Sinisterslither

The Most fairplay when you're about to be kill as Jason.

The Most fairplay when you're about to be kill as Jason  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play when your mask is off, a girl wear the sweater and Jarvis is here ?

• I let myself kill
    • I keep playing, try to kill them by using Jason abilities
    • I stay under water
    • Rage quit

3 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I agree but Well I'm  only one of the FEW here campaigning for better training/Game being easier for new onboarding player counselors  in random QP.  Most no one wants an easier game for new counselors, because that would entail weakening Jason a bit.  Im sorry but the fact is, the game itself doesn't have much understanding for new players does it?   They start, get thrown to a Random QP lobby, thrown to the wolves, and pretty much lone wolfing in QP with not much clue what to do or very few people to work with 

If a player wants to get better at this game, there is plenty of resources online resources.  While a better in-game tutorial would be nice, ultimately its the player who decides to make the effort. Many don't bother even if good in game resources are built-in, just like not every player uses training mode in fighting games.  Many players play it casually and do "what they think is good" when they play.  Then they die because don't have a pocket knife (even if they did, they would only last another 30 seconds :P), then complain. 

The player that is least prepared is more likely to die.... Yep, this is a survival game.

Although it seems coward like , I morph a little a way from the counsellors and come up with a plan on how to kill them once my mask is off(which is rare),Eventually they never stick together and Ill pick off sweater girl or Jarvis .The only time I've ever went to the water was on a match at small Higgins ,The host lag was tremendously terrible and this was before our current patch .So I morphed to the water and then manned up to kill Jarvis before he and the sweater girl got together .That was the Closest time to me ever being killed as Jason.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Again.. with the lone wolfing and bullshit about 'new' players.  

Fuck the lone wolves..  And fuck the newbies.

They want to learn how to play?  Learn how everyone else did...  Want to lone wolf, go nuts.. get caught and die, well toooo bad..  Its as simple as that.  

Theres tons of videos and topics about how to play this game.  There's offline mode to play as Jason. Learning how to play Jason will teach players how to deal with Jason.

Friend of mine thats under lvl 20 knows full well how to play this game.  Hes not that good at it, but knows the basics.    I don't hear him complaining about anything

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If a player wants to get better at this game, there is plenty of resources online resources.  While a better in-game tutorial would be nice, ultimately its the player who decides to make the effort. Many don't bother even if good in game resources are built-in, just like not every player uses training mode in fighting games.  Many players play it casually and do "what they think is good" when they play.  Then they die because don't have a pocket knife (even if they did, they would only last another 30 seconds :P), then complain. 

The player that is least prepared is more likely to die.... Yep, this is a survival game.

Don't  let Dory derail this into a 22 page thread  about "lone wolfing players " going away and contradictory statements about his and others gameplay .

I had a round yesterday where I got demasked by a group of players where Tommy and sweater Jenny stuck together. I have my Jason selection on random, got selected as Part VI (who I'll always handle poorly when trying to melee) and I wasn't playing too well.

One hit by Tommy, plus two baseball bat hits before that was literally all it took. Which is weird, with bats being high in stun but not high in damage. Admittedly, there might have been a shotgun hit aswell.

I continued play afterwards, but I would be a fool to engage the group directly. I didn't collect all throwing knives, so I ran out of them son. I tried to manage my cooldowns and tried to draw them apart by shifting and stalking, but they stuck together until late in the game when I was able to catch one who tried to pick up car keys. If it happens again, I will take my sweet time collecting knives. Ultimately the timer ran out.

They didn't talk until very close to the end of the match, so I assume they were in partychat. They weren't happy and probably perceived my tactics as "running", which I can understand to a degree I admit. Personally I was really trying to create any sort of opening and it got me one more kill, but I wasn't happy with my performance.

Despite what they might have felt, I think I still gave them a few shots at me. There were three instances where I shifted right into the middle of them, but they were neither fast or coordinated enough to stun me plus Sweater Jenny and Tommy were always to far apart to do their thing. Jenny had a Vanessa with bat at hand though, which meant I only tried to slash and morphed behind the next house shortly thereafter.

I will not try and talk up my own style, but I'll say that I won't just gift any player any sort of kill in QP. On the other hand I won't quit or wall stance either. So yeah, as soon as my mask is gone I won't recklessly juggernaut into a group of five with Tommy and the sweater. ((And as soon as weapon swapping is implemented I will toss that fence post into crystal lake).

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, HuDawg said:

Again.. with the lone wolfing and bullshit about 'new' players.  

Fuck the lone wolves..  And fuck the newbies.

They want to learn how to play?  Learn how everyone else did...  Want to lone wolf, go nuts.. get caught and die, well toooo bad..  Its as simple as that.  

Theres tons of videos and topics about how to play this game.  There's offline mode to play as Jason. Learning how to play Jason will teach players how to deal with Jason.

Friend of mine thats under lvl 20 knows full well how to play this game.  Hes not that good at it, but knows the basics.    I don't hear him complaining about anything

I like the cut of your jib, mate.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2018 at 12:30 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

play keep away and make damn sure I land every throwing knife. If that fails, put my face in a wall so they can't kill me.

Wait, that's a thing? Face a wall and they can't kill you?

4 hours ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Personally I was really trying to create any sort of opening and it got me one more kill, but I wasn't happy with my performance.

You did nothing wrong, you were already at a severe disadvantage.  Honestly, defending a Jason kill begins in the lobby before the match.  If you see a bunch of high lvl players come in at once, see the same player grab the sweater or getting the J-kill several times in the same lobby, or anything that gives you a clue that you're dealing with Jason hunters, you have to play a different meta. 

18 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Wait, that's a thing? Face a wall and they can't kill you?

If Jason has his face in a wall, if they try to sweater stun him and knock him to his knees, the action prompt for Tommy to kill Jason can't be interacted with because it is IN the wall. It might still be functional across thin interior walls, so be sure to face an exterior cabin wall that's thick enough to block it.

As long as your still actually playing the game, and not taking your ball and going home (quitting or hiding in the lake), then it seems fair to me. 

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If Jason has his face in a wall, if they try to sweater stun him and knock him to his knees, the action prompt for Tommy to kill Jason can't be interacted with because it is IN the wall. It might still be functional across thin interior walls, so be sure to face an exterior cabin wall that's thick enough to block it.

Can be done outside too against a rock.

I wonder if standing against a long table would work? I have to try that someday.

Just now, Loading said:

Can be done outside too against a rock.

I wonder if standing against a long table would work? I have to try that someday.

Gotta be careful, I saw someone complete the kill when Jason was kneeling in front of a window. Tommy went inside the cabin to activate the kill.

I made a post about this a couple weeks ago and I can definitively say the only sportsmanlike way to play it is try your best to kill them but don't hide underwater or run away running out the 20 minute clock. It's toxic and ruins the experience.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, Impactedmedal38 said:

It’s wrong morphing away to hide is a little ridiculous. Now if you just left to go check up on a objective or focus on a another counselor that would’ve been a different story. Besides it’s kind of your fault for getting into a position to be killed. There are several steps in killing Jason. Jason players have ample time to stop the process.

Bro, do you even Jason?

I think it's kind of funny that nobody has the balls to admit they rage quit in the situation. We all know damn well there's someone here that does it. And to the 2 people that stay underwater, fuck you! What a boring way to play... Lose the ego and at least TRY to kill someone. It's just a game, it doesn't matter if you die.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I think it's kind of funny that nobody has the balls to admit they rage quit in the situation. We all know damn well there's someone here that does it. And to the 2 people that stay underwater, fuck you! What a boring way to play... Lose the ego and at least TRY to kill someone. It's just a game, it doesn't matter if you die.

All three of my balls are intact, and I've never rage quit under any circumstances.  Free XP is free XP, and I have plenty of things I can do while I wait.

Someone's about to kill me as Jason?  That's on me for not doing my job and killing counselors fast enough.  Some of us are accountable for our own failings, and can handle "failure" just fine without blaming others for our own shortcomings.

Jason wants to face a wall or hide underwater?  Fine by me, I'll take my free XP and escape, grab another beer and browse the forums while I wait for the match to end.  No skin off my nose.

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

All three of my balls are intact, and I've never rage quit under any circumstances.

Considering I've had Jason rage quit because I started the car or entered his shack, I'm pretty damn sure someone here would quit if they were about to be killed. Glad to hear your balls are okay though.

I'm fine with the free XP, and I personally have never had him hide in the water. It's just that you're wasting people's time. Yeah, they could just escape. But with the kill ready to go, most people won't. They'll wait it out and try to hunt him down.

• Haha 1

Had a game about a week ago where this happened. I was playing smart and grabbing throwing knives to peg them from afar. At one point I had the girl with the sweater limping and Tommy used his heal spray on her to keep them going. Eventually, the cops had arrived but I knew they would go for the kill instead of the escape based on the amount of dedication they'd already shown by this point. The eventually tried to avoid my knives by going into a cabin that I had already broken the window to. As Tommy went through I hit him with a knife and he started limping. I made my way in with stalk and waiting for them to get a little space between them and threw another knife at the sweater girl, this made her run out of the cabin, however because Tommy was limping, he couldn't keep up so I slashed him. As I went for the grab on the sweater girl the game started to lag. Tommy was apparently the host and didnt like the fact that they got outplayed.

The lose of experience was worth the rage. :D 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Truth said:

Considering I've had Jason rage quit because I started the car or entered his shack, I'm pretty damn sure someone here would quit if they were about to be killed.

I'm not sure. In the community, yes, guaranteed. Not sure about forum members. It seems a majority around here hates quitting midmatch outside a few notable exceptions.

4 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I'm not sure. In the community, yes, guaranteed. Not sure about forum members. It seems a majority around here hates quitting midmatch outside a few notable exceptions.

True, but some people here have exaggerated egos. I would be shocked if certain people wouldn't rage quit. Especially those that do it as a counselor. I like to think this community is "above" the shit you see in quick play daily, but i know we will always have those exceptions. We have plenty of shitty players and trolls here. I guarantee someone here does it.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Why don't the counselors go in the water after Jason if they want to kill him so badly? 

Just now, hokiehi said:

Why don't the counselors go in the water after Jason if they want to kill him so badly? 

Because you can't kill him in the water and he gets an instant kill there...?

Just now, Truth said:

Even if you bait a cocky hider to the shore and get him to his knees, because theres not enough room for the animation/it'll cause you to swim, you can't interact with the killing blow prompt. Think this happens with certain hills too. The whole killing Jason mechanic seems a little borked lately.

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

True, but some people here have exaggerated egos. I would be shocked if certain people wouldn't rage quit. Especially those that do it as a counselor. I like to think this community is "above" the shit you see in quick play daily, but i know we will always have those exceptions. We have plenty of shitty players and trolls here. I guarantee someone here does it.

Very likely. But I can definetly see those people not being among the most vocal board members. Even if they were, if it's an ego thing, there is nothing to be gained for those individuals. It is mostly frowned upon on the board and you wouldn't get an ego boost from mentioning it or even voting it anonymously.

@ThePunkPirate is borked an actual term? Because I truly love that word!

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

"It's just a game. It doesn't matter if you die."

Seriously, if counselors team up to to exploit the chain stun and get the easy kill on Jason,  what's the difference in having Jason exploit that he's invincible in water to get the easy kill on the counselors? 

8 minutes ago, hokiehi said:

Image result for picard facepalm

• Like 1