J.J.

I thought there was an update?

So the update on Roy and Weapon swapping etc. has been announced yet it's still not here. Why is that?

Just release it as soon as you announce it. It's nothing special to make us wait for even longer. It's only very minor changes.

Do you get outraged when they show previews for a movie 3 months before it's released?

• Haha 1

They have stated there will be no updates until April.  I agree that it seems like a minor update that could be done, but that's how they roll.  Announce and wait.  And wait.  And wait.  Maybe they will surprise us.  If not, we wait. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Do you get outraged when they show previews for a movie 3 months before it's released?

Comparing a movie with a slight colour change and weapon swapping (a very basic thing that millions of games already has).

I understand waiting for the big updates after announcements such as new maps and Jason's but to act like this is a big event is ridiculous just give us the bare bones update already.

Just now, J.J. said:

Comparing a movie with a slight colour change and weapon swapping (a very basic thing that millions of games already has).

I understand waiting for the big updates after announcements such as new maps and Jason's but to act like this is a big event is ridiculous just give us the bare bones update already.

Millions of games may have it but this game doesn't, that means it has to be engineered, tested and then released. It's only another 4 or 6 Weekes away so just relax.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Millions of games may have it but this game doesn't, that means it has to be engineered, tested and then released. It's only another 4 or 6 Weekes away so just relax.

The weapon animations have already been made they just need to add them to different skins which I doubt takes long. (Plus they already showed that they have it working in the trailer).

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

The weapon animations have already been made they just need to add them to different skins which I doubt takes long. (Plus they already showed that they have it working in the trailer).

They still have the certification process though.  That seems to be a major hang up for them so they try to cram as much as possible into one update so they don't have to do it over and over.  

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

They have it working in a demo, do you think they just write lines of code add it to the game and every thing is perfect? 

12 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

They have it working in a demo, do you think they just write lines of code add it to the game and every thing is perfect? 

Yes.

"Spoon" is back! :lol:

I'm pretty sure both of those are going to be included in the next patch, not before.

22 minutes ago, J.J. said:

You are forgetting SP challenges and an engine upgrade. Those are significant changes

Organization:  Actual version of UE 4.13, has caused limitations to the game, and prevented from solving problems. They want to transfer everything to version 4.18 for the game to be smooth

• Like 1

I'm a gangster! B)

• Confused 1

People now days, I swear, they want everything "NOW NOW NOW"  Would you rather something be released and not be fully tested, and reintroduce us to even MORE bugs, or would you rather they get everything they want to done?  You don't understand, those of us who have been here since launch had to wait 8 months or better just for single player. We dealt with force grab Jason, people sitting on roofs of houses,  team killing,  more areas that only counselors could reach that made them impossible to kill,  balances, rebalances, perks being nerfed.  So waiting is part of the game, have some patience for crying out loud.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

People now days, I swear, they want everything "NOW NOW NOW"  Would you rather something be released and not be fully tested, and reintroduce us to even MORE bugs, or would you rather they get everything they want to done?  You don't understand, those of us who have been here since launch had to wait 8 months or better just for single player. We dealt with force grab Jason, people sitting on roofs of houses,  team killing,  more areas that only counselors could reach that made them impossible to kill,  balances, rebalances, perks being nerfed.  So waiting is part of the game, have some patience for crying out loud.

Don't tell me about patience. I had to wait till 22 to finally lose my virginity! :angry:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Don't tell me about patience. I had to wait till 22 to finally lose my virginity! :angry:

That’s sad, well not that sad I lost my virgin life, when I was 15 to someone who cheated on me. :wacko:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

That’s sad, well not that sad I lost my virgin life, when I was 15 to someone who cheated on me. :wacko:

As if 15 year-olds are all about faithfulness.

Haha.

Now that underage sex has appeared in this thread, it is officially a Friday the 13th thread!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

As if 15 year-olds are all about faithfulness.

Haha.

Now that underage sex has appeared in this thread, it is officially a Friday the 13th thread!

I wasn't expecting it to change route down this road, but I guess you're right! All I'll say is, I've seen most under 18 relationships collapse through cheating or one thing or another, as for losing your virginity at that age, well it should hopefully have been your choice but in many cases it ends in a pregnancy where the boy has long since disappeared...

12 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

They still have the certification process though.  That seems to be a major hang up for them so they try to cram as much as possible into one update so they don't have to do it over and over.  

Exactly, from a game developers point of view its best to bundle the content in one package to ease the certification process. We will have to wait until April which isn't that far away really. I think we are to used to having things given instantly these days, but in some ways having to wait for bundled content should make us feel better when its released. If it was given piecemeal, I think people would not be so grateful for it and would expect more updates even quicker.

Back on topic, this is not a thread to be discussing sex or virginity in...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Back on topic, this is not a thread to be discussing sex or virginity in...

@Kodiak - you, sir, are our rock and our redeemer. (In a very F13 forums-specific and totally non-biblical way.)

Anyway, back to what should be a very short thread -- @J.J., if you understood about coding and testing, you'd understand the purpose for the wait period. Any change -- ANY change, if not pretty much perfect, could ruin the game and make it physically unplayable. So -- if their procedure is anything like what I'm familiar with -- once it is "finalized," they set a release date, and test it up until that point.

That being said -- the F13 community is so ravenous and demanding for knowledge about updates, the devs tend to let us know what is coming in advance to keep everyone satiated. But they still don't release until their release date.

WHY don't they tell us the release dates they plan, you ask? 

What if something goes wrong with it, or they discover a problem with the coding right before it releases? Then, of course, they'd have to delay the release.

If they'd TOLD us beforehand when they'd planned to release it, they'd have to say, "Sorry, not releasing today," and then the community grabs torches and pitchforks.

Hence, the familiar, "Soon™."

Anyway, that's why. Most folks would like to know it's coming sooner than later, rather than having the devs withhold that information from us.

That's the long-and-short of it.

21 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Anyway, that's why. Most folks would like to know it's coming sooner than later, rather than having the devs withhold that information from us.

I mean, Friday, April 13th makes more sense for the next big content push anyways.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the things @J.J. mentioned, as well as a few other unannounced surprises.

All good things come to those who wait