Maps And every other item still exist, And Also only the Big Map Variations, (And It could also include the Mini map activating once a player finds a map), Also Stronger Jason and He can't be killed with his mask on (Put these two suggestions in here from the October 11. game mode idea Thread), Item Spawn is Normal (PK,Weapons).

Sorry if the title was badly picked, Couldn't think up anything else.

For hardcore.... team killing was disabled for a pretty damn good reason, leave that to private matches. Too many trolls to play an effective game in any mode in quick play with team killing enabled. Even one troll in a game killing other players can detract much from your experience of the game. This factor alone needs to be agreed upon by everyone in the game before it starts. Even a toggle could be a bad idea if the 'troll' is in control of the toggle. If hardcore mode was left only to private matches due to the team killing factor, then many who might choose to play it, may never be able to do so with a full lobby.
      I have heard about killing Jason with his mask on, but never seen it in game. I have read (I think it was in these forums) that it was a bug or glitch that his mask would not come off. But the kill will still initiate when enough damage is done.
      Not having a mini map until you get a map?.... I like that, very original.

I like the idea of a hardcore mode myself and I would play it. I am not sure how many others would be up for playing it though... it could also have the potential to split up the player base. With such a small player base as it stands right now, it could take much longer to start a match. 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

For hardcore.... team killing was disabled for a pretty damn good reason, leave that to private matches. Too many trolls to play an effective game in any mode in quick play with team killing enabled. Even one troll in a game killing other players can detract much from your experience of the game. This factor alone needs to be agreed upon by everyone in the game before it starts. Even a toggle could be a bad idea if the 'troll' is in control of the toggle. If hardcore mode was left only to private matches due to the team killing factor, then many who might choose to play it, may never be able to do so with a full lobby.
      I have heard about killing Jason with his mask on, but never seen it in game. I have read (I think it was in these forums) that it was a bug or glitch that his mask would not come off. But the kill will still initiate when enough damage is done.
      Not having a mini map until you get a map?.... I like that, very original.

I like the idea of a hardcore mode myself and I would play it. I am not sure how many others would be up for playing it though... it could also have the potential to split up the player base. With such a small player base as it stands right now, it could take much longer to start a match. 

That is true, This idea would work much better if the Game had a Much, MUCH Larger Player base, I guess a lot of People who enjoyed the game before the Newer patch would actually enjoy the Hardcore Mode, I actually didn't know that Killing Jason without a Mask was a glitch, I guessed it was simply a Hidden Feature, And that is why I said there would be a Merit system, Anyone Killing,Trying to kill or doing anything to hurt other counselors would cause the Person's Merit Points to drop, If someone has less than 50 Merit points they will be matched with others with Lower Merit Points, While anyone who has over 50 Merit Points gets their matched Normally, Merit Points can also be reduced by Reporting any action like a Betrayal Automatically Drops the Person's Merit Points, The Merit Point system would affect Both Casual and Hardcore Modes,

It could go something like this: 

Player A Runs over Player B so that He can Help Jason, The Merit System could Work A. Punish them there and then or B. A Few Players report the Person, The Game could have a replay system so if the reports are sent in, A Group of devs who are assigned to this problem could look into it and Punish the Player Accordingly.

Now If Player A Accidentally Ran over Player B and A Few people still reported them, The devs could replay and Watch the moment it happened, And Then They could make their Judgement.

I guess this would be a Hard Job but Gun Media would also need to expand to keep the game a better and rather troll free place.

@SmugDoka It can always be a hard job to judge any wrongdoing due to mitigating circumstances. I do not envy anyone that has that job. They will never get rid of all of the trolls but a merit system could work, or at least have... possibilities. I like the idea.

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

@SmugDoka It can always be a hard job to judge any wrongdoing due to mitigating circumstances. I do not envy anyone that has that job. They will never get rid of all of the trolls but a merit system could work, or at least have... possibilities. I like the idea.

Yeah, Even Companies who have A Ton of Developers don't manage to Free their game of trolls (Riot for example, They only have one game to maintain and Trolls,hackers etc. are still there)

10 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

Yeah, Even Companies who have A Ton of Developers don't manage to Free their game of trolls (Riot for example, They only have one game to maintain and Trolls,hackers etc. are still there)

So many reports, so little time. If you have 10 000 players per day, 30% happen to be doing something that is bannable and all of them get reported, sometimes by more than one person to each offence. Add another 10% for the multiple reports and still another 10% for false or mistaken reports where someone actually did nothing wrong, but the person who reported it thought they did and it was worth reporting. We are now up to 50%...... which comes to 5 000 reports to sift through each day. 3 000 actual bannable offences, 1000 repeat reports and 1000 false reports. It takes time to sift through it all. It takes money to pay the people sifting through it all. Chances are, there are nowhere near enough people working on it to finish going through anywhere near half of the reports that come in on a daily basis.
    There also remains the question..... Can the game's player base afford to loose 30%+ of its current player base?
     Like I said.... I do not envy anyone that has this job.
     I used 10 000 as an easy to work with number here, but I hope you get my point. Some trolls will be around whether we want them or not.

14 hours ago, Ahab said:

So many reports, so little time. If you have 10 000 players per day, 30% happen to be doing something that is bannable and all of them get reported, sometimes by more than one person to each offence. Add another 10% for the multiple reports and still another 10% for false or mistaken reports where someone actually did nothing wrong, but the person who reported it thought they did and it was worth reporting. We are now up to 50%...... which comes to 5 000 reports to sift through each day. 3 000 actual bannable offences, 1000 repeat reports and 1000 false reports. It takes time to sift through it all. It takes money to pay the people sifting through it all. Chances are, there are nowhere near enough people working on it to finish going through anywhere near half of the reports that come in on a daily basis.
    There also remains the question..... Can the game's player base afford to loose 30%+ of its current player base?
     Like I said.... I do not envy anyone that has this job.
     I used 10 000 as an easy to work with number here, but I hope you get my point. Some trolls will be around whether we want them or not.

I Do Get your Point and that's not the Only flaw of the Merit/Report System, Meet Hidden Trolls

They act like Angels but once they get their Merit Points and the ability to properly play again, Well Look who's taking the gas over to Jason's Shack and Stealing both of the Keys

The trolls would still be around, Be there enough employees and Money for the company, And as you said losing at least 30% or more of the player base will affect the game in the worst way possible