tyrant666

Empty Drawer Simulation...What's the solution?

21 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm fine with it. The desperation of not finding items leads to a dread this game needs. It's bad news when you're in your second cabin, you've found nothing of use and Jason music pipes up. 

Sometimes you just win the shit lottery, and need to rely on your wits to survive. 

What this guy said.

Also I like the idea of jumpscare items

i actually think that the empty drawyers are good. Its a survival game you are supposed to search for ways to survive and not get them handed in every house you enter. That entire false sense of security has a purpose, so you dont camp out in one house and spread out through the area.

They way i see this people just want it too easy.

As for maps: every map has one or more i would say "central" posts where there are always maps just memorize them and head there if you desperately need one. As for walkie talkies - most lobbys are cancer anyways and i personally always mute hal;f the people because their yapping 24/7 just gives you away if jason is nearby.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2018 at 5:27 PM, HateMe said:

i actually think that the empty drawyers are good. Its a survival game you are supposed to search for ways to survive and not get them handed in every house you enter. That entire false sense of security has a purpose, so you dont camp out in one house and spread out through the area.

They way i see this people just want it too easy.

As for maps: every map has one or more i would say "central" posts where there are always maps just memorize them and head there if you desperately need one. As for walkie talkies - most lobbys are cancer anyways and i personally always mute hal;f the people because their yapping 24/7 just gives you away if jason is nearby.

But there should still be some variety in items, It gets boring when you search and always find the following: Map,Walkie-Talkie,Firecracker,Med Spray,Pocket Knife (Normal Items, I'm not counting Fuse and Keys)

The empty drawers definitely make things more tense. I wouldn't want to see too much of an item increase.

I do think if new things were added, they should be NEW items, perhaps with very minor advantages. I love the idea of jump scares in drawers too. How about a snake in one? That's always a good scare!

It's quite hard to think of good, Friday the 13thish minor items though that wouldn't mess up the balance!

The game needs more items. It’s getting boring searching 3 cabins for a medspray. Doesn’t need to be a lot. 

3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The game needs more items. It’s getting boring searching 3 cabins for a medspray. Doesn’t need to be a lot. 

If you're getting bored looking for health spray, don't look for it. Problem solved. 

It'll also make the game more tense because you can't afford to get slashed or run your ass over every broken window you come across. Now you're even less bored. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

If you're getting bored looking for health spray, don't look for it. Problem solved. 

It'll also make the game more tense because you can't afford to get slashed or run your ass over every broken window you come across. Now you're even less bored. 

Gee thanks! Because everyone loves going to 3 cabins and only getting a map, glad not getting anything makes the game more tense. 

27 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Gee thanks! Because everyone loves going to 3 cabins and only getting a map, glad not getting anything makes the game more tense. 

I don't even get the damn map as I have the perk that gives you one from the start!

There are a few solutions, but the simplest one I can think of is as follows -

Remove keys and fuse as drawer items. Because they are the only reason you would search drawers if you either had no need or no inclination to find other items. Keys and fuse could be placed in certain areas like the other obj items, or even like the med sprays found in bathrooms. Players who are after pocket knife or firecrackers could then loot if they wanted to, but it would no longer be a necessary function. Cutting down on the amount of drawers would be the sensible next step for this change.

Regarding map and walkie - Either make counselors start with both map and walkie, or just walkie since there is a map stand available. This would encourage people to stay in game chat rather than party chat, and encourage teamwork for the newbies. People can go on about the survival aspect all they like, but not starting with communication readily available simply encourages party chat rather than the built in system. The walkie perk is a waste of a useful slot.

666 likes \m/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

While I bet many don't love it, it does make things more tense. A counselor with a pocket knife and first aid is in a lot less danger than one without those things. Some games you'll find stuff, others you won't. The system works as intended.

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

There are a few solutions, but the simplest one I can think of is as follows -

Remove keys and fuse as drawer items. Because they are the only reason you would search drawers if you either had no need or no inclination to find other items. Keys and fuse could be placed in certain areas like the other obj items, or even like the med sprays found in bathrooms. Players who are after pocket knife or firecrackers could then loot if they wanted to, but it would no longer be a necessary function.

Regarding map and walkie - Either make counselors start with both map and walkie, or just walkie since there is a map stand available. This would encourage people to stay in game chat rather than party chat, and encourage teamwork for the newbies.

666 likes \m/

I think the fuse and keys not being drawer items is an interesting concept. As noted, not everybody likes looting, so this would make it optional. 

However counselors shouldn't start with a map and walkie. Particularly before the item decals on the maps, not having a walkie could mean the difference between knowing where a part was or not. That knowledge could make or break your game. Drama comes from the unknown. Starting with maps and walkies sucks the drama out of the experience. What next, begin with the icons for parts appearing on the map?  If people want to cheat the system and play in party chat, they are going to make an excuse to do that anyway. 

Also look at it via private matches vs QP. In private you're not going to have some people in party and others in game chat. It's less an immersion factor in QP where many don't talk anyhow, but it would greatly alter games where the counselors do communicate. 

36 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

However counselors shouldn't start with a map and walkie. Particularly before the item decals on the maps, not having a walkie could mean the difference between knowing where a part was or not. That knowledge could make or break your game. Drama comes from the unknown. Starting with maps and walkies sucks the drama out of the experience. What next, begin with the icons for parts appearing on the map?  If people want to cheat the system and play in party chat, they are going to make an excuse to do that anyway. 

Also look at it via private matches vs QP. In private you're not going to have some people in party and others in game chat. It's less an immersion factor in QP where many don't talk anyhow, but it would greatly alter games where the counselors do communicate. 

Starting with at least the walkie would cut down on the amount of drawer looting, and given that communication is an integral part of the game, it really doesn't make sense for walkie to be a lootable item. Immersion / drama are irrelevant, they are only temporary for the players that stick. For the casuals, you can attribute lack of readily available communication as a reason why they don't stick. Simply having communication doesn't equal success in match, but not having it is certainly a detriment to gameplay and enjoyment. Unless someone thinks that looting an entire sector and not finding the means to talk to another player is "fun". Hence you have majority in party chat defeating the purpose of the whole built-in system.

3 words - new player experience. Something this game is terrible at providing.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:08 PM, SmugDoka said:

Things that are rather useless could be remade as well, Like the tree branch or the Plank, 

For example: You need to find Some Nails,Hammer and the Plank and you can put a little extra defense on the Door or create a Better weapon with nails.

The Tree Branch could be lit up with the fire places or Camp Fires, They can be used as Weapons to slightly show Jason more for a few secs

Those are for weapons, Now new Items could be spawned in the Drawers

For Example:

1. Matches - Used to light up Darker Places or As a Light Distraction for Jason

2. Cleaning Cloth - Can be used to clean the windows from Shards of Glasses, One Use only.

3. Gauze Rolls - Can stop limping for a limited time, Consumed on Use, One Use Only

4. Extra Keys (These items could be a special spawn for Jarvis House,Pinehurst,Pack and Higgins, As they all have places which can only be opened from one side) - Used to open the inner doors from the outside

5. Random Makeup - Can be used to Counter Jason's Sense for One Time, Using Makeup disguises you as someone else (Possibly Pam?), One use only, Works only for the one time it is used or the Second option would be Using it to clean your self up, Gaining a very small boost in Composure.

6. Batteries - Makes the Flash Light Shine better, This is better for counselors who want to see better without turning their gamma up, One time use, Lasts for 5-10 seconds.

7. Small Utility tools (Like the pocket knife things) - Can be Used to Disarm Jason's Traps (An Alternative to Pocket Knives) 

That was for the Drawers, Now some things for outside.

1. Bigger Med Kits - Healing Increased, Does not get wasted on first use.

2. Wrenches for Cars And Electrical Boxes - Makes it easier to Fix the Car and Electrical Box (-1 QTE Pie), Consumed after 1-2 Uses. (Has a Different look than the wrenches we have, I don't know the exact name of these, But my dad has a few and they don't look anything like the wrench in game)

3. Scarecrow - An Item which can be used by both Jason and Counselor, Can be used By Counselors to Distract Jason, Can be Used by Jason to Scare the shit out of Counselors, One time use only, Afterwards it Just stays there and has no more effects.

4. Rope Trap - A trap which causes the Counselors or Jason to Collapse, Can be used by Both Counselors and Jason (For Jason He gets one free rope trap at his Shed), One time Use.

5. Hang Man's Noose - A Noose which Can be Used by Counselors to Stun Jason for a Few Seconds, You would need to get it on Jason first (Could either be a QTE Or an Aim Like the Shot/Flare Gun)

6. Beer Bottles - Can be Used to Throw At Jason, It doesn't really do Much But has a very low chance to stun him for 0.5 Seconds (5% Chance to actually work), Only used as a Last Resort.

7. Bed Cloth or Left over Cloth/Clothes - Can be Used to Blind Jason for a Bit(1 Sec normal, 3-5 Sec for Minus Stun Jason), Jason Can Kill Counselors with the Cloth as well (Special Kill, He Suffocates them with the Cloth by Pulling it over their Heads and Twists their necks afterwards).

That's all I got

LOL! Anything else you want to buff the counselors ? How about and invincible mode where Jason can’t even touch you without falling over? So basically you want to escape 99.9% of the time with ease... nope the game is better with less weapons, it should be left alone, if anything reduce them more there are still to many med sprays and you want more hahahah! , , this is Jason’s game counselors are supposed to get slaughtered , go watch a movie (if you are old enough)1 or 2 people max survive.

1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

LOL! So basically you want to escape 99.9% of the time with ease... nope the game is better with less weapons, it should be left alone, if anything reduce them more there are still to many med sprays and you want more hahahah! , , this is Jason’s game counselors are supposed to get slaughtered , go watch a movie 

You know what, This is why Posting anything is a bad Idea

And No it's not Jason's Game like you fanboys want, THE GAME HAS ESCAPE ROUTES FOR A REASON!

Also with your logic of "Go watch a movie  "hurr duur" No one but a single person should be able to even escape, Which would make no one play the game

Reducing the already available items would cause even more of an Outrage, And also, I'm sorry that you can't read, But a few of the items there can also be used by Jason to his Advantage

Might as well Remove everything that lets the counselors escape and throw them in Jason's shack and watch as Jason just slaughters them one by one, You know I'm trying to be polite or I would of have called you out on your "logic"  a while ago.

Also in the Movies The Counselors were not near a Campfire and Rob  didn't die every single in Every Single Movie, There would only be 1/2 People surviving and Jason wasn't knocking down every door that there is, He was being stealthy and Killing the counselors without others knowing that everyone was dying, Enjoy your flawed Logic, Jason Fan boy who wants to make the Game easier for Jason.

You pretty much contradicted your self, You say that Counselors are still Too Strong when they have already been nerfed, That means that A. Either you are pretty bad at Jason And need to make this game be your playground Or B. You need some medical attention

Goodbye and enjoy playing with your Flawed Logic.

Sincerely Smug.

Hahahah I’m a 150 level  kickstart backer, I  clean lobbies 95% of the time, and yes it is Jason’s game , as the devs say, your list is to be laughed at which is why nobody else responded to you, I couldn’t help myself.... such stupidity, I’ll ignore you now.

7 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Hahahah I’m a 150 level  kickstart backer, I  clean lobbies 95% of the time, and yes it is Jason’s game , as the devs say, your list is to be laughed at which is why nobody else responded to you, I couldn’t help myself.... such stupidity, I’ll ignore you now.

Wow yes spread your ego! SPREAD IT LIKE YOU'RE A BIRD!

So what if you are level 150 and clean 95% of Lobbies? Do you want an Award

And no it isn't only Jason's Game, It is both the Counselor's and Jason's Game, That is where there is a chance to escape

Also insulting me and my list while I tried to stay as civil and non insulting as Possible is a rather immature Move, I'm sorry that you get so triggered about something.

I shall ignore you as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Make all item spawns 100% random and unpredictable.

But there aren't enough items to Do that right now

I mean you can't have a propeller without there being a boat.

8 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Starting with at least the walkie would cut down on the amount of drawer looting, and given that communication is an integral part of the game, it really doesn't make sense for walkie to be a lootable item. Immersion / drama are irrelevant, they are only temporary for the players that stick. For the casuals, you can attribute lack of readily available communication as a reason why they don't stick. Simply having communication doesn't equal success in match, but not having it is certainly a detriment to gameplay and enjoyment. Unless someone thinks that looting an entire sector and not finding the means to talk to another player is "fun". Hence you have majority in party chat defeating the purpose of the whole built-in system.

3 words - new player experience. Something this game is terrible at providing.

As I said before, you're going to have people gaming the system and using party chat anyhow. 

Another reason to not do it is because Gun spent a lot of time and resources into providing proximity chat. They specifically wanted people to not always have communication and to be concerned over that. Fear of the unknown and that shtick . Gun can't disable party chat as the system takes priority to their game, but I wonder if they could set it up where party chat disables XP and CP gain. That might be incentive to keep people honest. 

I agree that learning the game is trial and error and hard on a new guy. While I could say that people can research, they probably shouldn't have to. A better "How to play" would work wonders and they wouldn't have to fuck up gameplay itself. 

2 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

But there aren't enough items to Do that right now

I mean you can't have a propeller without there being a boat.

What I mean is to have the car battery spawn in other spots that are not predictable.

6 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

What I mean is to have the car battery spawn in other spots that are not predictable.

Oh, Like Somewhere in The Woods or something like that?

Maybe Outside of the cabin, Near the campfires etc?

8 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Oh, Like Somewhere in The Woods or something like that?

Maybe Outside of the cabin, Near the campfires etc?

Yep, makes the escape more challenging as a counselor. Jarvis gets this partially right.

Just now, Redcat345 said:

Yep, makes the escape more challenging as a counselor. Jarvis gets this partially right.

Yeah Things in Jarvis can spawn as far as the two islands

On 3/17/2018 at 6:29 PM, SmugDoka said:

But there should still be some variety in items, It gets boring when you search and always find the following: Map,Walkie-Talkie,Firecracker,Med Spray,Pocket Knife (Normal Items, I'm not counting Fuse and Keys)

No it doesnt, honestly the ONLY problem i have with the drawyers is that in 1 house you can have 3 maps and 2 walkie talkies. They need to evenly spread them out through the map so its not all piled up in one spot. Same with the weapons currently. It hap[pens that a single house has 4-5 weapons and the next 3-4 houses are empty.

I would not mind to remove the flashlight and let it be one of the searched items, would make it a bit more interesting other than that its all fine as is.

4 hours ago, HateMe said:

No it doesnt, honestly the ONLY problem i have with the drawyers is that in 1 house you can have 3 maps and 2 walkie talkies. They need to evenly spread them out through the map so its not all piled up in one spot. Same with the weapons currently. It hap[pens that a single house has 4-5 weapons and the next 3-4 houses are empty.

I would not mind to remove the flashlight and let it be one of the searched items, would make it a bit more interesting other than that its all fine as is.

Uh my Variety in items had both of those Meanings

A. Add New items or B. Spread the current items.

Sorry if I don't word everything properly.

I think if anything else is to be added here are my idea's.

1. A single door shed randomly spawns on the map and is not visible on the actual map and it has the fuse in it. It is locked and only a shed key can open the door and the key spawns randomly on the map as well. This makes it so the cop escape can't happen within the first 2 minutes of the match.

2. Have flashlights be found rather than having from the start.

3. To give drawers a little more reason to look through, add more collectible items like newspaper clippings from the films, several items from each film that can be viewed in a collectible section in the menu like, Andy's yo-yo, Reggie's Spider, Jimbo's hat etc.. and they can even be several items as a set for each film and when you complete the set there is a reward of some kind.

Just a few ideas