This one goes out to all of you Roy fans. After the release of Roy and Pinehurst, we saw large conversations about the color of Roy’s overalls. 

“Roy’s coveralls are green, but these are blue”

“They are blue, look at this screenshot”

“They are green, look at THIS screenshot”

And back and forth it went for days. With no end to the debate in sight, I asked Ronnie what the actual color was, and he let me know that there were ongoing conversations about that exact topic, and that the blue coveralls were not the only color we planned on Roy having.

Ronnie had been working with the team at IllFonic in creating mock ups of Roy to find the shade of green that matched multiple scenes from Friday the 13th: Part V. Apparently, Ronnie had spent quite a bit of time tracking down experts, memorabilia owners, and costumers to find the right shade. As it turns out, that’s not an easy thing to do. 

With responses from contacts of “cool grey” and “blue with green tones”, he was left without an actual definable color. Ronnie followed up on a lead of “spruce green”, and what he found is that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of colors named “spruce green”, and that they vary substantially.

After weeks of digging for info, tracking down colors, and mock up iterations with an artist, we have settled on the following color.

GreenRoy (1).png

Is this color going to be a perfect match for every scene in Friday the 13th: Part V? No, but it is very close. 

Friday the 13th: The Game will include both blue and green coverall options for Roy - green being the default, and blue being a secondary option - for everyone's favorite paramedic in the next update.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Okay. The next update will be full of love for Jason, but how about the counselors? New counselors? Clothing packs? Emotes? Anything?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don’t think it was worth spending the dev time to make this option, HOWEVER, very cool how much detail and effort you guys put into this game. You guys continue to raise that bar. Keep up the good work. 

These continual updates lately have been the shit. I'm constantly finding myself surprised with things I didn't even know I wanted. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lowkeychris123 said:

What do you mean my next update with dedicated servers or after

It will be in the next update, whatever that may include. That's what that means.

Just now, Lowkeychris123 said:

What do you mean my next update with dedicated servers or after

Dedicated servers are not in the next update. The next update includes Single Player Challenges, Jason Weapon Selection, the updated grab animation, the Perk Update & Legendary Perks, and a mostly-film-accurate skin option for Roy....

Oh, and the engine update.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

DOtfOaWV4AAL1Kn.jpg

Tom Morga knows

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Green Is original, blue going be alternate

Just send an email to Tom morga for confirm. Anyway observing well it is possible to see the Spruce green what leaves the clothes in the blue tone is the color of the environment

The attention to detail is amazing, but put the white frog in the Jarvis house! ;) I kid, I kid... or do I?!? 

6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Dedicated servers are not in the next update. The next update includes Single Player Challenges, Jason Weapon Selection, the updated grab animation, the Perk Update & Legendary Perks, and a mostly-film-accurate skin option for Roy....

Oh, and the engine update.

So no Jason X, man i was hoping that i would stop fighting against invincibles Uber Jasons on steam, guess is a no :(

Pus blood for Zombies Jasons

Looks great. Hopefully the dedicated servers are coming soon too. Also, what about Uber Jason and the Grendel Map?

No Jason X, no Grendel and no Mean Girl in the next update?! Wow, now my hype is dead. 

Really gotta take my hats off to them again. They do listen...and they prove it - time and time again. The coveralls thing could've been swept underneath the carpet and ignored. It wasn't. Fairplay to them, and thanks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

This one goes out to all of you Roy fans. After the release of Roy and Pinehurst, we saw large conversations about the color of Roy’s overalls. 

“Roy’s coveralls are green, but these are blue”

“They are blue, look at this screenshot”

“They are green, look at THIS screenshot”

And back and forth it went for days. With no end to the debate in sight, I asked Ronnie what the actual color was, and he let me know that there were ongoing conversations about that exact topic, and that the blue coveralls were not the only color we planned on Roy having.

Ronnie had been working with the team at IllFonic in creating mock ups of Roy to find the shade of green that matched multiple scenes from Friday the 13th: Part V. Apparently, Ronnie had spent quite a bit of time tracking down experts, memorabilia owners, and costumers to find the right shade. As it turns out, that’s not an easy thing to do. 

With responses from contacts of “cool grey” and “blue with green tones”, he was left without an actual definable color. Ronnie followed up on a lead of “spruce green”, and what he found is that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of colors named “spruce green”, and that they vary substantially.

After weeks of digging for info, tracking down colors, and mock up iterations with an artist, we have settled on the following color.

GreenRoy (1).png

Is this color going to be a perfect match for every scene in Friday the 13th: Part V? No, but it is very close. 

Friday the 13th: The Game will include both blue and green coverall options for Roy - green being the default, and blue being a secondary option - for everyone's favorite paramedic in the next update.

Since you're making a few cosmetic changes, @ShiftySamurai, why not go ahead and rename him as "Roy" as apposed to Jason or at least list him as "Imposter Jason"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1