Sign in to follow this  
RezBlaze

Hitting Through Doors - Exploit or Part of the Game?

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Jason can hit through cabin walls.

I would like to see Jason and a counselor stand opposite sides of an exterior cabin wall, just a wall, no windows, and see him hit through it. And I'm talking about indestructible exterior walls, not destructible interior walls.

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would like to see Jason and a counselor stand opposite sides of an exterior cabin wall, just a wall, no windows, and see him hit through it. And I'm talking about indestructible exterior walls, not destructible interior walls.

Happened to me yesterday

9 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Happened to me yesterday

I've never seen it. If you have video, post it. And if it happened near a window, that might just be because Jason's weapon can reach inside. If you're talking about a completely flat and solid piece of wall, you're going to have to prove it.

9 hours ago, malloymk said:

Jason can hit through cabin walls.

So can counselors. @Tattooey showed myself and @GhostWolfViking this one time. Its difficult to place it correctly, but its possible. Stunning hits even. @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow if i get someone to join me in a private match, i will show you later. Honestly, ghostwolf may have one up on these forums already.

Honestly, after hearing Devs officially osay its meant to be there, i am fine with it. I dont like that its means of defense of easy Jason unmaskings, but it does buy you a few seconds of life when you are one of the last ones alive.

@TheHansonGoons @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow @malloymk

Once upon a time I tested hitting Jason through cabin walls with @Tattooey.

I don't have the video anymore. It is possible to hit Jason or for Jason to hit counselors through walls.

Was it easy? No. Not something you will see very often.

It's why developers added that patch that stops your melee swing on the first thing you hit.

Closed doors and windows are easier to stun Jason through.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I've never seen it. If you have video, post it. And if it happened near a window, that might just be because Jason's weapon can reach inside. If you're talking about a completely flat and solid piece of wall, you're going to have to prove it.

I don't have to prove anything. It happened to me. I know it can happen because of that. Frankly I don't give a shit if someone on this forum believes me or not. But as it is on topic, I'm letting people know that it's possible. If you don't believe me, fine.

3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I don't have to prove anything. It happened to me. I know it can happen because of that. Frankly I don't give a shit if someone on this forum believes me or not. But as it is on topic, I'm letting people know that it's possible. If you don't believe me, fine.

I'm merely asking for evidence. It's not disbelief, it is skepticism. GhostWolfViking said it was possible but they patched it. If it is still possible then it is so exceptionally rare that it is a non-issue.

This is ridiculous

There's a reason Jason has his standard door hitting animation, its the way doors are MEANT to be broken down. This guard swatting doors not only is exploiting imo but leaves counselors unable to defend themselves properly in certain situations when a stun means the difference between escape and death. On the other side of the spectrum, counselors stunning Jason through non-destroyed doors is just as much an exploit.

One can only hope this gets fixed soon.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'm merely asking for evidence. It's not disbelief, it is skepticism. GhostWolfViking said it was possible but they patched it. If it is still possible then it is so exceptionally rare that it is a non-issue.

I didnt realize they patched it. I get your want of evidence though.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheHansonGoons/video/45696940

There is a link to an old video i found. It obviously shows how rare it would be for it to even occur. Literally dont know if this has ever happened to me in a match. Sorry for the delay, had some things to take care of. If i get to try today or tomorrow, i will make sure its patched. I would believe ghost though.

28 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I didnt realize they patched it. I get your want of evidence though.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheHansonGoons/video/45696940

There is a link to an old video i found. It obviously shows how rare it would be for it to even occur. Literally dont know if this has ever happened to me in a match. Sorry for the delay, had some things to take care of. If i get to try today or tomorrow, i will make sure its patched. I would believe ghost though.

Yeah even then it took about 10 tries before it even worked, and Jason needed his nose right in the wall. I've never been in the position for that to happen before. The same way the walls are coded(currently) should be how doors and destructible walls are coded.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They did not patch it. I have a recent video of it somewhere. I'll update this post later with it.