Sign in to follow this  
PrincessTiffany

Let's talk about bear traps.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I've even seen counselors trap the radio that's on.

Oh!! I'm gonna do that.

I like bringing a second trap into a cabin and setting one up outside the door, and one inside (especially those one room death-boxes). After a Jason player steps in the one outside and breaks down the door, they almost always unsuspectingly step in the one inside too, thinking they've already encountered the "one trap in this area". It's kinda funny how often it works.

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

And lock the damn door, don't know how many times I've gone through a cabin door and been caught in a trap with no medspray.

I also can't count how many times I've run along the front of a cabin being chased and stepped in some idiots trap when it's outside the door. 

The trap can be set in the door jam so that it can't be stepped on from inside or outside with the door shut and Jason can't side step it. The only way past it is to shift. If he does that in a 1 door cabin, he either has to step in it to get out or wait for his shift to cool down.

1. Don't hug the wall when you're running around a cabin's perimeter. If you're not watching your step that's your own fault.

2. If it's outside the door then he's required to step in it if he wants to break it down. It's more important to slow Jason down before he gets in the cabin because once he's inside he could kill you before you can get outside

I trap the fuse box, we're already looking there and we can disarm. Then, Jason can't trap there. Cars too, I'm a real BITCH when I'm using Tiff! Lol

It goes outside. First, he sees it and has to consider whether to step in it or not break down the door. Second, once he's trapped you get free damage on him through the door - demasking before he can mash out is common. Third, you cannot engage in door combat if there's a fucking trap inside. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Second, once he's trapped you get free damage on him through the door - demasking before he can mash out is common.

Haven't considered that.  Thanks,  I'll think I'll start applying this on specific cabins I run for cover.

1. It's safer to stay indoors incase Jason is stalking nearby and you could be stuck in an animation with 0 defense if he shifts to you.

2. It's easier to see a shiny metal bear trap on wood than it is in a dark night on the ground.

3. Counselors have no reason to go to a door unless it's unlocked when inside the house, outside the house counselors could be running to get to the next window or running Jason around the building and get trapped by it.

4. Jason walking through the door and getting stuck by a beartrap animation gives counselors more time to go through windows and get out and adds 2 barriers to get through than one.

I don't think it makes much of a difference if you trap inside or out. All you have to do with Jason (besides J6 and Savini) is sideways swipe at the door in combat stance. Some houses have shit off to the side of the door that might fuck it up, but people barely trap anymore, let alone trap outside the door, which I haven't seen in awhile. 

The most important thing to know about bear traps is that the spelling of "bear" is terrible and it should be B-A-I-R. "Bear" is ear with a 'b'. So either we start pronouncing it "beer" or change it to b-a-i-r.
This English language is so stupid. 

5 hours ago, Chetork said:

1. It's safer to stay indoors incase Jason is stalking nearby and you could be stuck in an animation with 0 defense if he shifts to you.

2. It's easier to see a shiny metal bear trap on wood than it is in a dark night on the ground.

3. Counselors have no reason to go to a door unless it's unlocked when inside the house, outside the house counselors could be running to get to the next window or running Jason around the building and get trapped by it.

4. Jason walking through the door and getting stuck by a beartrap animation gives counselors more time to go through windows and get out and adds 2 barriers to get through than one.

You said everything so perfectly. Some people on here, really do need to improve their game. The players on QP has no brain.

7 hours ago, Chetork said:

Counselors have no reason to go to a door unless it's unlocked when inside the house, 

Hilariously wrong. Earlier tonight, I demasked a Part 4 during the first minute or two of the game...with a machete, as Vanessa, through a door. Set your traps wherever you like, but if I find it blocking the door, it's getting disarmed.

I always place mine inside and directly infront of the door. What we should be talking about, is the fucking imbeciles who place them inside, and directly below a fucking window. Welcome to Friday The 13th: The Game - Quick Play.

11 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I trap the fuse box, we're already looking there and we can disarm. Then, Jason can't trap there. Cars too, I'm a real BITCH when I'm using Tiff! Lol

That should be considered an exploit because the traps cannot be moved by Jason.

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe. I've only ever done that to excessive douchebag, trash talking Jason's in QP last summer. I wouldn't do that in private, but in QP against some toxic jerks I have.

26 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

That should be considered an exploit because the traps cannot be moved by Jason.

People want to consider everything an exploit.  If you are fast enough to find a trap, find the box, set your trap, and get out before Jason gets there you deserve to cock block his traps from being set there.  It is a huge risk to do it, so there should be a reward.  Exploit.....    I swear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is really no definitively right or wrong place to set a trap. If everyone decides to put them in the same place then it's not a trap it's an obstacle. 

When I was a kid I used to trap coyotes and Bobcats with my uncle and he taught me that you have to be creative and put them where they're not expected. Sometimes we would set a trap in an obvious location that the animal would see with what he called a blind trap near it. The animal would see the first one and the get caught in the blind trap when they turned to leave.

Anywhere you catch what your going after is the right place to set a trap.

9 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

People want to consider everything an exploit.  If you are fast enough to find a trap, find the box, set your trap, and get out before Jason gets there you deserve to cock block his traps from being set there.  It is a huge risk to do it, so there should be a reward.  Exploit.....    I swear.

Because it creates one way gameplay that is not fair to the Jason player.

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Because it creates one way gameplay that is not fair to the Jason player.

It isn't fair?  He should have got there first.  Maybe we should consider shift grab or shift grab plus stalk an exploit.  "But....but, I didn't even see or hear Jason coming!". Fact of the matter is, both are fine.  Just leave it alone.  

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It isn't fair?  He should have got there first.  Maybe we should consider shift grab or shift grab plus stalk an exploit.  "But....but, I didn't even see or hear Jason coming!". Fact of the matter is, both are fine.  Just leave it alone.  

False dichotomy, counselors can escape a shift grab with a pk, whereas counselor beartraps can only be moved by counselors and reused over and over. Jason's traps can be disarmed by knives and only used on time.

• Like 1

Just now, Redcat345 said:

False dichotomy, counselors can escape a shift grab with a pk, whereas counselor beartraps can only be moved by counselors and reused over and over. Jason's traps can be disarmed by knives and only used on time.

Yeah, because pocket knives are soooo abundant now.  The speed looters horde that shit and you know it.  There is literally no need to change the mechanic the way it is now.  As Jason, get there first.  It is that simple.  If not, too bad.  Or step in it and disarm it.  Most of the time they will shift enough to set the trap.  

16 hours ago, PrincessTiffany said:

Bear Traps

I always get annoyed, when players always set the bear traps inside the house by the door. It is supposed to be set outside the door to have it's full benefits.

Getting annoyed won't stop me from placing traps behind doors...  Im not sure why you think setting traps outside the door changes anything.

3 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Hilariously wrong. Earlier tonight, I demasked a Part 4 during the first minute or two of the game...with a machete, as Vanessa, through a door. Set your traps wherever you like, but if I find it blocking the door, it's getting disarmed.

I use bear traps towards the end of the match where you can't use doors to your advantage anyway as Jason walks through them and it gives a guaranteed stun with time to get away.

Funny how some people get upset at anothers strategy. The whole "there's only one way to play" argument is ridiculous. The only thing I hate regarding traps is when people set them up at windows or inside next to an unlocked door.

18 hours ago, PrincessTiffany said:

Bear Traps

I always get annoyed, when players always set the bear traps inside the house by the door. It is supposed to be set outside the door to have it's full benefits.

How is that?

If Jason gets caught how is that benefiting the counselors?  Just puts you in the same position.

You can't escape because he's still outside and can shift to you in a moment.

If he steps in the bear trap at least you actually have a chance to escape since he's already inside.

• Thanks 1