Hear me out on this one...Jason is stunned for a very brief time when hit with a shotgun. Especially when the blast knocks him on the ground and all Jason has to do is spam a button to get up. Now I’m not talking about how long Jason was stunned when the game was first released when you could start the car and be halfway up the road by the time he was unstunned, but for a single shot weapon’s stun only lasting as long as a bat stun which has 2-5 hits depending on the counselor’s luck it just seems like shotguns aren’t as effective. Even if it is Jason Voorhees it is a SHOTGUN and should stun him longer than a melee weapon (especially the human Jason’s). You should be able to start the car in the time Jason is stunned by a shotgun blast but it shouldn’t be so long that the car is halfway to the exit. It just seems as though a shotgun isn’t as useful as a weapon were you have more then one hit when a shotgun blast doesn’t stun Jason for very long.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The inate advantages is that you can stun Jason from a distance and don't need to risk your own saftey.  That alone makes Shotguns very useful.

Unless you have good backups, like other counselors you can rely on or pocket knives, then a shotgun is a safer option.  Baseball bats are better as a melee weapon but as a safer weapon go Shotgun.

• Like 3

The shotgun should just flat out kill Jason. We should get a cinematic view of all the surviving counselors escaping and holding hands while singing. 

With the nonsense out of the way. 

9 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

but for a single shot weapon’s stun only lasting as long as a bat stun which has 2-5 hits depending on the counselor’s luck it just seems like shotguns aren’t as effective. 

The trade off is that a bat risks being in Jason's melee range. I prefer my one safe distance stun to risking my life. 

9 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Even if it is Jason Voorhees it is a SHOTGUN and should stun him longer than a melee weapon (especially the human Jason’s). You should be able to start the car in the time Jason is stunned by a shotgun blast but it shouldn’t be so long that the car is halfway to the exit. It just seems as though a shotgun isn’t as useful as a weapon were you have more then one hit when a shotgun blast doesn’t stun Jason for very long.

Game mechanics need to be worked within the context of the game. Jason's with bad shifts would be utterly fucked under this idea. 

If you don't think the shotgun is useful, let somebody else have it. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. 

OP is also conveniently omitting forgetting that unlike any other weapon, the shotgun does significant damage towards mask removal in the same hit that it stuns. It does this from a great distance, with a large shot-spread giving greater margin for error while still landing a hit.

Put down the counselor crack pipe, @JennyMyers1984 :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The shotgun should just flat out kill Jason. We should get a cinematic view of all the surviving counselors escaping and holding hands while singing. 

The trade off is that a bat risks being in Jason's melee range. I prefer my one safe distance stun to risking my life. 

Game mechanics need to be worked within the context of the game. Jason's with bad shifts would be utterly fucked under this idea. 

If you don't think the shotgun is useful, let somebody else have it. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. 

Yes a shotgun is useful but for how long? You’re going to have to find a new weapon after one shot and weapons are a little more scarce then they once were. I’m just saying a shotgun blast should be A LITTLE longer then a stun with a baseball bat. Jason shouldn’t get up after 5 seconds of being shot in the face.

Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

Yes a shotgun is useful but for how long? You’re going to have to find a new weapon after one shot and weapons are a little more scarce then they once were. I’m just saying a shotgun blast should be A LITTLE longer then a stun with a baseball bat. Jason shouldn’t get up after 5 seconds of being shot in the face.

It's useful until you shoot it. 

Most of the weapons in the game are less than useful. The bat is the one melee weapon I have faith in. As it is, the tradeoff is that you have to risk getting killed to use the bat. (I've died more than once trying to fight, and I'm pretty good at scooping up people who run up on me looking to knock my block off as Jason.) The shotgun puts Jason on his ass with no risk to it's wielder. 

If we're looking at this from a cinematic angle, the shotgun should outright kill Jason's 2-4 and Roy. However as a game, mechanics have to override story at times. Having Jason KO'ed for endless seconds is way too much. The time spent stunned is more than reasonable in it's current state. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

You should be able to start the car in the time Jason is stunned by a shotgun blast but it shouldn’t be so long that the car is halfway to the exit. It just seems as though a shotgun isn’t as useful as a weapon were you have more then one hit when a shotgun blast doesn’t stun Jason for very long.

So you are saying that the shotgun should be a get out of jail free card. Way too much of a buff to counselors. As @Risinggrave pointed out... Jasons with -shift would be out of luck and you are not at risk using a ranged weapon. Any other Jason, also out of luck if the car moved more than twenty yards from its original position. As it stands now, if Jason misses the car once and the driver heads straight for the exit, only a +morph Jason stands any chance of getting in front of the car again. They probably will not have shift regenerated by this point and will lose the carload of counselors. Also, Morphing close to most road exits puts you pretty far away from the road. This would literally be your 'Get out of Crystal Lake Free Card'.
   A shot gun is useful for one shot, then you have to find another weapon.... this is why I rarely bother with it or the flare gun unless I am in a house with a shotgun (or flare gun) and another weapon is there to grab.
   You are right though, the shotgun blast should be longer than the bat stun.... we should cut the bat stun in half immediately.... Just kidding, its fine how it is.

The stun duration for the animation where Jason is standing is fine. Instead if changing the duration, Jason should simply not be knocked down by the shotgun, since any compotent masher can get up pretty much right away. Tht or if he does get knocked down by it, remove the prompt for him to mash and let the stun take its course. I agree that he gets up to fast if knocked down by the shot, the standing stun animation for the shotgun is the longest stun animation for Jason and is more than long enough as it is currently.

34 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I totally agree with the first part, it should explode Jason’s Head, and then Chad, takes a piss on his corpse, and everyone has a party and then lives Happily ever after :chadwut:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Why are weapons your first priority? What about...I don't know...maybe some gas, keys, a battery, fuse, or propeller? You seem to still be in the mindset of "We need to fight Jason" 

Try thinking about avoiding him and completing objectives rather than just trying to pick a fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

Why are weapons your first priority? What about...I don't know...maybe some gas, keys, a battery, fuse, or propeller? You seem to still be in the mindset of "We need to fight Jason" 

Try thinking about avoiding him and completing objectives rather than just trying to pick a fight.

So I’m gonna be weaponless and let Jason kill me? Of course I’ll pick up the objectives and bring them to the car/boat/fuse box but I normally play low repair counselors so why would I risk that? I’m the counselor to distract and stun Jason so obviously I’m gonna fight Jason while my smarter counselors are putting in the parts. Yet people complain when Tiffany tries to put the battery in the car.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

OP is also conveniently omitting forgetting that unlike any other weapon, the shotgun does significant damage towards mask removal in the same hit that it stuns. It does this from a great distance, with a large shot-spread giving greater margin for error while still landing a hit.

Put down the counselor crack pipe, @JennyMyers1984 :rolleyes:

Jason shouldn’t sit up five seconds after a shotgun blast, stop giving Jason so much credit when he got his ass kicked toward the end of the movies. Sure the shotgun blast when he is stunned standing up is fine how it is but when the bat and the shotgun have the same stun duration there is a problem. There is no counselor crack pipe when I’m simply giving a suggestion. I guess nobody around here can have an opinion to make the game more realistic or better for each side.

The shotgun deals some nice damage and is an easy stun that you can pull out and shoot Jason with point-blank at a critical moment with zero risk of him dodging it. It's also a guaranteed stun whenever you really need it, such as a car starting up. It's already powerful enough.

• Like 1

Reduce the damage for demasking caused by the shotgun by half, increase the stun time by half.

23 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Reduce the damage for demasking caused by the shotgun by half, increase the stun time by half.

Then it becomes basically just another flare gun.

The thing about shotguns is they don't actually stun Jason, rather they do a crapload of damage that knocks him down. There's two different kinds of animations whenever Jason is incapacitated by a weapon other than the pocket knife. The first is when he turns his head; this is an actual stun (meaning you dealt no damage but successfully stunned him). The second animation, Jason fallling down, meant he took a high amount of damage.

What I'm trying to get at here is that shotguns don't just "stun" Jason when they knock him down, they help towards demasking him. This is one of many reasons why the shotgun is already a powerful weapon:

• Any counselor, regardless of strength, can use it to help contribute towards killing Jason.
  • You can safely shoot Jason from a long distance. This is really useful for ambushing him if he's trying to find you when Sense isn't picking you up.
  • If you hit Jason, it's a guarenteed way to incapacitate him for a while like a normal stun would.
  • If friendly fire isn't active (all QP matches as well as private matches that switched the option off), the gun can be used to save a grabbed counselor from a distance.
  • Carrying the shotgun reduces your fear buildup, similar to all weapons.
  • There is currently no mechanic that makes the aiming difficult, like higher fear causing the aim to become erratic for instance.

The only real downside besides the damage increasing Jason's rage meter is you only get one shot, but it's for a good reason.

On a side note, I'd really love to see the counselor actually carrying the shotgun with both hands like how Tommy Jarvis used to back in the beta. The whole "shotgun is mounted on your back" deal is like asking the gun to go off accidentally when the trigger gets caught on something. Responsible gun handling animations please Gun Media/Illfonic?

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Then it becomes basically just another flare gun.

No it doesn't, but I see your concern.

The flare gun deals base minimum damage (essentially 0.1% damage). 50% of the shotgun's current damage would still be way more than the flaregun. The flaregun also cannot knock Jason over.

Thus, my suggestion of making the shotgun's stun time an additional 50% longer and reducing its damage by 50% means it would have the chance to stun Jason for about three and a half times as long as the flaregun if Jason is knocked over, and at least double the flaregun if he is stays on his feet. Plus, it would still do far more damage than the flaregun regardless of any damage nerf.

15 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

There is currently no mechanic that makes the aiming difficult, like higher fear causing the aim to become erratic for instance.

Thats actually would be a interesting mechanic and would make composer stat more useful.   Its kinda similar to a mechanic in Metal Gear Solid 4's Psyche Gauge where aiming wouldn't be steady.

It could be made like how it went down for Sheriff Garris shooting Jason. Each shot progressively being less effective.

Hmmmmm....this must be why each shotgun only has one shot in the game. Only the first blast is useful lol. 

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason shouldn’t sit up five seconds after a shotgun blast, stop giving Jason so much credit when he got his ass kicked toward the end of the movies. Sure the shotgun blast when he is stunned standing up is fine how it is but when the bat and the shotgun have the same stun duration there is a problem. There is no counselor crack pipe when I’m simply giving a suggestion. I guess nobody around here can have an opinion to make the game more realistic or better for each side.

What do we want? More realistic or better? Because if we are going realistic, Jason needs to be coded to where a single slash drops a counselor. Pocketknives have no effect on zombie Jason's and once Jason ruins the car, boat, phone or power box, it stays broke. 

As you can see, because this is a game, some things need to be adapted for gameplay. 

6 hours ago, Trident77 said:

• If friendly fire isn't active (all QP matches as well as private matches that switched the option off), the gun can be used to save a grabbed counselor from a distance.

On a side note, I'd really love to see the counselor actually carrying the shotgun with both hands like how Tommy Jarvis used to back in the beta. The whole "shotgun is mounted on your back" deal is like asking the gun to go off accidentally when the trigger gets caught on something. Responsible gun handling animations please Gun Media/Illfonic?

I'll have to doublecheck, but I don't recall seeing an off switch for friendly fire in private. Also you can save a grabbed counselor even with FF on. It's just harder.

Agreed on the bolded. 

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Re-watch part 6 please and stop trying to Nerf Jason.

10 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’m the counselor to distract and stun Jason so obviously I’m gonna fight Jason

So why are you using the shotgun? That's not meant for fighting Jason... To me, it's meant for a quick stun to get you to the next cabin so you can grab a real weapon.

No, they should not.  Leave it as is.  No more Jason nerfs.

12 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

You are right... Jason shouldn’t sit up after 5 seconds.... he should sit up, after 3, to many people like you are the reason why Jason was nerfed in the 1st place,  Jason is  still underpowered , he gets stunned whe the wind blows, gets hit throug windows and closed doors, I’m sure you are one of the people using the exploit which will be taken out with the engine upgrade, so have fun now while you can.