Sign in to follow this  
RezBlaze

Hitting Through Doors - Exploit or Part of the Game?

I've been seeing many people justify hitting Jason and/or Counselors through solid wooden doors and pretend it's supposed to be that way.

They tend to quote that Gun/Illfonic stated that Jason using Combat Mode on the door is not an exploit, but intentional design... however, I would point out that just because Illfonic stated that Jason using Combat Mode on doors isn't an exploit means that hitting Counselors THROUGH the door isn't as well, and vice versa.

So my question is... when will this be fixed?

already several topics on this...

through heavily broken doors I can go either way on it, but through intact doors and barely broken doors I consider it an exploit. Especially though intact doors. 

• Thanks 1

I wonder the same thing, this should definitely be fixed. I can understand being able to do this if Jason has smashed a huge hole in the door, but being able to stun Jason with a bat through the door before he even makes contact with the door is utter nonsense.

Sounds like an exploit, much like when Jason could combat stance through bear traps. Hopefully it'll get coded out.

It really shouldn't be possible, the animation shows the weapon, and the counselor or Jason clipping through the door. But I don't mind it because as many times as I've gotten stunned as Jason I've dealt damage to a counselor doing it.

You can deal with it as Jason so it doesn't give a counselor an unfair advantage. It kinda nullifies it as an exploit. 

I like it. I don't think it should be removed for the sake of gameplay, but it would be nice if nobody clipped through doors. It looks really bad. Maybe they can extend the hit boxes and push the characters off the door so the clipping isn't so obvious. 

Part 4 Jason in the movie threw an axe through a solid door that hit that one girl with the towel on. So in a sense, this is film accurate.

• Like 1

It seems fair if i get hit while breaking down their barricade as i am trying to kill them. Plus it just makes me more irritated and once I catch them it's pretty satisfying

I don't see it as an exploit. It prevents counselors from barricading right in jason's face. As weird as they are I also love door battles through doors with jason because the more skilled player gets the hit off, and provides a way to fight jason in a more controlled way while also being at risk yourself. It's another scenario where counselor and jason can test their timing and knowledge against one another.I like the Bob Ross happy accidents in this game, they are what make the game fun. The same thing happened with pressing e on windows, being skilled to hit a window was part of the skill. Now it's all dumbed down albeit more clear what can and can't happen. But in my opinion those changes make jason really sterile and bland with no tricks up his sleeve.

TBH, although I don't see this mechanic as an exploit, I'd much rather that it not exist. It grants more advantage to counselors than Jason as it currently stands.

I'm hoping the game engine update makes it possible for this mechanic to be removed. Counselors should get the idea they're in a horror survival game, not a beat-em-up fighting simulator with a dash of horror. But that would also entail that stealth receives some much needed love, and that too is a problem as of the moment...

• Like 1

Exploit or not, it's almost a non-issue.  It only effect Jasons that haven't caught on that the auto-chop door isn't good method (how the game currently is) of getting though the doors.  Even taking door combat out of consideration, Combat stance swings knocks doors down faster.

They (the Devs) don't consider hitting through a door an exploit. I'm not fond of the mechanic myself, but it is what it is.

Exploit or not, it's cheese and poor game design. Personally I don't think counselors should be able to stun through a broken window or partially broken door. You couldn't get enough momentum to actually stun Jason if it were realistic. I would be okay with it as a low level attack in getting his mask off though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loading said:

Part 4 Jason in the movie threw an axe through a solid door that hit that one girl with the towel on. So in a sense, this is film accurate.

The door did not remain in one piece after that happened.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Exactly, 

It is irritating when a counsellors fire-pokers  you through an unbroken door and the door is still unbroken afterwards.

See, I don't like door-stunning, especially not through intact or mostly intact doors, but if they decide to leave it in then any counsellor strikes on the door should crack the door, so at least counsellors run the risk of breaking the door down faster if they try to hit Jason through it. 

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

IIRC, only a hole was left from the door. It didn't collapse. 

11 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Exactly, 

It is irritating when a counsellors fire-pokers  you through an unbroken door and the door is still unbroken afterwards.

See, I don't like door-stunning, especially not through intact or mostly intact doors, but if they decide to leave it in then any counsellor strikes on the door should crack the door, so at least counsellors run the risk of breaking the door down faster if they try to hit Jason through it. 

To be frank, many of these doors in-game are heavily reinforced solid wood (I'm guessing oak) with barricades. It would take nothing short of a being with superhuman strength to destroy it within a handful of hits, so the idea that a weak counselors like Jenny or Deborah would actually be able to crack the door within a handful of hits would be more than just immersion destroying. I could easily see trolls abusing that mechanic too, especially with Jason helpers.

The doors inside of a building are another question of their own, but I'd much rather that only Jason be the one who can do any form of damage to doors. It opens up a dangerous can of worms if players can somehow damage doors.

I've seen lots of Jason players now hitting down the door from the side in combat stance when they're aware a counselor is attempting to hit them through the door, it's a learning process. It doesn't bother me at all because I know how to dodge the door attacks. Like others said it's not an exploit so I tend to do it as well when I'm a counselor and it's saved me a bunch of times when trying to get to the cops or if Jason is tunneling me. 

5 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I've seen lots of Jason players now hitting down the door from the side in combat stance when they're aware a counselor is attempting to hit them through the door, it's a learning process. It doesn't bother me at all because I know how to dodge the door attacks. Like others said it's not an exploit so I tend to do it as well when I'm a counselor and it's saved me a bunch of times when trying to get to the cops or if Jason is tunneling me. 

Exactly this. As Jason you should be in combat stance and using light attacks on the door while standing to the left side of it. Tommy86 showed everyone how to do it.

With Part 6 and Savini weapon you stand to the right side and use heavy attacks. It clips further in, so if a counselor is standing anywhere near the door they'll get hit. If they try to hit Jason, they'll most likely strike the door frame first.

26 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

To be frank, many of these doors in-game are heavily reinforced solid wood (I'm guessing oak) with barricades. It would take nothing short of a being with superhuman strength to destroy it within a handful of hits, so the idea that a weak counselors like Jenny or Deborah would actually be able to crack the door within a handful of hits would be more than just immersion destroying. I could easily see trolls abusing that mechanic too, especially with Jason helpers.

The doors inside of a building are another question of their own, but I'd much rather that only Jason be the one who can do any form of damage to doors. It opens up a dangerous can of worms if players can somehow damage doors.

Oh I hear you, but it is even more immersion breaking that counsellors can swing a weapon through a solid door without breaking it, something that is physically impossible. 

Plus, if they are swinging into an already damaged door then it does make sense that they would break it faster... they'd be chipping away chunks that have previously been strained and splintered by Jason. I guarantee you that if I swung an axe into my apartment door once or twice my girlfriend could take my baseball bat and expand on the damage I started.

I'm not saying that this is my preferred solution, in my opinion no one should be able to swing through doors period (especially intact doors). I am just mentioning this as a decent compromise if the devs do decide to leave 'door hitting' in the game, because if they do, then we won't see many solutions better than this.

18 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

already several topics on this...

through heavily broken doors I can go either way on it, but through intact doors and barely broken doors I consider it an exploit. Especially though intact doors. 

THIS!!!!!!!