FreakyFrank1

What is scarier ? A running killer/monster or one who walk but can receive more abuse ?

The point of this topic is to know what is more scary and tense...

A killer/monster who can run or one who move at a slower pace but is more tougher to take down.

For me its gotta be the ones that can run...why ?

Because its a lot more tense when something is running toward you since it leave you with less time to think about a strategy,you need to pick up the pace yourself and think quick if you want to survive.

Thats why running zombies are always much more of a threat than the slower ones.

Think about any movies where the killer/monster always move at a slow steady pace,now imagine those movies if they ran instead,things would be quite different.

For exemple take the movie (It Follows),now imagine if the creature in that movie always ran without ever being exhausted,always going at a constant running pace,i tell ya the peoples who have the curse wouldnt have time to stick around and would always need to be on the move,always going from place to place in a car,hoping that they dont ran out of gas or are stoped by the police (or being in a accident) then sent to jail or a hospital/asylum or else they are f***ed.

But what about you guys ? Wich one do you think is scarier ?

I prefer slow moving monsters/zombies, especially in horror movies.

Running creatures are scary for all the reasons you list, but it's a heightened adrenaline where they run at you, and either you escape or die. The thing with a slow moving, never stopping creature is that it's scary because it's always coming for you. It's a different kind of tension, less one pure moment of fear and more a constant creeping dread.

I also like it because it adds a human element to people dying. It's like how in the game here, often you feel like you die because you made a dumb mistake. I love that in horror movies. You can think of strategies to survive, ways to escape, but one dumb mistake and they get you...

A fast killer is more thrilling, it gets the adrenaline going more. A slow killer is more foreboding, like that deep sinking feeling. It's like getting eaten by a lion vs slowly dying from a snake bite. One is more immediately frightening, the other is more horrifying in that it makes you ponder all your life choices up until you die.

• Like 2

It depends. Running would definitely be very unnerving, but something that just keeps coming no matter what you hit it with is eventually going to wear you down. 

Definitely the walking ones because they work on more than one level. Not only is their threat physical, but their unstoppable natures slowly wears you down psychologicaly and emotionally until you break

A killer that runs at you is scarier and more realistic. You don't have time to think. You get tired and worn down quickly. Your life can end faster.

A killer that walks allows you to gain some distance, recover stamina and think of a plan. Your life is not in any immediate danger. You have time to survive.

Walking killers only works in the movies. They don't work in real life. Being chase by a mountain lion is a 100 times scarier then an alligator on land.

I prefer a walking killer that is unstoppable. It instills more fear into the prey when they see it can't be easily taken down, and while the victim gets tired from running and getting away multiple times, the killer still keeps going.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 5:38 PM, Loading said:

A killer that runs at you is scarier and more realistic. You don't have time to think. You get tired and worn down quickly. Your life can end faster.

A killer that walks allows you to gain some distance, recover stamina and think of a plan. Your life is not in any immediate danger. You have time to survive.

Walking killers only works in the movies. They don't work in real life. Being chase by a mountain lion is a 100 times scarier then an alligator on land.

This is true. A guy went on a knife rampage on a college campus and injured 5 people. No one died. Conversely, assault rifles are far more deadly.

I prefer something that creeps rather than running. There's a lot to be said for a creature being everywhere at once, like Jason and Michael Myers tend to do. No matter how much you run, they will always find you. In my opinion, that's scarier than something running at me. I might have less time to react, but I feel like I can react more to someone running up on me, rather than just stalking me.

I think there is a terrifying element to the stalking, slow moving killer. Almost a confidence that they will get you no matter what. They dont fear what you can attack them with.

As others have said, I prefer slow zombies in my flicks. Part of me thinks its the way Romero started it. Another reason is the fact i feel thr undead rising should be slower in their animations and movements. 

Don't get me wrong, something about ultra fast and powerful killers gets the adrenaline pumping. The non-stop action, the feeling of wondering who will tire out first or can you think fast enough to escape. Its awesome, but i still prefer my creepy, slow-moving adversaries.

Would you rather

a. know your life is about to end albeit quickly and have little if any time to prepare or...

b. fear for your life to end over an agonizingly long period of time because an unstoppable force is coming for you and you know there is little if anything you can do?

There is a much larger psychological component to B than there is to A. Sure if the fast thing sees you its probably going to get you because its faster than you are but the "what if" aspect to the slower unstoppable monster can create its own set of challenges. It's one thing I always liked about the Romero movies; sure you can outrun a zombie but the sheer utter hopelessness and mass amount of them is more disheartening than the thought of what if one could run me down?