16 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Like I said before, it was pretty obvious to tell that the Paranoia tralier teased Roy. The blue chevron hockey mask that was shown during the tralier and the hashtag "WhoisFiVe". Which, is clearly a reference to part 5s "A new beginning".

So, yeah. He was technical teased several months ago, but wasn't announced until January. But after the paranoia tralier, it was obvious that Roy was going to be part of the game either exclusively in paranoia or as a Jason to use in the normal multiplayer mode.

Ok but vc 2.0 said Uber and Grendel coming soon, the paranoia trailer never said "Roy" and"Pinehurst" coming soon! You are comparing apples to oranges, paranoia was suppose to be a new game mode not a new Jason and new map. The devs teased Uber Jason and Grendel mid December saying coming SOON then not even a month later they say all content has been delayed for engine upgrade, but they had been working on engine upgrade already before announcing it, so therefore they knew before announcing Uber Jason and Grendel map that they would be almost immediately be delaying it. So my point is, that is very sloppy and ill conceived of them to announce a highly hyped dlc as coming soon when they knew it would be delayed, I truly believed they did it just to shoot a jolt of hype back into a game that many were losing interest with. That's dirty pool and I'm not ashamed to bitch about it. I love this game, haven't stopped playing, have bought all dlc to help support it and it stings to get misled especially when the dlc I've been hoping for since purchase is the dlc they used in this tactic. If something isn't really going to be released soon they need to stop saying it's coming soon point blank!

• Like 1

EDIT- original question was answered by ShiftySamurai. I deleted original post since no date has been given yet for next update.

—————

Will the Engine update alleviate the connection issues and dropped lobbies (not the result of host quitting) or is that a matter best suited to dedicated servers?

@MyNameisJason

This will be part of the engine upgrade. 

April 13th is not a date they ever stated. They don't give dates. 

The Jason selection changes are in the next update. The next update has the engine upgrade. We never said that the update would be out on April 13th.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The Jason selection changes are in the next update. The next update has the engine upgrade. We never said that the update would be out on April 13th.

People just assuming cuz it being a Friday but that assumption had taken on a life of it's own and now people are on forums and even YouTube saying it's confirmed for Friday April 13th, lol almost every lobby on PS4 has someone talking about the next update confirmed for April 13th it's kind of amusing how people will tell a lie so much that even they start believing it!

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

My bad Shifty, I either imprinted that date into my mind or became confused in all the hype posts about said date. I’ll edit that out of my previous post so there is no misinformation going around. Thanks for the clarification. All of the news is very exciting. Thanks again for keeping us posted! 

1 minute ago, MyNameisJason said:

My bad Shifty, I either imprinted that date into my mind or became confused in all the hype posts about said date. I’ll edit that out of my previous post so there is no misinformation going around. Thanks for the clarification. All of the news is very exciting. Thanks again for keeping us posted! 

After this update people will start assuming the Friday the 13th happening in June or July will be dedicated servers!

2 minutes ago, jistsomeguy said:

jist go ahead and do it now, im bored. 8]

Did you hear that Friday June 13th we get dedicated servers!!!! Lol just wait ppl will really be saying this after the next update

1 minute ago, uberXJoshua said:

After this update people will start assuming the Friday the 13th happening in June or July will be dedicated servers!

Lol wouldn’t be surprised. I won’t be home anyway. My gf and I are doing the Camp NobeBosco tour of the original Friday the 13th film. Should be a lot of fun with fellow fans. 

Im still excited for the new updates. I’m looking forward to the bug fixes and connection issues. It’s been kind of hard to play the game regularly as of late due to constant disconnects and errors. 

1 minute ago, MyNameisJason said:

Lol wouldn’t be surprised. I won’t be home anyway. My gf and I are doing the Camp NobeBosco tour of the original Friday the 13th film. Should be a lot of fun with fellow fans. 

Im still excited for the new updates. I’m looking forward to the bug fixes and connection issues. It’s been kind of hard to play the game regularly as of late due to constant disconnects and errors. 

Sounds fun and yea it's so irritating when that crap happens!

23 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

i know the april 13th is not the exact date but april or early may still target timetable correct 

On 3/15/2018 at 7:57 PM, JackTV said:

While you’re updating, can you add some “patience” and “understanding” buffs for some of the members here?

If you add everything they’ve teased so far, we now have weapon swapping, legendary perks, Roy’s coverall change, single player challenges, and now an improved Jason spawn system.

Not to mention the engine update itself, which will not only make the game run smoother and solve several issues, but is a critical — no, required — step to getting to the dedicated servers. 

When you add it all up, that’s a sizable update,  and we haven’t had the Part 5 DLC and Jason buffs for very long. So I wish some of you guys would have a little perspective. 

22 hours ago, Trident77 said:

Speak for yourself, I'd rather the game continue to get more balance before new material gets dropped. Jason has no way to deal with mobs currently, and his HP is too weak (Tommy Jarvis/Buggzy can one hit the mask off with some perks, and even Jenny can rip the mask off with four vertical power hits using a machete). Also, console players like myself are looking forward to the game engine update so that the dedicated servers can come next.

While I can't speak on behalf on how everyone feels, I can kind of understand where their frustration is coming from. I think the problem with people complaining is that they want some kind of ground breaking content that will keep them occupied until the issues are resolved. That way, they won't have to worry about being impatient for other future updates. 

And who can blame them? Majority of them have been waiting for the online issues to get resolved since the dawn of time. If there's one thing that's worse than a game with issues, is that it's a game that has existing issues and no content to keep the replay value alive.

Some of the members here are anxious and angry because they're worried the game won't be all that fun for much longer, even if a huge solution to something like dedicated servers will arrive. They'll also start to blame or lash out at other particular users in the forums, because they feel they're the main reason some of the huge DLC is on hiatus or may never see the light of day. This is stemming from threads about tedious topics one can argue that really shouldn't be top priority. Examples: (The rants about Jason's grab range, the way he slashes, campaigning for clothing colors or something as silly like redesigning a Jason mask.)

I myself don't necessarily care for these new perk types, weapon swapping or some ticket system for Jason if it's not going to be all that much game changing. Do I welcome them for the benefit of the game? Sure. I just wouldn't expect ideas like this to ease the tension in the community much better than it already is.

Maybe the emotion surrounding the DLC will calm down a little once the update hits and players will get a better feel of everything. Another important thing to keep in mind is that none of us still don't have the slightest clue on what the new engine will look like and there are still some absent information revolving around single player. These two pieces of content are potential difference makers, we just have to hope it'll be a big boost for the game and maybe bring back some type of confidence.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

They don't give dates. 

Of course they don't - once upon a time they gave months, and look how that turned out. Hell, they've even given up on specifying seasons because they couldn't hit that small a target.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of how Jason spawns, I had an idea for those of us that use the random Jason preference. Would it be possible to increase the odds of spawning as the right Jason on his map? 

I would also like to see savini added to the random list, I don't understand why he wouldn't be...

And our bloody skins don't show up when we set it to random, but I'm sure everyone has figured that out.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:14 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

Sooner or later they are going to release content for counselors but remember that this is F13 and the game centers around Jason so the content being Jason focused should not come at a surprise.

Being Jason focused is really not the problem anyways.

It's just the type of content being presented that's not giving the necessary hype.

Ofcours it will be on April the 13th the first friday the 13th in the year and on july 13th the second friday the 13 in the year are we going to get something new. I hope this update will be great becuse this is the best game ever and and friday the 13th movies are the best. Keep up the good work 

• Confused 1

There is no release date @Steven, it would be cool but don't let your excitement lead you to spreading misinformation. 

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

34 minutes ago, mrAlB_451 said:

All I wanna know is when do we get the grendel map and Jason x update? 

When Shifty says so! That'll be sometime after the current update coming some time in April.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRENDEL UPDATE

A long time into the future,

In a galaxy not so far away.......

An Evil menacing force named Jason strikes back! (Using force grab a lot!)

*Dun dun dun, der dee dun, der dee dun, Do do do der dee do, do de-do*

• Like 1

Haha. The next problem will be that when people lag out as jason or when someone rage quits. They will lose tickets and be upset. I like the way it was already. Random. Not like mapped out. Can someone tell me why they need this. I mean I know some players get jason multiple times in one session and sometimes others dont get jason at all. But that's the beauty of random. Its all by chance. Or at least dont inform us that you are doing that. I mean it's going to cause issues.. can't complain thought. You guys cant make everyone happy. Thanks for everything.

@ShiftySamurai

Ticket system for QP?

I rarely get picked as Jason.

1 time out of 10 to 20 matches.

The host quits on me or crashes to the Xbox home screen 75% of the time.

I message and thank the host now when they allow me to complete a game as Jason.

Now a ticket system will be set in place that could take longer to get my last 2 achievements.

500 matches as Jason (95% after 960 hours played) and 1,000 matches as Jason needed for 100% on Xbox One.

Without dedicated servers I really don't care what system is used to pick Jason.

The host holds the power to end the match and make you lose a ticket. :lol:

njmP1S.gif

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Each time they’ve played Jason, tickets are subtracted, to reduce the chance of a single player being selected in back to back rounds, even when switching lobbies. An exception would be if that player switched to a lobby with players who have all indicated a preference for playing Counselors

I am all for some changes, but a couple of quick questions/concerns. Really only one, would this not encourage players to drop out of a match if they are not playing as Jason, and have their selection for preference as Jason?

From what I understand, I would still retain all my "tickets" for the next lobby, and there would be no negative impact to myself for leaving lobby after lobby until I am Jason.