Reyezblood 03

How To Prevent Interaction Lock Bug?

Is there anyway to prevent my self from being interaction locked as Jason? Is there a specific way to break a window without glitching my self out? Cause this bug is very unfortunate, this could cost me the match. If I’m playing against Counselors, who knows that I’m glitched, they will leave me glitched and escape. Then I’ll be thinking to be self “WOW, I got 0/8 because of a bug, smh” 

1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

I'd like to know as well. I've had this happen to me so many times.

Same, I’ve tried using R2, to break windows instead of X, but that didn’t help, it’s just decreases the chances of being glitched out <_<

16 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Same, I’ve tried using R2, to break windows instead of X, but that didn’t help, it’s just decreases the chances of being glitched out <_<

Yeah, I've heard morphing can help, but in my experience it didn't work. Not even shifting worked.

@Reyezblood 03 If possible, get someone to hit you. I've also heard going into the water helps, but I haven't attempted that.

It happened to me in offline bots. I couldn't do anything but melee attack, not even move. I morphed to a power box and kept pressing attack, which moves you forward slightly, until I was in reach of the interact prompt, then smashed the box and I could move again. If there are no power boxes available, try moving yourself near a window if at all possible and smash it.

I had this happen to me as Fox as well! You have to have Jason grab you or a counselor hit you.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It happened to me in offline bots. I couldn't do anything but melee attack, not even move. I morphed to a power box and kept pressing attack, which moves you forward slightly, until I was in reach of the interact prompt, then smashed the box and I could move again. If there are no power boxes available, try moving yourself near a window if at all possible and smash it.

This happened to me, exactly! Going under water works sometimes, having someone hit you works as well. I had a match the other day that I believe that glitch cost me my life as Jason. Partly my fault for playing on after I knew I couldn't swing my pick axe, but when I shifted to a Tommy going for a window I tryed to swing on him before he got in the window and nothing happened. He climbed inside, couldn't hit X to break the window. Couldn't even throw a knife! I could still grab, and they were really playing hard so I pressed on and died. But if that shift/slash would have happened it would have been game over for Tommy, and I could have grab killed him before the sweater girl came out to help. THAT'S a game breaker! I hate that glitch on Jason! At least as a counselor you can get other counselors to hit you and fix it. In QP, good luck getting anyone to fix Jason for you.

Avoid being hit with firecrackers.  It seems to be the biggest culprit. Especially if you are stunned after grabbing someone and trying to walk to get the kill.  It seems to happen that way more often than not.  Also, don't try to use the window kill if a counselor has just come out of that window.  That seems to cause glitches as well.  Or repeatedly trying to hit the x prompt for certain environmental kills that won't trigger.  Example would be coat hooks.  You'll get the x prompt but due to location of certain hooks there isn't enough space to actually perform the kill.  Avoid button mashing those.  Those are just some instances I've seen cause the bug.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Avoid being hit with firecrackers.  It seems to be the biggest culprit. Especially if you are stunned after grabbing someone and trying to walk to get the kill.  It seems to happen that way more often than not.  Also, don't try to use the window kill if a counselor has just come out of that window.  That seems to cause glitches as well.  Or repeatedly trying to hit the x prompt for certain environmental kills that won't trigger.  Example would be coat hooks.  You'll get the x prompt but due to location of certain hooks there isn't enough space to actually perform the kill.  Avoid button mashing those.  Those are just some instances I've seen cause the bug.  

I’ve seem to notice that mashing the X button, is what glitches you out, but sometimes I just press it once and I still get glitched. This is one of the most game breaking glitches. 

1 hour ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

I’ve seem to notice that mashing the X button, is what glitches you out, but sometimes I just press it once and I still get glitched. This is one of the most game breaking glitches. 

It's happened to me if I spam X to break a window or pull someone out of the car. The window breaks or the person is out of the car but the only button that works is the grab, or the R1 button to and activate  abilities. The interaction icon is visible even if I morph across the map. 

Some have suggested going into water, morphing or shift. None of these have worked for me. The only thing that has ever cleared it is getting stunned. Either from a weapon or stepping into a trap. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Is there anyway to prevent my self from being interaction locked as Jason? Is there a specific way to break a window without glitching my self out? Cause this bug is very unfortunate, this could cost me the match. If I’m playing against Counselors, who knows that I’m glitched, they will leave me glitched and escape. Then I’ll be thinking to be self “WOW, I got 0/8 because of a bug, smh” 

It's happened to me twice and both times I've been freed.

I offered to let them escape, one took the offer, the other wanted me to chase him.

If you got my luck you'll get nicer players, just pop on your mic and ask for some help.

• Like 1

Have had this happen many times, usually when a counselor jumps through an open window and I try to break it as they are getting up. I think if you spam break window action while they are getting up os what glitches me. What I do now is not strike the window until the counselor has been able to get up and move once inside.