Hardcore mode includes: no walkie talkies, less melee weapons available/weapons break often, crawling through broken widows automatically puts you on your final hit, jason hears (the car start, when you're on the phone with the police, the boat engine) or his mother helps him by saying "they're trying to escape jason. Stop them." (When repairs are made), jasons rage activates automatically when any counselor escapes. (Rage activation increases his walk/run speed, can sense all counselors even with sense avoidence perks, abilities cooldown time decreases to a 3 second wait), slim to none chance the radio to call tommy jarvas will be on the map, 7 min wait for police and jason already knows where they will show up before they get there, if jason is "killed" the counselors will have 2 mins to escape (in a boat, with police, or in a car) before he automatically revives, jason stun time lasts 5 seconds( 3 in rage mode), each hit jason takes increases rage meter more (after 5 hits rage mode activated), everyone is prone to fear and loses mini map automatically when jason is nearby or dead body is seen, if jason stops car 3 times all repairs to car has to be done again, police will only pick up the counselor who called and 2 others and will have to be called again to pick up more, if there are 3 vehicles there will only be 2 gas containers (2 vehicles 1 gas container), as added fun the boat will already have the bolder and chain in it so counselors will have the choice to "drown" jason or escape ( "drowning" jason will be the only way to "kill" him and will consist of a "button mash contest" for the counselor trying to put it on him and jason trying to flip the boat over), survivors will gain triple XP and double CP for surviving hardcore jason will receive normal if anyone escapes and triple XP and double CP for all counselors killed, tommy can only be called when 3 or more players have died, jason can grab counsors from a downed position for quick kill (stops counselors from ganging up on him and t-bagging him), if Jason's mask is removed counselors will stay in fear, and last but not least weather conditions will alter the game (strong winds will radomly open unlocked doors, thuderstorms will radomly destroy power boxes/generators, power is needed to call police, running in rain off road will incrase stumbling, running outside with rain and strong winds will decrease counselor speed from cold, weather does not affect jason).

1 hour ago, Taistarkkent said:

Hardcore mode includes: no walkie talkies,

I do think this game needs a hardcore mode. But everything you posted sounds, well..  annoying.  Not just annoying to play but, also annoying to create for the game devs.  And i doubt anyone would want to play what ever you just concocted.

• Like 1

The problem with this is that counselors need some chance to win. Most of these ideas that I skimmed in that massive wall of text take the game from challenging to impossible. It's not even so much that it's "hardcore." It's more like Can't win. Might as well add the part where even if you get off the map, Jason kills you in a cut scene, or where when you do call the police the operator just laughs at you and tells you you're fucked. 

Bad ideas. 

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The problem with this is that counselors need some chance to win. Most of these ideas that I skimmed in that massive wall of text take the game from challenging to impossible. It's not even so much that it's "hardcore." It's more like Can't win. Might as well add the part where even if you get off the map, Jason kills you in a cut scene, or where when you do call the police the operator just laughs at you and tells you you're fucked. 

Bad ideas. 

You actually took the time to read all of that shit? I read the first two "sentences" and said, "Well, this is stupid!" and moved on. You have more patience than I, sir.

Yeah the OP just wants zero chance for counselors to win. The game does need work but not from nerfing counselors into oblivion. Just iron out the kinks and add some extra features that are sorely needed.

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

You actually took the time to read all of that shit? I read the first two "sentences" and said, "Well, this is stupid!" and moved on. You have more patience than I, sir.

I skimmed a bit. I didn't see everything, but I'm not rewarding that block of text with a thorough reading. 

As far as content, things like waiting 7 minutes for the police and the like....nothing sounded good that I saw. 

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I skimmed a bit. I didn't see everything, but I'm not rewarding that block of text with a thorough reading. 

As far as content, things like waiting 7 minutes for the police and the like....nothing sounded good that I saw. 

I agree with you. I tend to come down on some people that complain about how hard it is to play as a counselor now (because it should be hard to be a counselor), but what this guy is proposing is just ridiculous. I'm all for hardcore gameplay. My friends and I sometimes turn down the gamma and audio in private play. The jump scare potential with that is pretty good. I love a challenge, but these ideas just seem like suicide.

3 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I agree with you. I tend to come down on some people that complain about how hard it is to play as a counselor now (because it should be hard to be a counselor), but what this guy is proposing is just ridiculous. I'm all for hardcore gameplay. My friends and I sometimes turn down the gamma and audio in private play. The jump scare potential with that is pretty good. I love a challenge, but these ideas just seem like suicide.

Yeah. I'm all for it being uphill for the counselors, but there has to be a chance to win, otherwise why bother? Under the ideas proposed, our best bet would be to not bother with objectives and just fortify and try to last the 20 minutes...

...unless Jason is supposed to get an indefinite window of time or some such in which to kill everybody. 

Needless to say, why bother to play anything but bots with that "balance?"

I do like the idea of a hardcore mode.... but there is a point when it is taken too far. 
  Crawling through a broken window putting you on the verge of death... if you ever played against me as Jason.... no one would ever survive a match with this one. Smashing windows is one of my favorite in game pastimes.
  If you do hear the boat start, or get a warning of it leaving.... those in the boat literally have no chance of escape. I do like your balance point here of having a chance to 'drown' Jason as was done in part 6. Instead of button mashing, perhaps a mini game (much like doing a repair) based on counselor strength. With the existing mechanic of Jason just dumping counselors out of the boat, big changes would be needed here.
   Sense avoidance perks still need their chance to actually work, whether rage is active or not. Although rage slightly increasing walk and run speed I do like, the ability regenerations in rage increasing more than they do already is unnecessary and too over powered. Sense range in rage mode is also over powered enough already and fits well in the game.
   If Jason came back after he was killed, he would probably find the battle Chads standing over him, just waiting to do it as many times as they could fit into the time limit. Killing Jason once in a game is enough for anybody.
  The lackluster police force idea made me laugh... it reminds me of the cops in the Simpsons. But no one would ever succeed in calling them with your other restrictions, unless Jason just happened to be busy with the car or boat. But with the other restrictions you have put on repairing vehicles alone, this would be even more unlikely. It is believable that such a police force would stop for coffee on their way to save the counselors, 7 minutes is still a bit much in a twenty minute match.
   Stopping the car three times and repairs need to be done again..... not a bad idea, but you would rarely see a car stopped three times in this mode or any other. We would still need enough repair items to complete each vehicle, or at least the ability to remove the battery and syphon the gas back into a jerry can.
   Weather effects are not a bad idea either, but a door barricaded with a bar will not blow open unless the door frame is ripped off. Door frames are actually the strongest part of any wall when framed properly. Lightning randomly destroying power boxes would remove the need for Jason to do it himself. Power is required for the phone already, hence the fuse repair.... phone lines are independent of power lines. Running through mud increasing stumbling is not a bad idea. Strong winds slowing people down, you would need near hurricane force winds for that and it would also effect Jason.
   Just being near Jason increases fear already, mask on or not. But perhaps fear should go up quicker if they see him without his mask.

I am all for a hardcore mode in this game and would play it, but lets not take things quite this far.

17 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I do think this game needs a hardcore mode. But everything you posted sounds, well..  annoying.  Not just annoying to play but, also annoying to create for the game devs.  And i doubt anyone would want to play what ever you just concocted.

The audacity of you calling anything annoying when you admitted to trolling by holding onto the fuse, keys, and repair items. Ok. 

5 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

The audacity of you calling anything annoying when you admitted to trolling by holding onto the fuse, keys, and repair items. Ok. 

I don't remember admitting to trolling... 

I said i hold keys.. FOR ME!!!        I also said if i don't feel like doing objectives i won't.    That had nothing to do with trolling.   Just me being honest about it.

Also that topic that you're dragging up... Was months ago (During the shitty patch that nerfed jason and dumped 8 pocket knives).  So i did what i did to enjoy myself.

So, do me a favor and don't act like a crazy ex girlfriend complaining about things I said a while ago.    :P

I think a better idea for a "hardcore" mode would be Camp Blood. A run down crystal lake... more boarded up windows , if they aren't boarded then they are already broken... doors missing and already cracked up... no power to begin with, power would need to be restored to call tommy... lots of vegetation to slow down and stumble... weapons would already be rotted and break easier... just a thought.