Shadesofjoe

Hot Take: I Still Enjoy The "Original Three" The Most

Jarvis house just doesn't have enough cabins to justify its size, i'm fine with the actual gameplay experience of it now that we have the even suckier Pinehurst.

Pinehurst is a terrible map in general. It's fine to have randomized item spawn locations but for the love of Pamela please distribute these items properly so half the map isn't empty. Also, item count should vary depending on the size of the map.. It makes 0 sense that Pinehurst has the same amount of items as a normal or small Packanack..

P.S. For those saying that Jarvis and Pinehurst don't favor Jason you are completely and utterly wrong and there's no way you could even debate it. The larger the map is the more Jason-favored it is going to be, it's simply a fact.

1 hour ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I agree that morph pretty annoying in that regard and isn’t 100% accurate. But it’s doesn’t take you far enough to be considered unreliable.

yes it does you morph to phone it will land to cabin next-door most times so cops get called for example 

Small maps are too easy though I do like Higgins Small.  Packanack Large is probably my Favorite, though I'm fond of Crystal Lake as well.   I HATE Higgins Large though.... but only because of my "occupation" on the team :P, otherwise I actually like it, lol.  Jarvis house is fine, but people seam to dislike this the most, and I wish they would fix the props spawn glitches that renders a escape option useless.  I actually like Pinehurst, but not for its map layout, but because its visually interesting.  I love luring Jason's into the orange tree field for ambush tactics :ph34r:.  Give it time, it might become my favorite.

13 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I agree completely. Jarvis and Pinehurst unfairly favor Jason. I’m not arguing that Jason should have an overall advantage, but not to the point where the scale is flipped on something that’s out of both Jason and the counselors’ hands. It’s also dumb how small maps unfairly favor counselors. It takes me usually 2-4 minutes to find all supplies for BOTH cars. There needs to be some rework on the balancing that currently in place regarding maps.

Had a Vanessa scavenge cabins and she found Gas,Battery and the keys, I fixed the Two seater and we escaped

It took her 2-5 minutes only.

13 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

My issue with Jarvis isn't so much the layout as it is the item spawn locations. They're just so unforgiving. I'm not saying the propeller needs to spawn in the house right next to the boat. But when it's all the way across the map, that's just too far. 

On the other hand, it gives Tiffany more of a purpose.  She can quickly and quietly ferry items from one side of the map to the other.

I don't dislike the large maps like Jarvis and Pinehurst.  I'm fine with playing on them, but you just can't beat the classics of the original 3 maps.  My favorite map is still Higgins as it is perfectly evenly spread out.  Small maps on the other hand I'm not a fan of.  They are fine if you have 6 or fewer players in the lobby, then they become a little more balanced.  Otherwise, they heavily favor counselors given how easy it is to find and install parts.

10 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

yes it does you morph to phone it will land to cabin next-door most times so cops get called for example 

I’ve had that had happen once or twice but the fault lies more with the Jason player for not checking the phone periodically.

1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

Had a Vanessa scavenge cabins and she found Gas,Battery and the keys, I fixed the Two seater and we escaped

It took her 2-5 minutes only.

This how most small maps play out especially crystal lake. It’s too easy already with a group of uncoordinated counselors. When people who actually are a good team play on this map it can be quite unforgiving for Jason.

2 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

This how most small maps play out especially crystal lake. It’s too easy already with a group of uncoordinated counselors. When people who actually are a good team play on this map it can be quite unforgiving for Jason.

And at the same time Jason was being killed as I was fixing the car as Deborah, I fixed the car, Drove over to where Jason was being killed at, He was being killed on the road so I had no way to actually escape with the car, So I just sat there and watched them do their shit. 

We all Escaped. 

Completely agreed.

My biggest issue with Jarvis and Pinehurst is how they help the Vanessa/Chad meta as they tend to spawn objective parts much farther away and fixers can't easily run these large distances. Also if a fixer such as Deborah is caught between a group of cabins she's usually dead because her stamina pool doesn't allow her to reach other cabins as easily in a chase.

The first 3 even large maps of crystal lake, packanack, and higgins haven seem to have a lot more balance put into them even for fixers as parts are fairly close to the objectives and running between cabins isn't 3 miles of a task to complete.

I’d put Crystal Lake first, then it’s a toss up between Higgins and Packanack. Pinehurst comes in over Jarvis House for me. The only small map I can tolerate is Higgins. CL small is pretty meh, and I hate Pack small with a stone cold passion.

The first 3 maps are the best. For me it would be

1 Packanack

2 Crystal lake

3 Higgins haven 

4 Pinehurst

5 Jarvis

and then the small maps

I enjoy the Original 3 maps a lot.  I find the small versions to be far worst then Pinehurst or Javis House. As a counselor I can and have escaped on both a fair amount, but I do die more often then  original three.  The small maps are so in favor of counselors its a waste of time to play.  If Jason can spawn on players right at the start and take 1 or 2 out, he may have a good game, but often time. Jason will teleport to 1 location. Do something with phone, or one car. teleport to 2nd location, and some vehicle is already started and on the way out. If that 2nd port wasn't to where the players are, its game over for Jason.   So stupid

The initial 3 maps have a good balance of spots for all players.

Part of me wishes the small maps are removed altogether since they were filler maps to begin with. Pinehurst and Jarvis can be fixed by setting up objective spawns the way the original maps have them set up, a 4 seater and then either a two seater or a boat gets randomized. Of course I mean removed after some new maps are added. Never expecting it to happen, but the small maps are all pretty terrible.