Xbox Prisoner

What does "Teaming with jason" means?

By my understanding, Teaming with Jason means that:

1. a ) Jason Lets you live, Lets you get XP etc. While not killing or doing anything to you  b ) Jason lets the person live Until the end, Either a fight ensues and the Victor is the one who lives or Jason Chases him/her until they die.

2. Jason Gives that Person One More chance in the term that the person "Doesn't have anything on them to fight Jason With", He Kills everyone else and goes back.

3. The worst case Scenario, Which Combines number 1 and 2, The Counselor tells Jason where everyone else is, Kills everyone else and then Lets his "Team mate", Get all the exp, Stun Him,Demask him, Break out of his grab etc. And lets them either live until the time runs out or Lets them escape in a car,Boat,Police what ever.

• Like 1

Tommy was obviously a Jason helper: blocking ways, windows, barricading the door, reducing your escape ways, not attacking Jason when there had been more chances than trees in the woods.

Regarding Jason: I had 2 games as Jason in which Tommy was the last counselor alive, his ping bubble was shown from far away, but by morphing to it the Tommy person itself was not viewable for me. As Jason I walked around and around and couldn’t find him (till I received a PSN message by the already killed audience that I should just slash, in a moment the invisible Tommy was in front of me...)

so not sure, which scenario you have here...

1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

2. Jason Gives that Person One More chance in the term that the person "Doesn't have anything on them to fight Jason With", He Kills everyone else and goes back.

I think thats more of selective slaughtering than Jason teaming.

Just now, HuDawg said:

I think thats more of selective slaughtering than Jason teaming.

It can also Be Teaming, In this case I mean that the Person makes a deal before the Match with Jason so that Jason won't kill him/her until they have the sufficent amount of items to fight, I worded it badly.

3 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

By my understanding, Teaming with Jason means that:

1. a ) Jason Lets you live, Lets you get XP etc. While not killing or doing anything to you  b ) Jason lets the person live Until the end, Either a fight ensues and the Victor is the one who lives or Jason Chases him/her until they die.

3. The worst case Scenario, Which Combines number 1 and 2, The Counselor tells Jason where everyone else is, Kills everyone else and then Lets his "Team mate", Get all the exp, Stun Him,Demask him, Break out of his grab etc. And lets them either live until the time runs out or Lets them escape in a car,Boat,Police what ever.

Just had a game the other night with a Jason helper doing number 3. It was so ridiculous. A Tiffany was jogging along with Jason, leading him to me, then he kills me. Luckily, I came back as Tommy not long after, so I eventually run into the 2 again, and they're at the car, which already has the battery, and Tiffany puts gas in it. These guys are on mics by the way, and I could not fathom the nonsense these 2 were spouting. The Jason player says he's going to let Tiffany start the car, which she does, so he's just standing there while she does. I take advantage of the situation, and stun Jason a couple times, and the guy playing as Jason goes, "dude, why are you hitting me?" Then he finally decided to kill me, and says to the Tiffany, "I killed that guy, he kept hitting me". Not long after, the game ended, and as soon as we got back to the lobby, I promptly left. The guy playing as jason was a kid, and the Tiffany just sounded like a complete troll. Maybe that explains it. <_<

20 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Just had a game the other night with a Jason helper doing number 3. It was so ridiculous. A Tiffany was jogging along with Jason, leading him to me, then he kills me. Luckily, I came back as Tommy not long after, so I eventually run into the 2 again, and they're at the car, which already has the battery, and Tiffany puts gas in it. These guys are on mics by the way, and I could not fathom the nonsense these 2 were spouting. The Jason player says he's going to let Tiffany start the car, which she does, so he's just standing there while she does. I take advantage of the situation, and stun Jason a couple times, and the guy playing as Jason goes, "dude, why are you hitting me?" Then he finally decided to kill me, and says to the Tiffany, "I killed that guy, he kept hitting me". Not long after, the game ended, and as soon as we got back to the lobby, I promptly left. The guy playing as jason was a kid, and the Tiffany just sounded like a complete troll. Maybe that explains it. <_<

Ugh I hate those people, They are the worst! 

Especially if they are kids with their annoying voices

Yeah there are different degrees of teaming with Jason.

I'm okay with Jason giving players another chance if they're glitched or made some stupid mistake because even I've had times where I felt bad for a counselor and just wanted to give them more time and just come back to them later.

Obviously though players telling Jason of player's locations and helping run over counselors with car is a rediculous amount of teaming.

Jason teamers will often lock items like batteries and gas in rooms where counselors can't re-enter or they'll hold items like the fuse so no repairs can get done.

I don't shit talk often but if it's a Jason and Jason helper. I just talk a barrage of shit about how bad they are at this game.

So satisfying kiting for 20 minutes and laughing the whole time.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say teaming is Jason giving someone a second chance (I do that if I morph to the fuse house and the player is only just locking doors or chats on the mic) or even someone telling Jason to kill a troll.

I consider Jason teaming to be when someone joins a public lobby in a private chat and tells Jason where people are and opens doors or blocks exits or purposefully holds or hides vital parts that hinder escape.

4 hours ago, malloymk said:

Jason teamers will often lock items like batteries and gas in rooms where counselors can't re-enter or they'll hold items like the fuse so no repairs can get done.

I don't shit talk often but if it's a Jason and Jason helper. I just talk a barrage of shit about how bad they are at this game.

So satisfying kiting for 20 minutes and laughing the whole time.

Too bad we can't blast them with a shotgun anymore... I used to love coming back as Tommy and hunting the teamer, Jason would get so pissed! I guess now all we have is bear traps, you could do the triple trap you did to me last night! Lol, that was a new one there! If that was a counselor, they would be screwed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Too bad we can't blast them with a shotgun anymore... I used to love coming back as Tommy and hunting the teamer, Jason would get so pissed! I guess now all we have is bear traps, you could do the triple trap you did to me last night! Lol, that was a new one there! If that was a counselor, they would be screwed!

You can always run them down with the car.B)

23 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You can always run them down with the car.B)

True! Very true, traps and cars. I had this one in QP, back in June maybe? Came back as Tommy in the graveyard above Blair's Cove. I knew that one of the two teamers who killed me was there looking for keys to the car I had fixed, before him and his buddies killed me. The other was leading Jason to more counselors at the big house. So, I jogged down to the south cabins and got the first one as he was going for a hiding spot. Blasted him, and HA! He found the keys! Went down to my ride, ran over the other guy when I got to the main house! Jason howled! He actually wailed, it was my crowning achievement! I jumped out and ran north, while three others got in the car. I ran Jason into a cabin above Higgins house and stunned him. I was climbing out a window right as the rest of the party showed up in the car, I jumped in and escaped. Still, I treasure that one. That wail that the guy playing Jason let out was magnificent! All set up by the shotgun blast for the first teamer, I miss those days! It did suck to GET blasted, but the revenge of Tommy was too sweet!

• Like 1

@Xbox Prisoner, teaming is simply anything that a councelor does to purposefully help Jason, or anything that Jason does to purposefully help any councelor, to the detriment of other players, that is outside the scope of fixing a bugged state.

• Like 1

Nice to see a Chad actually using Nerves of Steel.  I don't understand why so many sleep on it -_-

It’s not particularly when Jason gives you a seconds chance because I’ve had occasions where I break free because he couldn’t find a kill or he just spun me around in circles until I broke free. One time there was a really good Jason and I knew I was gonna die so I just started taunting and I accidentally did the super hero pose instead of dancing so he grabbed me (I was playing Tiffany by the way) and I don’t know if I made him laugh or he thought I was brave but he spun me around in circles until I broke free but I eventually died about five minutes later.

11 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Just had a game the other night with a Jason helper doing number 3.

Better than him doing number 2. Maybe that can be a new way to trap things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Nice to see a Chad actually using Nerves of Steel.  I don't understand why so many sleep on it -_-

Its so good. Great tool for watching shift movment.

2 days in a row now that this has happened to me. Counselor following me and unlocking doors and telling Jason where I am in quick play. Something needs to be done about it. I don’t know what but people should not be allowed to play this way. Just ruins it.

Yesterday, I was looking for the car keys the whole match, then they (both!) suddenly showed up in a small cabin: 2 windows, both broken, door locked from the inside.

As both cars had already been fixed, I climbed through a broken window... and stepped in an inside trap.

looked at the other window and same there: also a trap. 

As Jason can‘t place his traps inside, he had quite a weirdo helping him.

As a consolation, I can tell you that whenever there is a Jason teamer, the Jason player is always complete trash. Recently, whenever there has been someone teaming with Jason, I've managed to either juke and stun Jason for so long that the timer ran out or they gave up and went for other people.

Also another thing you can do, is go on your mic and announce to everyone repeatedly that X is working with Jason. Call them out by name. Do it during the game and do it when the game is over in the lobby. The two teamers have always quit when I've called them out by name in the lobby.

P.S. DON'T GET IN THE CAR WHEN THE TEAMER IS THE DRIVER - I've seen so many people just happily hop in the car despite me warning them about the teamer. The car will stop next to Jason, he will pull you out of the car and kill you.

I had two run ins with teamers last night.

One was running people over in the 4 seater, which I didn’t figure out until I was roadkill and watched them do it to two others. I wish I had noticed Jason trotting happily beside the car before I took a dirt nap.

I’m maining Tiffany right now but I was the only one in the vicinity to fix the fuse when a Kenny came up behind me and started swinging  I heard the Jason music but I was almost done so, like a dummy, I figured he was watching my back. I get killed and the Kenny ends up fixing he fuse while Jason looks on. ?

I have also started calling their asses out on the mic to warn others. It really does take the fun out of the game. I’m cool with getting killed fair and square but this play is just garbage.

Tommy was hurt and limping and Jason didn’t kill him? Yes they were a team. 

I agree with everyone else. Call them out on the mic and they will leave. 

Its nice if you are the lobby host. We had this happen where someone ran over 4 counselors and then Jason let him escape. So next game we followed the driver around and kept hitting him and just making noise so Jason would come. Of course Jason kills us but as I watched him about to escape, oops lobby closed. I know it sucked for the other players but both teamers were in the car escaping! 

I don’t really get mad at people teaming unless they are trolling and getting other players killed. If it is just two people in a party together then Jason will probably save his buddy for last or let them escape. It is online multiplayer and friends play together, sometimes they’ll let their friend escape and sometimes they show no mercy to anybody. If the teamers aren’t opening doors and telling my location then it’s pretty much fair game, I can survive a tunneling by Jason for a while. Now if it is a party of 4 or more and Jason kills everybody not in their group and let the others screw around for ten minutes then it becomes a problem.