TheHansonGoons

Why do people feel the need for Jason Perks?

I think more options and ability to customize is the appeal. I agree Jason is strong, and if there’s Jason perks the effects must be subtle, and always have a negative. Example 5% increase to shift cooldown, but a 3% hit to morph. And maybe perks could only be applied to average or negative stats?

9 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I think more options and ability to customize is the appeal. I agree Jason is strong, and if there’s Jason perks the effects must be subtle, and always have a negative. Example 5% increase to shift cooldown, but a 3% hit to morph. And maybe perks could only be applied to average or negative stats?

That's how the Counselor perks started out.  The negatives turn out to be increasingly insignificant compared to the positives, and most of the time hardly even related.

Jason already has his strengths and weaknesses.  We should rarely mess with those; Jason doesn't need a copy and paste of the Counselor system.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think because most of the suggested perks are OP, and balance is at a nice place right now. If Jason did have perks, they would probably be little things ie. quieter footsteps, weaker red light in the water, has a radio that cuts in and out so he can hear plans. One extra trap would be nice sometimes. 

The other thing they could do is tie powers together like Stalk and shift, sense and shift you'd activate one and the other would go active for the same length of time, draining but only the length of time it's active, Morph and Stalk would make you appear with Stalk up till you deactivate it. Tying to many powers together would end up hurting Jason in the long run. 

To answer the question, mostly it's about customization, but it also would add a little uncertainty as Jason would have unknown potential, currently you know what to expect when you see any particular Jason. I think at some point he might need them, counselors will get more items, weapons or just to balance the legendary counselor perks. 

(That is a very salty title, I don't believe anyone needs Jason to have perks.) 

As for people wanting Jason stronger, I do.... but I also want the counselors to be stronger/have more options, to balance it out. The game is a teeter totter, add something on one side, make the lever longer on the other. Using this analogy, eventually Jason will need to add weight as just getting faster (making his lever longer) eventually won't work, in fact we're about there now. You make Jason any faster as a balance and you'll remove half the counselors from the game. Jason perks would add weights not length, the balance needs to be fixed for repair counselors, but not by making Jason slower. If it is fixed that just piles more weight on the counselor side.

I worked all night so my brains mush, I think there's at least one good idea in there, somewhere. (Or two or three answers to the OP.) B)

I don't know why, but weaker red light in the water is just a perfect idea for a perk!

22 minutes ago, RezBlaze said:

That's how the Counselor perks started out.  The negatives turn out to be increasingly insignificant compared to the positives, and most of the time hardly even related.

Jason already has his strengths and weaknesses.  We should rarely mess with those; Jason doesn't need a copy and paste of the Counselor system.

I agree something different or better than the counselors system would be best.  This game may need to do something to expand the longevity of the game and to keep people playing, expanding on the counselors perk system is a start, and maybe implementing something for Jason would be a nice addition, but would have to be subtle, and not game breaking for the counselors 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I agree something different or better than the counselors system would be best.  This game may need to do something to expand the longevity of the game and to keep people playing, expanding on the counselors perk system is a start, and maybe implementing something for Jason would be a nice addition, but would have to be subtle, and not game breaking for the counselors 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/5431-jason-perks/?page=4

Here I made a list of perks.  They are each powerful and useful, but Jason can only equip one of them.  That means you can select each perk depending on how you want to play Jason, rather than just getting an objectively better rarity of perk like Counselors.

While the perk system isn't that broken (except for Medic) compared to DbD, it isn't my favorite that the perks have random negative effects.

• Like 1

I think it might help switch up the game, and might create a new level of excitement for seasoned players who already know each Jason's limitations.  They could be something as simple as 1-2 more traps, 5 throwing knives at start, 15% longer shift, etc.

Jason strengths & weaknesses are already like perks. If you supposedly remove them and gave them the same weapon, then they essentially play exactly the same.

I rather just see the weapon swaps(which is coming) and perhaps a way to change how his loadouts work in different order. Morph should always remain first. Shift, sense and stalk can be arranged to your liking so you don't become predictable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Or you can make it to where they don't have to work together.  When most lobbies no one uses a mic, it is what it is.   Its why the last patch was far superior in this regard.  You didn't need a mic and most don't use one anyways. 

Players already have the option to work alone, don't they?

2 hours ago, carnage4u said:

If people won't work together, you can't make the game easier for them.  They get what they deserve. 

Yep, it's all about the choices they make. No need to water the game down for that.

19 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Players already have the option to work alone, don't they?

Yep, it's all about the choices they make. No need to water the game down for that.

Sure they have the option but its not going to end well against a competent Jason.   Its not even easy against a sub-par Jason.  And most of the times theres no choice but to work alone in QP 

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..

reported for spam..  

You know, that just might work. I don't know if I've ever reported anybody for anything on the site, but if there was a reason to start doing so...

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

:rolleyes:WOW!!! 

Yeah, you need to stop derailing every thread. It's old. 

@Slasher_Clone, sorry for the "saltiness" in the title. It came from going through the suggestions/feedback section and noticing 4 merged threads all on Jason perks. I was also highly surprised to see how many people wanted them and why.

My conception of it was essentially turning Jason into the 6 million dollar man. 

Thanks to you and @carnage4u for providing thoughtful insights and suggestions for them. 

@DorianRo the last patch was the worst. You could kill Jason with 10 year old kids with no mic with ease. It was greatly unbalanced. 

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Slasher_Clone, sorry for the "saltiness" in the title. It came from going through the suggestions/feedback section and noticing 4 merged threads all on Jason perks. I was also highly surprised to see how many people wanted them and why.

My conception of it was essentially turning Jason into the 6 million dollar man. 

Thanks to you and @carnage4u for providing thoughtful insights and suggestions for them. 

@DorianRo the last patch was the worst. You could kill Jason with 10 year old kids with no mic with ease. It was greatly unbalanced. 

10 year old  kid Jasons can DESTROY current QP lobbies with little training.  So whats the difference exactly?  Thats my entire point.    I don't understand how people bitch about the power in the counselor's hands the last patch, yet think everything is OK now.   makes no sense.  Double standard anyone?   The difficulty level needs to be distributed better

19 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

10 year old  kid Jasons can DESTROY current QP lobbies with little training.  So whats the difference exactly?  Thats my entire point.    I don't understand how people bitch about the power in the counselor's hands the last patch, yet think everything is OK now.   makes no sense.  Double standard anyone?   The difficulty level needs to be distributed better

I have played more QP than anything the past few months and i often see escapes. Not every match, but typically every other match people escape. I think you are being dramatic, possibly out of your own frustrations.

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

Man, I think you need to get your turntable needle changed, you seem to keep skipping and repeating the same whining drone over and over and over and over and over....I just wonder if you get as sick of saying the same damn thing in every post as we do of reading it. I survive quite often in QP. Yes it is harder to achieve than it was before this latest patch, but it is supposed to be hard. Personally, I enjoy the challenge. In my experience, when the balance changes in an online game, the community adapts and changes the way they play. I'm afraid that too many people got spoiled by the 3-4 months of counselors being able to troll, tea-bag, and dance their way through matches. It is back to being a horror survival game, as it should be.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have played more QP than anything the past few months and i often see escapes. Not every match, but typically every other match people escape. I think you are being dramatic, possibly out of your own frustrations.

I don't think Dorian realizes that this game is supposed to be 7 v 1, with the one being vastly more powerful than the 7, hence the name asymmetrical horror game That patch in October did more harm than good. Sure, it brought more people in for a short time because it was so similar to DbD in the respect that the "victims" could troll the killer. Now that Jason will basically thrash any counselor that tries to fight one (or two) on one, those players are butthurt surviving actually takes some strategy and competent game-play.

Back to your original question: I don't personally think Jason needs any perks, but I wouldn't be 100% against it if it was done properly. Variety is always good. For now though, I really don't think Jason needs any perks.

• Haha 1

I think it's just about variety. It could be a way to add a new layer to the game without completely breaking it. I would want Jason perks to be subtle bonuses and not big, gamebreaking things. Like these examples...

His Eyes - Jason's sense radius is slightly expanded for each counselor he has killed.

Kill for Mother - Jason builds rage slightly faster after the sweater has been taken from the shack.

Master Trapper - Jason's traps have slightly increased damage.

Precision - Jason's knife strikes have slightly increased damage.

Destroyer - After breaking down a door, Jason's abilities refresh at a slightly increased rate for 10 seconds. 

In terms of variety, perks for Jason sound nice. In terms of balance however, perks for Jason is unneeded. As far strictly QP goes, Jason isn't OP, but the balance is definitely in his favor. Granted I went 8/8 through the entirety of the 12.12.17 patch besides one match that I went 6/8, the balance outside of the ridiculous amount of knives/sprays/shotguns was fine enough. 

Repair characters are even more free to kill than before, and runners are much easier to wear out if you aren't obvious with your approaches. 2 throwing knives take 3 med sprays to completely heal from which means 1 knife does over 25% damage, which is actually ridiculous, especially if you know how to insta-throw them accurately.

For private matches, the balance is pretty well done since counselors are a lot more seasoned there, but I feel like game balance should be formed around QP for the most part. I'm not whining since being a pretty good Jason has made me know how to not get killed by other good Jasons for the most part, but regarding QP strictly, the balance is already heavily in Jason's favor, he doesn't need anymore help in the form of perks.

I understand the appeal from a custimization standpoint, but from a balance standpoint, even if the perks only give him minor buffs, it's already more than enough, considering how good Jason is in this patch.

I think it'd be interesting so you don't exactly know the Jason you're going up against like you currently do. I kinda feel like the extra 2 throwing knives Jason now starts with is an experimental perk that all the Jasons get to use as there's no other option atm. Also, you might see more part 7 Jasons. If they never rebuff him, this could be his shot to be more viable.

Then way down the road we could have Legendary Jason perks!

Fixing Jason's speed to where Jasons who run at full speed actually close the gap on troll-joggers is all I ask for. Not because they're particularly hard to catch or anything. A good supply of knives work wonders. But, it's illogically stupid that he can't get his feet moving fast enough to catch a power-walker without having to use shift.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Then way down the road we could have Legendary Jason perks!

THEN microtransactions to buy cp to roll more perks!

5 hours ago, DorianRo said:

There is no double standard kid, what you and many casual non Friday the 13th movie watchers don’t seem to realize is that Jason is supposed to slaughter people with ease, counselors are there to die, only the ones who do everything perfect survive, this isn’t a combat game and if you try to make it that and go 1 on 1 with Jason you are going to lose as you should.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I hope the eventually change it so that QTEs are static and don't change if you back out and re-enter it.  That way you see more counselor variety again with more fixers and less Vanessas running around. Vanessa and go back to her main job of providing a distraction for Jason.

I agree! Even right Now there is no need for a Deborah,AJ or LaChappa, When literally everyone else can fix the phone,car and also tank it

Vanessa Can: Tank the Bear Trap, Run if Jason Comes,Fix the BS, Carry the Part,Grab the Sweater.

While [AJ;Deborah;LaChappa]: Can Fix everything, Tanking is a bad idea unless you know how to juke well and even then, Morph/shift exists, Grabbing the sweater isn't the best idea either, Jason is probably going to come and Kill you if you don't hurry, Carrying Parts is not recommended, Low stamina and Speed = Runs out quicker, Unless they are like one or two cabins away.

Right now there is no need for Low Stamina Counselors, It's all about Vanessa(s),Chads and Buggzy(s) Fighting Jason and fixing their own things, I have seen at least 10 Vanessa(s) and Buggzy(s) fix something on their own and not fail at it.

9 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

THEN microtransactions to buy cp to roll more perks!

6QtYYmE.gif

Then we could get clothing pack loot crates where we have the chance to purchase the same outfit 3 times!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

6QtYYmE.gif

Then we could get clothing pack loot crates where we have the chance to purchase the same outfit 3 times!

But, how else is the guy with the most money and least skill supposed to get ahead in this game?

• Haha 1