Sign in to follow this  
JasonWhorehees

Why does everybody like packanack so much?

I fucking HATE this stupid map.
90% games i play its ALWAYS packanack small.
Everybody always requests it in the lobbys, nobody ever wants to put on jarvis house or pinhurst when i ask, it's always fucking packanack small.
How many months can you play on one dumb map?!
It would be OK to play once in a while, but every fucking time? It's so boring that i disconnect at least 10 times to play on a different map.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

People who main counselor are under the dillusion that it favors them because of the size and layout, not realising that having all the objectives in walking distance favors Jason. Also they know where everything spawns so it's easy for the simple minded.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

People who main counselor are under the dillusion that it favors them because of the size and layout, not realising that having all the objectives in walking distance favors Jason. Also they know where everything spawns so it's easy for the simple minded.

Couldn't have said it better!

Must admit I do like packanak a lot but it does come round too much for me alongwith higgins, which is getting equally caned too at the moment . I'd like to play more pie Hurst as I'm least familiar with it. 

Packanack has been my favorite map in the game since day 1. I can't speak for others, but it's my favorite because of the way it's layed out. It's almost like a suburban neighborhood with how there's a road with rows of cabins on both sides. I don't particularly care for the small version though. I also like the size, it's not too big and spread out, but it's not too small either, just right. Despite all that, I was in a lobby that played on packanack 5 times in a row, and even though it's my favorite map, I'd like a little more variety than that.

13 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Couldn't have said it better!

Thanks, I laugh everytime it comes up in QP and I'm Jason because its the one map that I haven't let someone escaped since the first week I started playing.

34 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

TITCR

Any time I start to hear a Spanish chorus of packnack piqueno!, I know it's time to find a new lobby.

40 minutes ago, JasonWhorehees said:

90% games i play its ALWAYS packanack small.

Because it's the easiest map for counselors.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

TITCR

Any time I start to hear a Spanish chorus of packnack piqueno!, I know it's time to find a new lobby.

i usually hear PAKNAK (russian)

All you gotta do is add a boat to the small maps on the same RNG as the big versions even without adding any water. Sure it won't be contested much, but because the propeller is BY FAR the hardest part to find. It would feel like an incredible buff to Jason for such a small change. Counselors will go for the 4 seater or police everytime and when/if the numbers dwindle, they'll play the long con game.

I am with you man. So many people choose this map and its so annoying. Especially when you try for boat escape and boat flip badges, and everyone chooses that map. So frustrating.

It is one of my favorite maps to kill Jason on though. Probably because i have played it so many times and I know how to run from the shacks well now.

16 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

It is one of my favorite maps to kill Jason on though. Probaby because i have played it so many times and I know how to run from the shacks well no

Shack locations are completely unfair for Jason on all small maps.  There is almost no threat running from and finding shelter or other counselors to evade Jason when he comes after you.  Combine that with most sweater runners are Vanessa....

I think it's the best of the small maps, and a unique design with assets that shows that the devs cared about this map (second only to Part 3, of course). It probably might be my favorite map, but can admit it comes up more often at the expense of the other maps.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Shack locations are completely unfair for Jason on all small maps.  There is almost no threat running from and finding shelter or other counselors to evade Jason when he comes after you.  Combine that with most sweater runners are Vanessa....

Crystal Lake Small it is typically in the middle of the road where no immediate cabin or anything is. And has one long exit. I think that one favors Jason. May agree with you on Higgins Small though.

I’ve always liked the regular packanack map since release. Packanack Small on the other hand is a pile of garbage. 

From a counselor standpoint it sucks that every cabin gets raided in the first two minutes. And for Jason by the time you get your shift, one or both cars are gonna be moving. I’ve escaped this map so many times in under three minutes because of how easy and close all the item spawns are.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They seriously need to nerf packanack small. Needs less items or less cabins or both. The small maps need an overhaul with more water too.

Why nerf Packanack Small in particular? I rarely find anything major over any other map. If I spawn on the porch of Packanack then I follow to campsites all the way to the boathouse (if there is a boathouse) and 90% of the time I’ll find a knife or at least a med spray. There isn’t a reason to nerf one singular map in particular when it’s not like it has an abundance of knives/sprays/guns/weapons over any other map. It’s all just in one tight area because it is smaller. Adding water to map I can agree with although the large Packanack map doesn’t have any water going through it either.

• Like 1

I think the reason right now a lot of people pick it is for specific glitch spots. Been seeing a rise in people abusing them again, granted not nearly as bad as back when you could crouch through walls. Its the main reason I think there needs to be more throwing knives. Can never find one when you need them lol 

I don’t hate Packanack but EVERYBODY picks both the regular and small versions of Packanack and I play it far too much. I’d rather play Pinehurst or Higgins then Packanack Small for the 8th time in a row.

4 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I think the reason right now a lot of people pick it is for specific glitch spots. Been seeing a rise in people abusing them again, granted not nearly as bad as back when you could crouch through walls. Its the main reason I think there needs to be more throwing knives. Can never find one when you need them lol 

What glitch spots have you seen on Packanack Small? The only glitch spot I really see abused it the one on Jarvis map where you can glitch on the chairs on the porch of the Vacation House.

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

What glitch spots have you seen on Packanack Small? The only glitch spot I really see abused it the one on Jarvis map where you can glitch on the chairs on the porch of the Vacation House.

Theres still a few rocks and a bed in the main lodge you can get on that Jason cant grab or slash you on. Saw someone doing it last night to a Jason so I ran up there and shoved him off. 

The objectives are always right next to nice clusters of cabins, there are no obstacles to slow counselor movement and most of the cabins are right next to eachother so you can find everything you need in the first minute. On top of this, Packanack Small has the fewest throwing knives of any map making it much harder for Jason to catch and fight people.

3 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

not realising that having all the objectives in walking distance favors Jason.

This really isn't the case. The objectives are never close enough for Jason to walk from one to the other, he's still going to need to use his cooldowns to get around. And the placement of objectives and cabins means it is much easier to get everyone in position to push two objectives at once.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The objectives are always right next to nice clusters of cabins, there are no obstacles to slow counselor movement and most of the cabins are right next to eachother so you can find everything you need in the first minute. On top of this, Packanack Small has the fewest throwing knives of any map making it much harder for Jason to catch and fight people.

This really isn't the case. The objectives are never close enough for Jason to walk from one to the other, he's still going to need to use his cooldowns to get around. And the placement of objectives and cabins means it is much easier to get everyone in position to push two objectives at once.

I will concede that is not the case for all of them, but having the phone box on the backside of the Lodge with the 4 seater sitting there makes it too easy to control 2 of the 3 escape routes. Same is true at Crystal lake when the phone spawns at the garage on the west side of the map next to the car.

10 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Why nerf Packanack Small in particular? I rarely find anything major over any other map. If I spawn on the porch of Packanack then I follow to campsites all the way to the boathouse (if there is a boathouse) and 90% of the time I’ll find a knife or at least a med spray. There isn’t a reason to nerf one singular map in particular when it’s not like it has an abundance of knives/sprays/guns/weapons over any other map. It’s all just in one tight area because it is smaller. Adding water to map I can agree with although the large Packanack map doesn’t have any water going through it either.

I say nerf Packanack more than the others because it is the preferred one. Quick play lobbies prefer it because it is easiest in which to gather all the items and escape or kill Jason. If you exclude packanack, people don't really care if you choose Higgins or CCL, so they're about equal in balance. The small maps overall need some nerfs to the counselor side but with Packanack it really needs to be rearranged so that it's not so easy to rush the objectives.

In Part 2 the forest was really thick and confusing. The final chase scene where Ginny gets chased to Jason's shack implies the passage of a lot of time, like Ginny got lost and Jason is just barely keeping track of her in the thick dark forest. They should make Packanack more difficult to navigate to reflect that. Fill it up with more foliage, more rocks, etc, so that people can't simply leisurely spam all the objectives and give Jason the run around and make him look like a fool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I love Packanack Small as Jason, especially in Quick Play. It's easy to control objectives. :)