Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JasonWhorehees

Why does everybody like packanack so much?

Recommended Posts

I think they did a great job recreating the location...but yeah, it's selection is a bit "too much" and I do get sick and tired of the map. It's become very predictable how everything pans out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packanack Small and Higgins Small are maps in favor of counselors. Similar to how Jarvis House and Pinehurst are in favor of Jason. Lots of hosts pick Packanack Small for that reason.

Ironically, I had a host who picked that map, ended up getting Jason, and quit the moment they heard we called the cops since we used a knife on the trap while they were on people trying to repair the 4 seater, since we knew they wouldn't check Jason's map midway through chasing the people at the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Packanack Small and Higgins Small are maps in favor of counselors. Similar to how Jarvis House and Pinehurst are in favor of Jason. Lots of hosts pick Packanack Small for that reason.

Ironically, I had a host who picked that map, ended up getting Jason, and quit the moment they heard we called the cops since we used a knife on the trap while they were on people trying to repair the 4 seater, since we knew they wouldn't check Jason's map midway through chasing the people at the car.

I think Packanack Small only really favours players who have been around a while, counselor or Jason. I see no one side having the upper hand if both sides are experienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

I think Packanack Small only really favours players who have been around a while, counselor or Jason. I see no one side having the upper hand if both sides are experienced.

It'a more dependant on whether or not the phone spawns at the main house and where objectives spawn in general. If they are spread apart, expect any good counselors to eat your traps, repair multiple objectives, and make covering all of your bases as Jason super difficult.

If you get the phone at the boathouse, a car at Packanack, and a car by the beach, you're at a disadvantage. If you get a car by the boathouse/Jason's Shack, a car by the beach and the phone up the road from packanack at the cabin with a bathroom, you're at a disadvantage. If you get a car and the phone at Packanack, and thenother car is by the beach, it is easier.

7 top level counselors focused on escaping primarily will usually body Jason on that map unless you get really luck with where objectives spawn.

I can agree that Jason can do damage against less experienced cousnelors on that map though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Pack Small because of it's Layout of the Cabins, Three in the bottom, A Few here and there, And a Bunch of cabins going down the Main Road, And the Pack Lodge is also my favorite Main House of Death (Mostly because I can dance to the radio, Also why I love Higgins so much)

 

12 hours ago, Nougat said:

Packanack Small and Higgins Small are maps in favor of counselors. Similar to how Jarvis House and Pinehurst are in favor of Jason. Lots of hosts pick Packanack Small for that reason.

Ironically, I had a host who picked that map, ended up getting Jason, and quit the moment they heard we called the cops since we used a knife on the trap while they were on people trying to repair the 4 seater, since we knew they wouldn't check Jason's map midway through chasing the people at the car.

I mean while Pinehurst Does indeed Favor Jason way more than Counselors (Why the hell is the propeller on the third freaking island when the Boat is near the Main Lodge?!)

I have to Disagree on Jarvis House, Before Jason even comes to kill you, You can A. Easily repair the Boat B. Repair the Car, The only problem with Jarvis is the phone being in god knows where, But the car spawns in Jarvis House are really nice, I actually love those Spawn Points, Also escaping Jason in the boat is Easier for a Reason, You have Island to park The boat on if You know Jason is coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nougat

I got my ass kicked in a private lobby full of experienced counselors on Packanack but nothing close to that in Quick Play. That said, I think a highly skilled group if counselors could kick my ass on any map. If a group of counselors works together, as in all 7, they're unstoppable for the average or even above average player on any map.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bewareofbears said:

@Nougat

I got my ass kicked in a private lobby full of experienced counselors on Packanack but nothing close to that in Quick Play. That said, I think a highly skilled group if counselors could kick my ass on any map. If a group of counselors works together, as in all 7, they're unstoppable for the average or even above average player on any map.

I agree with this statement as well. I am just saying it would even easier for those 7 on maps like Packanack Small and Higgins Small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nougat said:

I agree with this statement as well. I am just saying it would even easier for those 7 on maps like Packanack Small and Higgins Small.

Agreed. The smaller the map, the less travel time for the counselors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Crystal Lake Small it is typically in the middle of the road where no immediate cabin or anything is. And has one long exit. I think that one favors Jason. May agree with you on Higgins Small though.

South Shack on Crystal Small is "kinda" dangerous, but its still a cake walk compared to most locations on Big maps.  Higgens Small can be dangerous though against smart Jasons since the entrance is "funneled" though the broken gates.  By Far Higgens Large is the most dangerous, because of the "natural defense" of the south shack location :lol:.  Its the only map I care to locate a Shotgun  -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

(Why the hell is the propeller on the third freaking island when the Boat is near the Main Lodge?!)

That's the way it should be.
Before the last update the propeller was always in the closest cabin to the boat.
Too easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JasonWhorehees said:

That's the way it should be.
Before the last update the propeller was always in the closest cabin to the boat.
Too easy.

Well excuse me, I don't want to run all the way to the third Island as Deborah just so I can make my escape, And by the time I actually get there I won't either have any stamina or Jason would of have already killed me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@Nougat

I got my ass kicked in a private lobby full of experienced counselors on Packanack but nothing close to that in Quick Play. That said, I think a highly skilled group if counselors could kick my ass on any map. If a group of counselors works together, as in all 7, they're unstoppable for the average or even above average player on any map.

auq.gif

3,2,1... MORPH!  (It was fun, even though we didn't catch you).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

I mean while Pinehurst Does indeed Favor Jason way more than Counselors (Why the hell is the propeller on the third freaking island when the Boat is near the Main Lodge?!)

I have to Disagree on Jarvis House, Before Jason even comes to kill you, You can A. Easily repair the Boat B. Repair the Car, The only problem with Jarvis is the phone being in god knows where, But the car spawns in Jarvis House are really nice, I actually love those Spawn Points, Also escaping Jason in the boat is Easier for a Reason, You have Island to park The boat on if You know Jason is coming.

Jarvis is easier than Pinehurst for counselors, but the parts still spawn far from objectives similar to Pinehurst. You can also conserve traps on both maps by simply listening for errors on boat repairs or checking your map regularly to see if the boat is moving. It saves you traps because you never have 2 cars to trap. Overall I'd still say it favors Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JasonWhorehees said:

I fucking HATE this stupid map.
90% games i play its ALWAYS packanack small.
Everybody always requests it in the lobbys, nobody ever wants to put on jarvis house or pinhurst when i ask, it's always fucking packanack small.
How many months can you play on one dumb map?!
It would be OK to play once in a while, but every fucking time? It's so boring that i disconnect at least 10 times to play on a different map.

I agree in 100%. Sometimes the QP game looks like there is only this one map, despite changing the lobby many times. Developers do not want to give only a random option / automatic map selection and weather conditions, so the only way is to leave the match if it is packanack small and look for a new lobby in the hope that there will be a different map.
Personally, I'm also bored with packanack small. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really dislike small maps..    Either way if someone has Packanack Small up, i'll leave the lobby.

If its random and lands on it..  So be it.     But people who pick that all the time on purpose are not my kind of players

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the reason why I love Jarvis so much is they took those narrow passages from the film when Trish/Mrs. Jarvis jogged and whatsherface walked through and kept them in game, so the counselors have only two directions to travel and can't just run in any direction to escape Jason. So if you run down one of those mountainous paths, you better be able to get through quick, manage stamina or juke/hit Jason like a boss or the terrain works against you.

Its pretty much the only map they designed like that, but I tend to favor ALL the big maps more.

It just goes to show little care was put into the Small Maps, because it feels like they crapped them out to artificially buff the map count when some of the fandom was complaining about only 3 maps on launch and they really haven't bothered to modify them since to make them a bit more balanced. Now that said, Pinehurst and Jarvis DO favor Jason, especially Water Jasons. But the other 3 maps are pretty well balanced.

I can't wait to see what happens with Grendel and hopefully Lazurus/Manhatten comes sometime after they throw in some more wooded maps to fill out locations from Part 6, Part 7 and Part 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nougat said:

Jarvis is easier than Pinehurst for counselors, but the parts still spawn far from objectives similar to Pinehurst. You can also conserve traps on both maps by simply listening for errors on boat repairs or checking your map regularly to see if the boat is moving. It saves you traps because you never have 2 cars to trap. Overall I'd still say it favors Jason.

I'm still sticking to my original Idea that Jarvis is still the most balanced Map in that case, Sure things spawn in different places, But it's not easy to navigate for either Counselor or Jason, Jarvis House has a Ton of High/Low/Medium grounds, Trees etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

Thanks, I laugh everytime it comes up in QP and I'm Jason because its the one map that I haven't let someone escaped since the first week I started playing.

Agreed. Had a match recently where I was Jason and on Pakanak small. I rigged the cars first, and sure enough someone was messing with the phone. Naturally it was a Vanessa who was trying to bait me into wasting time while the cars were repaired, though I just trapped the phone and left it. 

A two kills later and I find people have left the game in droves, leaving only two counselors left; two Vanessas. One went back to fix the phone, the other was a taunter. I didn't panic or get personally enraged at what they were doing, I just kept my cool, disabled the phone, and such. Also got familiar with the pattern they were running me in and I placed a trap in one of the doorways. Said Vanessa hit the trap, then limped over to escape in a car, hit another trap and killed herself.

The other Vanessa, the taunter, was activating an old glitch/hack where you draw a weapon and then speed away at car speeds. Woe to them, I was Savini Jason and had Shift to match/exceed. I made them hit a few corners, jump into some cabins, and then cornered them before giving them the old one-two with a knife on a toolbox.

4/4 end match result with the lobby being empty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the 3 small maps. I'm not a fan of this one, but I hate it less then the other 2. Higgins small is a map I just auto quit out of now, regardless of who I play. I just find it to be a negative play experience.  I do enjoy the standard packanack map. i find there is a decent mix of escapes/slaughters on that map. The car can be a pain to get away with, but i still manage a decent amount of escapes with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

two kills later and I find people have left the game in droves, 

That's the funniest part to me, I constantly hear people asking the host to switch it to Packanack and sometimes they will. But as soon as they see it's a competent Jason who isn't messing around they up and leave.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly played Pinehurst wayyyy too much.

 

people don't want to play pinehurst or Jarvis as they heavily favor Jason and have longer playtimes.

 

packanack leans counselor and has shorter average timing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the layout of the map as a counselor and as Jason. But I am not a fan of ONLY playing on one map, regardless if it's Packanack or not. I find myself picking it as the map after the map selection being on random and only getting a rotation of big and small Crystal Lake round after round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like playing on them all, Not used to Pinehurst yet though, In facet I only played as Jason maybe 5 times on Pinehurst. and its been a long time since I played as Jason on Jarvis too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Packanack because from personal experience all the best matches come on this map. Plus i think this map has encouraged team work more than any others which makes it fun to be a counselor and to be Jason too as it is a bigger challenge.

However, i do agree that it pops up too frequently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

3,2,1... MORPH!  (It was fun, even though we didn't catch you).

I have no strategy for counselors moving in groups. To my credit I didn't hide in the lake, I did attempt to pick off the car person or stragglers with no success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×