Oct. 11 Mode  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of a game mode that is configured the way the game used to play? ie. No Drop Icons, faster car, Strong Jason, mask off required to kill, etc.

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't know. I didn't play the game before the late October patch.

11 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

For quick play it's kind of a necessity, how many times have you seen someone knowingly escape with the fuse in there pocket. Without the drop icon you would still be searching drawers when it was laying on the shore. Also trolls loved to carry parts to the middle of no where to hide them. 

For private matches and groups that communicate, they're really not needed.

I think the walkie talkies should have purpose. Today no one takes them from drawers anymore. If the devs made it so that you needed the walkies to see the drop icons it would make the game more interesting.

@bewareofbears I wouldn't suggest reverting to an older patch so much as a more challenging experience. The current balance isn't far from being great; it's only missing a few things. The suggestion came from wanting to play a game that is similar to the old version without taking the new build from those who like it.

@Caulus

Hypothetically, if they made a mode based on the Piñata Jason patch- explain to me how you're going to convince anyone in their right mind to play as Jason in that mode? Especially when they would have an alternative to play a much more balanced version of the game outside of that mode.

That said, balance is always evolving. That patch is never coming back. I'd encourage you to make suggestions for future improvements instead of futilely attempting to revert progress.

Edit:

Re-reading your original post, you're suggesting going back to before Piñata Jason? Even still, my second paragraph still stands.

16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Caulus

Hypothetically, if they made a mode based on the Piñata Jason patch- explain to me how you're going to convince anyone in their right mind to play as Jason in that mode? Especially when they would have an alternative to play a much more balanced version of the game outside of that mode.

That said, balance is always evolving. That patch is never coming back. I'd encourage you to make suggestions for future improvements instead of futilely attempting to revert progress.

Edit:

Re-reading your original post, you're suggesting going back to before Piñata Jason? Even still, my second paragraph still stands.

Nah, the Oct. 11 patch was the last good patch before the super nerfs.

The trap nerf, grab nerf, counselor buff patch was Oct. 26 or 27. It was late Oct. That patch almost made me quit this game. lol

Drop Icons are a HUGE improvement in the game.   I think an option to enable/disable that feature in private matches would be nice for those that don't want it.

Most people that want Jason nerfed play mostly quick play it seems and either Don't want to work with other players or are always stuck in games with players that won't work together.

After playing another 30 to 40 hours in the past week, (all quickplay) I've seen multiple games where a match has some number of  counselors doing nothing. Either they follow someone around, just hitting them with a bat, or just clump up in a room hiding doing nothing.   I have to imagine these same players who do nothing also complain Jason is too powerful.

Jason is strong now, and my only real major complaint is the ease in which he is stunned, but a Decent Jason player will destroy any quickplay match were there is no teamwork or people don't really try. You can't nerf Jason because people aren't really playing the game.

1 hour ago, carnage4u said:

Drop Icons are a HUGE improvement in the game.   I think an option to enable/disable that feature in private matches would be nice for those that don't want it.

I personally dislike this change. It's probably the one major change that keeps me from playing this game more often and ultimately removed a lot of the fun that this game used to be for me. However! I can understand the change in regards to QP sessions since a lot of people do like to troll and ruin it for others.

The part highlighted in bold is something that I've been wanting ever since the change was implemented into the game. I feel like the host for private matches should have options to enable/disable things like objectives icon appearing on the map once picked up and dropped, friendly fire and another that I would personally like is an option to enable/disable the counselors mini-map. That mini-map gives away Jason's locations way too easy, even when he is using stalk and removing it would surly bring up the suspense factor(which is something this game lacks) when you don't have visual sight on him.

Other things that got changed like the car speed was not needed, it was fine before. The only thing that needed some minor changes in regards to the cars was adding a second or two delay from going forward to reverse and vice versa along with the instant turning. The counselors random screaming is another change that was done poorly. They'll often times scream when Jason is two cabins down and not even close and most times will scream on multiple occasions. I can understand screaming when you make visual contact with him for that first time but within the same chase the counselor shouldn't scream again, especially when hiding in plan sight for example. It worked fine before it was updated. 

I would totally be in favor of playing the game how it used to be and truly miss those days everytime I force myself to play nowadays.

The car thing is always interesting to me. While i often feel it handles poorly, and maybe is to slow, someone great at the car can weave in and out of the forest like they are on a NASCAR track with ease, and just dominate any Jason player.  If the buff the car, they need to disable some of the off road options that thing can do.

Private matches should have a couple more options to toggle. Quick Play item drops to me are critical as they balance out low teamwork without having to nerf jason directly.

Having the played a the game a TON at launch and a fairly decent amount the past  couple months I don't feel there is huge different. I didn't play much after during the super nerfed Jason period, but that was more because other new games caught my attention vs not wanting to play this game.

I have requested private match options for a long period of time. This is the primary reason for that request: wanting to turn icons off and on. Have to work together and call the locations out.

2 hours ago, j03audette said:

I personally dislike this change. It's probably the one major change that keeps me from playing this game more often and ultimately removed a lot of the fun that this game used to be for me. However! I can understand the change in regards to QP sessions since a lot of people do like to troll and ruin it for others.

The part highlighted in bold is something that I've been wanting ever since the change was implemented into the game. I feel like the host for private matches should have options to enable/disable things like objectives icon appearing on the map once picked up and dropped, friendly fire and another that I would personally like is an option to enable/disable the counselors mini-map. That mini-map gives away Jason's locations way too easy, even when he is using stalk and removing it would surly bring up the suspense factor(which is something this game lacks) when you don't have visual sight on him.

Other things that got changed like the car speed was not needed, it was fine before. The only thing that needed some minor changes in regards to the cars was adding a second or two delay from going forward to reverse and vice versa along with the instant turning. The counselors random screaming is another change that was done poorly. They'll often times scream when Jason is two cabins down and not even close and most times will scream on multiple occasions. I can understand screaming when you make visual contact with him for that first time but within the same chase the counselor shouldn't scream again, especially when hiding in plan sight for example. It worked fine before it was updated. 

I would totally be in favor of playing the game how it used to be and truly miss those days everytime I force myself to play nowadays.

Don't you dare abandon us completely like @BoxingRouge did for DbD even going as far as unfriending us!:angry::sadchappa: Last week I was finally able to play with @Bewitched again after a long time.  It was good to see her again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Don't you dare abandon us completely like @BoxingRouge did for DbD even going as far as unfriending us!:angry::sadchappa: Last week I was finally able to play with @Bewitched again after a long time.  It was good to see her again.

I'll never understand the unfriended thing, I mean what if we come across another game we all like? No worries here my friend, I only unfriend in extreme circumstances. And even then I only had two assholes that kept that status, any others are back on the list. I can't image Joel dropping out totally, and I know how it feels sometimes when you just don't feel like playing. But then you get an invite, and it's like "Ughhh! Alright..." But then I'm in, and it's cool. Shit, half the time I come on just to run around and talk to everyone. And then something funny happens, then I'm laughing and having fun again.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2018 at 3:17 PM, Caulus said:

Poll Question:

Would you be in favor of a game mode that is configured to play the way the game used to be? ie. No Drop Icons, faster car, Strong Jason, mask off required to kill, etc.

Game mode? The last thing Friday needs right now is longer queue times.

6 hours ago, carnage4u said:

If the buff the car, they need to disable some of the off road options that thing can do.

I disagree. I've gotten pretty decent at off-roading, but you can still get caught up on things that you can't even see. Tree stumps, little rocks, etc. One time, I came down a slight decline and ended up with the back end of the car stuck up on a sign. There's no way in hell I could have caught air and landed on it, the car doesn't even go that fast. I've also seen it get stuck up in a tree before. No explanation for it, it just happens. Then you still have the random lag spike that forces you into trees/fences for no reason.

All in all, the car is too buggy to make it more difficult to use.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, Vaderspupil said:

It was awesome playing with you again too and Thank you! I've missed you, Joel and many on this thread. I won't abandon you. Any of you. I've made great friends and I am always a msg away. 

Not sure why boxing chose to remove all of us but maybe..someday he will return...I hope so anyway. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2018 at 5:12 PM, Hell Toupee said:

You can kill Jason without knocking off his mask?

He's vulnerable to damage, and thus demasking, while in the sweater trance. Tommy can take off the vast majority of his HP in a single heavy attack, so if you've dealt any reasonable damage previously (even just a machete hit or two from weak characters, or one hit from Tommy) then you can kill him quickly. I hear if Tommy has Slugger and the particular version of Jason has lower HP Tommy will be able to one-shot Jason from full health.

So you'll see Tommy and the sweater girl run up to Jason, she uses the sweater, Tommy hits him with a heavy machete attack knocking the mask off, the sweater girl then breaks out of the sweater stun using combat stance and attacks with a bat knocking Jason to his knees and then Tommy kills him with the machete.

11 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

He's vulnerable to damage, and thus demasking, while in the sweater trance.

He said "without" knocking the mask off. 

If he takes enough damage, to where he's a c-hair away from demasking, he can be killed with the mask on. 

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

If he takes enough damage, to where he's a c-hair away from demasking, he can be killed with the mask on. 

First time I saw it, I had to ask if his mask was still on, or if it was a bug and I was seeing things. 

On 3/12/2018 at 5:12 PM, Hell Toupee said:

You can kill Jason without knocking off his mask?

Yup. 

On 3/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, WashingtonJones said:

A hair away? Tommy can take off the vast majority of his health with a single strike and can one-shot certain Jasons with the right perk.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

A hair away? Tommy can take off the vast majority of his health with a single strike and can one-shot certain Jasons with the right perk.

How come you're missing the point so badly?

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

How come you're missing the point so badly?

If you can demask Jason while he is in the sweater stun, there's not a whole lot he can do to avoid being killed. It may as well be killing him with his mask on, arguing otherwise is basically arguing semantics.

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

semantics.

We are talking about the mask STAYING ON the whole time during the kill. Let me repeat that: mask STAYING ON the whole time during the kill. 

Taking his mask off during the sweater stun is still demasking and not at all what we're talking about. Did you just see video of someone doing this that you're so excited about bringing it up? 

Semantics is when words are different. These are two completely different situations. 

On 3/11/2018 at 3:30 PM, AdmiralJT said:

I know it's nearly an impossibility but it'd be cool if for private games there were a series of tick boxes so you could toggle on or off things like item icons, what vehicles spawn and how many. That way the match could be tailored to the difficulty the players want.

What this man said.

Don't make seperate game modes as we cannot afford to split up the player base right now.

if this were added make it a custom setting in private matches.

Tonight was a good night. I decided to see how bad it would get if I mained Jason 7 all night. Expecting to get my ass handed to me at some point, I ended up getting all No Survivor rounds against a competent bunch of players; so competent that we were able to get one of these.....

2vwv1b9.gif

That's me with the nice ass on the right. 

This is what we're talking about @MichaelMemers

Oct. 11 the windows was still broke yes?

I just want them to revert to the old window breaking mechanics, the way it’s been for several months now has been terrible. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

Oct. 11 the windows was still broke yes?

I just want them to revert to the old window breaking mechanics, the way it’s been for several months now has been terrible. 

Agreed, the windows still suck. Not as much but still.