Is it just me, or do people in Quick play matches expect to be carried? I was playing a QP match earlier this morning, and I was Shelly (who everyone knows has only 5 repair, not bad, but not good either).  Well Jason finds me relatively early (about 2 minutes in) i manage to evade him long enough for him to lose interest on me. I look at my map, see the only objective complete is calling Tommy.  Well I find the boat propeller, I go to the boat, I install it (with my bad repair) missing 0 skill checks.  Look again, only objective complete (Repair boat, replace propeller).

Moving on, I find the battery to the car, I go the car, no one is there, so I put in the battery, with only 1 missed skill check, but it draws in Jason.  I get to a house, grab a weapon, manage to fend off Jason long enough to lose him. Again look at the objectives, nothing else completed but what I had done. I find the gas, I look at the map, see the gas marked, and i make my way there, i grab the gas, go back to the car, put it in, I don't have keys, so I leave to look for them, I find gas, and I look and see the car moving, it escapes, 1 player escaped in the car by themselves (Some vanessa player). 

I just shake my head, I find the phone fuse is now marked (The vanessa had it and escaped with it) so I trudge down the phone fuse, go looking for the phone house, look at my map to see if Jason was near me, and I see the boat moving, then stopped and one person marked with "Drowned".  Someone stole the boat out from under me, by themselves.  Well Jason morphs to the phone house, I put up a fight, and wind up dying, as soon as I get to the spectate screen, I look and see Tommy Crouched down in the corner of a building, I see an AJ under a bed, and I see a tiffany just running around.  The cops not called ,nothing, and the fuse is with my body at the phone house next to the box.

Needless to say, match ends. Vanessa was the only escape, by herself, with the car I fixed, just because she had the keys.  And this is just an example match, I was playing as Shelly of all people, and I did 3/4ths of the completed objectives, the only reason that vanessa escaped was because of me. 

Quick play seems to be cancer, everyone looks out for themselves, they mark parts, won't even transport them, they will lead Jason to you, the Tommys are worthless 90% of the time.  Its like, seriously what is the fun of playing a game where you literally do nothing the entire time besides run cabin to cabin speed looting for a pocket knife, then hiding?

• Like 2

I've had plenty of matches where I alone completed EVERYTHING. Quick play is not where you go for team play. That's where you go if you just want the most random assortment of games. You really never know what to expect from a quick play lobby, and that's the fun part to me.

• Like 4

That's why I have zero qualms about making some roadkill in QP. If you don't contribute, then you're worthless to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Many QP games a portion of the players aren't working together.  Some maps I have bad luck and will search 6 to 8 buildings. Find nothing. Look at the map and see Nothing has been done, and no items on the map and just wonder what is going on. I just don't know if other players are taking stuff to vehicles or not even looking.

I do think most games have some number of players trying to help. Sometimes some of them get unlucky and die early, or just have bad luck finding things.

I'm lucky if anyone else in QP even calls Tommy.

Between the lack of objectives being completed and doors being left wide open with the cabins half-searched, it's hard to get anything done.

The way that match was going, if I wanted to kill Jason, i would have had to figure out a way to be Tommy and Sweater girl at the same time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I'm lucky if anyone else in QP even calls Tommy.

This is so annoying in QP. I get if the power has been cut and you don't know where the box is, but sometimes I just see counselors run through the cabin without even looking.

@lazerus_86 I wouldn't blame the Vanessa for leaving, I wasn't part of the game, but if I was, and I came upon a fixed car with a set of keys and its late enough into the match, I'm taking that car out.

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

@lazerus_86 I wouldn't blame the Vanessa for leaving, I wasn't part of the game, but if I was, and I came upon a fixed car with a set of keys and its late enough into the match, I'm taking that car out.

And i will think you are a dick like the Vanessa was, if you leave by yourself, with others on the map, and you did Jack shit to fix the car, you are the toxic players in the community that ruins the game.

34 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

Is it just me, or do people in Quick play matches expect to be carried? I was playing a QP match earlier this morning, and I was Shelly (who everyone knows has only 5 repair, not bad, but not good either).  Well Jason finds me relatively early (about 2 minutes in) i manage to evade him long enough for him to lose interest on me. I look at my map, see the only objective complete is calling Tommy.  Well I find the boat propeller, I go to the boat, I install it (with my bad repair) missing 0 skill checks.  Look again, only objective complete (Repair boat, replace propeller).

Moving on, I find the battery to the car, I go the car, no one is there, so I put in the battery, with only 1 missed skill check, but it draws in Jason.  I get to a house, grab a weapon, manage to fend off Jason long enough to lose him. Again look at the objectives, nothing else completed but what I had done. I find the gas, I look at the map, see the gas marked, and i make my way there, i grab the gas, go back to the car, put it in, I don't have keys, so I leave to look for them, I find gas, and I look and see the car moving, it escapes, 1 player escaped in the car by themselves (Some vanessa player). 

I just shake my head, I find the phone fuse is now marked (The vanessa had it and escaped with it) so I trudge down the phone fuse, go looking for the phone house, look at my map to see if Jason was near me, and I see the boat moving, then stopped and one person marked with "Drowned".  Someone stole the boat out from under me, by themselves.  Well Jason morphs to the phone house, I put up a fight, and wind up dying, as soon as I get to the spectate screen, I look and see Tommy Crouched down in the corner of a building, I see an AJ under a bed, and I see a tiffany just running around.  The cops not called ,nothing, and the fuse is with my body at the phone house next to the box.

Needless to say, match ends. Vanessa was the only escape, by herself, with the car I fixed, just because she had the keys.  And this is just an example match, I was playing as Shelly of all people, and I did 3/4ths of the completed objectives, the only reason that vanessa escaped was because of me. 

Quick play seems to be cancer, everyone looks out for themselves, they mark parts, won't even transport them, they will lead Jason to you, the Tommys are worthless 90% of the time.  Its like, seriously what is the fun of playing a game where you literally do nothing the entire time besides run cabin to cabin speed looting for a pocket knife, then hiding?

Story of my life, this happens all the time. As others have said this is how quick match plays the majority of the time. 

I cant count the number of times I have done literally everything as Chad from one match to the next. Tommy’s that don’t do anything or attempt to escape as soon as possible. Some even carry the fuse or objective parts with them. Repair characters that hide all match. Hell, I have had just as many matches where Jason had blinders on and I give him the run around for 10-15 minutes and not a single person has fixed anything. Most of the time all of the other counselor’s are huddle together in the same cabin with Tommy lol. 

I may get frustrated some times but it doesn’t really bother me as much as it used to. I like to play cat and mouse with Jason to test my metal each match. Sadly, many Jason’s are extremely bad and can barely catch a LaChappa. 

5 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

And i will think you are a dick like the Vanessa was, if you leave by yourself, with others on the map, and you did Jack shit to fix the car, you are the toxic players in the community that ruins the game.

Sorry for double post but if I’m Chad and I fixed everything myself and nobody has made an effort to assist or complete any other objectives... than I’ll just take the four seater by myself to the exit and they can figure out how to survive. Can’t say how many times I’ve repaired the phone and than of course everyone stops trying to repair anything. They either camp the exits or just wait out the timer. I’ve started to stop fixing the fuse box anymore just to watch people squirm. They don’t do anything and expect a free ride out or don’t think twice about leaving on their own when you fix an objective so let them duke it out themselves. :chadwut:s for the win!!

5 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

A dick? maybe if I drove past you with no Jason in sight and didn't stop. A toxic player who is ruining the game? I think you are a little off there, but everyone has their own definition of toxic I guess. Would nobody be able to escape using any of the objectives because you were fixing them all?

Fixing objectives doesn't guarantee you a spot. It's QP, so I am assuming there was no communication going on.

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

maybe if I drove past you with no Jason in sight and didn't stop.

I think that was the assumption.

I generally try to pick people up, but it really depends on the lobby. If I pull up to a cabin and they show no interest in hopping out and getting into the car, they're getting left behind. If I see a player that I know wasn't doing shit the whole match, they're probably getting left behind. If I see someone that I know was trolling/helping Jason, they're getting run over.

• Like 1

I came back as Tommy, used my pocket knife on the phone trap, called the cops, fixed the 4 seater all by my self. Was telling people to meet me on the main road, except all I heard was people screaming at Jason, and running around in circles juking Jason. Jason finally morphed to me, and I continued juking Jason in the car, stalling him, so the cops would arrive and everyone could escape by cops. No one even tried coming towards the road, I eventually left once the cops arrived. In the lobby the players where still not at the cop exit, even though I bought them 5 minutes to go from Blair’s to the exit. Of course they died, cause their stupid, and didn’t even try to escape.

Once the game ended these lazy assholes continued to say I was a terrible Toxic Tommy, and I should of saved them. Why did I leave? Where was I? Even though I called the cops. I told them to meet me by the road, so I could pick them up, when they didn’t  I distracted Jason and bought them time to get to the police exit.  What more could I have done. Give these assholes a piggyback to the exit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Truth said:

I've had plenty of matches where I alone completed EVERYTHING. Quick play is not where you go for team play. That's where you go if you just want the most random assortment of games. You really never know what to expect from a quick play lobby, and that's the fun part to me.

This is what it came to after a certain point for me, too. Never knowing what kind of team you're gonna get in QP became part of the appeal. But I often do end up single handedly repairing objectives while a bad Jason chases someone for a few minutes.

I've gotten to a point where I can survive pretty much most rounds. I used to die quite a bit and just didn't care as long as I got some stuff done. Now I just don't die much lol. The only time I'll usually die is in a scenario where I'm the only one left and the cops haven't been called yet, car is trapped, and Jason is good enough to not get looped til time runs out.

If I put in battery and gas, and go off searching for keys, I'm constantly checking the map for anyone running over to the car. I've had a guy run right past me with keys and say absolutely nothing, get in and leave. Not even a flashlight flicker...

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

If I put in battery and gas, and go off searching for keys, I'm constantly checking the map for anyone running over to the car. I've had a guy run right past me with keys and say absolutely nothing, get in and leave. Not even a flashlight flicker...

With any objective I find, I'll usually pick it up and drop it a few times near someone to let them know what I'm doing or that they should get by the phone. Tends to work pretty well, but I've never seen anyone else do it...

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I've gotten to a point where I can survive pretty much most rounds. I used to die quite a bit and just didn't care as long as I got some stuff done. Now I just don't die much lol.

I die fairly often because I like to play casually. I'm not really interested in the xp anymore, just boat escapes and playing as Tommy. If I'm not a smart counselor, I tend to get bored during the match and end up looking for Jason just for some action. I'll ferry parts over as I find them, but if there's no boat or Tommy has already spawned, I have nothing to do but hack away at Jason and hope I can get someone to kill him.

Its speed looting.

Raid cabins for first aid or pocket knives, try to dick off for 20 minutes and if you know your gonna die, ragequit.

All the more reason why something's gotta give.

1. Rage needs a big buff

Or

2. Give Jason ALL his abilities minus Rage to start, instead of handicapping his early game for literally no reason

Or

3. Make the timer be an enemy for Counselor like it is for Jason.

12 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

1. Rage needs a big buff

Or

2. Give Jason ALL his abilities minus Rage to start, instead of handicapping his early game for literally no reason

Or

3. Make the timer be an enemy for Counselor like it is for Jason

1: No.

2: No.

3: It already is. There's no benefit to surviving the whole 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

This is what it came to after a certain point for me, too. Never knowing what kind of team you're gonna get in QP became part of the appeal. But I often do end up single handedly repairing objectives while a bad Jason chases someone for a few minutes.

I've gotten to a point where I can survive pretty much most rounds. I used to die quite a bit and just didn't care as long as I got some stuff done. Now I just don't die much lol. The only time I'll usually die is in a scenario where I'm the only one left and the cops haven't been called yet, car is trapped, and Jason is good enough to not get looped til time runs out.

The moment you realize everybody’s dead, nothing has been fixed, and Jason has skills 🙀💩.

Just now, MyNameisJason said:

The moment you realize everybody’s dead, nothing has been fixed, and Jason has skills 🙀💩.

that's when I run up to Jason, drop my knife and weapon, and accept my fate. No point in dragging out the match.

I run the clock out most matches. Now it’s just become boring. Instead of sticking around to help complete all the objectives and call the police I tend to escape early. However, than I become bored out of my mind waiting for everyone else to die or escape. Very few put on a good show so I find myself flip flopping between running the clock out and flat out escaping. At least I make it interesting for those spectating rather than hide under a bed for  20 minutes (I’m not saying that you do that I’m just speaking in general). 

Just now, MyNameisJason said:

At least I make it interesting for those spectating rather than hide under a bed for  20 minutes (I’m not saying that you do that I’m just speaking in general). 

No, that annoys the shit out of me. I guess it really depends on the Jason. If he's been a douche I might just fuck with him for a while. But if he's a low level or just really bad, I don't mind letting him have the kill. I don't need the xp so escaping doesn't matter very much. Like I said before, if there's no boat and Tommy has spawned in (the last 2 badges I need), I have nothing to do but attack Jason and hope someone else kills him. Once that option has been taken away, I'd might as well just die.

I dont trust anyone in QP, Im just Chad and I try to find a good weapon as soon as possible and with that I try to distract Jason for the other counselors can repair, or I follow a fixer and protect him and help him to call the police when he repair the fuse box.

Sounds like a pretty rough game. I never understood why some players just hide for the whole game. I can understand doing it if Jasons after you, or if he's outside your cabin, maybe next door after someone else, but the whole match for 20 minutes? I suppose it's possible that some people do it if they have to go do something for a few minutes while they're away from the game, heck, even I'll admit to doing that.