Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So one of the last games I played featured someone using Part 4 Jason. Said Jason was unable to be stunned, though weapons could hit him. He also had a shift that moved him an abnormally long distance.

However, the most notable aspect that let the whole lobby know he was hacking?

His ability to use kills with the Hedge Clippers and Part 6's fence post.

Be wary if you see this, the weapon swap hasn't been released yet and it certainly doesn't let you switch weapons on the fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any video?  I'd like to see it.  What platform?  I'm guessing PC probably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, yeah, this is PC.

I'd record video but I don't know how to do so on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened to me once on Xbox when we were stunning Jason the counselors would react as if he was stunned but it didn't effect him. I believe there is a way to activate this glitch on purpose but the person who was Jason in my game didn't know what was happening or how it happened so I assume it could be triggered on accident too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess that's the double edged sword of PC play. You got dedicated servers, but also have dedicated modders/cheaters.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

Guess that's the double edged sword of PC play. You got dedicated servers, but to also have dedicated modders/cheaters.

Yeah. Was having a hell of a night too; tons of lobbies with 5 people and then the jason would just freaking quit without getting any kills. We got ONE full match, but the jason was said cheater. I had managed to call the cops and was tommy but even Tommy can't outrun or outfight a non-stunable jason with super shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Guess that's the double edged sword of PC play. You got dedicated servers, but to also have dedicated modders/cheaters.

And this is why the PS4 is going to kick serious ass soon: dedicated servers AND hackers/modders/cheaters won't be able to screw with the game until it's finally died down because patches/Sony will cut these people down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

So one of the last games I played featured someone using Part 4 Jason. Said Jason was unable to be stunned, though weapons could hit him. He also had a shift that moved him an abnormally long distance.

However, the most notable aspect that let the whole lobby know he was hacking?

His ability to use kills with the Hedge Clippers and Part 6's fence post.

Be wary if you see this, the weapon swap hasn't been released yet and it certainly doesn't let you switch weapons on the fly.

Have you reported the issues yet?

If not, report it to: http://www.jasonkillsbugs.com(thats if you managed to record it/take a screenshot of the issuse).

If you didn't, PM @wes or @[IllFonic]Courier to see if they can ban the player using the hacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rediscovered a video yesterday I took of a match 3 weeks ago where a part 5 Jason couldn't be stunned on Xbox. I got 2 hits on him with a baseball ball bat, nothing. Vanessa and Tommy got him 5 times with a baseball bat, nothing.  Walked into a trap,  nothing. He was even running around with it on his foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a hack though or a glitch that can happen on accident? If it's something that can be triggered on accident is it still considered a hack even though some Jason players know how to do the glitch? Like I said I seen it happen on Xbox and I don't want fair players banned for a glitch that can randomly occur on accident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Guess that's the double edged sword of PC play. You got dedicated servers, but to also have dedicated modders/cheaters.

True, but I'd rather deal the occasional cheater over consistent issue with host leaving mid match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, strange, I saw a VERY proficient part 4 that looked good... until he walked down a narrow hallway through fireworks without a stun, at which point my "Hey, that looks like bullshit!" antenna went up. That's the thing, though; this game is so wacked, that if something busted happens, there's about equal odds that the game glitches, not the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Have you reported the issues yet?

If not, report it to: http://www.jasonkillsbugs.com(thats if you managed to record it/take a screenshot of the issuse).

If you didn't, PM @wes or @[IllFonic]Courier to see if they can ban the player using the hacks.

As I said, I'd record my PC games, but I don't know HOW. Seriously, I'd show these vids off left and right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I rediscovered a video yesterday I took of a match 3 weeks ago where a part 5 Jason couldn't be stunned on Xbox. I got 2 hits on him with a baseball ball bat, nothing. Vanessa and Tommy got him 5 times with a baseball bat, nothing.  Walked into a trap,  nothing. He was even running around with it on his foot.

That was an issue a few months after release. Jason could combat stance and not be affected by traps, firecrackers, or flare guns . It was coded out as it wasn't intended. I wonder if what you saw was another coding issue or some sort of hack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Risinggrave said:

That was an issue a few months after release. Jason could combat stance and not be affected by traps, firecrackers, or flare guns . It was coded out as it wasn't intended. I wonder if what you saw was another coding issue or some sort of hack. 

Not sure. He had a higher ping, but not ridiculous (around 300-350 ms). I can upload the video to my feed and you can take a look for yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

Not sure. He had a higher ping, but not ridiculous (around 300-350 ms). I can upload the video to my feed and you can take a look for yourself?

I wouldn't be able to tell if he hacked it or not. But I'll look at it if you want to share. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

As I said, I'd record my PC games, but I don't know HOW. Seriously, I'd show these vids off left and right.

If you're running an nvidia card and can stomach their GeForce Experience bloatware, look at Shadowplay. Runs in the background with little performance hit, and let's you save the last 20 minutes of gameplay to file at the end of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Sorry, yeah, this is PC.

I'd record video but I don't know how to do so on PC.

   If you have G force experience, you can record with Shadowplay. When in game, press the windows key and hold, then press 'G'. This will bring up the menu (in game) to record video or take screenshots. Same command gets rid of the menu. Videos and screenshots go into: this PC / videos folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ahab said:

   If you have G force experience, you can record with Shadowplay. When in game, press the windows key and hold, then press 'G'. This will bring up the menu (in game) to record video or take screenshots. Same command gets rid of the menu. Videos and screenshots go into: this PC / videos folder.

I see. I'll have to look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I wouldn't be able to tell if he hacked it or not. But I'll look at it if you want to share. 

Just shared it to my feed, you should be able to see it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Just shared it to my feed, you should be able to see it now.

The newest video, and the one I watched had a dumb ass Chad dancing on a table being useless and getting run over by a Deb when he tried to escape via her car. I love seeing karma like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The newest video, and the one I watched had a dumb ass Chad dancing on a table being useless and getting run over by a Deb when he tried to escape via her car. I love seeing karma like that. 

Hmmm, I just shared the other one.  But yeah, in the one you're watching, the host runs down 3 people in the car.

I just shared the other video via message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

It happened to me once on Xbox when we were stunning Jason the counselors would react as if he was stunned but it didn't effect him. I believe there is a way to activate this glitch on purpose but the person who was Jason in my game didn't know what was happening or how it happened so I assume it could be triggered on accident too. 

 

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

That was an issue a few months after release. Jason could combat stance and not be affected by traps, firecrackers, or flare guns . It was coded out as it wasn't intended. I wonder if what you saw was another coding issue or some sort of hack. 

Yea this glitch has to do with counselor traps, and is most likely not done intentionally.  It's the result of the last patch for the consoles.  But what OP experienced sounds like a straight hack because of the shift and part 6 kill .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

As I said, I'd record my PC games, but I don't know HOW. Seriously, I'd show these vids off left and right.

I use a free game recording program called LoiLo to capture my videos. It's very simple to use and right to the point.
http://download.cnet.com/LoiLo-Game-Recorder/3000-13633_4-77507655.html

When you do set it up to record, in Settings (The Gear Icon), make sure you have Middle Speed Windowed Mode in the Recording category selected and Constant Frame Rate ticked. Otherwise it won't work on the F13 game. It will save them on high MP4 format with a 15 minute video being over 2 GB or more but if you don't, the video will come out blurry and crappy looking. https://i.gyazo.com/b71691eac6e146a4c5987e325e9d8f0f.png You can adjust the file format through Windows Movie Maker easy. I have a Youtube account which I use as more of a personal video storage for myself to share with my friends. Save to your Youtube account and send the link to the http://www.jasonkillsbugs.com

Here is a video I recorded using that program. It comes out very decent for free video capture software.

https://youtu.be/777WwRAxb8M

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×