Sign in to follow this  
Slasher_Clone

Weapon Swap...Unarmed Combat

Weapon Swap...Unarmed Combat  

15 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should there be an unarmed weapon select?

• Yes, I'd like to play Jason without a weapon.
    • No, Jason shouldn't be a barehanded killer.
  2. 2. Would this be scary?

3. 3. What should Jason be able to do to a counselor, select the options you like?

• Throw a punch, light attack.
    • Throw a kick, heavy attack
    • Throw a counselor, when grabbed already.
    • Punch while carrying a counselor.
    • Block while holding a counselor, meat shield
    • Grab a second counselor, for an auto double head smash
    • Should Jason be able to punch the counselor he is holding, to death
    • Should Jason be able to carry them further if he has no weapon

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2018 at 08:00 PM

Should Jason be able to select no weapon when weapon swapping becomes available?

If you have any reason for or against, vote and let us know what you think.

I'm not opposed, but I'd also like to see counselors able to throw a punch. Obviously it wouldn't do anything most of the time, but it would be nice to have 1 final chance at getting away. I'd say maybe 15% chance of a short stun. Anything more would be too comparable to using a weapon. Also, no perks would change the stun chance. It's only meant for a worst case, "I'm dying anyway might as well give it a shot", scenario.

As for your options, several of them are already grab kills. I'd like it to be the same as him having a weapon. I also like your idea of him moving farther without a weapon. He's got an extra hand, so extra grip would make sense as long as it isn't too OP.

I would like to see kill animations using the counselor's weapons. Imagine Jason shift-grabbing a counselor witha flare gun, prying their mouth open, and shooting the flare down the throat.

Or taking the baseball bat and breaking it over tge counselor's head.

Or stabbing the counselor with the firepoker.

Plenty of good kill ideas.

• Like 1

Some of these ideas are pretty cool. Although realistically I don't see this happening, it would be refreshing to see a Jason that punches the crap out of someone. MKX and that one boxing match in Part 8 with Julius proves Jason can be just as violent a murderer without a weapon compared to having one.

But, once again, it'd probably take too much work as the situation exists now. His striking range would probably have to be crappy since he doesn't hold a weapon, something that's a no-go in a game where even three speed counselors cannot be caught easily by a running Jason.

Yeah I suggested giving counselors the ability to throw a punch or push someone out of the way in another thread. It sort of inspired this poll. I was playing offline to get in on a little of the double xp/cp, and thought it would be fun to have a Jason that did mostly environmental kills. So I went through my kills and realized I didn't need the weapon. You could set a Jason up with no weapon kills but he'd still be carrying it around and swing it.

Forgot to add it above, I figured he'd shoulder check the door open if you held R2 or the equivalent. Rage would work the same.

It would definitely be try hard mode, B).

I think Jason will be able to use different weapon kills in SP challenges. This is enough to me, in a good way.

• Like 1

HUMAN SHIELD, PLUS if other counselors attack Jason, from the front or sides. They deal damage to the held Counselor, But have this be the only time they can hurt other counselors. with melee attacks.

9 minutes ago, Erik13E said:

HUMAN SHIELD, PLUS if other counselors attack Jason, from the front or sides. They deal damage to the held Counselor, But have this be the only time they can hurt other counselors. with melee attacks.

That's a good idea, they shouldn't kill them though only reduce them to limping. If they died Jason would still feel cheated out of whatever kill he was planning.

It should also reset their struggle out, not to be mean but because the person trying to save you, just smashed your kidneys all to hell. Ouch, high strength characters should do more damage reducing you faster when they mess up. This should be a toggle in the lobby, :). Less reason for people to be upset if it's selectable.

That's a great addition. I like it. Plus, that would interrupt Jason's kill also, I think. 

How I would do unarmed combat:

Light attack: Jab

Heavy Attack: Haymaker

It would need a very quick recovery time compared to other weapons. The range would be super short but it would have very quick recovery time between attacks.

10 hours ago, Erik13E said:

I voted yes in the sense that you already can use counselors as a meat shield. You can block counselor attacks using a grabbed victim, something that's necessary if you grab someone when fighting a group. But if damage could happen to the grabbed counselor, it would have to implemented as a private match option only. As in a private match could disable friendly fire except when Jason grabs someone.

I can't imagine this idea floating in QP, especially since people have very sour memories of when friendly fire was possible back then.

Now, if we're talking a brand new mechanic involving a Jason with a gimped attack range, punching the grabbed victim could be interesting. But..then people would probably also complain that "Jason one punched a guy's head off in the movies," and that would be immersion breaking. Cool, but not a likely idea to happen either. I voted yes, but it would require a crapload of balancing, so I don't expect it to happen in any case.

Edit: Forgot to mention this earlier, but the punching/grabbing mechanics I voted yes on is for single player mode. A lot of those ideas wouldn't work well in multiplayer, but it could be an interesting mixup when doing the single player challenges.

9 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That's a good idea, they shouldn't kill them though only reduce them to limping. If they died Jason would still feel cheated out of whatever kill he was planning.

It should also reset their struggle out, not to be mean but because the person trying to save you, just smashed your kidneys all to hell. Ouch, high strength characters should do more damage reducing you faster when they mess up. This should be a toggle in the lobby, :). Less reason for people to be upset if it's selectable.

Reducing them to limp status wouldn't really solve the issue if you're trying to make the idea work better. Imagine a Jason-helping Vanessa/Buggzy going around, striking all the grabbed people on purpose with a machete/shotgun. So not only can the troll help Jason find victims quicker, now the troll can make Jason's job even easier. Even worse, because it only happens when the counselor is grabbed, it's more difficult for the victim to know the Vanessa/Buggzy is dealing damage on purpose since the troll could lie that they were trying to help them. Essentially speaking a troll could help guarantee that Jason will murder the victim even if they escape the grab (presumably using a macehte) since now they're limping, and even if the victim has a med spray this would only repeat when Jason grabs said victim again.

Though the idea that smacking a counselor resets their struggle mechanic when grabbed does sound pretty interesting. I can definitely see that working as a private match option for sure, but probably not QP for similar reasons as above.

Edited by Trident77
  • Like 1

Trident, I see what you're talking about, But There's going to need be a cut off point where we as players Jason or Counselor's stop knit picking, everything. And just accept ideas for MP sections, I personally think they all would be fun for this to be in-game.

But, I am currently max level and just play for Shenanigans/Tapes and My eternal queat of Trophy Completions.. Although I did remind a few players the other night that if they did NOT like my [Lobby hosting - Game participation - Ratio], They are more than welcome to, Hit them digital streets and Kick Rocks onward to a different Session... Unfortunately I cannot indulge is a continuous 24hr. gaming session, My wife doesn't care for that type of behavior.