GHR1227

Why I stopped playing Friday the 13th The Game

Sad to say this but Friday the 13th SUCKS.   The developers took the meanest, baddest, immortal, serial killing character and turned him into a JOKE

to be taunted by counselors who shake their fanny at him when he is too slow, and clunky to do anything about it. 

He is stunned by a mere batch of firecracker or a freaking pot hitting him. One of the most retarded aspects of the game.

The game is just not fun. It not fun to play as Jason and it's worse to play as a counselor.

Until such time as Jason actually has teeth to be a KILLER this game will suck and my time will not be wasted on it. 

I'm sad to say this too since I am a big fan of the movies.    But as a fan the developers should know their game is a failure.

With heavy heart I say good bye.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Can I have your stuff?

I call dibs on his reputation points. ;)

Anyhoo, although the game does still favor counselors a little (guess that makes sense, there's seven players that need to feel like they have a chance), the balance is a whole lot better than the shotgun/PK fest we had before. I actually find it fairly easy (though still strangely satisfying :D) to just shift grab in stalk and kill. Feels good. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHR1227 said:

shake their fanny

Haha! Who says "fanny" anymore? That's great!

He is stunned by ...... a freaking pot hitting him.

You've seen a pot before right? I'm sure you've picked one up. Now imagine getting hit in the face or head with it.

their game is a failure.

Actually it sold really well and is considered a big success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GHR1227 said:

Sad to say this but Friday the 13th SUCKS.   The developers too the meanest, baddest, immortal, serial killing character and turned him into a JOKE

to be taunted by counselors who shake their fanny at him when he is too slow, and clunky to do anything about it. 

He is stunned by a mere batch of firecracker or a freaking pot hitting him. One of the most retarded aspects of the game.

The game is just not fun. It not fun to play as Jason and it's worse to play as a counselor.

Until such time as Jason actually has teeth to be a KILLER this game will suck and my time will not be wasted on it. 

I'm sad to say this too since I am a big fan of the movies.    But as a fan the developers should know their game is a failure.

Why didn't you post this in Off-Topic ?Your not suggesting anything nor giving credential feed back for the devs to go and fix said problems you have in this Post .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Actually it sold really well and is considered a big success. 

So was the Delorean right before the company went bankrupt... -_-

Sales do not a game make.  Player base does and this one will be filled with 'Tweens and 20 somethings only who have never seen a Friday the 13th movies at all.

And the only exposure is in the game or the horrible Freddy vs Jason movie.

Die hard fans of the movie will move along and sadly unless something more is offered besides DLC of skins I will too.

This game has plenty of warts, but I still find myself spending a lot of time playing this.

I'm truly saddened that you're finished playing this game.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

You have to keep in mind it's a video game. There has to be a legit ability to have the counselors survive otherwise there's no real game being played. Jason being weaker than you imagine he should be is the same reason all Superman games aren't very good. Just like a legit Superman game would just be players flying around using laser vison on every bad guy from 2000 ft up in the air, if they gave him all the power and ability that he has in the movies, there'd be no real game.  Every match would just be a 5-10 massacre and then back to the lobby we all go.
The balancing act for asymmetrical games like this is very difficult to maintain. It has to be challenging for both new players and old vets. I get your disappointment with some of the design decisions, but there's really no way to make it be a legit multiplayer game without having some sort of "nerfing" of Jason's power so counselor players actually have a reason to try. As issues like the stun lock arise, they'll get patched but everything takes time to ensure that making changes doesn't drastically affect the balance of other aspects of the game. 

Sales do not a game make.  Player base does and this one will be filled with 'Tweens and 20 somethings only who have never seen a Friday the 13th movies at all.

And the only exposure is in the game or the horrible Freddy vs Jason movie.

Die hard fans of the movie will move along and sadly unless something more is offered besides DLC of skins I will too.

Sales actually do make a game. Paychecks aren't paid, and banks don't give loans, based on player counts. They come from bottom lines and revenue streams... There's been plenty of amazing game franchises that died off because of poor sales (Beyond Good and Evil, Okami, Bulletstorm, etc). 

I couldn't agree more, I've been playing this title on my ps4 with pals since it came out in the UK, literally every Friday. I gotta say guys it saddens me but most of us prefer playing councillors only these days as playing as Jason is just.. painfull. I LOVE the movies and the character Jason Voorhees is literally just the coolest monster ever created! The last round I played as Jason ended with me walking away and just letting the time run down,"call the police I couldn't give a shit" was the last words from my mouth.

ok so here's my problems.... Why when I'M a councillor I run out of stamina before I reach the next f@#king house but when im Jason the chads out there seem to have unlimited bloody stamina?? And WTF happened to Jason's grab?? Why dosent work anymore? I find u spend most of the round with councillors running around under your nose and feel pathetically powerless to get your hands on them! I'm not a newbie, I've played since the games release last year, unlocked all the jasons so far, bought all the kills etc sat through all the server issues, glitches etc to get to this? Please turn Jason back into the killing machine nightmare he should be, as a councillor your game experience should be fucking terrifying, if Jason SEE'S you - your f@#£ed. Not let's laugh at how easy it it to escape from Jason, we all play as councillors now as to be honest its an easy win. I now find myself bored shitless when playing but its a better alternative to the incredibly frustrating and repetitive experience playing as Jason 'The camp blood joke'. 

Please dudes I beg u I loved this game originally, make me love it again 

NORGUSTA

22 hours ago, GHR1227 said:

Sad to say this but Friday the 13th SUCKS.   The developers took the meanest, baddest, immortal, serial killing character and turned him into a JOKE

This thread is an update too late. 

22 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I call dibs on his reputation points. ;)

And you shall have all 11. Enjoy. 

2 hours ago, GHR1227 said:

You do realize that DVD and Blu Ray is a thing right? You can own the whole series. I've seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre(74'), and I wasn't alive when it debuted. 

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

You have to keep in mind it's a video game. There has to be a legit ability to have the counselors survive otherwise there's no real game being played. Jason being weaker than you imagine he should be is the same reason all Superman games aren't very good. Just like a legit Superman game would just be players flying around using laser vison on every bad guy from 2000 ft up in the air, if they gave him all the power and ability that he has in the movies, there'd be no real game. 

Well, if Clark is only fighting bank robbers and wife beaters, sure. A good Superman game would have that be the introduction level, then move onto fighting death robots with eye lasers, mutants who sap your powers, and aliens with spiked knuckles.

• Like 2

To sum up my complaints I'll put it into context of another game with a monster killer - ALIEN ISOLATION

In that game watch the play-throughs. 

The people who play it are scared of the Alien because it's unstoppable.   It's not able to be killed by a freaking stove pipe.

It's not a joke you are afraid of it because the moment it sees you YOU ARE DEAD!

In many cases you spend lots of time HIDING from the alien.

The idea of playing Jason in a game I do understand needs some balance which is the whole problem. 

Jason is not balanced and should not be.   He is a pure killing machine.

Maybe Jason will not be so stiff in the new game engine.  Maybe I'll even give it another try but I'm not holding my breath.

Isolation is a single player game with the Alien being an AI character. The dynamics are very different in F13th with it being an asymetrical multiplayer experience. You have to balance the game to make it a fair/fun experience for ALL players. Now what different people consider fair/fun can vary quite a lot, making balancing all the more tricky. So maybe the current balance doesn't suit you, ok, that's fair enough.

(And where the hell are my 11 reputation points? <_<)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GHR1227 said:

That's why i quit immediately when i get trolled.
One teabag and i disconnect.
I hear a bunch of russians talking shit after stunning me, than i quit.
Sometimes i almost let them kill me, and troll them back and quit when i'm stunned with the sweater.
Fuck idiots, kids, trolls and russian players.

To sum up my complaints I'll put it into context of another game with a monster killer - ALIEN ISOLATION

In that game watch the play-throughs. 

The people who play it are scared of the Alien because it's unstoppable.   It's not able to be killed by a freaking stove pipe.

It's not a joke you are afraid of it because the moment it sees you YOU ARE DEAD!

In many cases you spend lots of time HIDING from the alien.

The idea of playing Jason in a game I do understand needs some balance which is the whole problem. 

Jason is not balanced and should not be.   He is a pure killing machine.

Maybe Jason will not be so stiff in the new game engine.  Maybe I'll even give it another try but I'm not holding my breath.

You can't really compare both of those games though cause one is a scripted single player game and the other is a multiplayer title. Yeah, it's easy to make the Alien difficult to kill cause the devs just write his AI like that, and if an area is too difficult they code in some items to assist the player. In a multiplayer game, the skill of the player controlling the killer creates a variable effect that can't really be accounted for. I've surprised plenty of players using smart stalk and rage ability to get the drop on someone hiding. I've also cabin kited Jason players as Tommy and Deborah for 5+ minutes while others fixed vital equipment because they kept going for the grab kill instead of just trying to take me out with melee attacks. It just comes with the territory of multiplayer matches. Not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that your expectations are unrealistic for a multiplayer game. If Jason was so powerful that a counselor had no chance of survival once they're found, everyone would just quit the moment Jason's music started up rather than waste their time delaying the inevitable. 

Of course you can compare.  I realize I was not clear though. 

I don't mean the AI aspect I mean the fact that the Alien though is not a joke has smooth movement and is highly feared. 
Heck even the human NPCs and Friendly Joe androids are scarier than Jason is.

I would really rather play vs a NPC Jason and have it act more like the AI alien than a human played Jason who is so unfeared.

I'm not sure which game engine Alien Isolation uses, but that is fluid in movements which is one of my gripes that Jason is stiff.

He feels like an arthritic man (I know what it's like sadly).  He barely moves at all morph and shift notwithstanding.

If this were an early access game and explicitly stated as such I might give that a bypass, but nobody who plays Jason can

say his movement is anything close to fluid.    Heck Link in Legend of Zelda II - Adventure of Link from 1989 (?) is more fluid than Jason.

The playable characters likewise so it's whatever game engine used probably limits. 

Maybe that will change with April update - not holding my breath

I've read advice from other players on tips for Jason and a popular choice is simply hitting the councillors with whatever weapon your current Jason has to get kills.

Really? I hate the idea of following councillors around whacking away, but seriously what's the point of all those wonderfully graphic and violent kills each Jason owns a fucking arsenal of if trying to get a grab is too time costly and rarely works now off the shift. 9 times out of ten unless someone is standing completely still when u try to grab from the shift the councillor is already 12 feet ahead of you when Jason reaches out? Pretty useless. Let's not forget how easy it seems to be for councillors to avoid Jason's grasp altogether.

6 hours ago, GHR1227 said:

The Delorean was a failure. No one bought it.

I'm a hardcore horror fan more than a gamer and I love this game, even though multiplayer is weak. 

They did the perfect job if you think about it; the movies were low budget B-horror and so is the game.   

*/OT*

Being a horror movie fan too I have seen a lot of movies, but I love older movies mostly.

Newer ones: ugh CGI blood doesn't make a movie.   Gore doesn't make a movie good either.

They should make a game of The Puppet Master movies.  Ever see that franchise?

Full Moon Entertainment back in the late 1980s -early 1990s.

Best one was part 3 Tulon's Revenge.  After that kinda devolved into silly repeats.

They did the Sub-Species series,Demonic Toys and Dollman with Tim Thomerson too.

*/end OT*

This game will die out at the rate it's going as I implied. 

The kiddies will tire of it and we old guys and/or ladies who are true fans will have a dead game.