So I was just playing a game with a friend, we had everything to fix the car in the first two minutes, Jason rage quit. My friend suggested letting someone else be Jason for the rest of the match.

The suggestion was reasonably simple, the mask falls to the ground, appearing on the map and who ever gets it first gets to be Jason. I think this idea has quite a bit of merit. What do you all think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

So I was just playing a game with a friend, we had everything to fix the car in the first two minutes, Jason rage quit. My friend suggested letting someone else be Jason for the rest of the match.

The suggestion was reasonably simple, the mask falls to the ground, appearing on the map and who ever gets it first gets to be Jason. I think this idea has quite a bit of merit. What do you all think?

I like that idea. The race for the mask would be fun.

4 hours ago, Raskkii said:

What if no one wants to be Jason?

I guess everyone just escapes. At least you can finish the match...

Not a bad idea @Slasher_Clone 

Edit: Might also be a good idea to give some incentive to picking up the mask. 200xp for taking over should make up for the fact that you're starting off late.

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I like that idea. The race for the mask would be fun.

Would you instantly become Jason as soon as you pick it up? Only to look around and see a bunch of stamina depleted counselors that lost the race around you? I would be okay with that lol

Sometimes, sometimes they'd fix the car and go. It all depends on the players, but yeah I figure whoever picks up the mask would be locked into the animation of putting it on and changing. Jason's music would swell, letting everyone know a new Jason was coming to get you. It wouldn't take long for Jason to change, but give you a little time to turn and run for cover of a cabin.

Also the player who becomes Jason would drop everything they're carrying on the ground around them.

27 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It all depends on the players, but yeah I figure whoever picks up the mask would be locked into the animation of putting it on and changing. Jason's music would swell, letting everyone know a new Jason was coming to get you.

Might be best to randomly morph him somewhere else on the map. I feel people would still complain if they died because they didn't get to the mask first. At least if he's randomly morphed you can only blame the RNG gods. He would still have to drop everything where he picked up the mask though. Gives a little more incentive to head towards the mask since you might get some items out of it.

I really can't think of an argument against this idea...

I love it. players could choose to use the time to try things out, newer players could actually fix things and drive the car around the map...until someone grabs the mask! Just morph them back to the Cabin starting point and let the game continue. Great idea! 

I think this is a damned good idea. As are the other suggestions here as well. A few hundred experience points for picking it up, an animation of the player putting on the mask and transforming into their own chosen Jason and the random morph so he does not have several stamina depleted counselors nearby. I also agree that the race to the mask could be fun.

Perhaps the random morph should cause a full cool down of morph as well, and ability generation should be as if Jason is just starting the game (because he is). Perhaps adding in that he will not morph too close to any counselor still on the map, or maybe just back to Jason's shack instead of a random morph. The free knife pick ups at the shack should be gone if the original player took them. Knives that were picked up by the original Jason should remain missing as well. Traps from the original Jason player should be removed to allow the new player to place new traps.
   The only problem I can see here is if no one wants to be Jason. People waiting in the afterlife club may have a long wait if anyone decides to run out the clock. But no one says anyone has to stay in the game and wait unless they want to.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

That would make it a lot of fun or if someone could be chosen randomly and decide if they wanted to become Jason. If not, move on to the next. If no one wanted to be Jason,  then unfortunately, everyone survives.  I wish they could penalize rage quitters at least 500cp. This would never happen though and they could chalk it up to anything for quitting.  "MY dog started chewing on my sexbox."

On 3/13/2018 at 6:28 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

captainfalcon-yes.gif

I think the only argument against it would be how plausible it would be to pull off in-game? We'd have to factor in the mechanics used to choose Jason for a match and how the match builds around that. Secondly, you already have the ability to grab the mask when you demask Jason. I can already see games going awry when the girl who plans to go get the sweater picks up the mask to avoid notification for when she goes into his shack, only for the game to register it as a dropped Jason and poof sweater-girl is now suddenly Jason.

What might work out with it is to have a token or something drop when a Jason quits and whoever makes it to the token first would become Jason. And grabbing the token restarts the match so everyone would be back to square one. New Jason, in shack. Counselors spawn in just as if the game hadn't happened yet and boom, no lost match.

Just thinking out loud if you will, but maybe the Jason model isn't needed (if it can't be done easily), or work for paranoia. 

So a counselor has the mask in their inventory, either at the beginning of the match (paranoia) they're randomly choosen, or grabbed off the ground after a rage quit. The character who has the mask is the killer. 

When the mask is selected in their inventory, they power up getting access to Jason's powers and the ability to team kill. When de-selected they become a normal counselor, or become a random clone of a still alive counselor (allowing them to get close). The mask can only be worn for short periods of time and has a limit of about two minutes, before it goes back into your inventory. Forcing you to use it only when you need to. It has a balanced cool down, before it can be used again, rage could let you keep it as long as needed.

When the mask is off, you're a normal counselor and can do anything they can, but as soon as the mask is on you lose those abilities, ie. climb through windows, barricade doors, pick up items (spawn on the beach if dropped in the water),

Weapons, you use the same ones as the counselors, these only hurt other counselors when you have the mask on. If your not carrying a weapon, maybe Pamela's knife could be your backup. 

Running when the mask is on should modify your speed and stamina stats to reflect your having Shift and Morph.

Masked Counselor strengths and weaknesses

Strengths

-Plus Damage (uses counselor weapons but they're more dangerous)

- Plus Stalk

- Can Run

- Clone, bonus strength allows you to change your character model to a still living counselor on the map. 

Weaknesses

- Traps

- Defence or - Stun Resistance 

- Throwing Knives

It's possible that you are without the ability to collect more, can't reach them. Although you may use counselor traps, or disable counselor traps as a normal counselor, which balances it out a bit.

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just thinking out loud if you will, but maybe the Jason model isn't needed (if it can't be done easily), or work for paranoia. 

So a counselor has the mask in their inventory, either at the beginning of the match (paranoia) they're randomly choosen, or grabbed off the ground after a rage quit. The character who has the mask is the killer. 

When the mask is selected in their inventory, they power up getting access to Jason's powers and the ability to team kill. When de-selected they become a normal counselor, or become a random clone of a still alive counselor (allowing them to get close). The mask can only be worn for short periods of time and has a limit of about two minutes, before it goes back into your inventory. Forcing you to use it only when you need to. It has a balanced cool down, before it can be used again, rage could let you keep it as long as needed.

When the mask is off, you're a normal counselor and can do anything they can, but as soon as the mask is on you lose those abilities, ie. climb through windows, barricade doors, pick up items (spawn on the beach if dropped in the water),

Weapons, you use the same ones as the counselors, these only hurt other counselors when you have the mask on. If your not carrying a weapon, maybe Pamela's knife could be your backup. 

Running when the mask is on should modify your speed and stamina stats to reflect your having Shift and Morph.

Masked Counselor strengths and weaknesses

Strengths

-Plus Damage (uses counselor weapons but they're more dangerous)

- Plus Stalk

- Can Run

- Clone, bonus strength allows you to change your character model to a still living counselor on the map. 

Weaknesses

- Traps

- Defence or - Stun Resistance 

- Throwing Knives

It's possible that you are without the ability to collect more, can't reach them. Although you may use counselor traps, or disable counselor traps as a normal counselor, which balances it out a bit.

captainfalcon-yes.gif

On 3/24/2018 at 9:58 PM, dmack621 said:

Secondly, you already have the ability to grab the mask when you demask Jason. I can already see games going awry when the girl who plans to go get the sweater picks up the mask to avoid notification for when she goes into his shack, only for the game to register it as a dropped Jason and poof sweater-girl is now suddenly Jason.

I'm glad you brought that up, I could totally see that happening. Maybe his weapon would be best? The item used isn't really important, just the mechanic for when Jason quits. Hell, they could even just have his clothes drop and whoever picks them up becomes Roy.