TheHansonGoons

Why do people feel the need for Jason Perks?

18 hours ago, DorianRo said:

10 year old  kid Jasons can DESTROY current QP lobbies with little training.  So whats the difference exactly?  Thats my entire point.    I don't understand how people bitch about the power in the counselor's hands the last patch, yet think everything is OK now.   makes no sense.  Double standard anyone?   The difficulty level needs to be distributed better

A 10 year old kid can also get objectives done and escape.   So really. whats the difference exactly?   You have no point, never did.    

People where NOT bitching about the POWER in counselors hands last patch.  It was more about the shitty grab nerf and the influx of pocket knives ( BUG) which allowed players to easily avoid Jasons GRAB!   (Which lead to non stop slashing).  <---- That MAKES NO SENSE. 

On top of that Jason was being toyed with by better players.  (Better players are easy to find...  Maybe if you stopped playing with 10 year olds you would notice this)

The difficulty levels is based on the players playing.  Its not the game devs job to hand you a simple escape.  The burden of the challenge is on counselors to escape..  Not JASON getting kills.!

As far as your constant Bullshit about a Jason with no training that can destroy QP lobbies.     I've never EVER seen that happen..  EVER.  Not EVER!   (How about you prove it with a video)?    Should be easy, since you die every match to newbie jasons..

36 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

A 10 year old kid can also get objectives done and escape.   So really. whats the difference exactly?   You have no point, never did.    

People where NOT bitching about the POWER in counselors hands last patch.  It was more about the shitty grab nerf and the influx of pocket knives ( BUG) which allowed players to easily avoid Jasons GRAB!   (Which lead to non stop slashing).  <---- That MAKES NO SENSE. 

On top of that Jason was being toyed with by better players.  (Better players are easy to find...  Maybe if you stopped playing with 10 year olds you would notice this)

The difficulty levels is based on the players playing.  Its not the game devs job to hand you a simple escape.  The burden of the challenge is on counselors to escape..  Not JASON getting kills.!

As far as your constant Bullshit about a Jason with no training that can destroy QP lobbies.     I've never EVER seen that happen..  EVER.  Not EVER!   (How about you prove it with a video)?    Should be easy, since you die every match to newbie jasons..

Im not wasting my time arguing  an apologist like you  that thinks there is no issues with the game and defends glaring flaws, balance issues etc.  .  Aside from the Jason OP stuff, Good luck even being able to finish a game this weekend with all the rage quitting.  Another HUGE problem why people have dropped the game.    But to the apologists, that live on fantasy island, there are no issues  (or they will be be fixed... Righhhttt. :rolleyes:.  Its how many months in and hardly ANY major issues have been fixed yet, so what makes people think it will happen in the future) .  So why even bother talking to them.  They don't listen or retain any information or accept reality.

A lot of us like Stoney and myself have brought up the glaring balance issues in this game and how there needs to be difficulty distributed more evenly for both the counselors and Jasons, and not have to rely on Microphones and communication in a game where only few people use them to survive.      And I Didn't say, "no experience". I said "little experience" for Jason is all thats needed to wipe counselors off the lobby quickly.

At the end of the day, its the players who suffer and its a shame because this game had unlimited potential and could have been the breakthrough phenomenon of the slasher genre onto the next generation of gaming

I don't want perks.

I find the perk system to be trash overall, especially the RNG element to it. You can blow 50,000 CP and still not get the version of the perk of the one 7 useful perks you actually want. But the devs obviously value the system, hence the upcoming update. So what im about to type is dead air basically.

I've campaigned for Special Abilities to return recently from being scrapped in Beta. Even though their would be challenges in balance obviously.

I suppose you could make Special Abilities for the Jasons if you really wanted to.

How it would work. With the special abilities for the counselors. I proposed the counselors could use their abilities once for a total of 2 minutes, with a 2 minute cooldown on certain stats following the use of their abilities. I felt this made sense because with 7 counselors, being able to use an ability more than once could be OP, so they would be situational.

For Jason, being he is by himself. He could use his ability only 3 times, but each time he uses the ability, he suffers a 30 second RNG cooldown on either Morph, Shift, Stalk or Sense for the first use of his special ability. For the second use, he will suffer a 60 second cooldown on such powers. For the 3rd and final use, he will suffer a 90 second cooldown on a random power.

Part 2 - Live Bait

Like in the film. Part 2 Jason will come equipped with 3 rope traps on top of his own Trap strength. Essentially giving him 10 traps total. However the 3 rope traps would work differently from the bear traps. They won't do any damage per say. However if a counselor steps in a rope trap, they will be hung upside down indefinitely and can only be freed by another counselor. If after 2 minutes nobody saves the counselor in question, they will pass out from the blood rushing towards their brain and then die as a result. Jason has the option to kill the counselor hung upside down immediately or leave them alive in hope that a counselor tries to save them. When one of the counselors falls into this trap. Both Jason AND the counselor knows they fell into it. The trap will be marked on the map for Jason, but the counselors will hear a different high pitch scream allowing the counselors to know someone stepped in a rope trap.

Part 3 - Marksman

Like in the film. Part 3 Jason will come equipped with a speargun which he can use 3 times before he loses it. He can instant kill with the gun, but only if its a direct headshot. The body blows are no joke either. If Jason strikes one of the counselors with a blow from the spear gun. They may still be able to run away or even limp away, but they MUST heal because the strike from the speargun causes them to bleed out and die otherwise.

Part 4 - Darkness

Like in the film when Jason destroyed the phone and power supply in the final act. Part 4 Jason will be allowed up to 3 times to destroy one power generator that in effect will disable all the power generators on the map. The phone would still be tied to its own power/box, but now he can effectively generate fear much faster than any other Jason, on top of disabling the Jarvis radio immediately. The catch balance is that the counselors would only need to fix one generator to fix them all IF Jason decided to use his ability.

Roy - Strapped

Similar to Part 2 in a sense that he's going use brand new traps. The difference is he's gonna strap counselors to trees similar to how he killed the one guy in Part 5 with the strap against the tree. Roy will come with 3 strap traps that he can use to tie a counselor against a tree. Again like Part 2, these traps would not damage the counselor and Roy can decide to perform the same kill on the counselor that he did in the film, by tightening the straps if he chooses to do so. The major difference between this and Part 2 is Roy would need to grab a counselor first and then press R instead of executing a kill. Roy would then strap a counselor up against a tree in which he will know where that counselor is immediately and the counselors would again hear the same kind of high pitch scream once the counselor is strapped up.

Part 6 - Camouflage

Like in the film when Jason sprung from the tree to triple decapitate the 3 paintballers. Here with this ability, Jason will be able to hide up in the trees 3 times. He would be in a state of permanent stalk when doing this, HOWEVER the trade off is if he jumps down, he loses the stalk ability immediately, so its best to use it wisely because if you jump down when nobody is around. You just wasted 1 of the 3 times you can use it. Counselors can't expose you in this state either, but he can't do it anything with it obviously unless counselors are around to surprise with.

Part 7 - Gardening

You already know what this is going to be. Part 7 Jason will come equipped with the weed eater in which he can use to instant kill up to 3 counselors if they are close enough. He can't use it out of shift and when its being used, it ALWAYS makes noise so the counselors on the map know he's using it, but its range is even farther than that of the spear/trident. He can't just leave it idling either, because the gas acts as a timer and if Jason doesn't use the weapon before the gas expires, he loses the weapon. So he has to use it wisely, but its range AND ability to cut up multiple counselors make it deadly.

Part 8 - Teleport

Like in the film. Part 8 Jason was all over the place constantly it seemed. Well this ability is basically just that. Up to 3 times, he's going to be able to use Morph WITHOUT a cooldown for a total of 60 seconds each time. Simple and straight forward, ripped directly out of the film.

Part 9 - Grunt

Like in the film and one of the rare times in any of the films. Part 9 Jason was known for the random grunting like Part 3 and Part 4. Here, Part 9 Jason's grunts are going to be fear amplifiers. Up to 3 times a match, Part 9 Jason can make a loud, haunting grunt noise that scares the shit out of the counselors AND if close enough, actually causes the counselors to fall to the ground, leaving them completely open to melee or grab. Each grunt induces a maximum level of fear for counselors until they go near fireplaces. As noted earlier, if Part 9 Jason is in visual sight of a counselor when activating this ability, their stamina will be cut by 50 percent no matter how much they have left and obviously as mentioned earlier, if close enough they call actually fall to the ground.

Savini - Burned

After coming out of hell after Part 9. Savini Jason is obviously hot as hell. This ability is simple enough. Up to 3 times a match when activated. When activated, for up to 60 seconds. Savini Jason's melee strikes will cause severe burning on the counselors, causing them to bleed out IF they don't heal.

NES Jason - Throwables

Assuming he's ever added separate. Like in the NES game during the side scrolling section of the game. NES Jason would actually throw his weapons at the counselors. For up to 30 second intervals each use. The NES Jason would be allowed to constantly throw his melee weapon at the counselors. He wouldn't be able to instant kill them, but each time he hits them, the damage would be same amount as a throwing knife. He couldn't spam throw them either as there would be a 1 or 2 second cooldown between throws.

And that's all.

tumblr_nx9uwbW9nc1sirfs3o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Im not wasting my time arguing  an apologist like you  that thinks there is no issues with the game and defends glaring flaws, balance issues etc.  .  Aside from the Jason OP stuff, Good luck even being able to finish a game this weekend with all the rage quitting.  Another HUGE problem why people have dropped the game.    But to the apologists, that live on fantasy island, there are no issues  (or they will be be fixed... Righhhttt. :rolleyes:.

You have no argument, you just complain about dying because you want more pocket knives...  And i never said theres 'no issues' with the game.  I don't defend 'glaring flaws'.   I've said for a while that Jasons grab looked weak ( for example) and should be more of a lunge.   I've also complained about dedicated servers.   But i never jumped into every topic complaining about it.

And, I sure as hell won't complain about dying to Jason...  In a game designed around dying to Jason and trying to survive.  Key word... "TRYING".   

Complaining about Jason killing you in a game called Friday the 13th?   Righttttt...-_-