Super Ty

10 months of dashboarding on Xbox

The game has been out for 10 months now, and still there is no end to the dashboarding that happens on Xbox. Any chance the updated engine will finally get rid of this problem for good? Or is it just something that Xbox players will never be rid of?

That's what I'm hoping for... Between the new engine and the dedicated servers, I hope the situation will be fixed. I get pretty sick of it.

I've found that it helps to completely exit the game before turning off your xbox. If I don't, I usually crash within a couple matches the next time I'm on.

It seems like they'll come through on their promises of singleplayer.

I have my doubts about dedicated servers though. The newest excuse (and maybe justifiable) is the engine update, but if dedicated servers don't arrive by May/June/July. I'd say they feel the game is in big trouble and they've decided to cut their losses on that expense.

Which is why the April update needs to be a mosty massive hit, but considering how many things are being added. They haven't really proven they can handle mutilayered updates very well. Its like asking them for chocolate chip cookies and instead get peanut butter cookies.

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Not an Xbox owner...what is dashboarding?

The game crashes. 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

That's what I'm hoping for... Between the new engine and the dedicated servers, I hope the situation will be fixed. I get pretty sick of it.

I've found that it helps to completely exit the game before turning off your xbox. If I don't, I usually crash within a couple matches the next time I'm on.

If I’m going to be on for a while I usually reboot the console before I start playing. Maybe I’ll just try exiting the game as you do before turning off the console. It’s baffling to me that the games been out for this long and this is still an issue. That, and no dedicated servers are why I’ve mostly played on Steam for the past several months.

4 hours ago, Super Ty said:

The game has been out for 10 months now, and still there is no end to the dashboarding that happens on Xbox. Any chance the updated engine will finally get rid of this problem for good? Or is it just something that Xbox players will never be rid of?

This happens on PS4, as well. But instead we get a very annoying Blue Screen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Reyezblood 03 said:

I've heard of the mythical "blue screen". Does it literally just display a blue screen? How do you get back to the game?

On xbox it goes back to the home screen and you just have to start the game again.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I've heard of the mythical "blue screen". Does it literally just display a blue screen? How do you get back to the game?

On xbox it goes back to the home screen and you just have to start the game again.

There are three different possibility’s 1. A Blue Screen error message 2. My PS4 completely freezes forcing me to unplug my PS4 and 3. All of my outfits Emotes and Jason grab kills are un-assigned, not a big deal but I have to take the time to set everything up again :j2:

Just now, Reyezblood 03 said:

There are three different possibility’s 1. A Blue Screen error message 2. My PS4 completely freezes forcing me to unplug my PS4 and 3. All of my outfits Emotes and Jason grab kills are un-assigned, not a big deal but I have to take the time to set everything up again :j2:

Well just getting an error message doesn't sound too bad, but the other 2 sound really shitty... I've had the emotes/clothing/kills reset, but that was early on and only when I used a different xbox to play.

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Not an Xbox owner...what is dashboarding?

Like blue screen on PS4. The whole game shuts down and you're left on the Xbox home dashboard.

Yep, the biggest niggle I have with the dashboard bug is its persistent and biased behaviour - it always strikes when I am having a particularly good game, not once has it bothered to send me back to the dashboard when I have a disastrously bad game. Bugs are one thing but bigoted bugs are something else!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Oooh I will have to try that. I'm sick of it as well. It's so annoying.

7 minutes ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

Oooh I will have to try that. I'm sick of it as well. It's so annoying.

It's definitely not a fix, but I usually get a few extra games in before it inevitably crashes.

6 hours ago, Super Ty said:

i think theres something wrong with your console this usually never happens to me anymore but when it does im afk in the main menu

8 minutes ago, anon said:

i think theres something wrong with your console this usually never happens to me anymore but when it does im afk in the main menu

Which model do you have?

I recently switched to a Xbox one X , it hasn’t dashboarded yet. It also runs a lot faster, of course I had a Xbox one 1st edition which was about 4 years old.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

It's definitely not a fix, but I usually get a few extra games in before it inevitably crashes.

I love the few extra games out of it so i will take all the help i can get. 

I haven't had any dashboard crashes in quite a while. Only time I experience it is if I leave the game logged in when I turn off the console and it will crash when I re-launch the game after the next boot up. Must just stem from some sort of time out issue, but it hasn't happened for me during a match in 2-3 months now.  I guess I've been lucky in that sense. 

22 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I haven't had any dashboard crashes in quite a while. Only time I experience it is if I leave the game logged in when I turn off the console and it will crash when I re-launch the game after the next boot up. Must just stem from some sort of time out issue, but it hasn't happened for me during a match in 2-3 months now.  I guess I've been lucky in that sense. 

Some people also never "quit" apps on Xbox, which leads to a lack of memory and causes some games to crash.

A lot of people use something like Netflix, hit "Home" and just start playing a game. I have a habit of quitting all apps when I'm done with them on Xbox, and I rarely ever dashboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know back in the day ,it used you dashboard a lot when you played the game .Now a days ,it is very rare to crash.

4 hours ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

I got the blue screen last night. It doesn't happen too often for me. I find I'm having to close the game and restart often because of 'Connection to Host' errors. Once I start receiving them, I have to restart or I'll just continue receiving the same error.

17 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Some people also never "quit" apps on Xbox, which leads to a lack of memory and causes some games to crash.

A lot of people use something like Netflix, hit "Home" and just start playing a game. I have a habit of quitting all apps when I'm done with them on Xbox, and I rarely ever dashboard.

Yeah, I was one of those people until Friday the 13th came out... Now I close every app when I use it just cause Friday got me into the habit. :D

19 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

That's exactly what I was talking about. It helps, but I still end up crashing eventually.