With the release of the Roy update, came a de-buff to the amount of pocket knives available per match. (3 or 4 if Tommy Spawns.) This nerf effectively created a more balanced game, (based on the majority of the communities perspective on the balance) which caused more Jasons to quit complaining over the imbalance that the counselors have the edge in the game.

Now you may be wondering, why did I bring this up? Because my point is that there shouldn't be a reason for Jason to start going merry-go-round with their Meat Cleaver or Axe. Even though the update fixed balancing with too many pocket knives, there are still Jasons who still use their blades to hack people to death. I understand that one of the reasons why Weapon Strength might be a thing is because sometimes Jason can get teamed up by literally everyone and get constantly bullied and stunned over and over, but it isn't fair when I get chased by Jason as Deborah for 7 minutes straight, and I'm at a state where I'm out of stamina thanks because he can have the ability to run, except, I have 1 out of the 3 knives total in the map, and he can reward himself with a very easy kill. It's really not fair and balanced from the view of a counselor. Let's also mention the fact that if you go through a broken window once and get hit by their weapon, you will instantly be in the limping state, same applies to getting hit by a throwing knife and going through a broken window. 

To solve this problem, just simply remove weapon strength but give him a weapon strength buff when 3 or more counselors are within 6 meters of each other and nearby Jason. This criterial buff will apply to ALL Jasons in the game. This solves the problem with the easy unfair rewarding kill potential that Part 3 and 4 Jason's can receive and the counselor's ability to harass Jason. 

-Qcici

download-7.jpg

@Qcici

Someone will likely tell you you're not supposed to use a bunch of different colours. Don't know why, it's the rules.

On what you're saying- you lasted 7 minutes with Jason tunnelling you as Deb. What's not fair? You died after giving a much longer chase than a Deb normally would. Get over it.

Weapon Strength will remain a strength for Jason, I don't see it changing.

• Like 1

@bewareofbears

Sorry, I didn't know about the color situation with this forum.

I understand that I should probably get over it, but even If i didn't last 7 minutes, it's still a problem in this game. The majority of the counselors in this game who get swung at by a meat cleaver or axe don't even last 7 minutes but rather 2 or 3 minutes total. You're probably right that it won't change in this game, but it's certainly not balanced in relationship to the pocket knife nerf. So if many people start complaining about this, then I've already proposed a solution on how they can KINDA keep it in the game but nerf it in a sense. 

Actually I need to re-phrase the title of this topic

There we go.

@Qcici

Jason's Strengths are balanced by his Weaknesses. While certain Jasons might have Weapon Strength, they will be deficient in other areas. You had a negative experience because the game didn't play out how you hoped. That's no reason to adjust balance for the entire game. In the future, when you see a Jason with Weapon Strength in the opening cutscene- adjust your strategy.

Pocketknives were reduced to a level closer to the game's release. I know it's technically a nerf but the goal in reducing the pocketknives was to create better balance- it has and we're all better for it.

@bewareofbears

You clearly wasn't paying any attention to anything I said. I clearly stated:

25 minutes ago, Qcici said:

I understand that I should probably get over it, but even If i didn't last 7 minutes, it's still a problem in this game. The majority of the counselors in this game who get swung at by a meat cleaver or axe don't even last 7 minutes but rather 2 or 3 minutes total.

I agreed that it was just a simple and annoying game, and y'know, "I should probably get over it." And clearly stated that the majority of counselors who get swung at don't even last 3 minutes, which illustrates that I was speaking for the public (those who get swung at), and not myself. Yet you decide to ignore what I spoken and claimed that I want to adjust the balance of this game because of an unfortunate/negative occurance that took an impact on me.

And please give me some insight of what you mean by:

8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

In the future, when you see a Jason with Weapon Strength in the opening cutscene- adjust your strategy.

I would love for you to give me (in great detail) this evaluation of adjusting my strategy.

I've reformatted your post to something more appropriate. Too many colors makes things difficult to read; see the rule here: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/286-notice-of-signatures-and-font-use-on-forums/

Secondly, I've edited out the final paragraph of your post. Again, read the forum rules; 'suck my fucking dick' is not appropriate to post.

Thirdly, no multi-posting please; I've merged your posts into one. Multi-posting is where you make more than 1 post in a row without someone else posting something. You can edit previous content, but wait until someone else has made a post before you make a new one after.

Not another "please Nerf Jason in this way" thread. ?

If you get caught by Jason in the beginning, that's on you and should not be a reason to weaken Jason to appease feelings, it's a damn slasher game.

TLDR: "Oh hey guys it's unfair I get killed first , so let's make Jason weaker!"

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

TLDR: "Oh hey guys it's unfair I get killed first , so let's make Jason weaker!"

Oh. My. God.

@Redcat345

If you had read the following messages of that post, you would've saw that I wasn't suggestion balance for the game because of me getting hacked to death once, I was suggestion balance because this also affects some of the community in FT13. I lasted 7 mintutes against some merry-go-round Jason which is pretty good in itself but was unfair when he hacked me to death. 

Not only that, but the title of this thread isn't called "Make Jason Weaker." It's called a Jason Weapon Strength re-work, and it works like this (since you don't want to read anything:)
Jason's Weapon Strength is removed; however, When Jason is 10 meters near 3 or more counselors who are 7 meters nearby each other, Jason will get a status effect that gives him the Weapon Strength bonus when he's in the AOE. This AOE criteria will apply to ALL Jasons, which means that they can give Part 3 and 4 Jason an alternative choice with the Weapon Strength, which (in a sense) buffs Jason. 

Please do not reply to posts like these unless you actually read, because you'll end up having to read all this bullshit (and if you don't read this then i give up on you lol.)

7 hours ago, Qcici said:

@bewareofbears

Sorry, I didn't know about the color situation with this forum.

I understand that I should probably get over it, but even If i didn't last 7 minutes, it's still a problem in this game. The majority of the counselors in this game who get swung at by a meat cleaver or axe don't even last 7 minutes but rather 2 or 3 minutes total. You're probably right that it won't change in this game, but it's certainly not balanced in relationship to the pocket knife nerf. So if many people start complaining about this, then I've already proposed a solution on how they can KINDA keep it in the game but nerf it in a sense. 

Actually I need to re-phrase the title of this topic

There we go.

The only reason those people dont last 7 minutes is their own fault and not a game balance issue. If they dont run the right perks, if they deliberately go at jason, they die, simple as that, that has nothing to do with weapon strength but with brains. Also jason knows people that go at him have a pocket knife so why would he tap into that when he can just as easy slash them to death since they so willingly came to him?

Its like a chicken walking up to a lion just asking to be killed and eaten.

@HateMe

You do understand that not ALL situations in this game in relation to getting tunneled by Jason involve a counselor intendedly or deliberately running at Jason, right? (Tunneling is when Jason will literally ignore everyone and only give a REALLY long chase to you. He won't even care that an objective is being fixed when someone makes a mistake.) 

You can't always be certain that you can run the correct perks EVERY match because of the Jason selection system that is currently live in the servers, (They're doing this ticket system now for the new engine, which will make it more predictable when a player will become Jason.) Because of the current system, it's very invalid to say that people die because of the choices they make with their perks.

And for the pocket knife side of that, there's literally only 3 knives in a map! (excluding Tommy Jarvis) You don't have to worry about getting "decisive striked" in the neck 10 times every single game! For god's sake, why are you hacking people to death when the chances of you getting stabbed are significantly dropped because of the Roy Update? If you get angry at a counselor and can't seem to kill them by using your shift grabs, then just leave them and move onto another counselor, it's as simple as that! There's no reason to chase after someone for 9 minutes, because it makes you look like a salty angry adult-child chasing after a fly! And if you REALLY cannot grab ANYONE, then you need to practice your regular grabs and shift grabs. (someone told me that offline bots work effectively, but i'm not sure because of the A.I.)

This game in regards to balance is supposed to be... Well, balanced! Balance is a very heavy topic to cover with video games because not everyone in the community will be very fond of it. I remember when the pocket knife update dropped LIVE, it hurt me really bad. I almost felt like I couldn't even play this game lol. But as time went on, I adjusted to this change and got used to it. 

There's nothing unfair about it.  If Jason decides to tunnel you for 7 minutes, he runs the risk of the other counselors getting shit done while he focuses on you.  He has the right to kill you any way he wants.  If he thinks you have one or maybe even two pocket knives, he has every right to slash you to death.  If he wanted to, knifing you to death is fair game. Weapon strength is irrelevant. So you'll die in 3 or 4 slashes instead of 5 or 6, big deal.  I understand that it suck to get tunneled, but you have to look at the bigger picture instead of taking the selfish approach.  It shouldn't be about you, it should be about the team of counselors as a whole.  I don't mind dying as long as my death isn't in vain.  If I died while making repairs or tanking traps or distracting Jason, then I've done my job.  If the group of randoms you're being paired with in QP are no help at all, find some players you know you can trust, party up and go into QP together.  Your chances of survival with dramatically increase.

27 minutes ago, Qcici said:

@HateMe

You do understand that not ALL situations in this game in relation to getting tunneled by Jason involve a counselor intendedly or deliberately running at Jason, right? (Tunneling is when Jason will literally ignore everyone and only give a REALLY long chase to you. He won't even care that an objective is being fixed when someone makes a mistake.) 

You can't always be certain that you can run the correct perks EVERY match because of the Jason selection system that is currently live in the servers, (They're doing this ticket system now for the new engine, which will make it more predictable when a player will become Jason.) Because of the current system, it's very invalid to say that people die because of the choices they make with their perks.

And for the pocket knife side of that, there's literally only 3 knives in a map! (excluding Tommy Jarvis) You don't have to worry about getting "decisive striked" in the neck 10 times every single game! For god's sake, why are you hacking people to death when the chances of you getting stabbed are significantly dropped because of the Roy Update? If you get angry at a counselor and can't seem to kill them by using your shift grabs, then just leave them and move onto another counselor, it's as simple as that! There's no reason to chase after someone for 9 minutes, because it makes you look like a salty angry adult-child chasing after a fly! And if you REALLY cannot grab ANYONE, then you need to practice your regular grabs and shift grabs. (someone told me that offline bots work effectively, but i'm not sure because of the A.I.)

This game in regards to balance is supposed to be... Well, balanced! Balance is a very heavy topic to cover with video games because not everyone in the community will be very fond of it. I remember when the pocket knife update dropped LIVE, it hurt me really bad. I almost felt like I couldn't even play this game lol. But as time went on, I adjusted to this change and got used to it. 

I know what tunnelling is i had it several times where jason was chasing me for straight 15 min, and guess what i didnt die, if you know what to do and how to get around you can easily stay alive even if he is chasing you.

As for the perks, yes you can. There are literally no-brainer perks and you could even say a bsaic set of perks to use, for example damage reduction, med kit uses, start with a map (just as example) that alone will boost your survivability if you know how to use those. However the perks you choose are per YOUR individual gameplay and not per jason because there arent any perks that specifically help you against a specific jason.

If a jason wants to slash he will slash, thats his way of doing it. He does not have to grab you if he doesnt want to regardless how many pocket knives there are in a map. Thats his way of killing so leave it be, you have no entitlement to tell him he should stop it and not do it. Same with chasing after a person, if he wants to chase after you he can and he will, regardless if other people do anything else thats HIS choice not yours. the trick is how good are you in surviving that.

The only reason people die fast is because of their skill and how they play. If someone is an idiot he will die first, ther is nothing you can do about it or do you want to babysit them all over?  If jason is out to kill you he will do it.

To me this just looks like you got targeted, couldnt handle it and you died, big whoop....learn from it do better next time.

4 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

There's nothing unfair about it.  If Jason decides to tunnel you for 7 minutes, he runs the risk of the other counselors getting shit done while he focuses on you.  He has the right to kill you any way he wants.  If he thinks you have one or maybe even two pocket knives, he has every right to slash you to death.  If he wanted to, knifing you to death is fair game. Weapon strength is irrelevant. So you'll die in 3 or 4 slashes instead of 5 or 6, big deal.  I understand that it suck to get tunneled, but you have to look at the bigger picture instead of taking the selfish approach.  It shouldn't be about you, it should be about the team of counselors as a whole.  I don't mind dying as long as my death isn't in vain.  If I died while making repairs or tanking traps or distracting Jason, then I've done my job.  If the group of randoms you're being paired with in QP are no help at all, find some players you know you can trust, party up and go into QP together.  Your chances of survival with dramatically increase.

Happened to me a few nights ago. A part 3 Jason decided to tunnel me for what felt like a good 10–12 minutes. He eventually got me, due to an error I made. During that time, the cops were called and the Jason ended up with 2/8, and promptly left after the match was over lol. Sure it got a bit annoying, but I didn’t complain. I Eventually got my turn as Jason and wrecked shop. I share that story to say that I think weapon strength is fine as is. 

@Qcici Please explain how Jason slashing you with a weapon is unfair. The movies are lumped into a sub genre of horror movies called "slasher movies" for a reason. Just how many strikes from an axe, cleaver, machete or throwing knife do you think a person should be able to walk away from in an uninjured state? Be grateful that bleeding damage is not used in this game. As the number of 'slashes' to kill a counselor stands.... that is unrealistic and unfair to the Jason player, but it is in the game for balance purposes. One slash to limping or killing a counselor would be way too easy for Jason, even though it would be realistic.
   Balance in this game is closer to perfect now than it has been since I bought the game in October. Keep in mind... perfect balance in this game is not going to be realistic in every single aspect of the game. You can never please everybody with anything. Also, Jason faces seven counselors in an asymmetrical horror survival game. Jason is supposed to be overpowered. If you disagree with this statement.... please explain yourself.
   You survived 7 minutes of Jason chasing Deborah and you think this is unfair? I think 7 minutes with Deb being chased by Jason shows some skill on the Deb player. If everyone could survive being chased by Jason for 7 minutes each, Jason would NEVER get even 3 kills. The match is only 20 minutes long. Yet you suggest that Jason's weapon should do less damage to you?
   How is it unfair that climbing through a broken window injures you? Again... be grateful that bleeding damage is not used in this game.
   How is it unfair that the counselors (based on average teenagers) run out of stamina after 7 minutes? You are being chased by someone who can be classified in two different ways. Jason part 2 - 4 has been living in the woods for 20 years or so, chasing his own food. He would realistically be in way better shape than any teenager (even from the 80's). Or as an undead creature (part 6 through part 9 Jason) that never gets tired, but can no longer run.
   If the Jason player wants to 'tunnel' you and ignore any other distraction that pops up, that is up to the Jason player. If that is how someone wants to play Jason.... that is up to them, not you. Same goes if the Jason player want to do nothing but slash.... up to them, not you.
   Picking the correct perk for the game is difficult, but not only based on which Jason is used in the match. There are many other factors to think of. Look at what the perks do, there is a wide variety that covers a great many possible uses. For example, 'My Dad's a Cop'. Sure it comes in handy, but ONLY if you are the player that calls the cops. This situation is rarely left to the player that is using the perk, and thus unpredictable on whether or not you will even be able to put it to use in any match.
   Although I am not sure of the number of pocket knives in a match (not including Tommy's knife)..... I can tell you.... there is more than 3... in every match (not including Tommy's knife).

In reading your initial post, I did find one thing that is a staggeringly good idea. Buff Jason's weapon strength for each counselor he faces above one. This is an excellent idea that could actually lead to the end of the battle Chads and their constant attempts to bully Jason.
                #End Chain Stunning Now

@HateMe  Because someone dies first does not make them an idiot or speak to their skill level at all. People make mistakes.... no one is perfect.... also, someone has to die first. Do not try to tell me it has never been you. All that and some Jason players are sneakier than you give them credit for.
                #Never Underestimate the Sneakiness

You should be honored to be slashed, it makes your job as a counselor easier. Run epic medic and epic thick skinned on any counselor and tell me when the last time you were slashed was. If you run into a slashing Jason it is so much easier to avoid his slash than a grab. Jason can slash if he wants but if it isn’t a skilled Jason then they are gonna get a rude awakening once they realized 5/8 have escaped because they tunneled Tiffany and Vanessa trying to slash them when they have 6 med sprays and thick skinned. Be grateful that Jason is trying to slash because if you have the right perks then he’ll never get you.