Today I was about to kill Jason in an epic match, Im almost never tommy Jarvis, and today I was selected to be him, after demasking Jason the guy with the sweater did his job, so it was my turn I put him on his knees and the icon of the key "e" appeared, so I pressed e and nothing happened, I pressed many many times I was very close to him, even I tried from all sides it was like if I pressed nothing, are the devs aware of this annoying bug?  Sadly I dont have a proof, I dont usually record my games. Anyone else have had the same bug?

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Yeah it doesn't always work

in that video when he is on his knees he is moving like walking, but in my case he didnt even move, anyway this is a proof that the system is too glitchy and clunky, needs a lot of work, also the hit detection for both Jason and counselors is so shitty, but this is offtopic

Both of these are pretty common bugs, and while the sliding-around-on-knees thing is newer (last couple patches) the occasional non-interactive "E" for Tommy has been present since day one. If possible, make sure you're in a wide open area and away from trees, stumps, buildings, etc. They do not always interfere, but sometimes they do.

Posted (edited)

_

Edited by Hal Bailman
Wrong topic please delete :D

The Jason kill bugs have been present on PS4 as well.  Have had three failed attempts recently due to issues like this.  X prompt there, but not working, etc. 

I would say of my kill attempts at least a good 60% have been ruined by the sweater not working or the x prompt not working.

Obviously not very scientific. But I believe it's a reasonable estimate.

Also, it sucks.

Yesterday, same here on PS4: sweater was activated, my Tommy then couldn‘t finish him. I couldn‘t slash with the machete, after Sweater function was over, it was back to normal, but too late.

It will almost always bug if Tommy goes for the stun as well as the kill or if two people try stunning Jason or if you stun Jason too fast. If Tommy knocks him to his knees, it usually activates the knee sliding glitch, if two people atun Jason, it will usually activate the no 'X' or 'E' prompt glitch, and if you hit him to early, he won't fall to his knees usually because of slower/faster ping  not registering the hit. Also, don't try sweater stunning shortly after stunning him with a PK, firecrackers, a gun, or a weapon. Do it at least 5-6 seconds after any given stun.

Make sure sweater girl has a bat and that no one else is around, you only need Tommy and a sweater girl. You can cancel the lag of you stunning Jason with the sweater by pressing R2/RT, just don't stun Jason too soon or late, then Tommy should have no issues with the prompt.

I know it's a hassle, but the whole damn game is a hassle lol.

8 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Both of these are pretty common bugs, and while the sliding-around-on-knees thing is newer (last couple patches) the occasional non-interactive "E" for Tommy has been present since day one. If possible, make sure you're in a wide open area and away from trees, stumps, buildings, etc. They do not always interfere, but sometimes they do.

I thought the sliding was just from them trying to shift just before the stun. I saw this happen last night and the guy said he had just gone into shift. 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I thought the sliding was just from them trying to shift just before the stun. I saw this happen last night and the guy said he had just gone into shift. 

I don't think so, because in the video I never used shift, I never even touched R1 to try any ability. The only thing I did was spam X when she used the sweater.

I love seeing Jason killers fail.. :D

Ya.. i was that kid who Cheered on Jason in the movies when i was younger.  lol

18 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I don't think so, because in the video I never used shift, I never even touched R1 to try any ability. The only thing I did was spam X when she used the sweater.

Guess I should've watched that before commenting lol

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I love seeing Jason killers fail.. :D

Ya.. i was that kid who Cheered on Jason in the movies when i was younger.  lol

I don't mind failing. I mind failing when it's due to a glitch. Just kind of lame.

7 hours ago, Truth said:

While correlation is obviously not causation, I've generally encountered the sliding on knees bug when killing near buildings or trees. Hence my suspicion it's space-related, like many other kill animation activation issues.

As I don't know the precise cause, I cannot say shift isn't involved, but generally I see shift do something different: Jason shifts away and vanishes during the sweater stun, but as soon as he reappears the next hit stuns him to his knees and enables the activation prompt for Tommy. I would say that only the Devs truly know what's going on with all this crap, but obviously they're at least as clueless as we are about how the game actually works.

Am I wrong in thinking Tommy has to be Infront of Jason and facing him to get the prompt for the kill?

A few of the times that I escaped getting killed Tommy was usually off to one side and or I was facing a wall or other object when I was stunned. Other times Tommy seemed like he was too far away, but may have just not known what to do.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

While correlation is obviously not causation, I've generally encountered the sliding on knees bug when killing near buildings or trees

In the video above, he looks to be clear of any obstructions. I remember another time it happened Jason was coming down the hill by Packanack. I assumed that case was because of the hill.

I'm thinking it's similar to the "vacuum" interactions with drawers and such. When Tommy hits the button, it kind of pulls them together for the animation, causing him to slide. That's fine, but the issue is that he doesn't stop sliding. That's the simplest explanation I can think of.

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

In the video above, he looks to be clear of any obstructions. I remember another time it happened Jason was coming down the hill by Packanack. I assumed that case was because of the hill.

I'm thinking it's similar to the "vacuum" interactions with drawers and such. When Tommy hits the button, it kind of pulls them together for the animation, causing him to slide. That's fine, but the issue is that he doesn't stop sliding. That's the simplest explanation I can think of.

I think what happened in the video was caused by bad timing. I think she waited to long to hit me and because I was mashing X to get out of the stun, when she did hit me I had mashed X enough so that I was free of the sweater stun at the same time she hit me. This confused the game and it dropped me to my knees but allowed me to move free of the sweater stun.