1 hour ago, Truth said:

That I've never seen. I've seen him get stunned while breaking the door, and that is what I am referring to. They never said it WAS intended, but they (at the time of that thread) were unsure of whether or not to keep it. Since they have not come out and said "this was unintended and anyone doing this is using an exploit", there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.

Now, if people are able to stun him through a solid door while he is just standing there, then we have a different issue.

This does happen, i had someone last week who was very good at stunning me behind a locked door just as id lined up to start knocking it down.  Timed to perfection i kept getting hit before theres even a hole in the door. The guy ran from cabin to cabin doing it. It needs sorting out.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

That I've never seen. I've seen him get stunned while breaking the door, and that is what I am referring to. They never said it WAS intended, but they (at the time of that thread) were unsure of whether or not to keep it. Since they have not come out and said "this was unintended and anyone doing this is using an exploit", there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.

Now, if people are able to stun him through a solid door while he is just standing there, then we have a different issue.

I don't know why you wouldn't have seen it, or at least tried it. Just try it. The doors don''t function differently between being intact and chopped. The doors only LOOK different. The model is merely changing textures, swapping from whole, to chopped, to more chopped, but the door itself never changes state until it's destroyed. I have done it myself and I'll be sure to try to capture it later to show everyone.

It can hardly be considered an exploit because that is just the nature of how the doors function in the game code. The doors and walls are permeable while the cabin walls make weapons bounce off. They should make doors and walls impermeable until destroyed, or at least until the state where it has the biggest hole in it.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

That's the exact issue we are complaining about!! I have had Jason walk up to the unbroken door and get stunned by a bat that clips through a solid door with no holes, it's an exploit!

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

This does happen, i had someone last week who was very good at stunning me behind a locked door just as id lined up to start knocking it down.  Timed to perfection i kept getting hit before theres even a hole in the door. The guy ran from cabin to cabin doing it. It needs sorting out.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It can hardly be considered an exploit because that is just the nature of how the doors function in the game code. The doors and walls are permeable while the cabin walls make weapons bounce off. They should make doors and walls impermeable until destroyed, or at least until the state where it has the biggest hole in it.

50 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

That's the exact issue we are complaining about!! I have had Jason walk up to the unbroken door and get stunned by a bat that clips through a solid door with no holes, it's an exploit!

I honestly never even thought to try it because I assumed an intact door would act like an intact door lol

I swing once there's a hole in it. That's what I've seen/experienced. I believe you, I just haven't seen it. That shouldn't be possible.

Edit: Just realized I should have known this from all the times Jason has hit me while I was barricading the door... I feel dumb now...

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

If the shotgun killed Jason, there would be no point in the kill mechanics that we have in the game. If it stuns him too long.... its a get out of jail free card. Even one shotgun on the entire map would make it way too easy to kill Jason or escape. No matter how O.P. Jason is made (without changing ability regenerations) and how nerfed counselors become (even taking away all weapons on the map).... some counselors would still escape. Not to say you or I would escape every game, but that is how it is now as well.
   If you would like more realism, may I suggest removing the totally unrealistic med sprays entirely? How about, when a counselor is struck by a machete, or axe it does realistic damage, say like leaving them entirely helpless and bleeding to death within a minute or two, or maybe just killing them outright? Just like in real life, but this is a game.
   If any of these things are removed, it would take much away from this game. Balance is hard to achieve, this game presents unique challenges toward balance.
   Here is something that should be removed, that would not hurt the game. The ability to bully Jason. This is not to say stunning Jason should be removed.... but running away from the psychotic zombie slasher would probably be a good idea. You gain stamina when striking Jason for a reason, I doubt that reason was so you could stand face to face with someone you would run away from (if it was even possible to encounter such a being) in real life. The fear mechanic is there because no one (or at least...very few people) would play the game as if they were scared if it wasn't there. Would you stumble on purpose when being chased in this or any other game for that matter? Would you stumble in real life on purpose when being chased by a real life killer? Somehow, I doubt it.
   Another thing that should be removed that would not hurt balance and be more realistic... the ability to hit someone through a door that is not standing against it. You will take note, Jason would be standing about three feet away from the door when smashing it down with the standard animation. When a counselor is struck by Jason bashing the door in, they are usually barricading it, or standing to close to it in an attempt to hit him through the door. In real life.... standing so close to a door while someone is bashing it in... with any weapon or tool capable of bashing down a door, would be unadvisable. Trying to strike someone that is bashing down a door while you stand on the other side would just be physically impossible, not to mention, unadvisable.

The window hitting is fine seeing how it could be semi-realistic but the door hitting shouldn’t be unless the door is almost broken in and Jason is in combat mode really close to the door, although even then it’s not really that great. Everybody at one point or another has hit Jason through the door or has been hit through the door by a counselor. Unless it was a stabbing animation that just did damge then being hit through the door is just an easy way to knock off Jason’s mask if you are playing Adam, Buggzy, or Fox. Neither Jason nor the counselor should be able to hit one another through the door unless they are extremely close to the door and it is almost broken into, although I don’t see what the big deal about the window is. If Jason takes the bait and starts going into combat mode and trying to hit the counselor through the window that’s just going to come out to the counselor on the winning end.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

One time Jason was in combat mode and his axe got stuck into a door and a counselor hit him through a solid door while Jason was trying to pull his axe out of the door. I HATE it when Jason’s weapon gets stuck into a door.

1 hour ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yeah, don't really like Jarvis map. Pinehurst is better, but. It's not my favourite.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trish Jarvis in the game, it would be interesting to see what her stats would be :huh:.

I think she’d be a fighter/runner with her low stats being repair and stealth...she’d be lucky, composed, average speed, high stamina, and above average strength. So basically Jenny with higher strength and stamina but lower stealth and slightly lower luck.

11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

The window hitting is fine seeing how it could be semi-realistic but the door hitting shouldn’t be unless the door is almost broken in and Jason is in combat mode really close to the door, although even then it’s not really that great. Everybody at one point or another has hit Jason through the door or has been hit through the door by a counselor. Unless it was a stabbing animation that just did damge then being hit through the door is just an easy way to knock off Jason’s mask if you are playing Adam, Buggzy, or Fox. Neither Jason nor the counselor should be able to hit one another through the door unless they are extremely close to the door and it is almost broken into, although I don’t see what the big deal about the window is. If Jason takes the bait and starts going into combat mode and trying to hit the counselor through the window that’s just going to come out to the counselor on the winning end.

Personally, I would never attempt to strike someone in real life through a broken window without some serious armor to protect my arm (and eye protection for that matter). I would also not recommend trying this trick at home.
   Smashing the window would be very similar to smashing the door, at least your positioning to accomplish this task. The weapon you are using to do it has a certain length, so you would not be standing right in front of it to smash a window either, but back a foot or three from it to effectively 'smash it'. I know the animations do make it  look like they are right in front of the window, but the weapon is clipping through the window frame and wall, making it look more unrealistic. There will be some physics 'fixes with the update, perhaps this will be one of them.
   There is no way you could strike someone smashing the window with any weapon (other than a shotgun or flare gun for game purposes) in reality with taking some serious damage to your arm from the broken glass that remains in the window frame. 
   I have been struck through doors and windows myself in the game many times. I do not do it myself because I feel it is 'cheap'. I do wave at Jason when he is bashing down the door though. When I play Jason and hit someone when smashing down a door or window, it is uniformly because they were to close to the window or door. In reality, the shattered glass that they would get showered with would hurt them, possibly seriously, whether the weapon struck them or not.
   I would not have a problem with counselors trying to strike Jason through the door if they did damage to the door themselves in the attempt, but that would be helping Jason break the door down.
   I would have no problem with counselors trying to strike through windows if they at least took the same damage as climbing through it.

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason was never killed in Part 3...he was knocked out by Chris Higgins with the axe to the skull. The only time he actually died was Part 4 by Tommy then years later was resurrected by the lightning strike. After that he was resurrected multiple times after Part 6, but he never DIED in Part 3, so maybe YOU ARE the one who needs to do a little more research.

If Jason wasn't dead at the end of part 3, those sure were some inept paramedics who just did not want to follow the procedures that they all follow. Procedures are there for a reason, like checking the pulse to see if someone is still alive. Real people have suffered far worse head trauma and survived than the axe to the head Jason received at the end of that movie. If those paramedics had a brain at all, they would have at least checked the pulse of the psycho that has been 'leaving the wet stuff' as they put it. This would not need to be shown on screen, many things in movies are left off screen due to time constraints and the fact we all know that it should have happened anyway.
   That being said, it was only a movie and it was only made in attempt to make more money from something already proven to be somewhat profitable. Through all the documentaries and commentaries I have watched on these movies, I have never heard a conformation that Jason was in fact dead at the end of part 3 or the beginning of part 4 (but I may be wrong or missed that one). So we are left to speculate. At least it gives fans of the movies something to talk about, but let's not take it too seriously. With the addition later on of Jason being resurrected in Part 6 and other movies after that, many fans like to think he was undead the entire time. Others think he lived in the forest for 21 years or so, living off the land. But seriously, if he was smart enough to live off the land for any length of time (most of us have no idea how to do this in real life), then he would have been smart enough to find help or even make his way home instead of living off the land...far away from his beloved mother.
    That being said, all of the Jasons, including Roy work with the same game mechanics, just different strengths and weaknesses. If this were to change to make the earlier Jasons more 'human', it would probably be a lot of work. Not to mention that far fewer would play these weaker Jasons anymore. I think these mechanics work fine (even for Roy, but I still find it comical when he bashes a door down with those hedge shears). 

I also like your thoughts on Trish Jarvis in the above post. Although I am not sure about the higher strength. She was very lucky to walk away after jumping through that window though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If Jason wasn't dead at the end of part 3, those sure were some inept paramedics who just did not want to follow the procedures that they all follow. Procedures are there for a reason, like checking the pulse to see if someone is still alive. Real people have suffered far worse head trauma and survived than the axe to the head Jason received at the end of that movie. If those paramedics had a brain at all, they would have at least checked the pulse of the psycho that has been 'leaving the wet stuff' as they put it. This would not need to be shown on screen, many things in movies are left off screen due to time constraints and the fact we all know that it should have happened anyway.
   That being said, it was only a movie and it was only made in attempt to make more money from something already proven to be somewhat profitable. Through all the documentaries and commentaries I have watched on these movies, I have never heard a conformation that Jason was in fact dead at the end of part 3 or the beginning of part 4 (but I may be wrong or missed that one). So we are left to speculate. At least it gives fans of the movies something to talk about, but let's not take it too seriously. With the addition later on of Jason being resurrected in Part 6 and other movies after that, many fans like to think he was undead the entire time. Others think he lived in the forest for 21 years or so, living off the land. But seriously, if he was smart enough to live off the land for any length of time (most of us have no idea how to do this in real life), then he would have been smart enough to find help or even make his way home instead of living off the land...far away from his beloved mother.
    That being said, all of the Jasons, including Roy work with the same game mechanics, just different strengths and weaknesses. If this were to change to make the earlier Jasons more 'human', it would probably be a lot of work. Not to mention that far fewer would play these weaker Jasons anymore. I think these mechanics work fine (even for Roy, but I still find it comical when he bashes a door down with those hedge shears). 

I also like your thoughts on Trish Jarvis in the above post. Although I am not sure about the higher strength. She was very lucky to walk away after jumping through that window though.

I only said higher strength (5-6 max) because she knocked off the mask in a single hit. She would be pretty solid all round character.

17 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I only said higher strength (5-6 max) because she knocked off the mask in a single hit. She would be pretty solid all round character.

Good point, I did not think of the one hit demasking. I would like to see her in the game too. It would be a bit weird to see Tommy's older sister looking so much younger than him though. But then again, Tommy does travel back in time to deal with younger Jasons as well.... so it makes sense to me. I wonder if Tommy invented the time machine or just borrowed it, maybe Trish knows.

7 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

You are right... Jason shouldn’t sit up after 5 seconds.... he should sit up, after 3, to many people like you are the reason why Jason was nerfed in the 1st place,  Jason is  still underpoweredth, he gets stunned whe the wind blows, gets hit throug windows and closed doors, I’m sure you are one of the people using the exploit which will be taken out with the engine upgrade, so have fun now while you can.

Naw, he's fine. This poster isn't whining or complaining  or demanding ridiculous jason nerfs (those are the kinds of people who caused the patch that ruined jason, people who whined like crazy that they could never escape. This poster is not doing that).

@JennyMyers1984 was just making a suggestion and asking the community about it, they aren't calling for the removal of shift grab, he isn't whining or making assumptions. You are the one who is doing that, you are attacking the poster based on what exactly? Their username having a counsellor's name in it? That they think that maybe a shotgun should have an additional 2 seconds of stun time? That doesn't make the poster a Jason hater or an exploiter like you are randomly claiming. Basically, you are saying that just because they have a different opinion than you on this specific, minor issue, they must be a douche bag? Your own bias is showing. At least they presented their opinion calmy, you're just attacking for no reason

I personally have my preference set to Jason. I don't think counsellors should be able to hit Jason through doors (especially not intact ones), but I also don't think this guy's shotgun suggestion is so appalling that I need to berate him for no reason and with no evidence.

in the hands of a good player, Jason can wipe almost any QP lobby, and he can hold his own against good private lobbies while results will fluctuate somewhat. If you need your hand held so badly as Jason then maybe just wait for single player in April, rather than insinuating that another poster should quit the game when the new engine comes out just because they asked the community a question about the shotgun. Jason might be underpowered to you, but to others he is still overpowered and to me he is close to just right. 

Maybe you just had a frustrating game or two, or you really, really love the movies and have a massive bias in Jasons favor... Maybe you are fed up with exploiters and are still peeved that we had a brief period where counsellors could troll even pretty good Jasons. I don't blame you. I get it. Those were dark times... but lets not automatically condemn another player just for having a slightly different opinion. 

@Ahab is disagreeing with some of the same posters in this thread as you are, including @JennyMyers1984, but he is doing so like an actual adult with a continued dialogue. I'd recommend doing the same, but that's just me.