10 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Unspoken rule of boats, If its ready, if you're not there when it's leaving, it's gone.

My boats operate on a tight schedule, I don't have time to wait around for anyone not on the dock. I barely wait for them as it is.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

I guess if you really need the ego boost...

Lol. Ok. It's a video game. Most people play multiplayer video games for some friendly competition. As such, yes I generally try to survive when I'm a couselor and kill the counselors when I'm Jason. 

Not sure where you're getting the ego boost vibe.

9 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Ok. It's a video game. Most people play multiplayer video games for some friendly competition. As such, yes I generally try to survive when I'm a couselor and kill the counselors when I'm Jason. 

Not sure where you're getting the ego boost vibe.

Nothing wrong with that. I wasn't giving you shit for it. But you said the reward is bragging rights. Bragging rights = ego boost. What's the problem?

11 hours ago, Truth said:

You really never know what to expect from a quick play lobby, and that's the fun part to me.

That's like opening a box of Cracker Jacks in the old days.

10 hours ago, Truth said:

I generally try to pick people up, but it really depends on the lobby.

I think we've all been there at some point.

8 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Sounds like a pretty rough game. I never understood why some players just hide for the whole game.

I see a lot of newer players hiding the entire match. I only did it for my very first QP match. I survived that time. Every time after that, it was all about helping the "team".

6 hours ago, carnage4u said:

I find adults as bad as kids in QP. The bias on these forum against children is so odd. (I'm  an old man fyi)

You noticed that too?

6 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

It's mostly an ego thing, no grown adult that plays video games wants to get their ass handed to them by an 8 year old.

The only children that get to hand my ass to me is my own children.

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Unspoken rule of boats, If its ready, if you're not there when it's leaving, it's gone.

I already grab the popcorn.

Is that popcorn salted or unsalted? B)

22 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

*93.3Is that popcorn salted or unsalted? B)

I have no doubt that there will be plenty of salt for the popcorn if the right people show up.

Back to the OP, I don't stress too much when the other counselors aren't doing anything in QP. I just play my game and try to get stuff done. If I die, I die. If I escape, even better. If I'm forced to run out the clock, well that's just fucking annoying sometimes. 

7 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

In before DorionRo comments...

was lowkey scrolling waiting for dorito to comment.

• Haha 2

For the most part, I don't know if they expect to be "Carried" per say, but they are hesitant/afraid to put themselves at risk at any moment, thus don't want to take objective items, go to high traffic areas etc... they view immediate, short term survival as more important than actually making it out or living the full twenty. They take it one minute at a time, even as the odds Jason will find them go up and up and up. It's the equivalent of the characters in horror movies who are afraid to move or fight or do anything, and just say "no, no lets stay here until help arrives!" when to the heroes it is obvious that help isn't coming and some sort of plan needs to happen if anyone is going to have a chance.

Essentially, it's a lack of confidence... they would rather hang tight and prey Jason doesn't show up ever than do anything that might increase their odds of escape but also temporarily increase their odds of attracting jason because they have no confidence that they can deal with him if he shows up.

While this annoys me, I think it goes a long way in showing what this game is capable of. In essence, this game is a big social experiment; how will you play? Will you be a team player, or are you out for yourself? Are you willing to help anyone, or will you only help your friends? Or yourself?

I wish this dynamic was talked about more often. I see players who come back as Tommy try to help, and then I see other Tommy players try to escape by themselves as soon as they spawn in, helping NO ONE in the process.

The developers had this social dynamic in mind from the outset and, while I personally can’t stand players who don’t contribute, differing mindsets on how to play help to keep things fresh. You might know the map like the back of your hand, but even ONE player’s style could change how a game plays out.

I usually go out my way to steal the car. If i'm lucky enough to have both sets of keys i'll usually just wait for the player to run off and then i'll steal the car.  

That is the nature of Quick Play though. You cannot expect a game with a bigger objective system like F13th to have a playerbase with a proper knowledge base in QP. There are so many options for people to goof around with. And, let's be honest, it seems majority of people in QP play the game to goof around or simply did not learn to play properly yet.

Recently, I headed to the cabin with the Tommy radio tower, but then noticed 2 persons already entering it, so I went to another direction.

5 minutes later Tommy still hadn‘t been called, so I went back and called him. 

Noticed a lot of this lately...

20 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

I dont trust anyone in QP, Im just Chad and I try to find a good weapon as soon as possible and with that I try to distract Jason for the other counselors can repair, or I follow a fixer and protect him and help him to call the police when he repair the fuse box.

Sadly, you would be in the minority on this.  I've lost track of how many times I've had to re-loot a cabin after some doof had been through it and not marked an objective while simultaneously and inexplicably leaving the door wide open for pre-rage Jason to saunter in and slaughter everyone.

I don't trust anyone in QP.  I work my strategies as Our Lord and Savior Lachappa and do just fine on my own.  If I run into someone else actually doing their damn job, then I'll help, but more often than not, Buggzy will start following me around with his cement shoes and one-man band suit bringing Jason down on my head while I"m carrying a gas can across Packaknack.  

23 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Is it just me, or do people in Quick play matches expect to be carried? I was playing a QP match earlier this morning, and I was Shelly (who everyone knows has only 5 repair, not bad, but not good either).  Well Jason finds me relatively early (about 2 minutes in) i manage to evade him long enough for him to lose interest on me. I look at my map, see the only objective complete is calling Tommy.  Well I find the boat propeller, I go to the boat, I install it (with my bad repair) missing 0 skill checks.  Look again, only objective complete (Repair boat, replace propeller).

Moving on, I find the battery to the car, I go the car, no one is there, so I put in the battery, with only 1 missed skill check, but it draws in Jason.  I get to a house, grab a weapon, manage to fend off Jason long enough to lose him. Again look at the objectives, nothing else completed but what I had done. I find the gas, I look at the map, see the gas marked, and i make my way there, i grab the gas, go back to the car, put it in, I don't have keys, so I leave to look for them, I find gas, and I look and see the car moving, it escapes, 1 player escaped in the car by themselves (Some vanessa player). 

I just shake my head, I find the phone fuse is now marked (The vanessa had it and escaped with it) so I trudge down the phone fuse, go looking for the phone house, look at my map to see if Jason was near me, and I see the boat moving, then stopped and one person marked with "Drowned".  Someone stole the boat out from under me, by themselves.  Well Jason morphs to the phone house, I put up a fight, and wind up dying, as soon as I get to the spectate screen, I look and see Tommy Crouched down in the corner of a building, I see an AJ under a bed, and I see a tiffany just running around.  The cops not called ,nothing, and the fuse is with my body at the phone house next to the box.

Needless to say, match ends. Vanessa was the only escape, by herself, with the car I fixed, just because she had the keys.  And this is just an example match, I was playing as Shelly of all people, and I did 3/4ths of the completed objectives, the only reason that vanessa escaped was because of me. 

Quick play seems to be cancer, everyone looks out for themselves, they mark parts, won't even transport them, they will lead Jason to you, the Tommys are worthless 90% of the time.  Its like, seriously what is the fun of playing a game where you literally do nothing the entire time besides run cabin to cabin speed looting for a pocket knife, then hiding?

Try explaining to randoms how to press "X" to kill Jason. Pain in the ass and I'm lucky if they're in game chat 

5 hours ago, Survival said:

And, let's be honest, it seems majority of people in QP play the game to goof around or simply did not learn to play properly yet.

Meh, there is no real "proper" way to play. There are definitely dickhead moves you can make that will lower the survival chances of other players, but it's not the wrong way to play. Unless you are hunting other counselors with a car, I hate that.  

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

Try explaining to randoms how to press "X" to kill Jason. Pain in the ass and I'm lucky if they're in game chat 

Just be proud of the fact you got them that far into the kill lol

I have more trouble getting them to pick up the machete/axe than actually killing him. Even when I drop it in front of them...

Made an account just to vent about this.  I play on PS4 and don't have any friends that play this. I've found the QP lobbies to be really frustrating.  80% of the time, I'm in a lobby with kids just trying to kill Jason.  I'll get the batteries and gas for the cars but can never find keys. I'll be like "hey, who has keys??". I'll get no response and then I'll see one of those kids die and drop the key. Really frustrating and confusing stuff. 

16 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

Made an account just to vent about this.  I play on PS4 and don't have any friends that play this. I've found the QP lobbies to be really frustrating.  80% of the time, I'm in a lobby with kids just trying to kill Jason.  I'll get the batteries and gas for the cars but can never find keys. I'll be like "hey, who has keys??". I'll get no response and then I'll see one of those kids die and drop the key. Really frustrating and confusing stuff. 

Frustrating? yes. Confusing? Not too sure. There is a group of people on these forums who do play together though I am sure you can join one of them. I am on PS4 as well you can always join a game I am in, but it is always QP. PSN MRWood204

QP will always be a grab bag of players, it's why I enjoy it more. It can feel really frustrating like in the example you provided, or can feel really rewarding when you escape with complete strangers.

27 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

@HTMLRulezdOOd1 - First, welcome to the forums!

Upon arrival here at the forums, one's first stop should be to quickly look over the forum rules, found here:

http://forum.f13game.com/forum/4-rules-regulations/

Next, please tell us a bit about yourself by creating a new thread in the "Introduce Yourself" section:

http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

At that point, you are encouraged to begin posting and commenting. 

To address your concern, I highly recommend visiting the Gamertag thread and posting your info. There, you can find many other PS4 players (like myself!) who would be happy to play private matches with you.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/553-gamer-tags-for-f13/

We're glad your here! Enjoy the forums!
- Skunk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truth said:

I have more trouble getting them to pick up the machete/axe than actually killing him. Even when I drop it in front of them...

That would mean they'd have to drop the shotgun and someone else might get to fire it off for no good reason.

8 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

QP will always be a grab bag of players, it's why I enjoy it more. It can feel really frustrating like in the example you provided, or can feel really rewarding when you escape with complete strangers

That's what I like about QP, you knever know how things are going to shake out. I just try to play my game and do my part to escape. Since I started playing random counselors it means that sometimes my part is to sneak around and make repairs if I'm Deborah, and when I'm Bugsy my part is to find Jason and beat on him so the others can make their escape.

More often than not my attempts are met with people hiding the fuse, or hiding in closets. But that's ok because once in a while you find a group that is trying for the same objectives I am and 5 of us survive the night.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

That would mean they'd have to drop the shotgun and someone else might get to fire it off for no good reason.

I don't understand why so many people take the shotgun over other weapons. Sure, it's a guaranteed stun and you don't have to be very close, but it's only 1 shot. I always go for a bat or axe over the shotgun, no matter what counselor I'm using.

23 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Frustrating? yes. Confusing? Not too sure. There is a group of people on these forums who do play together though I am sure you can join one of them. I am on PS4 as well you can always join a game I am in, but it is always QP. PSN MRWood204

QP will always be a grab bag of players, it's why I enjoy it more. It can feel really frustrating like in the example you provided, or can feel really rewarding when you escape with complete strangers.

It's confusing in the aspect that I'm trying to escape while they're off trying to kill Jason lol. They have no plans to escape, yet hold on to key items.  I've also ran into the parties that help jason. That's infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't understand why so many people take the shotgun over other weapons. Sure, it's a guaranteed stun and you don't have to be very close, but it's only 1 shot. I always go for a bat or axe over the shotgun, no matter what counselor I'm using.

I think it has to do with a lot of people just trying to survive the immediate threat, and not thinking long term.

It's a trade off really. The shotgun gives you a good ranged attack that lets you avoid getting grabbed, where missing a swing with a bat and no pocketknife is likely to get you grabbed.

The shotgun or flareguns is a slightly better option for slow counselors sometimes, because it allows them to maintain the distance from Jason and hold their stamina. But for me that only really works if there is a cabin nearby. If I'm out in the open it doesn't matter because I have no where to run and I'm defenseless after that 1 shot.

For me it's pretty scary to be in the open with Jason chasing you and knowing that all I have is 1 shot with the gun. I'd rather take my chances with a bat or a wrench and have the chance to wack him more than once. I'm also not afraid of missing a swing and getting killed because I know there will be another game starting up soon, and I'll get a chance to try again.

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

I take battery, gas and propeller over shotgun or any weapon

12 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

It's confusing in the aspect that I'm trying to escape while they're off trying to kill Jason lol. They have no plans to escape, yet hold on to key items.  I've also ran into the parties that help jason. That's infuriating. 

Yeah that's QP