Jump to content
Azurauth

traps set off w/pocket knife shouldn't alert jason

Recommended Posts

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way but pocket knives are so rare that it's pointless to use on a trap that's just going to alert jason anyway and Bam guess what now you need that pocket knife you just wasted  so course I just step in the trap and spray myself but health sprays have also been reduced so I need the perk medic. It really drives you away from playing a stealth character when Jason is just alerted no matter what which makes it super hard to fix the phone and requires much teamwork to keep him distracted I find myself playing Deborah alot getting things done only for Jason to get an easier kill (if that Jason's any good) and a lobby full of players that have no repair escape.would love to see it implemented that traps set off with a pocket knife no longer alert jason, I feel it should be that way already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If you use a PK, it doesn't alert Jason...:huh:

welcome, do your intro, pointless to be sure, but people are touchy around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where teamwork helps a lot. Have Vanessa step in trap(giver her a spray if doesn't have one). AJ crouch around the corner. Jason appears, chases after Vanessa. AJ swoops in and does repair. One pissed off Jason when he notices he just got played by Vanessa and AJ. There is a chance Jason just ignores Vanessa and sets another trap. In that case rinse repeat...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Azurauth said:

Jason hears the trapset off I've been playing since the game came out just a feature I'd like to see added

The only time Jason hears a trap sprung by a pocket knife is if he is in the immediate vicinity of the trap, otherwise he has to look at his map to see the trap icon has changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Azurauth said:

I've been playing since the game came out

Then you should know that you're wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use a pocket knife on a trap it doesn’t alert him. 

You probably think it does because when you disarm it, you can hear the trap noise as a counselor. But not as Jason.

 The only way Jason can know if a trap was set off by a pocket knife is if he checks his map and sees a diamond shape in the middle of the trap icon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played as Jason and have heard the traps set off with a pocket knife all the time but maybe it was because I was close. Idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Azurauth said:

I've played as Jason and have heard the traps set off with a pocket knife all the time but maybe it was because I was close. Idk

It's because you are close. You need to be within proximity chat range to hear the sound effect. If you are across the map you won't hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Azurauth said:

I've played as Jason and have heard the traps set off with a pocket knife all the time but maybe it was because I was close. Idk

  You may also have some joker just playing the sound effect over his mic to get you off of him. I fell for that once, before I knew what the difference in the trap icons were. Fell for the sound effect of someone screwing up a repair on the fuse box only last week when a friend did the same trick to get me off his tail. If the mic icon comes up when the sound effect is heard, you may have just been 'played'.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

If you use a pocket knife on a trap it doesn’t alert him. 

You probably think it does because when you disarm it, you can hear the trap noise as a counselor. But not as Jason.

 The only way Jason can know if a trap was set off by a pocket knife is if he checks his map and sees a diamond shape in the middle of the trap icon.

Really didnt know about the diamond shape thing, can you maybe send a screenshot of it?, and speaking about the traps I have a suggestion that Jason should pick up new traps during the match just like with the knives, cause eventhough Jason will get alert if you step in one of his traps, they really became useless esp. now that each player is using medic perk.

And if you find now new traps all over the map, which you can use/set it will help imao at least those Jasons which starts with less traps in the beginning like for example part IV, with only three traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I didn't realize you could set traps off with knives! Pretty neat. But are pocket knives rare? I played a round earlier where someone stabbed me three times in a row with one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steven_kale99 said:

Hmm I didn't realize you could set traps off with knives! Pretty neat. But are pocket knives rare? I played a round earlier where someone stabbed me three times in a row with one! 

You can but you have to crotch for it and hold the X button on PS4 or Y button on Xbox I think.

But yes since pocket knives became rare you should use medic spray instead, but it seems that they are still a lot of knives idk, which is good for the counselors, but bad for Jason.

Cause what I noticed is, that when I'm playing now as Jason and grab somebody, they mostly have a pocket knife how come?, and three times in a row?, well this means that this person got three knives then, as you can use each knife only once, but not one knife now three times. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ahab said:

 You may also have some joker just playing the sound effect over his mic to get you off of him. I fell for that once, before I knew what the difference in the trap icons were. Fell for the sound effect of someone screwing up a repair on the fuse box only last week when a friend did the same trick to get me off his tail. If the mic icon comes up when the sound effect is heard, you may have just been 'played'.

Wow. That's pretty clever. Never encountered it, but interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...