JennyMyers1984

Should shotguns stuns be longer?

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Re-watch part 6 please and stop trying to Nerf Jason.

People like him don’t even watch the movies

3 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

What do we want? More realistic or better? Because if we are going realistic, Jason needs to be coded to where a single slash drops a counselor. Pocketknives have no effect on zombie Jason's and once Jason ruins the car, boat, phone or power box, it stays broke. 

As you can see, because this is a game, some things need to be adapted for gameplay. 

I'll have to doublecheck, but I don't recall seeing an off switch for friendly fire in private. Also you can save a grabbed counselor even with FF on. It's just harder.

Agreed on the bolded. 

If you REALLY wanted realism then the car would be a 100% escape guarantee unless you it stuck or it ran out of gas like in Part 3. Jason never stopped car, in fact in Part 3 he almost got run over by a car and he jumped out of the way. He hid in the RV and killed the two that way, but never stopped a car. Again, like you said it is for gameplay purposes...yet people continue to want to “buff Jason” when a good Jason player or even someone who is mediocre can kill everyone in the lobby with ease, people just want a cakewalk and not a challenge from the counselors...if you a cakewalk then play offline bots ??‍♀️

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Re-watch part 6 please and stop trying to Nerf Jason.

Yeah...ONLY in Part 6 and Part 9 was he shot. Realistically all Human Jasons would be dead, but it is for gameplay purposes obviously. Not trying to nerf Jason, yet he doesn’t need anymore of a buff like people think he does. As I’ve stated before a good Jason player can wipe the lobby easily. You want a challenge from being Jason, do you just want all counselors to come to you and kill them all in five minutes? It’s boring as hell. Anyways you play as a counselor the majority of the time so why not try to balance things to make it enjoyable on both sides? It was only a suggestion yet people jump down your throats whenever you do make a suggestion. The ONLY buff I would give Jason would to be able to trap stack again and place another trap over a trap that has already been set off by a counselor stepping in it.

43 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I’m sure you are one of the people using the exploit which will be taken out with the engine upgrade

If you're referring to being hit through doors, that's not an exploit. That's an in game mechanic. There's a thread debating the pros and cons of it, and Courier popped in to say that it's something they've been talking about and wanted our opinions on it. As of right now, there is nothing wrong with hitting Jason through a door.

If you're referring to something else, just ignore me.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16467-hitting-jason-through-doors-intended-or-not/?tab=comments#comment-223279

On 2/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

15 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

The shotgun should just flat out kill Jason. We should get a cinematic view of all the surviving counselors escaping and holding hands while singing. 

Jason is immortal... So, yeah. Shotguns should just stun him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

If you're referring to being hit through doors, that's not an exploit. That's an in game mechanic. There's a thread debating the pros and cons of it, and Shifty popped in to say that it's something they've been talking about and wanted our opinions on it. As of right now, there is nothing wrong with hitting Jason through a door.

If you're referring to something else, just ignore me.

It is a game mechanic bug and an exploit sorry the devs did not intend for Jason to be stunned when standing behind a door that isn’t even broke, people exploit this flaw like they do all the other many flaws in this game, we are not playing a finished version of this game, they can’t do anymore with this current engine, which is why there will be a new one.

This game can’t even handle rain with its current engine, I’m sure all these exploits /  poor game mechanics (hit detection has always been crap and is getting worse) will be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why does nearly every thread I see from you, talk about nerfing Jason in some way?

Just... Stop! The game is fine as it is (Balance wise anyway).

5aa2d1dcc3312_th(7).jpeg.ccfb3630fc84bd0318f0ed6a077b0c03.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If you REALLY wanted realism then the car would be a 100% escape guarantee unless you it stuck or it ran out of gas like in Part 3. Jason never stopped car, in fact in Part 3 he almost got run over by a car and he jumped out of the way. He hid in the RV and killed the two that way, but never stopped a car. Again, like you said it is for gameplay purposes...yet people continue to want to “buff Jason” when a good Jason player or even someone who is mediocre can kill everyone in the lobby with ease, people just want a cakewalk and not a challenge from the counselors...if you a cakewalk then play offline bots ??‍♀️

Jason could just break the cars down prior to them getting going. Also what do you think Ali and Loco were doing prior to the game starting? If your answer is fucking up cars, you're a winner. 

I don't need Jason more buff than he is. I don't want the punching bag we had previous, but I was fine with him from game release to his nerf, and I'm ok with him currently* You're the one proposing game changes, and citing cinematic reasons for it. I'm saying if you want realism, it needs to go both ways and that will hurt counselors much more then it will hurt Jason. 

As far as killing counselors with ease, Bots and quickplay are both good for that. I'm good enough to run lobbies of newbs. I much prefer hard fought games with experienced, coordinated players in private lobbies. As it stands, good counselors make cakewalks impossible. Instead of a multitude of pocket knives and shotguns that put Jason in the ICU, maybe you should play with others in a coordinated fashion?

*Barring New Blood being a total loser. But that's not relevant on the whole for our convo.  

7 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Jason is immortal... So, yeah. Shotguns should just stun him.

Sarcasm, Rock God. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Jason to be stunned when standing behind a door that isn’t even broke

That I've never seen. I've seen him get stunned while breaking the door, and that is what I am referring to. They never said it WAS intended, but they (at the time of that thread) were unsure of whether or not to keep it. Since they have not come out and said "this was unintended and anyone doing this is using an exploit", there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.

Now, if people are able to stun him through a solid door while he is just standing there, then we have a different issue.

28 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I wipe most lobbies, but as a Friday the 13th movie fan I know Jason is still underpowered, your screen name says it all, you are one of the people who like to troll Jason/ dance etc...you think of you cry enough they will nerf and already nerfed Jason back to the pitiful December Jason, it’s jasons game not counselers game, jason is supposed to wipe everyone out with ease.

6 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Why does nearly every thread I see from you, talk about nerfing Jason in some way?

Just... Stop! The game is fine as it is (Balance wise anyway).

5aa2d1dcc3312_th(7).jpeg.ccfb3630fc84bd0318f0ed6a077b0c03.jpeg

Because he is like many of the weak willed millennials who want everything handed to them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

That I've never seen. I've seen him get stunned while breaking the door, and that is what I am referring to. They never said it WAS intended, but they (at the time of that thread) were unsure of whether or not to keep it. Since they have not come out and said "this was unintended and anyone doing this is using an exploit", there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.

Now, if people are able to stun him through a solid door while he is just standing there, then we have a different issue.

Jason does in FACT get stunned just standing behind a SOLID door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

Jason does in FACT get stunned just standing behind a SOLID door.

Like I said, never seen it. I guess there is in fact another issue.

18 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Realistically all Human Jasons would be dead

Really? Because in the final chapter, I remember Jason coming back to life after he was killed.. Which only happened a couple of hour's ago!

If Jason can resurrect from an axe to the skull, then I'm pretty sure he can survive being shot.

Just sayin.. Do more research before making topics.

12 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Sarcasm, Rock God. 

I'll have you know.. I'm actually the Queen of Rock ;).

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Really? Because in the final chapter, I remember Jason coming back to life after he was killed.. Which only happened a couple of hour's ago!

If Jason can resurrect from an axe to the skull, then I'm pretty sure he can survive being shot.

Just sayin.. Do more research before making topics.

Jason was never killed in Part 3...he was knocked out by Chris Higgins with the axe to the skull. The only time he actually died was Part 4 by Tommy then years later was resurrected by the lightning strike. After that he was resurrected multiple times after Part 6, but he never DIED in Part 3, so maybe YOU ARE the one who needs to do a little more research.

30 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I wipe most lobbies, but as a Friday the 13th movie fan I know Jason is still underpowered, your screen name says it all, you are one of the people who like to troll Jason/ dance etc...you think of you cry enough they will nerf and already nerfed Jason back to the pitiful December Jason, it’s jasons game not counselers game, jason is supposed to wipe everyone out with ease.

I can whatever screen name I damn well please without your judgment thank you very much. Jason got his ASS handed to him by the final girl (Ginny, Chris, Trish, Tina) he isn’t underpowered. He was stunned multiple times in every movie and got defeated in the end. As I said all I did was make a suggestion and you wanna come up in here and say that I’m crying about underpowered counselors and I’m a troll yet you’re the one bitching for an even more OP Jason when he is already more OP then he was in the movies ?. Yeah Jason should wipe out SOME people with ease but not every counselor is gonna just lay down and die because Jason is nearby...they are going to fight and defend themselves and if you don’t want that then you just want as easy challenge being Jason which is extremely boring and not what that game was meant to be. It’s supposed to be challenging on both ends (more challenging on the counselors end although). Anyways you play the counselors more often (unless you are one of the people who get salty and rage quit when they find out they aren’t Jason) so why not make it so balanced on both ends...Jason of course will still be pretty OP, but I don’t think a few extra seconds when Jason is knocked down by a shotgun blast is gonna be game breaking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason was never killed in Part 3...he was knocked out by Chris Higgins with the axe to the skull. The only time he actually died was Part 4 by Tommy then years later was resurrected by the lightning strike. After that he was resurrected multiple times after Part 6, but he never DIED in Part 3.

No, I think he died in part 3, If the initial blow from the axe didn't kill him. The the amount of blood he lost would've.

He was even pronounced dead at the morgue, so... I'm just going to assume he did die.

(Haven't seen the movie in a while, so. I may be wrong and if I am, then my apologies).

5 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

No, I think he died in part 3, If the initial blow from the axe didn't kill him. The the amount of blood he lost would've.

He was even pronounced dead at the morgue, so... I'm just going to assume he did die.

(Haven't seen the movie in a while, so. I may be wrong and if I am, then my apologies).

Jason was presumed to be dead but he didn’t actually die from the axe blow. His first real death was in Part 4 and I’m pretty sure every movie after that Jason “died” in the end only to come back the next movie.

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason was presumed to be dead but he didn’t actually die from the axe blow. His first real death was in Part 4 and I’m pretty sure every movie after that Jason “died” in the end only to come back the next movie.

Oh! Well.. My mistake :lol:.

Taking about the final chapter, makes me want to watch it now lol.

Just now, Freddie Mercury said:

Oh! Well.. My mistake :lol:.

Taking about the final chapter, makes me want to watch it now lol.

Part 4 was one of the better movies along with Part 6. I love Part 4 although I hate the Jarvis House map (Pinehurst does better with the big map layout than Jarvis House does). Really hoping sooner or later Trish Jarvis makes it in the game, she’d be a really nice addition rather then having everybody come from Part 3 (Mitch, Fox, Shelly, Jenny).

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Part 4 was one of the better movies along with Part 6. I love Part 4 although I hate the Jarvis House map (Pinehurst does better with the big map layout than Jarvis House does). Really hoping sooner or later Trish Jarvis makes it in the game, she’d be a really nice addition rather then having everybody come from Part 3 (Mitch, Fox, Shelly, Jenny).

Yeah, don't really like Jarvis map. Pinehurst is better, but. It's not my favourite.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trish Jarvis in the game, it would be interesting to see what her stats would be :huh:.

14 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason shouldn’t sit up five seconds after a shotgun blast, stop giving Jason so much credit when he got his ass kicked toward the end of the movies. Sure the shotgun blast when he is stunned standing up is fine how it is but when the bat and the shotgun have the same stun duration there is a problem. There is no counselor crack pipe when I’m simply giving a suggestion. I guess nobody around here can have an opinion to make the game more realistic or better for each side.

If the shotgun killed Jason, there would be no point in the kill mechanics that we have in the game. If it stuns him too long.... its a get out of jail free card. Even one shotgun on the entire map would make it way too easy to kill Jason or escape. No matter how O.P. Jason is made (without changing ability regenerations) and how nerfed counselors become (even taking away all weapons on the map).... some counselors would still escape. Not to say you or I would escape every game, but that is how it is now as well.
   If you would like more realism, may I suggest removing the totally unrealistic med sprays entirely? How about, when a counselor is struck by a machete, or axe it does realistic damage, say like leaving them entirely helpless and bleeding to death within a minute or two, or maybe just killing them outright? Just like in real life, but this is a game.
   If any of these things are removed, it would take much away from this game. Balance is hard to achieve, this game presents unique challenges toward balance.
   Here is something that should be removed, that would not hurt the game. The ability to bully Jason. This is not to say stunning Jason should be removed.... but running away from the psychotic zombie slasher would probably be a good idea. You gain stamina when striking Jason for a reason, I doubt that reason was so you could stand face to face with someone you would run away from (if it was even possible to encounter such a being) in real life. The fear mechanic is there because no one (or at least...very few people) would play the game as if they were scared if it wasn't there. Would you stumble on purpose when being chased in this or any other game for that matter? Would you stumble in real life on purpose when being chased by a real life killer? Somehow, I doubt it.
   Another thing that should be removed that would not hurt balance and be more realistic... the ability to hit someone through a door that is not standing against it. You will take note, Jason would be standing about three feet away from the door when smashing it down with the standard animation. When a counselor is struck by Jason bashing the door in, they are usually barricading it, or standing to close to it in an attempt to hit him through the door. In real life.... standing so close to a door while someone is bashing it in... with any weapon or tool capable of bashing down a door, would be unadvisable. Trying to strike someone that is bashing down a door while you stand on the other side would just be physically impossible, not to mention, unadvisable.