deathsia

Three of my biggest pet peeves with players and this game:

Biggest issue with F13?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest issue with F13?

• Framecounting
    • Hitting Jason through solid objects
    • Too easy to kill Jason

Note: this isn't me trying to be rude or complain thread but the following things some players do will almost for sure make me severely tempted to leave the match. I will also be providing suggestions to counter these issues.

1. Framecounting(aka: setting up to get guaranteed dmg on me as Jason or Councilor due to being frame locked in an animation and unable to move or dodge.)  A prime example being jumping through a window as a councilor and standing up or chain stunning Jason after a pocket knife stun. This aggravates me for a number of reasons, the first and foremost reason being that I am unable to do ANYTHING during these times and the other player(s) KNOW THIS and take advantage of it.  A suggestion for this is to provide i-frames to the counselor and Jason during these moments.

2. Hitting Jason through a solid object such as a door. These are meant to be BARRIERS, not one-way strike windows. A suggestion to get rid of this issue is to make striking through doors not work by making their weapons bounce back when striking at the door instead of phasing through it.

3. Making Jason so easy to kill. I've made a whole thread about this HERE so i won't repeat myself but this is a huge if not biggest pet peeve I have with this game.

That said, anyone else take issue with any of the items listed?

Re: #2, it's not a one-way strike window...it's a two-way strike window. Sure it's silly, but the door combat's actually kind of fun. Let's have the fix the whole 'weapon phasing through the walls' thing so Jason and counselors can properly hide before we worry about door combat.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, deathsia said:

not one-way strike windows

Like @Dr. Lecter said, it goes both ways. I constantly get hit when trying to barricade a door with him right there.

51 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Re: #2, it's not a one-way strike window...it's a two-way strike window. Sure it's silly, but the door combat's actually kind of fun. Let's have the fix the whole 'weapon phasing through the walls' thing so Jason and counselors can properly hide before we worry about door combat.

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Like @Dr. Lecter said, it goes both ways. I constantly get hit when trying to barricade a door with him right there.

Guess I should of mentioned that I use the legit door breakdown animation instead of combat stance hitting the door like an exploiting ass.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, deathsia said:

A prime example being jumping through a window as a councilor and standing up or chain stunning Jason after a pocket knife stun.

But what if you jumped out of a window towards Jason? Unless I am understanding your argument wrong that would give you a free moment to run to the next cabin and perform the same maneuver.

I am okay with it as is. The door thing can be annoying but like @Truth and @Dr. Lecter stated it works both ways. I've actually killed a counselor once from trying to chop a door while they barricaded it.

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

But what if you jumped out of a window towards Jason? Unless I am understanding your argument wrong that would give you a free moment to run to the next cabin and perform the same maneuver.

I am okay with it as is. The door thing can be annoying but like @Truth and @Dr. Lecter stated it works both ways. I've actually killed a counselor once from trying to chop a door while they barricaded it.

Well of course they wouldn't be immune to a grab...

11 minutes ago, deathsia said:

I don't really understand what you are suggesting then. That you would be immune to a slash or throwing knife?

For me, it's a tie between being able to hit through doors and being too easy to kill Jason. The door issue should be fixed because it's just sloppy and unrealistic to hit through a solid barricaded door. And as for killing Jason, I think people have gotten so familiarized with doing it that it's just a walk in the park to pull it off. Yes, there are definitely some glitches that prevent you from killing Jason at times, but let's be honest, if those glitches were not there, it would still be too easy to kill Jason. To me, killing Jason should be a rarity. It should not be something a group of counselors get together and just casually do for the heck of it each round. I think a good way to fix this is maybe have a completely different process to kill Jason on each map. 

30 minutes ago, deathsia said:

Guess I should of mentioned that I use the legit door breakdown animation instead of combat stance hitting the door like an exploiting ass.

Using combat stance is by no means an exploit. It's a way to break through the door and avoid the easy stun waiting around the corner. You can immediately start blocking and walk through, rather than get stuck in an animation that leaves you vulnerable to being stunned.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

Using combat stance is by no means an exploit. It's a way to break through the door and avoid the easy stun waiting around the corner. You can immediately start blocking and walk through, rather than get stuck in an animation that leaves you vulnerable to being stunned.

YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE, IT'S HOW IT WAS DESIGNED!

8 minutes ago, deathsia said:

YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE, IT'S HOW IT WAS DESIGNED!

And they also designed a way to counter that. Not sure what the problem is here...

Don't worry, all the complainers and whiners will eventually get their way and it will all be patched out.  Then we can all play the same vanilla way.  We'll only put traps where Jason can shift over them.  There will be another window bubble so Jason can't strike or throw knives.  The pocket knife stun will be a thing of the past.  Combat stance will be removed from both.  You will load into the game, find parts, install, lock doors, run, rinse, lather, repeat.  No thinking outside of the box.  No messing with Jason. No Jasons messing with counselors.  Just a very vanilla, boring way of playing.  It's coming.  Just wait. 

• Confused 1

Make doors like walls so Jason can't combat stance through them, give Jason generous i-frames on the final hit that breaks the door and remove clipping so counselors cannot get repeated stuns while he tries breaking doors down.

Jason needs way more HP, considering Tommy one shots his mask with a heavy attack wielding a machete.

Framecounting can also be dealt with by giving Jason the same i-frames he gets when struck by a weapon. It won't help chainstuns when getting mobbed by groups, but it will fix the whole pocket knife stun into melee stun problem.

1 hour ago, deathsia said:

Ironically, they already are immune to a grab or a slash during the post-window-dive animation. The only thing that works is a throwing knife. Doesn't matter if they dive away from you and are thus on the other side of a cabin wall, or if they dive in next to you...they're not grabbable or slashable until they're up on their feet. Seems only fair they're at least throwing knifeable during that time :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, deathsia said:

If combat stance is a exploit, then it should be removed..... wait... its not an exploit, is it? It was intended to be in the game, though it is still somewhat clunky and needs to be fixed.
    I got a good laugh out of someone stating the rules for the match I had just joined a few nights ago. They said we could not use the combat stance exploit on the doors..... so I asked this person... Can you use the exploit to bash Jason through a door?
    The rest of the lobby got a good laugh as a very young sounding kid explained how and why combat stance was not an exploit. The 'Rule Maker' promptly left. I found it funny how the much younger kid made the 'grown up' look pretty dumb. I had to applaud that kid.... living proof that there is hope in the constant war on stupidity. Learning stuff is good. Learning how to use the knowledge you gain in a productive manner is even better.
    My point is... the exploiting ass is the one trying to strike Jason through the door, not the Jason using combat stance to bash it down while trying to avoid the exploiting ass. If a counselor was standing close enough to a door to unrealistically try and strike Jason through a hole in the door, he would realistically get hurt as Jason bashes the door in.
    In real life, I hope non of you would try to stand anywhere near a door on the opposite side of it from someone else who happens to be bashing it down with an axe. Doing anything even remotely similar to this on say... a construction site (or a demolition job) will rightly get you immediately fired along with the advice to seek further education. I do not wish grievous injury on anyone in real life, but standing close enough to said door to attempt to strike someone on the other side while they bash it down would be, in my opinion.... nature's way of weeding out the stupid.
    If anyone thinks it is realistic to strike Jason through a door at all.... I will remind them, things do not magically phase through holes that are smaller than the object or the arc in which the swing progresses to make its strike, let alone how far Jason needs to stand from the door to strike it with an axe effectively. Length of the weapon, the wielder's own arm and the distance the target is from the attacker are all things to consider as well. I have a great many doubts that this was intended to be in the game, and if it was... they did not think it through.

Locked animations are just part of how this game works. But the ability to consistently stun Jason as he comes out of an animation needs to go. This is also a huge problem.
    It does seem easy to kill Jason and perhaps it should be harder. As @Nougat stated, a buff to Jason's HP could help here as it is pretty easy to remove the mask, but giving a small stun immunity to Jason to fix the above problem would also help a lot here.... and fixing combat stance would help with both these problems as well. If combat stance and chain stunning (or whatever people call it now, lets not get into the semantics of it... it is a problem) were fixed, perhaps Jason would not need more HP.... still trying to think of balance here.
    When creating a poll, remember to put an option for "All of the Above" and "Other". With things like this, it is hard to pick the "Biggest" problem.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If combat stance is a exploit, then it should be removed..... wait... its not an exploit, is it? It was intended to be in the game, though it is still somewhat clunky and needs to be fixed.
    I got a good laugh out of someone stating the rules for the match I had just joined a few nights ago. They said we could not use the combat stance exploit on the doors..... so I asked this person... Can you use the exploit to bash Jason through a door?
    The rest of the lobby got a good laugh as a very young sounding kid explained how and why combat stance was not an exploit. The 'Rule Maker' promptly left. I found it funny how the much younger kid made the 'grown up' look pretty dumb. I had to applaud that kid.... living proof that there is hope in the constant war on stupidity. Learning stuff is good. Learning how to use the knowledge you gain in a productive manner is even better.
    My point is... the exploiting ass is the one trying to strike Jason through the door, not the Jason using combat stance to bash it down while trying to avoid the exploiting ass. If a counselor was standing close enough to a door to unrealistically try and strike Jason through a hole in the door, he would realistically get hurt as Jason bashes the door in.
    In real life, I hope non of you would try to stand anywhere near a door on the opposite side of it from someone else who happens to be bashing it down with an axe. Doing anything even remotely similar to this on say... a construction site (or a demolition job) will rightly get you immediately fired along with the advice to seek further education. I do not wish grievous injury on anyone in real life, but standing close enough to said door to attempt to strike someone on the other side while they bash it down would be, in my opinion.... nature's way of weeding out the stupid.
    If anyone thinks it is realistic to strike Jason through a door at all.... I will remind them, things do not magically phase through holes that are smaller than the object or the arc in which the swing progresses to make its strike, let alone how far Jason needs to stand from the door to strike it with an axe effectively. Length of the weapon, the wielder's own arm and the distance the target is from the attacker are all things to consider as well. I have a great many doubts that this was intended to be in the game, and if it was... they did not think it through.

Locked animations are just part of how this game works. But the ability to consistently stun Jason as he comes out of an animation needs to go. This is also a huge problem.
    It does seem easy to kill Jason and perhaps it should be harder. As @Nougat stated, a buff to Jason's HP could help here as it is pretty easy to remove the mask, but giving a small stun immunity to Jason to fix the above problem would also help a lot here.... and fixing combat stance would help with both these problems as well. If combat stance and chain stunning (or whatever people call it now, lets not get into the semantics of it... it is a problem) were fixed, perhaps Jason would not need more HP.... still trying to think of balance here.
    When creating a poll, remember to put an option for "All of the Above" and "Other". With things like this, it is hard to pick the "Biggest" problem.

Amen!

My biggest issue is that the ladies who play this game are always asking me to "send nudes."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

My biggest issue is that the ladies who play this game are always asking me to "send nudes."

Right...

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

No I've never been told that, probably because I don't wear hats.

1 or 2 for me. I find it extremely easy to kill a poor Jason if I have friends playing with me, but killing a truly good or great Jason who catches on to the attempt is a whole different ball game.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Yes I have seen that and am aware of all of those tactics. I still think a good or great Jason can prevent the kill. Mind you, I am referring to QP when Jason is up against scrubs or only a handful of high end players, not private matches of all high end players.

Demasking Jason is one thing and killing him is another (although I admit the steps are a bit easy).

1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Yes I have seen that and am aware of all of those tactics. I still think a good or great Jason can prevent the kill. Mind you, I am referring to QP when Jason is up against scrubs or only a handful of high end players, not private matches of all high end players.

Demasking Jason is one thing and killing him is another (although I admit the steps are a bit easy).

Incorrect: the above link describes a non-exploiting, reproducible method for killing Jason during the sweater stun with his mask still on (in some cases, even if zero damage of any kind has been taken prior to the sweater stun). The whole point is that with the correct approach, demasking and killing Jason are a single, uninterruptible series of events.

Literally the only defenses are using an "E" macro or never letting Tommy & Sweater Girl get near you when they're together. The former is an exploit, while the latter reduces Jason to prey. He can and should stay alert while on the defensive, but unless he's godly with knives or Tommy & Sweater Girl make a serious mistake, he'll either die or spend the entire game running away from that pair.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Incorrect: the above link describes a non-exploiting, reproducible method for killing Jason during the sweater stun with his mask still on (in some cases, even if zero damage of any kind has been taken prior to the sweater stun). The whole point is that with the correct approach, demasking and killing Jason are a single, uninterruptible series of events.

Literally the only defenses are using an "E" macro or never letting Tommy & Sweater Girl get near you when they're together. The former is an exploit, while the latter reduces Jason to prey. He can and should stay alert while on the defensive, but unless he's godly with knives or Tommy & Sweater Girl make a serious mistake, he'll either die or spend the entire game running away from that pair.

The mask still on aspect is entirely dumb and I agree fully! I tend to ignore that as even though I often go for the kill, I would never attempt it 'mask on' as it just feels wrong to me. 

I disagree however that Tommy and Sweater girl need to make a serious mistake. A mistake, sure, but smart, patient Jasons have ways of causing mistakes. It is rare that two counsellors will play flawless games.

I have not been killed yet and I know other good Jasons who haven't either, some of whom are better or worse than I probably am.

Sure, killing the average Jason is easy, but just because it CAN be easy doesn't mean it IS truly easy. Most of us on the boards are vets, of course it seems easy to us... But we aren't the average player. I am looking at it from what I think their viewpoint might be.

You make good points though, we just have a different perspective. And yeah the mask on bit is BS, but I tend to write it off, personally.