26 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Its speed looting.

Raid cabins for first aid or pocket knives, try to dick off for 20 minutes and if you know your gonna die, ragequit.

All the more reason why something's gotta give.

1. Rage needs a big buff

Or

2. Give Jason ALL his abilities minus Rage to start, instead of handicapping his early game for literally no reason

Or

3. Make the timer be an enemy for Counselor like it is for Jason.

is that supposed to fix ragequits? hahahaha

The joys of QP

I help those who help me if there not helping and I'm repairing and finding parts and doing everything by myself and nothing is done besides what I did then they get left behind 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

1: No.

2: No.

3: It already is. There's no benefit to surviving the whole 20 minutes.

Of course there is a benefit to surviving the night. You have bragging rights over the Jason for that match.

35 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Of course there is a benefit to surviving the night. You have bragging rights over the Jason for that match.

I guess if you really need the ego boost...

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

I guess if you really need the ego boost...

If I'm Jason I never feel like I lost if someone runs the clock. In my mind the sun hasn't come up and the authorities haven't swarmed the camp, so the night really isn't over yet.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

If I'm Jason I never feel like I lost if someone runs the clock. In my mind the sun hasn't come up and the authorities haven't swarmed the camp, so the night really isn't over yet.

but in reality when the time is up Jason goes to sleep very tired and counselors live happily forever and they escape the next morning

1 minute ago, UlfKarl said:

but in reality when the time is up Jason goes to sleep very tired and counselors live happily forever and they escape the next morning

That's YOUR reality not mine.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

My point is, you don't get anything extra for surviving the night. There's no xp bonus. All you get is 1 step closer to the badge. There's no "reward" for doing it and there's no penalty for allowing someone to survive. It doesn't work against anybody. As a counselor, you have 20 minutes to escape. As Jason, you have 20 minutes to kill as many counselors as you can and prevent their escape.
In my opinion, I won (as Jason) if nobody was able to escape. Sure, I missed out on some kills, but they still were not able to get away from me.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

In my opinion, I won (as Jason) if nobody was able to escape. Sure, I missed out on some kills, but they still were not able to get away from me.

I agree

You get points per minute survived i believe(10pts per min?), so if you can out run for last 5 mins, can earn another 50pts.. up to you if worth it or not. I use that time to perfect my running to use on early encounters in other matches where Jason is on me before I get out of first cabin. I still need a lot of work.. haha

I find it's worse at certain times of day, usually when there's a load of children on, it's squeaky time and the matches resemble children running around high on sunny D and amphetamine with a whole load of nothing getting done.

I find adults as bad as kids in QP. The bias on these forum against children is so odd. (I'm  an old man fyi)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

I find adults as bad as kids in QP. The bias on these forum against children is so odd. (I'm  an old man fyi)

Agreed. I've ran into just as many kids as I have adults that have earned the mute function.

6 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

It's mostly an ego thing, no grown adult that plays video games wants to get their ass handed to them by an 8 year old.

18 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

no grown adult that plays video games wants to get their ass handed to them by an 8 year old

Ah, but if they DON'T play video games -- then let the ass-handing BEGIN!

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

You get points per minute survived i believe(10pts per min?), so if you can out run for last 5 mins, can earn another 50pts.. up to you if worth it or not. I use that time to perfect my running to use on early encounters in other matches where Jason is on me before I get out of first cabin. I still need a lot of work.. haha

Yes, but is that 50xp (5cp) worth holding up the lobby for an extra 5 minutes? I'd rather get on to the next match. You'll have plenty of time to get the 50xp you missed out on.

Edit: I do understand doing it, just keep in mind not everyone wants to sit there and watch you run around for 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Yup. It's a big old pain in the butt. They don't even bother to pick things up (gas etc.) just to mark them on the map for someone else to collect. Even worse when an AJ or Adam point blank refuse to help Jenny fix the car because they don't wanna drop their precious weapons. :/

It’s even worse when you fix the car BY YOURSELF with Tiffany and some asshole has the keys and takes off without you. One time somebody did that and Jason immediately morphed and stopped the car and killed him (it was a Buggzy) so me being petty started dancing and teabagging him while he was being killed by Jason, shouldn’t have taken my perfectly fixed car and try to leave me. In my experience QP can have people who know what they are doing without mics and still wind up killing Jason but that is few and far between. I’ve been screwed over by Deborah and Buggzy more times then I can count and it always seems like Tommy Jarvis and Shelly follow me like lost puppies.

4 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

is that supposed to fix ragequits? hahahaha

The timer is never going to be a counselors enemy if they keep juking Jason, it is less time they have to survive as a counselor...there is no way around that. I’m all for slight buffs for Jason or reworking counselor gameplay but giving Jason all his abilities is you just wanting a cakewalk. He starts off very slow, he gets shift within five minutes how much more do you want? Switch stalk with sense or make stalk a passive ability and give him another ability but not EVERY ability should be used at the start. That is plain out wanting the game being handed to you and it is not fair for the counselor that starts near the phone house. How about let’s just give Jason his rage at the start of the match and once he sees a counselor they can’t move and they automatically die when Jason touches then? Is that what you want?

7 hours ago, lazerus_86 said:

Is it just me, or do people in Quick play matches expect to be carried? I was playing a QP match earlier this morning, and I was Shelly (who everyone knows has only 5 repair, not bad, but not good either).  Well Jason finds me relatively early (about 2 minutes in) i manage to evade him long enough for him to lose interest on me. I look at my map, see the only objective complete is calling Tommy.  Well I find the boat propeller, I go to the boat, I install it (with my bad repair) missing 0 skill checks.  Look again, only objective complete (Repair boat, replace propeller).

Moving on, I find the battery to the car, I go the car, no one is there, so I put in the battery, with only 1 missed skill check, but it draws in Jason.  I get to a house, grab a weapon, manage to fend off Jason long enough to lose him. Again look at the objectives, nothing else completed but what I had done. I find the gas, I look at the map, see the gas marked, and i make my way there, i grab the gas, go back to the car, put it in, I don't have keys, so I leave to look for them, I find gas, and I look and see the car moving, it escapes, 1 player escaped in the car by themselves (Some vanessa player). 

Bolded shows the learning experience part. You had the boat ready. If nobody else is helping (And by looking at the map, you can tell if people are hiding/not moving) you should have tried to get out alone on the boat. In QP, look out for yourself unless you know the others, or if they show a willingness to help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carnage4u said:

Yes, but I find the trash-talking children to be mildly more irritating than the adults who do so. 

True, adults should be old enough to know better -- but children should not be there in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Bolded shows the learning experience part. You had the boat ready. If nobody else is helping (And by looking at the map, you can tell if people are hiding/not moving) you should have tried to get out alone on the boat. In QP, look out for yourself unless you know the others, or if they show a willingness to help. 

Unspoken rule of boats, If its ready, if you're not there when it's leaving, it's gone.

2 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

In before DorionRo comments...

I already grab the popcorn.

8 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Unspoken rule of boats, If its ready, if you're not there when it's leaving, it's gone.

I already grab the popcorn.

Infuckingdeed. We have a guy we refer to as the "Admiral" because he'll sneak a boat out regardless of the circumstances. 

4 hours ago, Truth said:

that's when I run up to Jason, drop my knife and weapon, and accept my fate. No point in dragging out the match.

I've done this too. 

6 hours ago, MyNameisJason said:

Sorry for double post but if I’m Chad and I fixed everything myself and nobody has made an effort to assist or complete any other objectives... than I’ll just take the four seater by myself to the exit and they can figure out how to survive. Can’t say how many times I’ve repaired the phone and than of course everyone stops trying to repair anything. They either camp the exits or just wait out the timer. I’ve started to stop fixing the fuse box anymore just to watch people squirm. They don’t do anything and expect a free ride out or don’t think twice about leaving on their own when you fix an objective so let them duke it out themselves. :chadwut:s for the win!!

It's pretty bad when The Chad has to lead the charge. As a Chad, I agree with you. 

@lazerus_86 yes many of the players in QP seem entitled. They want help, yet won't give it. Numerous times I save someone just for them to leave me to die. Then I get to watch them die very shortly after that.