Sign in to follow this  
PrincessTiffany

Let's talk about bear traps.

Bear Traps

I always get annoyed, when players always set the bear traps inside the house by the door. It is supposed to be set outside the door to have it's full benefits.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I've seen more people step in it that way (counselors). It also takes a little extra time/effort. Inside works just as well for me.

As long as it's near the door (not in the middle of the fucking room) I'm ok with the placement. Just keep it out of the way where you're not going to fuck someone else over.

I think it's just a force of habit, you find it inside so you end up setting it inside cause you already locked the door. Although I do agree they seem to work better for me outside, Jason just steps around it and it ends up screwing me over trying to run out when they're inside.

By placing it outside, Jason steps intentionally in it (only 5 sec lost), breaks the door and (if skilled) catches you I mmediately.

by placing it inside and after breaking the door, you at least have a chance to escape if Jason steps in it. 

I go for the 2nd one, but more variances to the game are always welcome

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

As long as it's near the door

And lock the damn door, don't know how many times I've gone through a cabin door and been caught in a trap with no medspray.

I also can't count how many times I've run along the front of a cabin being chased and stepped in some idiots trap when it's outside the door. 

The trap can be set in the door jam so that it can't be stepped on from inside or outside with the door shut and Jason can't side step it. The only way past it is to shift. If he does that in a 1 door cabin, he either has to step in it to get out or wait for his shift to cool down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

And lock the damn door, don't know how many times I've gone through a cabin door and been caught in a trap with no medspray.

Fuck I hate that...

"Oh look, that cabin hasn't been (or was poorly) searched, I'll check it out"

Famous last words^

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PrincessTiffany said:

Bear Traps

I always get annoyed, when players always set the bear traps inside the house by the door. It is supposed to be set outside the door to have it's full benefits.

Dupe thread. 

As it is, get annoyed. There is no one right way to do it. If you like to set them outside, have at. If not, do it inside. Also there are benefits to setting them inside as opposed to out. 

I feel I step in these more often than Jason, lol.  I don't care if they are near a door, but don't put them in the middle of the lobby or in a hallway.

There is no supposed to, I set traps all over the damn place. In front of the car, behind me when I'm doing the fuze or sometimes right in Jason's face. (Note this can cause death as happened to me earlier today.)

If you really want to have some fun, set one in the door of his shack, then watch the rage as he gets out of the trap, grabs you gets pocketnifed, then chain stunned with the bat, and top it off with the sweater stun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

If you really want to have some fun, set one in the door of his shack, then watch the rage as he gets out of the trap, grabs you gets pocketnifed, then chain stunned with the bat, and top it off with the sweater stun.

All done with Jenny,  B).

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Its a tactic I use when if I have a convenient trap near a shack location.  I set it just outside the door so when he springs it, Jason wouldn't be body blocking the entrance.   You can also chain stun from a bear trap.

16 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Its a tactic I use when if I have a convenient trap near a shack location.  I set it just outside the door so when he springs it, Jason wouldn't be body blocking the entrance.   You can also chain stun from a bear trap.

I only know about it because it was done to me. Back in December when I had been playing for about 3 days, I had 3 counselors in the shack with 2 knives each, they set 1 trap in the front door and 1 in the door to momma's room. Then took turns beating and and sexually harassing me in front of mom.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

As someone else has said.... I also set them all over the place.  Woods, doors, cars, power boxes, fuse box etc.  Bait Jason in, punish him for doing so.  If he wants to be a salty ____ about it too bad. People like to get mad about the "chain stun", however it can also be thought of as assisting in getting rage faster.  Some of us don't play to escape every game.  Some of us just like to have fun and show different play styles.  Live or die, who the hell cares?  It will all eventually be patched out anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

As someone else has said.... I also set them all over the place.  Woods, doors, cars, power boxes, fuse box etc.  Bait Jason in, punish him for doing so.  If he wants to be a salty ____ about it too bad. People like to get mad about the "chain stun", however it can also be thought of as assisting in getting rage faster.  Some of us to play to escape every game.  Some of us just like to have fun and show different play styles.  Live or die, who the hell cares?  It will all eventually be patched out anyway.  

I use chain stunning because it is there.  If it were up to me, I'd remove it.  Jason was already stunned, he doesn't need to be stunned again.... or worse, free damage from a machete.

7 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I use chain stunning because it is there.  If it were up to me, I'd remove it.  Jason was already stunned, he doesn't need to be stunned again.... or worse, free damage from a machete.

I don't think it needs to be removed but it will.  I'm not someone who effectively uses cabins to kite.  Traps are my way of regaining stamina. I'm also not someone who uses it to kill Jason though I see how you could.  I do my best kiting out in the open.  You can't do that forever though.  This will indeed be patched out.  I can say though that the people I play with and use this against think is a brilliant method as did I when I had it used against me three times in a match.  I didn't get mad at all about it.  No one should.  

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I don't think it needs to be removed but it will.  I'm not someone who effectively uses cabins to kite.  Traps are my way of regaining stamina. I'm also not someone who uses it to kill Jason though I see how you could.  I do my best kiting out in the open.  You can't do that forever though.  This will indeed be patched out.  I can say though that the people I play with and use this against think is a brilliant method as did I when I had it used against me three times in a match.  I didn't get mad at all about it.  No one should.  

The bigger issue with chain stun is not kiting, but car escapes or police calls.  It make pocket knives even more powerful.

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

The bigger issue with chain stun is not kiting, but car escapes or police calls.  It make pocket knives even more powerful.

I don't use the pocket knife stun, though I have.  I just use traps.  Me and my friends get a kick out of it and they have learned to respect my space.  It makes it pretty funny to watch them avoid bushes and brush to chase me.  Next thing you know.....clink.  

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I don't use the pocket knife stun, though I have.  I just use traps.

While its cool you have a honor system, for fairness in QP it needs to be fixed.  When I'm Jason against the crew, I have to think twice about grabbing, because if they had a pocket knife, there is a Adam or Bugzy waiting with a machete. :o

Honestly I think traps are one of the best things in the game for counselors.

They're great at buying you a little time when you can get Jason to step in it.

And they're great to set with the intention of trolling QP lobbies full of idiots and assholes. 

I hope they never change.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

Honestly I think traps are one of the best things in the game for counselors.

They're great at buying you a little time when you can get Jason to step in it.

And they're great to set with the intention of trolling QP lobbies full of idiots and assholes. 

I hope they never change.

Agreed.  I could care less about the knives but traps have saved me from jasons with a Chad sidekick.  

14 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Agreed.  I could care less about the knives but traps have saved me from jasons with a Chad sidekick.  

I'm glad they fit your play-style, I struggle to make use them as I'm always on the move.  I'm now over 500 hours in and I still only have 4 bear traps total on my badge count, lol (all came from setting them in front of Jason's shack).  I even joked that when I see traps set, I should disarm it and reset it so I get the points if Jason steps on it (BTW, I've never do that, even though I think its a hilarious dickish thing to do, lol)

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm glad they fit your play-style, I struggle to make use them as I'm always on the move.  I'm now over 500 hours in and I still only have 4 bear traps total on my badge out, lol (all came from setting them in front of Jason's shack).  I even joked that when I see traps set, I should disarm it and reset it so I get the points if Jason steps on it (BTW, I've never done it, even though I think its a hilarious dickish thing to do, lol)

Anything goes.  This is a survival game.  Do what ya need to do with the exception of glitching.  Besides, a player won't get the points if they are dead already.