Still prefer the blue since it’s more unique but cool. How about an appropriate attack animation for the shears too?

Dont Care about Roys overalls. I do care that jason can grab me when i clearly hit him and when my pal hits with a bat it goes through him and then he kills me...just saying i think there are more important matters you should address instead of pandering for pats on the back from these clowns.

2 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

Interesting. Still waiting for a more counselor-centric update though. 

Legendary perks isn't counselor-centric enough?

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

the updated grab animation

I beg your pardon? What's this about, good sir?

21 minutes ago, skallapat said:

Dont Care about Roys overalls. I do care that jason can grab me when i clearly hit him and when my pal hits with a bat it goes through him and then he kills me...just saying i think there are more important matters you should address instead of pandering for pats on the back from these clowns.

That means the kill animation has begun and you can't save your friend. Basically- deal with it. :P That's how it's always been.

44 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I beg your pardon? What's this about, good sir?

Did you miss the entire thread about the new grab animation a couple weeks ago?? Lol

In "His Name was Jason" starting at 41:20ish... Tom Morga (who is not in the final credits) talks about playing the imposter Jason and Jason apparition and the make up for both. At 42:10ish Dick Wieand (who is credited as playing Roy) talks about, and I quote...."The first time I put on the green jump suit..."
    Why was Tom Morga not credited in the cast of characters at the end? I don't know. But both actors talk about "suiting up" as the imposter Jason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skallapat said:

Just because you hit him doesn't mean you automatically stunned him. Ever hear of random number generators? As for your friend not being able to save you, I'm pretty sure that is because the kill animation has already begun. Sounds like you might have a bit of sodium overload. Let's all do the salt dance!

c1f31a1279f3abad4eb627463f2afd259af55907

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

In "His Name was Jason" starting at 41:20ish... Tom Morga (who is not in the final credits) talks about playing the imposter Jason and Jason apparition and the make up for both. At 42:10ish Dick Wieand (who is credited as playing Roy) talks about, and I quote...."The first time I put on the green jump suit..."
    Why was Tom Morga not credited in the cast of characters at the end? I don't know. But both actors talk about "suiting up" as the imposter Jason.

Tom Morga was hired as a stuntman for A New Beginning, and he is credited for that on IMDB. DIck Wiend portrayed Roy and "impostor Jason"  for most of the film. Morga mostly only acted in the flashbacks that Tommy had of Jason, except for the opening dream sequence, where John Hock stood in for Morga. 

Morga was also Michael Myers for half of Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, and was ultimately replaced by George Wilbur. Again, Morga was credited for his stuntwork on that one. It just seems that poor Tom wasn't meant to be the star of horror films. But, he has a pretty impressive stunt and character actor resume. I think he's ok with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well all that's left to do is slapping that machete on him and it'll feel like the final act from the movie.

All that's missing is a "reckless" hero.

@Rexfellis

You know your stuff. :)

Morga also appeared briefly as Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2- making him the only actor to play Jason, Michael and Leatherface. The guy definitely deserves to be better known than he is.

44 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Rexfellis

You know your stuff. :)

Morga also appeared briefly as Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2- making him the only actor to play Jason, Michael and Leatherface. The guy definitely deserves to be better known than he is.

I completely forgot about Leatherface. Great catch BoB! 

It reminds me of the great "Trifecta Kills" debate of the Alien, Predator, and Terminator films. Many will say that it is Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen. I still have to call BS on Henrikson, although I love him as an actor. Both were killed in the original Terminator...rather unceremoniously. Bill died in Predators 2 and Henriksen was destined to die from the beginning of AvP due to his last name. We all know that Pvt. Hudson bought it in Aliens, but, I'm not sure we can give the Queen a kill for what happened to Bishop. I mean, he was an android, therefore never really alive. So, I have to give props to Bill Paxton for being killed in all three of those franchises. And, for getting turned into a big mound of stinking snot in Weird Science. :lol:

All in all, it sounds like Mr. Morga is in good company as far as spreading his skills across the horror landscape.

Ok, I'm done being a film geek now.

@ShiftySamurai I'm going for the green jumpsuit. It was green during the daylight scenes. Trying to get the discussion back on topic.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Did you miss the entire thread about the new grab animation a couple weeks ago?? Lol

I believe the fact that I am reacting to the news in a manner that heavily suggests that I was unaware of said thread's existence would be enough, but if you require additional confirmation then I will provide it: YES, I OBVIOUSLY FUCKING MISSED IT.

*EDIT* I found the thread. It was made while I was away on vacation, so that's why I missed it. Cool news.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Dedicated servers are not in the next update. The next update includes Single Player Challenges, Jason Weapon Selection, the updated grab animation, the Perk Update & Legendary Perks, and a mostly-film-accurate skin option for Roy....

Oh, and the engine update.

Any new counselors or maps from the films are coming with the new update ?

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

I found it. Here it is for all to see:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bless 2 Success said:

Any new counselors or maps from the films are coming with the new update ?

No

2 hours ago, AshtonF13 said:

No

*Not that we know of*

They've been dropping teasers every week, who knows what they'll announce next week? Maybe it is another counselor. Maybe we will get the Grendel map.

@Bless 2 Success

Edit: @AshtonF13 was correct, no new counselors or maps will be added with the next update. See @ShiftySamurai's comment below for details.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I found it. Here it is for all to see:

I got a good laugh out of what you did with the video..... I would have posted the clip myself, but I don't play with video editing software much... or all at all really.
     Cheers!

19 minutes ago, Truth said:

*Not that we know of*

They've been dropping teasers every week, who knows what they'll announce next week? Maybe it is another counselor. Maybe we will get the Grendel map.

I hate to kill hype, but I really want to make sure people aren't expecting things that aren't going to be there when the update drops. There are a lot of changes happening (a lot of them already outlined) but there won't be premium DLC, a map, Jason, or counselor added in the next update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I hate to kill hype, but I really want to make sure people aren't expecting things that aren't going to be there when the update drops. There are a lot of changes happening (a lot of them already outlined) but there won't be premium DLC, a map, Jason, or counselor added in the next update.

And now we know.

@ShiftySamurai

Thanks for giving Roy the green jumpsuit. Any plans to make other Jasons more film accurate?

Part 2 Jason should be an average build man much like Part 5. And Part 9 Jason should have an option to give players the damaged eye to the right side, just like how it was presented in the film.