just a question to someone that knows game development being the engine upgrade is making the timetable uncertain how long does it usually take to do this task out of curiosity 

13 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

OK.. I think this is going to be.. Well... Interesting, to say the least.

So these tickets are supposedly going to stop players from being picked as Jason over and over again.. Right?

Thats how I see it, I just.. Hope it works tbh.

"WhoisFiVe?" at the end of the tralier, plus. The blue chevron hockey mask..

And their was an official tralier announcing Roy and Pinehurst..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MczKDqmonths 

So, yeah.. They had been teasing Roy for the past 7 months before he was official announced, via the link provided.

Roy came out a week after his official tease, whoisV never said it was going to be Roy and that hashtag was part of the paranoia gamemode teaser yet another thing teased waaaaay to soon,  Roy was most likely part of pparanoia and when paranoia got tabled they just threw Roy in as a regular Jason not changing anything game mechanics wise. But when Roy and Pinehurst teaser dropped they both were out within a week! Uber and Grendel was teased when vc 2.0 dropped mid December and we haven't got any other mention at all from devs since, thanks for helping prove my complaint, Roy was officially teased mere days before release, Uber and Grendel not so much. Sorry the flashing mask that looked more like part 8s mask and hashtag whoisV does not constitute an official teaser for a playable Roy burns and Pinehurst map, however the tease of Uber Jason and Grendel map "coming soon" does constitute content coming soon, not several months later. That was just sloppy and ill conceived to say coming soon with no intention of actually releasing soon after

@ShiftySamurai

Thanks for the update and making a strong effort to respond to questions and concerns to the best of your ability. Much respect to you for the way you hold yourself against the often very harsh community.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

@uberXJoshua it's pretty obvious that the hashtag was a tease for Roy as well as the blue hockey mask, yes. He wasn't official announced until a week before he was released. But he had been speculated and rumoured for months about his inclusion in the game.

So, yeah. He was technically teased for several months ago.

Gun\Illfonic has always used "Coming soon" in every announcement (apart from Roy).

They can't always give a date on when new content is being released, if they did give a date. And had to delay the content, then. The player base would be unhappy and have a tantrum over it.

It's better to say coming soon, because. It gives illfonic more time to develop and look over the content, making sure its perfect. Than to just rush it to try to met a deadline they set and it being bug ridden and broken.

They'll release the content once their happy with it, just be paitence and wait.

• Like 1

Instead of fixing things that aren't broken, fix things that are... Bullying of Jason making him Scary again. And fix the pocket knives again. More and more keep popping up. Bugs with the cars and the survivor's getting stuck , unable to pick up weapons

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Roy came out a week after his official tease, whoisV never said it was going to be Roy and that hashtag was part of the paranoia gamemode teaser yet another thing teased waaaaay to soon,  Roy was most likely part of pparanoia and when paranoia got tabled they just threw Roy in as a regular Jason not changing anything game mechanics wise. But when Roy and Pinehurst teaser dropped they both were out within a week! Uber and Grendel was teased when vc 2.0 dropped mid December and we haven't got any other mention at all from devs since, thanks for helping prove my complaint, Roy was officially teased mere days before release, Uber and Grendel not so much. Sorry the flashing mask that looked more like part 8s mask and hashtag whoisV does not constitute an official teaser for a playable Roy burns and Pinehurst map, however the tease of Uber Jason and Grendel map "coming soon" does constitute content coming soon, not several months later. That was just sloppy and ill conceived to say coming soon with no intention of actually releasing soon after

hey i get your gripe about don't advertise anything if its not completely ready but be patient its coming 

2 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

"WhoisFiVe?" at the end of the tralier, plus. The blue chevron hockey mask..

And their was an official tralier announcing Roy and Pinehurst..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MczKDqmonths 

So, yeah.. They had been teasing Roy for the past 7 months before he was official announced, via the link provided.

Now that’s just bad logic. Did you think the monsters in the R6S thing were coming to quick play after the trailer (just saying that because it happened recently). I don't think ANYBODY was expecting Roy in the regular game after that teaser (until maybe after Paranoia’s delay, can’t remember if the announcement was before Roy). Also, although some might’ve speculated it, Pinehurst was NEVER teased until the actual announcement. 

The Jason selection algorithm should include a ping filter, which players with high ping are not selected to be a Jason.

For example, I wanted to play as a Jason, clicked a Quick Play button and moved to a lobby. Then, I realized that my ping was high like over 200ms. Although I'm a PS4 player in Japan, actually I often join in a lobby which my ping is over 200ms. In the case, I really don't want to play as a Jason, though I still want to play as a counselor. Jason needs to get close to a counselor to kill them. Such close combat, shifting, grabbing etc. are way too affected by high ping. If I was a counselor with high ping, I may be able to survive. So I only want to play as a counselor. However, my spawn preference is Jason. As you know, I can't to change my spawn preference in a lobby. Then, how should I do? I better leave soon or I better leave once I become a Jason?
That's why the selection algorithm should include a ping filter. When a player got high ping but their spawn preference was Jason or anything, they should not be selected to be a Jason, is my opinion.

While you’re updating, can you add some “patience” and “understanding” buffs for some of the members here?

If you add everything they’ve teased so far, we now have weapon swapping, legendary perks, Roy’s coverall change, single player challenges, and now an improved Jason spawn system.

Not to mention the engine update itself, which will not only make the game run smoother and solve several issues, but is a critical — no, required — step to getting to the dedicated servers. 

When you add it all up, that’s a sizable update,  and we haven’t had the Part 5 DLC and Jason buffs for very long. So I wish some of you guys would have a little perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Now that’s just bad logic. Did you think the monsters in the R6S thing were coming to quick play after the trailer (just saying that because it happened recently). I don't think ANYBODY was expecting Roy in the regular game after that teaser (until maybe after Paranoia’s delay, can’t remember if the announcement was before Roy). Also, although some might’ve speculated it, Pinehurst was NEVER teased until the actual announcement. 

Like I said before, it was pretty obvious to tell that the Paranoia tralier teased Roy. The blue chevron hockey mask that was shown during the tralier and the hashtag "WhoisFiVe". Which, is clearly a reference to part 5s "A new beginning".

So, yeah. He was technical teased several months ago, but wasn't announced until January. But after the paranoia tralier, it was obvious that Roy was going to be part of the game either exclusively in paranoia or as a Jason to use in the normal multiplayer mode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Ticket replenishment is time based (around 30 mins to an hour) and is tied to your account

Does replenishment happen on a ticket by ticket basis, or do they all replenish at once?

I'm assuming it's the former, otherwise every 2nd-3rd game would have everybody boosted back to full. Just looking for clarification. 

The ticket system should only happen when we get dedicated servers. If it is implemented now, you can easily waste the ticket due to host disconnecting or just playing a round as Jason with a bunch of bad pings. It's not worth it.

10 hours ago, kitcat said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fake any excitement about the "Only for Jason players" update. First Roy clothes and now this. Seriously?

I can't stand the fact that a BIG UPDATE like that will not have a new map or counselor or even a silly clothing pack. Cmon, do you want my money or not??? This is a fucking joke.  

You. Know. What. The. Majority. Of. The. Players. Want.

Speak for yourself, I'd rather the game continue to get more balance before new material gets dropped. Jason has no way to deal with mobs currently, and his HP is too weak (Tommy Jarvis/Buggzy can one hit the mask off with some perks, and even Jenny can rip the mask off with four vertical power hits using a machete). Also, console players like myself are looking forward to the game engine update so that the dedicated servers can come next.

11 hours ago, Truth said:

Interesting... I don't really recall too much complaining about how Jason currently spawns, but if you guys think this will work better then I'm all for it.

Just out of curiosity, what made you guys decide to make this change?

This. Tinkering with the nuances of preference is no way, shape, or form a priority for fans right now. This conversation has been beat to death while other game-breaking issues and long overdue additions are not being addressed.

We’ve been playing with bats, wrenches, and pot and pan sets for a year now. How about some new weapons? More repair items for new ways to escape? More environmental items to interact with as both Jason and the counselors? These are the things fans want. The spawn preference is a non-issue. 

• Like 1

From Launch up to December I've found a a bug or workaround to almost always being Jason.

Seems it was patched out but the current system still sucks.

My friend brings his ps4 over and we play online and he is chose every two to 3 matches.  After 3 hrs play Instill wasn't chosen and it went back to him.

My pref Jason, His pref Counselor

2 questions. If these were already answered and I missed them because I'm skimming through the article before work, my bad. 

1 if one player has more tickets than every other player are they automatically Jason?

2 is there a cap to how many tickets you can have? 

17 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We're having discussions about the possibility of a new roadmap.

This would be most helpful and I think warranted since a lot of posters here reference it as to some type of bible. Update your congregation on your new scriptures!!

19 minutes ago, Kevin Universe said:

I hope all these things are going to be released Friday, April 13th. That would be the perfect date for this humungous update. 

I'm sure that's what they're hoping for, but they've repeatedly said they had no intentions of releasing it that day.

@kitcat I feel the same as but don't have the guts to say it in quite the same way. Well that's partly because I only really like playing the counsellors. It does make sense to roll out as much content for the same group of players in one update and although its small, I'm still all for improving the games system even if I don't find it that exciting. Hopefully this doesn't have an adverse affect for those that want to play Jason all the time. Is it possible you could run out of tickets? I don't think we want to see this sort of situation...

21 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We're having discussions about the possibility of a new roadmap.

That's great news! Excuse the pun, but we have been at a crossroads on the forum with how the last roadmap went/is going with people presuming one thing or assuming another. I'm all for having another one just so we get an idea of what to expect further down the line this year. Myself included, most people want a select group of new counsellors that are popular on the thread, more dlc like clothing appears all the time etc, so having a glimpse will put a few minds at rest should you bring another roadmap out.