Oct. 11 Mode  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of a game mode that is configured the way the game used to play? ie. No Drop Icons, faster car, Strong Jason, mask off required to kill, etc.

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't know. I didn't play the game before the late October patch.

Poll Question:

Would you be in favor of a game mode that is configured to play the way the game used to be? ie. No Drop Icons, faster car, Strong Jason, mask off required to kill, etc.

I know it's nearly an impossibility but it'd be cool if for private games there were a series of tick boxes so you could toggle on or off things like item icons, what vehicles spawn and how many. That way the match could be tailored to the difficulty the players want.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I prefer the last patch to any other patch Ive seen. (Minus Jason's nerf grab)   Yea it was a bit  frustrating as Jason with the nerf Grab and Bully Counselors with some added weapon opportunities,  but when you got your kills you really felt like you accomplished something. But it wasn't overly frustrating.  since the grab has been fixed, it shouldn't be too bad.  It was the grab that was the worst of the patch. . Unlike this patch where you get pissed if you leave one Counselor alive.  The Game was 1000x more fun as a counselor than it is  now.   Which is more frustrating than anything because they just get picked off so easily one by one in QP.     When I play a game, I want to have FUN.  I don't want to be frustrated playing the damn thing.

Im all in favor of choosing the difference patches you would like to play 

• Like 1

If they added modes like this ,they would unneedlesly split the player base on the same game with a different  difficulty .If their is another game mode added I want it to be something meaningful like paranoia (if its still coming) that will divide the community but would be fresh alternative to quick play ,not a hard mode with nearly the same mechanics.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Drop icons was a horrible idea.

For quick play it's kind of a necessity, how many times have you seen someone knowingly escape with the fuse in there pocket. Without the drop icon you would still be searching drawers when it was laying on the shore. Also trolls loved to carry parts to the middle of no where to hide them. 

For private matches and groups that communicate, they're really not needed.

• Like 3

While the current car is slower, it's not super slow. The right perks will bring it up to or past pre-patch speed. It can actually make it easier to navigate off-road since you won't be crashing so much.

To my knowledge it may have been that Jason could always be killed with his mask on, but no one figured it out until recently. Traps and shotguns can lower his health past the death threshold but they don't remove the mask, thus you can kill him with the mask on. They should just ensure that the next melee hit that is not a stun will remove the mask when he's near death.

Drop icons are necessary because of trolls. Not everyone has multiple friends to play with each and every time they get on to play. You can't expect to always and only play with a full lobby of friends, that's unrealistic. Just give Jason a few extra buffs to balance it all out.

I voted no cause the latest Jason changes were necessary but I’m not a fan of the item icons on the map.

Like @AdmiralJT said, I’m just waiting for them to add these toggle options for private matches. They still haven’t added an option to remove friendly fire from private matches even though they said they would back in the summer. Any news on this @ShiftySamurai ? This is one of the main reasons groups I play with stick with QP.

By “strong Jason” I’m not sure what you mean when he’s in a better state now then he was back then.

3 hours ago, Caulus said:

Strong Jason

Jason is probably at his strongest now. 

I wanna see a side by side comparison of the car speeds. Maybe it's just a console thing because on PC the car drives fine. If it is slower, it's not enough to make it harder to escape or easier to catch. 

I would love for them to bring things back to Oct 11 just to show people that it wasn't as good as they thought it was.

Heck no! 

Anybody that wants that patch are probably the trash Jason players who could only benefit from his stretch armstrong grab and needed that leverage because they don't want to block and learn how to properly throw knives.

The way it is currently set up I'll say it's the most balanced.

• Thanks 1

There has been no "balanced" patches yet.  They have either favor one side or the other. far too much from either Counselors escaping 9 times out of 10 or Jason mopping up QB lobbies 9 times out of 10. 

Dont know how ANY of that can be considered "balanced" .  ROFLMAO @ people thinking there is "balance" in this game. 

3 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I know it's nearly an impossibility but it'd be cool if for private games there were a series of tick boxes so you could toggle on or off things like item icons, what vehicles spawn and how many. That way the match could be tailored to the difficulty the players want.

I agree, this sounds like a good idea.

13 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

There has been no "balanced" patches yet.  They have either favor one side or the other. far too much from either Counselors escaping 9 times out of 10 or Jason mopping up QB lobbies 9 times out of 10. 

Dont know how ANY of that can be considered "balanced" .  ROFLMAO @ people thinking there is "balance" in this game. 

Focus your frustration towards Gun and Illphonic then.

It's a fairly new genre of game so balance isn't as much of a given as it is with other multiplayer type games. This game requires balance tweaks more often because it's breaking new ground and Gun/Illphonic need to step up to adjust things on a more regular basis.

Going back to piñata Jason should never happen and hopefully never will.

38 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Focus your frustration towards Gun and Illphonic then.

It's a fairly new genre of game so balance isn't as much of a given as it is with other multiplayer type games. This game requires balance tweaks more often because it's breaking new ground and Gun/Illphonic need to step up to adjust things on a more regular basis.

Going back to piñata Jason should never happen and hopefully never will.

If they went back to more focus on the last patch just without the nerf grab, I would say there be some even balance enough at least in QP anyways.  New players would be able to enjoy longer games instead of getting destroyed in minutes, and there would be better opportunity for people ranging in all skill levels to escape.  A lot of the piñata stuff was the result of how poor Jason's grab was.  You can still slice and dice some counselors if needbe if they want to get their bully groups and start dancing.  Still it would at least place of difficulty on Jason in QP.  Not much difficulty going for him now if you have played the game long enough to learn the basic mechanics 

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Jason is probably at his strongest now. 

I wanna see a side by side comparison of the car speeds. Maybe it's just a console thing because on PC the car drives fine. If it is slower, it's not enough to make it harder to escape or easier to catch. 

I would love for them to bring things back to Oct 11 just to show people that it wasn't as good as they thought it was.

no he is not against radoms yes actual good players he is blubbering wuss

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

If u put today's playbase with the Oct 11 build he'd still be a blubbering wuss

15 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

If u put today's playbase with the Oct 11 build he'd still be a blubbering wuss

do you mean playerbase and no he wouldn't he be much stronger one his grab is never changed two the doors come down quickier 4 normal 2 +destruction and traps are never changed as well

Posted (edited)

Nope, I much prefer the most recent patch. It's not perfect, but the devs were clearly listening when they made several changes. I even remember advocating for a short while that wrenches needed to be reduced because they were too good for basically anyone, and the devs one-upped that idea by also reducing machetes while revealing that some of the weapons were crappier than we thought (pots/pans had worse stun than previously stated).

Drop icons are necessary for QP; without it, trolls could easily hide parts in the middle of nowhere to make sure nothing could get done. But I could imagine private matches being able to toggle the feature off in the future. The devs talked about this in a previous thread they created a while back, and considering the playerbase overwhelmingly supported the idea in a poll that came around the same time I can imagine drop icons will never disappear in QP.

Edit: Oh hey, I found that a poll a long time ago about the drop icons. Yup, most people still liked it, just wanted the option to toggle it off in private matches which I believe is still a good idea.

Edited by Trident77
  • Like 1

Good players on good teams yes.  I don't have problems against good players if they are on random teams.  Everyone has to work together now basically.   Even a good player teaming up with a bunch of randoms is doomsday for the lobby against a good Jason. But who the hell works together on QP now?   You may have find 2 counselor max working together. Doesn't mean anything if the other 5-6 aren't helping 

53 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

6 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Good players on good teams yes.  I don't have problems against good players if they are on random teams.  Everyone has to work together now basically.   Even a good player teaming up with a bunch of randoms is doomsday for the lobby against a good Jason. But who the hell works together on QP now?   You may have find 2 counselor max working together. Doesn't mean anything if the other 5-6 aren't helping 

no even in a qp lobby at most you need 2 good players to survive 

1 hour ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no even in a qp lobby at most you need 2 good players to survive 

Absolutely. 

I don't understand on these people crying for "balance"   its 1 versus 7 for crying out loud, make it more "balanced" in what i have been reading is "I can no longer solo and tea bag Jason, give that back"  I swear, people just want the victory fucking handed to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DorianRo said:

If they went back to more focus on the last patch just without the nerf grab, I would say there be some even balance enough at least in QP anyways.  New players would be able to enjoy longer games instead of getting destroyed in minutes, and there would be better opportunity for people ranging in all skill levels to escape.  A lot of the piñata stuff was the result of how poor Jason's grab was.  You can still slice and dice some counselors if needbe if they want to get their bully groups and start dancing.  Still it would at least place of difficulty on Jason in QP.  Not much difficulty going for him now if you have played the game long enough to learn the basic mechanics 

I disagree and I'll use an example or two:

I don't know how old you are but in Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo- myself and millions of other players died when we encountered the first enemy. Over time we learned how to avoid or kill enemies and progress through the levels and game. We got better the more we played. The levels never changed, they were consistent in their level of danger as Jason should be in this game. He's the stick by which you measure your own personal ability. Catering to the least experienced player benefits no one.

I agree that short matches suck. The issue isn't Jason, the issue is not being able to immediately find a new game/lobby after death. Being forced to spectate is beyond stupid. In a shooter multiplayer, a player dies and then can immediately respawn. In Dead by Daylight, you die and can immediately find a new game. The option to find a new game allows players to get better each time, in a shorter amount of time. Reverting to the last patch, a very broken patch that contributed to the decline in the playerbase, is an overall bad idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Getting the option to leave with all accumulated XP and badges earned after Tommy has been summoned would be a good idea.

Although watching how the other counselors play is also nice and I don’t mind spectating.