Hello slashers, today let’s talk about changes coming to how Jason is selected in Quick Play matches of Friday the 13th: The Game.

With the next update we will be introducing a behind-the-scenes ticket system that improves the selection process governing which player is selected to be Jason. Players who have marked Jason as their spawn preference are given a surplus of tickets. Each time they’ve played Jason, tickets are subtracted, to reduce the chance of a single player being selected in back to back rounds, even when switching lobbies. An exception would be if that player switched to a lobby with players who have all indicated a preference for playing Counselors.

Counselors - in the event that everyone in the lobby has their preference set to Counselor, one of you will still be selected to play as Jason.

What happens if two players have the exact same amount of tickets, and neither have played Jason lately? The system will randomly select a ticket, and the owner of that ticket will be selected as Jason for the round.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Very nice👌 I'm happy that you guys keep informing us on what the update will have. Do you know what the exact date when it will drop?

If it works, this should be a good change. Altho as we saw at launch, preferences really didn’t seem to matter. 

• Like 1

I like this. And I like the steady stream of teasings and updates.

Interesting... I don't really recall too much complaining about how Jason currently spawns, but if you guys think this will work better then I'm all for it.

Just out of curiosity, what made you guys decide to make this change?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I like this. And I like the steady stream of teasings and updates.

"Steady Stream Of Teasings" could be the title of a biography of my early adolescence.

I'll be interested to see how this new change plays out. I know there has been intermittent frustration over Jason selection.

• Haha 3

I have a feeling this update isn’t coming out for a long...long time.

For the first few weeks week got big news, now we get changes we probably wouldn’t have even noticed when we get the update.

• Like 1

Is the current way essentially a dice roll for each member that joins the lobby, then store the count in an array? Is that why Jason preference had little to do with actually playing him?

@Truth i think a lot of people used to complain about rarely getting selected to play as Jason, and when they do they run into connection and host quitting issues. Sometimes QP players can go days without playing a whole game as Jason. I will never forget the infamous @DamonD7 Jason Drought of 2017. 

23 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello slashers, today let’s talk about changes coming to how Jason is selected in Quick Play matches of Friday the 13th: The Game.

With the next update we will be introducing a behind-the-scenes ticket system that improves the selection process governing which player is selected to be Jason. Players who have marked Jason as their spawn preference are given a surplus of tickets. Each time they’ve played Jason, tickets are subtracted, to reduce the chance of a single player being selected in back to back rounds, even when switching lobbies. An exception would be if that player switched to a lobby with players who have all indicated a preference for playing Counselors.

Counselors - in the event that everyone in the lobby has their preference set to Counselor, one of you will still be selected to play as Jason.

What happens if two players have the exact same amount of tickets, and neither have played Jason lately? The system will randomly select a ticket, and the owner of that ticket will be selected as Jason for the round.

When are these tickets granted/replenished?  Is it when the game boots up (since you specifically mentioned changing lobbies not effecting Jason picking chance)?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

i think a lot of people used to complain about rarely getting selected to play as Jason, and when they do they run into connection and host quitting issues. Sometimes QP players can go days without playing a whole game as Jason. I will never forget the infamous

Well that was before the patch that made it so counselor preference players wouldn't get Jason. I thought that patch pretty much eliminated the issue. I have mine set to Jason and I get him like every 3-4 matches in quick play.

That's another thing, why is this only for quick play...? Just because Jason can be chosen in private matches?

Cool. Would still be nice to implement a Dead By Daylight system where you pick one or the other. 

36 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

No much difference then now but i wanna see how you guys have work on face animation and characters design with the new graphics change and will the game run at higher FPS on consoles.

30 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

I have a feeling this update isn’t coming out for a long...long time.

For the first few weeks week got big news, now we get changes we probably wouldn’t have even noticed when we get the update.

Yea and they put out a trailer in October for paranoia then several months later announce it's on hold indefinitely then in December they tease Uber Jason and Grendel as coming soon then 3 weeks later say all new content is indefinitely delayed, so to save face they what? Finally drop so challenges or is it gonna be sp challenges demo? Weapon swapping? And s green Roy outfit and now ppl who like being Jason can't even change rooms to reset their chances of being selected? Jesus Christ how much patience do they expect people to have, paranoia should've taught them not to say something's coming soon unless it was actually for sure coming soon but nope they turned around and did it again with Uber Jason and Grendel, unless they actually consider half a year as soon in video game standards. Let the hate fly at me I don't care anymore, they should've never teased paranoia or the Uber Jason and Grendel stuff if they had no intention of actually releasing it anytime soon thereafter. They didn't tease Roy or Pinehurst at all but it dropped before Uber and Grendel which were teased as reward for completing virtual cabin 2.0..so yea there's my venting for the day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

When are these tickets granted/replenished?  Is it when the game boots up (since you specifically mentioned changing lobbies not effecting Jason picking chance)?

Ticket replenishment is time based (around 30 mins to an hour) and is tied to your account

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's another thing, why is this only for quick play...? Just because Jason can be chosen in private matches?

This system affects private matches too

32 minutes ago, Truth said:

Just out of curiosity, what made you guys decide to make this change?

These changes were planned improvements for the new preference system we added in the December patch

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Ticket replenishment is time based (around 30 mins to an hour) and is tied to your account

This system affects private matches too

These changes were planned improvements for the new preference system we added in the December patch

Thanks for clarifying. I assumed that December patch would be it. The complaints seemed to die down after that. The idea makes sense, I just never really had a problem with the current system.

27 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

So exciting

tumblr_omqcnxqIxV1vt16f2o1_500.gif

Couldn't agree more with this, where is updated info on the real content, Uber Jason and Grendel!! This Jason selection "news" just seems like filler crap so they can say they kept their word and teased new stuff every week while we waited over 2 months for a new patch. They still haven't stated if sp challenges is going to be full version or if we are getting sp challenges demo first, like their roadmap stated

• Like 6

Sounds like a step forward.

Anyone want to actually go on the record as to how Jason selection currently works? I'm sure all of us who have noted the statistically improbable correlation between last-to-join-the-lobby and Jason selection would be amused to hear it.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fake any excitement about the "Only for Jason players" update. First Roy clothes and now this. Seriously?

I can't stand the fact that a BIG UPDATE like that will not have a new map or counselor or even a silly clothing pack. Cmon, do you want my money or not??? This is a fucking joke.  

You. Know. What. The. Majority. Of. The. Players. Want. 

VW6Em.gif

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@[IllFonic]Courier What about Part 7?

We want him with his stats changed too!

he really does not need stats change just don't relie on shift so much and @kitcat legendary perks thats not pro jason 

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

@kitcat legendary perks thats not pro jason 

And that's all for counselors. Btw, 80% of the perks are stupid, so... 

• Like 1