12 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would point out in you example Mang, that Jason is being obvious. They key to a non objective guarding trap would be they don't know it's there. I've never tried this strategy, but if you're clever it could be effective. 

The cabin example that was used in this thread there is no way to not be obvious about it.  You're not going to random trap a cabin on the hopes and prayers that you and a counselor will arrive at that cabin later in the match at the same time.  

You'd have to be clever about it, but you could trap likely locations. I'm not saying it would be full proof. You could however reasonably anticipate a decent spot.

I like to leave traps by beds and closets if any other counselors are hiding there. No point in coddling them and letting them play that way.

This morning, i spawned next to another counselor (host). We both entered different cabins. I quickly raided mines and saw the host was running over to enter my cabin so I left a trap by the unlocked door. He stood in it. Serves him right for trying to steal my shit. After that he killed himself. I danced over his body and then he rage quit cancelling the game. What a dick

You guys are some creative MFers, I will have to try some of the ideas you guys have posted in the thread.

The door traps sometimes works because you corner a counselor, they play ring around the furniture, then run out the door into the trap because they weren't paying attention.

I love trapping map stands lol. I'll do it as early as i can in most cases just because peoples reactions are AWESOME! 

Chad isn't the only dick?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soggy biscuit said:

I like to leave traps by beds and closets if any other counselors are hiding there. No point in coddling them and letting them play that way.

This morning, i spawned next to another counselor (host). We both entered different cabins. I quickly raided mines and saw the host was running over to enter my cabin so I left a trap by the unlocked door. He stood in it. Serves him right for trying to steal my shit. After that he killed himself. I danced over his body and then he rage quit cancelling the game. What a dick

Aren't you that asshole who runs over others because you like to ruin the fun for others? 

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Aren't you that asshole who runs over others because you like to ruin the fun for others? 

Name calling huh?

But yeah i've ran a couple dudes over. If you're silly enough to run towards the car whilst i'm peeping at you then it's your own fault.

Just now, Soggy biscuit said:

Name calling huh?

But yeah i've ran a couple dudes over. If you're silly enough to run towards the car whilst i'm peeping at you then it's your own fault.

God gave you a brain and it his fault or what?

Just remember , no one will take you serious on here. We don't tolerate this behaviour.

10 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

God gave you a brain and it his fault or what?

Just remember , no one will take you serious on here. We don't tolerate this behaviour.

Oh no....please don't shun/ban me ?

5 hours ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Yeah, it's obviously him, he was totally being a dick. Definitely not you...

47 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Yeah, it's obviously him, he was totally being a dick. Definitely not you...

You sassin' me?

3 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

You too. Smdh. This place is toxic

Not really. You are purposely posting/commenting to people to get a rise. Definition of a troll. Chill out a bit and would have a better experience on here. I will comment to you no further until then. Thanks.

One thing I tried when they stopped trap stacking is to trap near the fuse box, but not right at it. I would place the trap by a bush to camouflage it a bit. Also placed one near a door to a main house. Both have worked many times and it changes up the gameplay a bit.

4 minutes ago, Grape said:

One thing I tried when they stopped trap stacking is to trap near the fuse box, but not right at it. I would place the trap by a bush to camouflage it a bit. Also placed one near a door to a main house. Both have worked many times and it changes up the gameplay a bit.

I remember a time on Crystal Lake Small the phone was at the bathrooms, Jason trapped the phone and both side doors.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I remember a time on Crystal Lake Small the phone was at the bathrooms, Jason trapped the phone and both side doors.

That’s awesome, wish more Jason’s would commit like that. It’s a dick thing to run into out of the blue, but I gotta respect the FU Jason has thrown down in my path, especially if I used a bloody PK to get by the fuse trap.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That’s awesome, wish more Jason’s would commit like that. It’s a dick thing to run into out of the blue, but I gotta respect the FU Jason has thrown down in my path, especially if I used a bloody PK to get by the fuse trap.

Yeah. My friend wasn't too happy when he ran into it after he'd fixed the phone.

• Haha 1

I used to put them by each generator I smashed. If you do this with Part II, you should have two left over for each car (driver's side, maybe?). Not exactly the most effective of strategies, but it's different and it calls for some surprises

18 minutes ago, Grape said:

Place one trap as close to the fuse box as possible.

Combat stance backward a few steps, check if you can trap again, if not combat stance back another a few steps and trap.

Both traps will be very close to each other and both will need to be either tanked or knifed.  If the person tanks/knifes the closest one and then goes in to fix the fuse, the animation for fixing it will carry them backward into the second trap. 

If you want to be a real dick, especially as a Part II Jason, place two more traps as close as possible to make a diamond shape making it so a person has to get through 3 traps to even attempt to fix the fuse.  Generally this relegates the fuse box as a nonfactor for the entire match. 

7 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Place one trap as close to the fuse box as possible.

Combat stance backward a few steps, check if you can trap again, if not combat stance back another a few steps and trap.

Both traps will be very close to each other and both will need to be either tanked or knifed.  If the person tanks/knifes the closest one and then goes in to fix the fuse, the animation for fixing it will carry them backward into the second trap. 

If you want to be a real dick, especially as a Part II Jason, place two more traps as close as possible to make a diamond shape making it so a person has to get through 3 traps to even attempt to fix the fuse.  Generally this relegates the fuse box as a nonfactor for the entire match. 

I have been known to sacrifice myself for the team when I find this configuration. Lately though it just guarantees that I’m going for a car. 

As for trap play on the Counselors side, I’ve been doing a fair bit of Jason tormenting at the barn. Having three traps guaranteed plus a surprise one I brought with me, makes it all the more fun a spot. (I don’t hit Jason when he’s coming out of traps, two reasons it would make it less fun for both of us, and I need to keep him from breaking windows for as long as possible, moving is the most effective way to do this.) ideally you want a trap at each side gate in the fence around the yard, hide them well. A trap half way to the window from the north gate, so as Jason takes the most direct route he encounters it. One in the stale door, this stall should have an open window and be beside another with an open window as well. You can either trap both doors to the stalls, or do the one on the south side in case you need to head there. You have to move to the south side as soon as he breaks the window, so you can set that trap, leave it open till you need it. Going outside the window, you have to be confident to just stand still the first few times, you need Jason to pay attention to you not his path. If he shifts, count in your head a couple of seconds then climb in, he will have to walk backwards along his path, on the unsprung traps. 

Think of it this way.

If every Jason had 7 traps, but every counselor ran medic, thick skin and hypo and always and every time went after the fuse box.

In theory, you could have all 7 counselors each tank 7 straight traps and they would all be fine with an extra spray or at least readily healthy and good to combat/stun Jason and basically make his traps irrelevant and call the cops, which they are now and the only time they aren't is when your dealing with counselors who either don't have or don't use those particular perks.

Goes to show how bad the las vegas style perks ended up being and how much they were afterthoughts. Only 6 or 8 of them are really useful and the 3 I mentioned in particular could basically eliminate Jason's traps as a strength, even if every Jason had the same amount. The range of perks that do nothing for counselor, then automatically make them tanks is crazy.

Either...

1. Traps should've been stronger...auto limp regardless of the perk...thick skin would instead apply to windows, melee, etc

2. Jason should've been able to fix his traps at least once and reposition them once...thus allowing -Trap Jasons 6 chances to use them and Part 2 upwards of 14 chances, 10 for regulars

3. Or medic would only give out 2 sprays on the first spray, regardless if you use hypo with it or find a spray

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I have been known to sacrifice myself for the team when I find this configuration. Lately though it just guarantees that I’m going for a car. 

As for trap play on the Counselors side, I’ve been doing a fair bit of Jason tormenting at the barn. Having three traps guaranteed plus a surprise one I brought with me, makes it all the more fun a spot. (I don’t hit Jason when he’s coming out of traps, two reasons it would make it less fun for both of us, and I need to keep him from breaking windows for as long as possible, moving is the most effective way to do this.) ideally you want a trap at each side gate in the fence around the yard, hide them well. A trap half way to the window from the north gate, so as Jason takes the most direct route he encounters it. One in the stale door, this stall should have an open window and be beside another with an open window as well. You can either trap both doors to the stalls, or do the one on the south side in case you need to head there. You have to move to the south side as soon as he breaks the window, so you can set that trap, leave it open till you need it. Going outside the window, you have to be confident to just stand still the first few times, you need Jason to pay attention to you not his path. If he shifts, count in your head a couple of seconds then climb in, he will have to walk backwards along his path, on the unsprung traps. 

I'll do the barn trap thing at Higgins as well as a counselor if the match itself is just going horribly wrong and nothing is getting done.  I'll grab the at least one medspray at the main cabin so I don't really need to care about the windows being broken.  Place the three traps, and a 4th if there is one nearby, right at the barn opening and just stand in the barn seeing how long I can keep his ire. 

This works very well against weaker or new player Jasons and strong Jason players equally.  Strong Jasons will just shift in and relegate your traps meaningless BUT they either have to tank a trap to come out of the barn to get you on the side of it or wait til they get shift again to get out safely.  Meanwhile when they do, you just hop back inside the barn through the window and the game of waiting for shifts continues.  if Jason tanks a trap on his way out, beeline to that trap and re-set it. 

You go more all out than I do, and I commend you for it!  

21 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You go more all out than I do, and I commend you for it!  

It’s a game, after trap two I start counting out loud. I let him know when he finds a new trap, and move them around. Use firecrackers to reset them or trust a PK if I have nothing else left, I like to make a pile of supplies if I have time (I’m a bit of a try hard when I have time to prep and the lobby doesn’t seem to want to do objectives). A flare gun can be a nice touch too, I like to do the showdown thing in the yard as Jason comes out of the gate trap. 

You can do the same thing with three close houses but that’s harder to describe. One of my friends has figured out how to wear a player down who does this, so I keep trying new things. (Windows lead to knives, and I don’t run medic anymore so Thick Skin only helps so much).

I would love to have more types traps in the game but have been making do with what we have, it’s not bad. When I look a Dbd I just feel bad for their survivors. They can’t even trap fight with their ‘killers’.

Edit - I would love to go head to head with a Jason with plus traps x 3 and ten minutes of prep time for the Counselor(s), on a small map it would have been a fun mode. Maybe each team gets a zone to trap and the other two zones are fair game for either team. Jason gets the fuse and car. The Counselor(s) get a big house and some small cabins. 

Ive been caught coming out the window at the phone house, cutting through to go put the fuse in. Searched the the drawers first. Was like sweet window isnt smashed for once, but then found out why. Bam! trap set off and Im dead since no med spray. Nothing but GG Jason, you sly fellow you!