Mike_Balestra

Last Watched Movies

just finished Ant-Man with Audio commentary by director Peyton Reed and co-writer and star of the film Paul Rudd. so good! so much insight and details

Mad Max: Fury Road was the best movie of the summer in my opinion. I loved that movie and so did every other person I know that watched it. It even pulled a 89 score on Metacritic, so most critics loved it. I'll admit not every movie can please everyone, but you're definitely in the minority if you didn't like that movie DOHVB1. Jpops, definitely give it 2 hours of your time. You'll dig it.

not to forget 97% on rottentomatoes, which is much more important to movies than metacritic.

best action movie of the last 20 years probably. just so damn nuts and insane. like an 80s Action movie on speed, drenched in gasoline and dust.

not to forget 97% on rottentomatoes, which is much more important to movies than metacritic.

I don't put much stock in reviews, if I did, would I have seen any Friday the 13th movie.  My favorite, Part 6 sits at a 12% on rotten tomatoes.  I don't think you should decide to see or not see a movie(or a game for that matter) simply based on what other people say.  Wouldn't be the first time I'm in the minority about a movie.  That said...

I would say the best action movie of the last 20 years was The Raid

• Like 1

believe me i dont. i have seen enough movies and played enough games to be a critic myself, still such a high score for a movie like Mad Max Fury Road is an incredible achievement

• Like 1

The last couple of movies I watched were The Final Girls, Jurassic World, Dracula Untold, and Law Abiding Citizen

I don't put much stock in reviews, if I did, would I have seen any Friday the 13th movie.  My favorite, Part 6 sits at a 12% on rotten tomatoes.  I don't think you should decide to see or not see a movie(or a game for that matter) simply based on what other people say.  Wouldn't be the first time I'm in the minority about a movie.  That said...

I would say the best action movie of the last 20 years was The Raid

The Raid was pretty sweet. I still enjoy popping that in and watching it. I liked Dredd too, which makes sense considering it's like the comic book version of the same movie. Karl Urban played Dredd about as robotically perfect as someone could.

believe me i dont. i have seen enough movies and played enough games to be a critic myself, still such a high score for a movie like Mad Max Fury Road is an incredible achievement

I went to PAX this year and WB games had Uber cars designed like maurader cars with dressed up drivers from Mad Max picking people up to take them to the event. It was pretty hilarious and awesome.

Sinister 2 - it was meh.  Hoping the 3rd one will at least try and explain more about the pagan god  Bughuul. 

the last movie i saw tonight was POD... boy what a stinker. The acting was pretty bad for everyone except the crazy brother, the creature was meh at best and before i knew it the movie was over.

Review version of "Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocolyapse.  So good.  Way better then the disappointing Cooties!