Sinisterslither

The Most fairplay when you're about to be kill as Jason.

The Most fairplay when you're about to be kill as Jason  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play when your mask is off, a girl wear the sweater and Jarvis is here ?

• I let myself kill
    • I keep playing, try to kill them by using Jason abilities
    • I stay under water
    • Rage quit

I had a game tonight as Jason where my mask were off, Jarvis and Sweater's Fox tried to kill me.

So I went away with Morph or Shift for stalking them and trying to Grab Shift Fox, and I failed 2 or 3 times, so I morphed away, after the fail, to retry. 

At the end, they baited me by escaping with the car; they wanted me to stop it and it worked, Fox succeeded to stun me, but they couldn't kill me, I don't know why, maybe a glitch. They escaped with cops.

In the lobby, they told me that is unfair to run away like that (I didn't play with mic). 

My question is how do you play when it happens to you ? I understand it can be frustrating for counselor, but I don't think I cheated or something, I just tried to kill them by using Jason abilities and I failed. For me, when the mask is off and Jarvis is on the scene, it's like a new game mode coming in the middle of the game, so the rules change.  

Am I wrong to play like that ?

No, I think you played just fine. There's nothing wrong with what you did.

When I'm Jason and find myself in the same situation, of course I play a little more cautiously as well by using Stalk and Jason's other abilities, but with sudden bursts of hardcore aggression when an opening presents itself.

And yeah, just hiding in the lake or running away non-stop is lame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You definitely need to change your approach in those situations and try to outsmart them/catch them by surprise and as long as you don't give up on the round and simply run/hide for the duration I really don't see anything wrong with it. Always remember that this is an online game and a lot of people will complain regardless just don't let it bother you because from what you wrote, you did not give up on the round and still tried to kill them.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

I understand it can be frustrating for counselor, but I don't think I cheated or something.....

Why do so many people have such a difficult time understanding what cheating is?

Circumventing or manipulating the mechanics of the game to gain an unfair advantage is cheating, that's it. There's no need to question anything else. 

If you're trying to kill Jason and have a reaction like the OP mentioned because you can't get to him, then you're retarded. If he runs away, try to catch him and if you can't, make sure you're prepared to escape or run the clock out. That's the lay of the land so get used to it.   

We were gonna kill Jason yesterday and the fucker kept going in the water, not that deep, but when I reached them everybody was avoiding him in fear of being drowned. I yelled, "Let's go! We can kill him in the fucking water!" as I ran up to him and stunned him. The sweater girl and Tommy ran up and Jason was sent to Davy Jone's Locker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Sinisterslither  Facing them head on when your mask is knocked off is a death sentence, unless they screw it up or you are saved by a glitch. Both of these can easily happen. You did nothing wrong using Jason's abilities as you did. People will cry that its unfair when you don't play the way they think you should. That is very immature behavior. The same type of people would probably hide in the water and vote on #2: keep playing and try to kill them with Jason's abilities. I would be surprised if anyone votes that they would stay underwater or rage quit, but we all know it happens... a lot.
  Personally, after losing my mask I got on a hunt for throwing knives. This can take a few minutes, even running Jasons are not that fast. Then I use stalk, morph and shift to keep distance and target only sweater girl, or only Tommy with throwing knives. This has worked well for me so far. The initial shock when I attack from a distance in stalk is usually pretty amusing. I can get off two, sometimes three knives before they close in on me ( I used offline mode to practice throwing knives from a distance and quick throws). Then I use morph and shift to keep my distance and continue the attack, you really need to keep an eye on your regeneration speeds on morph and shift for this to be effective.
   Sense spamming is vital here to identify your target and if it is taken away, it would be a major nerf to Jason and a massive buff to the Jason hunters. It can take quite a few knives to eat through all of their med sprays and there are very limited throwing knives on any map, small maps have much fewer knives. It is truly amazing how many med sprays some groups have and if you misidentify your target, you waste too many knives on the wrong counselor. There will always be a few misses. But smart groups will only use their med sprays on the two they need to keep around to finish the kill, Tommy and sweater girl.
   I have been getting a few more groups trying to kill me as Jason recently, but this tactic is still working.... for now.

• Thanks 1

That shouldn't happen to you in Random QP if you're good unless you happen to run into a team of friends.  Not a bunch of "Randomers"   There should be no reason to where it gets to that point in QP unless you're still in you're Jason "rookie" stages or just got stuck against a good team (which is rare on certain platforms that is) 

You should be able to get you're objectives trapped and blitz a few counselors quick before they get to the shacks, cars, boats and already start on objectives. 

• Thanks 1

@Sinisterslither

You did nothing wrong.

Counselors, particularly people who are counselor mains, will try and say anything to convince you that you're supposed to play the game the way they want you to. If you don't want to die- don't let them kill you. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, if they have escape options open but refuse to leave so they can chase you around- they're the ones holding the game hostage at that point. I've literally stated "I'm not going to get close enough for you to kill me." and they still stay. :/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sinisterslither said:

Mommy would be proud of your behaviour

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

@Sinisterslither

You did nothing wrong.

Counselors, particularly people who are counselor mains, will try and say anything to convince you that you're supposed to play the game the way they want you to. If you don't want to die- don't let them kill you. There's nothing wrong with that.

While I would rather get the kill, I'm quite fine with taking the "W" if Jason doesn't want to play.  Ether way, I survived :P

• Haha 1

Killing Jason has become so easy because he's completely useless dealing with groups chain stunning him continuously until Tommy arrives that it is now expected that doing the deed is supposed to be a cake walk. They get pissy when you outsmart them.

I was stuck with a group using the chain stunning advantage on me until it took one to make a half a second mistake targeting me from the front when I blocked him. I immediately Shifted out of there and go into Stalk but not far out their Chat range. I heard them talking saying I pussied out into the water and they mentioned going to the phone booth to try and attract me back. I teleported right to the phone booth and parked myself on a hill just at a distance between some bushes and trees. Part 6 blends in well between trees. I waited. As soon as Tommy knelt down and used his pocket knife to disarm my trap. I Shifted right at him and used the Heart Punch kill faster than the others can react. Then I went and tore into the others. I recommend stalking and attacking from the distance. Aim for the sweater girl first if Tommy used his pocket knife. Too bad they were too busy screwing around trolling me to bother finding Tommy boy a backup knife

• Like 2

If I know they are killing me, I give them the honor to do it

Although they do have to achieve that first. 

2 hours ago, Avanious said:

Killing Jason has become so easy

I agree it is easier to kill him now than it was a few months after release. That’s why I think the developers should change it up a little and revamp the way Jason can be killed every 6 months or so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DorianRo said:

That shouldn't happen to you in Random QP if you're good unless you happen to run into a team of friends.  Not a bunch of "Randomers"   There should be no reason to where it gets to that point in QP unless you're still in you're Jason "rookie" stages or just got stuck against a good team (which is rare on certain platforms that is) 

You should be able to get you're objectives trapped and blitz a few counselors quick before they get to the shacks, cars, boats and already start on objectives. 

Not everyone is a grand master the second they pick up the game. Show some understanding towards the newer players because it's their game too.

• Thanks 2

I all depends on if Jarvis has already used his knife or not. If you manage to pick up Jarvis before your mask was off he should be the main target. Sweater girl will usually have a knife or two because most counselors do not dare to go after the sweater unless they have a knife. I’ve even had my friend play as Jarvis give me his knife because it is easier for Jarvis to break free over any counselor. A lot of Jason’s will simply slash Jarvis but if worse comes to worse and you don’t want to die as Jason then push your face into a wall so Jarvis can’t kill you. You can’y go head on like a bull into a group of five coordinated counselors because Jason will die easily. One time I was Part 3 with a bunch of lower level kids trying to kill me but they didn’t know how to swing at me and I injured all of them and proceeded to slash three or four and then the rest you can go ahead and grab kill once they split up. Fox eventually knocked off my mask with an axe through the door while AJ got the sweater but Jarvis was already dead at that point.

If there's a chance I'm going to die, I'm going to go down fighting.  I may retreat a little just so I can give myself some space, regroup and come up with a plan but then I'll go right back on the attack shifting at Tommy or the sweater girl to try to dispatch either one of them.  I've been killed twice, both in a private group against really good players and neither time did I quit or run and hide for the rest of the match.

10 hours ago, Sinisterslither said:

My question is how do you play when it happens to you ? I understand it can be frustrating for counselor, but I don't think I cheated or something, I just tried to kill them by using Jason abilities and I failed. For me, when the mask is off and Jarvis is on the scene, it's like a new game mode coming in the middle of the game, so the rules change.  

Im even worse when my mask gets knocked off and i see a kill squad.  I end up taking my sweet time, going around the map grabbing every throwing knife i see.. Then i start using Stalk, Morph, Shift to keep myself at a distance from the counselors while i throw pocket knives at the sweater girl non stop.    They are not allowed to get close to me.

Last time i did this was a about a week ago.  It took about 6 mins for me to tour the map and grab all the pocket knives.   The Counselor players where sending me hate messages for 5 mins straight..  With 2 mins left, i finally jumped back and started throwing knife sniping the shit out the sweater girl till she died.. Then i hacked Tommy to Death  and Choke Slammed Chad to death.

Got 8/8 with 20 seconds left...lol.

• Haha 1

It’s wrong morphing away to hide is a little ridiculous. Now if you just left to go check up on a objective or focus on a another counselor that would’ve been a different story. Besides it’s kind of your fault for getting into a position to be killed. There are several steps in killing Jason. Jason players have ample time to stop the process.

Thank you all for your answers.

The players who tried to kill me seems really nice, they didn't insult me except one who told me "you ran like a bitch" but otherwise they are not trash players. They played really good, not chained stun me, they repair light box for calling Jarvis, avoir trap I put on my shack etc...And I made some mistakes but that was not my worst game as Jason neither. And again, without the glitch, they actually killed me.

And I understand that they tought I was running away when I morphed and shifted, but I don't see another way for trying to kill them and not dying. And I'm level 135 so not a new players.

I'm just wondering if it wouldn't miss something to the game, a new rule or something when this situation happens. A way for Jason to kill counselors without the impression of running away from them and hide.

Maybe with the knives, like you mentioned here is the best way, I don't tought about that so thanks to you, I'll try next time. Thanks again all of you.

53 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im even worse when my mask gets knocked off and i see a kill squad.  I end up taking my sweet time, going around the map grabbing every throwing knife i see.. Then i start using Stalk, Morph, Shift to keep myself at a distance from the counselors while i throw pocket knives at the sweater girl non stop.    They are not allowed to get close to me.

Last time i did this was a about a week ago.  It took about 6 mins for me to tour the map and grab all the pocket knives.   The Counselor players where sending me hate messages for 5 mins straight..  With 2 mins left, i finally jumped back and started throwing knife sniping the shit out the sweater girl till she died.. Then i hacked Tommy to Death  and Choke Slammed Chad to death.

Got 8/8 with 20 seconds left...lol.

And this is why (Some)  People are Dumb, They had the option to Hide and Survive, But nah.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

It’s wrong morphing away to hide is a little ridiculous. Now if you just left to go check up on a objective or focus on a another counselor that would’ve been a different story. Besides it’s kind of your fault for getting into a position to be killed. There are several steps in killing Jason. Jason players have ample time to stop the process.

I agree, but that's not the question. The question is how do you play in this situation ? This thread is for us to share strategies as Jason.

I don't think it's wrong to use Jason's abilities to your advantage to stop a team killing you. If I get demasked I normally stay a house behind the team and go find throwing knives and aim for the person wearing the sweater, then as they start limping I will shift in and start hacking. At least two people are incapacitated by the animation and I can hopefully get 2 slashes in. It's worked for me a few times now. Of course people get salty and I get accused of cheating but i don't care at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not everyone is a grand master the second they pick up the game. Show some understanding towards the newer players because it's their game too.

I agree but Well I'm  only one of the FEW here campaigning for better training/Game being easier for new onboarding player counselors  in random QP.  Most no one wants an easier game for new counselors, because that would entail weakening Jason a bit.  Im sorry but the fact is, the game itself doesn't have much understanding for new players does it?   They start, get thrown to a Random QP lobby, thrown to the wolves, and pretty much lone wolfing in QP with not much clue what to do or very few people to work with 

23 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I agree but Well I'm  only one of the FEW here campaigning for better training/Game being easier for new onboarding player counselors  in random QP.  Most no one wants an easier game for new counselors, because that would entail weakening Jason a bit.  Im sorry but the fact is, the game itself doesn't have much understanding for new players does it?   They start, get thrown to a Random QP lobby, thrown to the wolves, and pretty much lone wolfing in QP with not much clue what to do or very few people to work with 

Again.. with the lone wolfing and bullshit about 'new' players.  

Fuck the lone wolves..  And fuck the newbies.

They want to learn how to play?  Learn how everyone else did...  Want to lone wolf, go nuts.. get caught and die, well toooo bad..  Its as simple as that.  

Theres tons of videos and topics about how to play this game.  There's offline mode to play as Jason. Learning how to play Jason will teach players how to deal with Jason.

Friend of mine thats under lvl 20 knows full well how to play this game.  Hes not that good at it, but knows the basics.    I don't hear him complaining about anything

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1