Three of my biggest pet peeves with players and this game:

Biggest issue with F13?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest issue with F13?

• Framecounting
    • Hitting Jason through solid objects
    • Too easy to kill Jason

2 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

And yeah the mask on bit is BS, but I tend to write it off, personally.

The only rational way to "write it off" is to rely on the slow uptake of new information among the playerbase as a whole. And there's quite a bit of validity to that. 

Still, I expect we'll increasingly see sharp QP players who know that they don't need to worry about demasking Jason, they just need to focus on getting 1-2 heavy machete attacks on Jason's face during the sweater stun before sweater girl bats his ass for the knee drop & that sweet "E" prompt. Anyone who's not doing that in PM just isn't paying attention (or is choosing to handicap themselves because it feels wrong...which is fine, but doesn't change game mechanics).

Of the three, hitting Jason through solid objects. It's about the cheapest trick in the game. How is it that counselors can hit Jason through a solid unbroken door, yet, when there is a hole in the door, Jason can't trow a knife through it?

• Thanks 1

All three of these options are avoidable and in the chain stunning issue not at all a big deal. My biggest counselor issue is the one or two that hold onto all the pocket knives to kite Jason after everyone is dead. These are usually battle Chad's and Vanessa's and Tiffany they mostimes have X2 heal sprays ready as well. The only success that comes from kiting Jason is if objectives are getting done and you're working to kill Jason or escape. Running the clock for ten plus minutes on the back of everyone's death who now will not spectate the cheap tactics they've seen their fare share of. Things like this lead to toxic lobbies.

I've also seen my fair share of exploits during grab kills where the kill animation has not started but the sound has and the counselor is listed as dead. As well as some serious shady gank squads abusing the grab kill layout so as grab kills will not work.

Jason's weapon swing is much much slower than the counselor swing and with 6 med sprays a counselor can abuse Jason for much longer than an average gamers attention span. It's just no fun when all of this is combined in one match, seriously.

@GideonShandy

I hate that counselors (and Jason) can phase through a door. I can understand a counselor being hit by something coming through the door if they're right against it or trying to barricade but that should really be it.

@Whammigobambam

Chain-stunning is definitely an issue.

I'm tired of Battle Chads also. They hold the game hostage even when there's an escape open and 4/5 end up dying eventually. The game should remove the timer and allow people to find a new game once they've died. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Chain-stunning is definitely an issue.

You're right. I've just adapted to it like I did with the 7 pocketknives. That doesn't make it a non issue for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whammigobambam said:

You're right. I've just adapted to it like I did with the 7 pocketknives. That doesn't make it a non issue for sure.

I've had mixed results myself. I'm currently particularly annoyed by it though.

It is really conflicting though as a Jason player going back to counselor play. I like Chad players as a counselor very much. Knowing that these tactics are available to me how can I resist? I don't abuse exploits but I do stun after the pocketknife stab for sure because it is available to my survival. It's this conflict that has caused me to not play actually.

9 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

No I've never been told that, probably because I don't wear hats.

Cannot confirm or deny, I can only go by your profile avatar which indisputably looks, "like a penis with that little hat on".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Cannot confirm or deny, I can only go by your profile avatar, which indisputably looks, "like a penis with that little hat on".

I can live with that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Dr. Lecter I didn't know about that method. Seems kind of cheap, but it does make sense. Realistically, there's nothing wrong with it.

10 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Incorrect: the above link describes a non-exploiting, reproducible method for killing Jason during the sweater stun with his mask still on (in some cases, even if zero damage of any kind has been taken prior to the sweater stun). The whole point is that with the correct approach, demasking and killing Jason are a single, uninterruptible series of events.

Literally the only defenses are using an "E" macro or never letting Tommy & Sweater Girl get near you when they're together. The former is an exploit, while the latter reduces Jason to prey. He can and should stay alert while on the defensive, but unless he's godly with knives or Tommy & Sweater Girl make a serious mistake, he'll either die or spend the entire game running away from that pair.

You forgot... even if you hit with every knife on one target (sweater girl or Tommy) there are usually enough med sprays around, particularly if they have more counselors in the group with them, to drag it out far longer than Jason's throwing knives will last. Even if Jason picked up every knife on the map.
     Once the mask is off, there are few options to avoid the sweater stun once Jason is too close to them. Barring a glitch, the wrong weapon used to attempt to knock Jason down, Tommy making a simple mistake, another player is mistakenly in the way of someone's attempt to knock Jason to his knees... Jason is doomed if he gets too close. I have seen Jason players avoid the kill by just facing a wall so there is not enough room for Tommy to begin the kill animation, this is not a glitch, but a working tactic based on a simple in game mechanic. All kill animations require a specific amount of room for the kill animation to begin.
     So far, the hit and run tactic with knives is working for me... but using the same tactic against the same players over and over again dooms you to failure. The intrepid Jason slayers will just start using hypochondriac along with medic and grouping with more players to increase their chances. I have not been killed as Jason for quite a while now, but with the same players continuing their attempts on my life, they will get me sooner or later no matter the tactic. But, I still welcome the challenge..... in the end, we all die.

#Valar Morghulis                   #With Strange Machetes Even Jason May Die

I still believe we should be able to grab counselors through open windows and pull them outside the cabin if they are standing too close and to help resolve the "hitting Jason through a hole in the door issue" it would be great if Jason could grab through that same hole in the door and pull just the counselor's head through and decapitate by pushing down as an example.  It might deter people from trying to damage Jason as he's breaking a door down or waiting until the door breaks to get the free stun.  

14 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

The only rational way to "write it off" is to rely on the slow uptake of new information among the playerbase as a whole. And there's quite a bit of validity to that. 

Still, I expect we'll increasingly see sharp QP players who know that they don't need to worry about demasking Jason, they just need to focus on getting 1-2 heavy machete attacks on Jason's face during the sweater stun before sweater girl bats his ass for the knee drop & that sweet "E" prompt. Anyone who's not doing that in PM just isn't paying attention (or is choosing to handicap themselves because it feels wrong...which is fine, but doesn't change game mechanics).

Mhmm. Agreed, it's something i hope they address in April but i'm 50/50 on whether or not they actually will.  I certainly don't run into it as much on ps4, though. 

None of these honestly bother me while I play as Jason. Even if counselors do the first 2 things in quick play I tend to get 6/7 or 7/7 on average.

As for number 3 there are ways you can prevent yourself from being killed as Jason. Start trapping your shack up, Tunnel the girl wearing the sweater, and teleport to power boxes at the beginning of matches to give yourself a chance and prevent Tommy from being called.

7 hours ago, Chetork said:

As for number 3 there are ways you can prevent yourself from being killed as Jason. Start trapping your shack up, Tunnel the girl wearing the sweater, and teleport to power boxes at the beginning of matches to give yourself a chance and prevent Tommy from being called.

I don't do these things every time because most QP lobbies aren't coordinated enough to kill me. If I see a group that is going for the kill and I get Jason in the next match it's all business from me. Part 2, Jason 3 traps on the shack door, traps on the power box for the radio cabin, and kill the lowest level players first and hunt down whoever came back as Tommy as soon as he spawns.

18 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I don't do these things every time because most QP lobbies aren't coordinated enough to kill me. If I see a group that is going for the kill and I get Jason in the next match it's all business from me. Part 2, Jason 3 traps on the shack door, traps on the power box for the radio cabin, and kill the lowest level players first and hunt down whoever came back as Tommy as soon as he spawns.

I wouldn't underestimate qp.  I watched three people join together and three consecutive matches kill Jason.  They absolutely brutalized each one.  The fourth match the host quit.  He was Jason, of course.  

7 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I wouldn't underestimate qp.  I watched three people join together and three consecutive matches kill Jason.  They absolutely brutalized each one.  The fourth match the host quit.  He was Jason, of course.  

I play it by ear, if I'm in the group as a counselor and I see a bunch of people dicking around, when I'm Jason I have a little more fun with them. I'll set traps on bridges and doorways and take my time killing them. But if they're pushing objectives and always sending someone for the sweater, I'm not playing with that.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I play it by ear, if I'm in the group as a counselor and I see a bunch of people dicking around, when I'm Jason I have a little more fun with them. I'll set traps on bridges and doorways and take my time killing them. But if they're pushing objectives and always sending someone for the sweater, I'm not playing with that.

Of course.  I wouldn't give them a chance either.  I've never been a part of a skilled kill squad, but there are definitely some out there who can do it over and over again.  

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

but the OP is saying it's so easy to kill Jason when it really isn't.

There are a million things that can go wrong with the method and the general consensus on killing Jason is that it is not as reliable as escape vehicles or calling authorities. If he is so concerned with Jason being easy to kill he just needs to start playing around it more instead of complaining about it. I always play part 3 nowadays and just put one trap on the shack which usually thwarts the people trying to kill me.

46 minutes ago, Chetork said:

but the OP is saying it's so easy to kill Jason when it really isn't.

There are a million things that can go wrong with the method and the general consensus on killing Jason is that it is not as reliable as escape vehicles or calling authorities. If he is so concerned with Jason being easy to kill he just needs to start playing around it more instead of complaining about it. I always play part 3 nowadays and just put one trap on the shack which usually thwarts the people trying to kill me.

The way I see it is saying that anything is easy is subjective. There are hunting parties that claim it's simple and any moron can do it. I haven't ever done it because the times I tried something went wrong, either he didn't go to his knees after the sweater, or Tommy didn't hit X to kill him etc.

If someone is playing Jason and feels that they are getting killed to often because it's too easy, then there are a lot of things that they can do to make it harder. Since I've learned what goes into killing Jason. Ive been lucky and had a few close calls, but I haven't been killed in a long while. That's only been the case because I was proactive about not dying and took the necessary steps to prevent it.

Edited to elaborate and avoid a double post

This group killed Jason in the previous match in about 6 or 7 minutes. If you had asked them if it was easy to kill Jason they probably would have said yes at that time. The very next match I was Jason and they failed miserably.

Edited by AdmiralJT
  • Like 1

Why do they go off the part#4 ending of Tommy killing Jason  for killing Jason when he returned many times after?   T.  In the future, they should include the magical  Daggar in JGTH and have Jason's sister, Niece as playable characters to kill him.  It makes more sense than Tommy being the only way to kill Jason. 

18 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Why do they go off the part#4 ending of Tommy killing Jason  for killing Jason when he returned many times after?   T.  In the future, they should include the magical  Daggar in JGTH and have Jason's sister, Niece as playable characters to kill him.  It makes more sense than Tommy being the only way to kill Jason. 

If Tommy uses a Machete, it looks like part 4 death

If Tommy uses an Axe, it looks like Part 3 death.

I would really like to see the "killing Jason" aspect of the game completely reworked. Right now it is too easy, it makes zero sense when you do it to Roy, and it's going to make zero sense when you do it to Uber Jason. 

4 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I would really like to see the "killing Jason" aspect of the game completely reworked. Right now it is too easy, it makes zero sense when you do it to Roy, and it's going to make zero sense when you do it to Uber Jason. 

I dream of a day where each map has its own specific way to kill Jason.

• Like 1