Alkavian

Just fishing for community opinions on the game.

Improvements to the game.  

78 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. In the future, what types of improvements to the game would you like to see?

• I like the basics of the game the way they are. No/minimimal changes.
    • I would like to see an offline mode to play as counselors vs. Jason AI.
    • I want selectable options for matches if I'm the lobby leader. (i.e. toggle rain, difficulty, etc.)
    • I want an improved counselor perk system.
    • I want selectable perks for Jason.
    • I want small map versions of maps that don't have them.
    • I want original new maps.
    • I want new escape options/counselor objectives.
    • I want some form of ranked play system that matches players of equivalent skill/experience.
    • I want new and interesting items to enhance gameplay.
    • I want new game modes and ways to play.
    • I want an improved combat system for both counselors and Jason.
    • I want the counselor and/or Jason stats rebalanced/reworked so that they are all useful.
    • OTHER - note your choice in your response

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2018 at 08:06 PM

Hey folks,

I've never done a poll on here, but I figured I ask a few questions and see what kind of feedback people give. Looking to the future for F13:TG, what kinds of improvements would you like to see?

Edit: you can select multiple choices.

• Like 2

I'd like a different escape option/objective. Just something or anything new. I don't know what that would look like, but that's what I voted for.

Improvement over the Jason and counselor strength and weaknesses would be nice to see.

Overall combat definitely needs to be better.

A competitive mode would be nice but I think you would have to be able too choose whether your Jason or counselor.

Well I left the poll choices open so you can pick multiple things that strike your fancy. I want to get a feel for the collective group thoughts outside the normal bug fixes and server requests.?

This poll will auto-close on April 1st.

Good thread.

I vote for a few things but especially for New Objectives/Escape options but just for new maps; I'd really love the 3 originals maps keep their rules and ways to escape but Jarvis House and Pinehurst have new escape options.

Of course I want new mode too and I vote also for selectable options, like rain, hardcore mode, team killing etc...

When going to vote, I realized I had selected everything... Should I even bother submitting? lol

• Haha 1

I chose "Other" because as I've said in the past, the game is missing a critical component for player retention: a robust online progression system.  What we have now is adequate for a game of a much smaller scale, but for this game, I feel that it is woefully inadequate. That's not a knock on the developers, I just think that there's room to improve the experience.  Each of the things below could be tied to a more immersive online progression experience.

They should also have separate progressions for leveling as a counselor or as Jason.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:28 AM, Bropollocreed79 said:
  • Online progression: the random rolling of perks is probably among the more common complaints in the game.  A new title can introduce new mechanics, such as unlocking perks based on level and using CP to level them up from "Common" to "Epic".

• Customized Counselors for online play: a no-brainer.  Have specific premade classes with visual customization and allow a player to level up via unlocked skill points at predetermined levels.  Start with 25 skill points at Level 1, but acquire one skill point every ten levels up to Level 100 (or beyond).  Premade classes would fit specific archetypes (runner, stealth, repairer, etc...) and allow players to allocate the remaining points as they're unlocked.

• Enhanced cosmetic customization for counselors: gated behind a combination of free offerings purchased with CP or via micro transaction.  We've seen the popularity of the themed content packs, and expanding them would be a way to elevate things to give the player more control over their individual experience.  One thing to stress though, is that Jason should be unalterable under any circumstance, with the exception of weapon swapping.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Truth said:

When going to vote, I realized I had selected everything... Should I even bother submitting? lol

Sand bagging the system eh? ?

Perks and new objectives. New objectives for more variety. As far as perks go, bugs and explouts aside, they are probably the worst part of the game. No one wants to spend about an hour to 2 hours leveling up just to roll poor or common aquanaut 6 times. It's a terrible system, plain and simple. I actually have no good things to say about the perk system. Granted I have 30 epics, it doesn't take away from the fact that the system itself is in my personal opinion, the very worst aspect of the game.

Sure trolls will troll (find a new lobby), host will quit (dedicated servers soon hopefully), bugs and exploits are crappy (new engine should fix most), but the current perk system is seemingly here to stay, especially since legendary perks are being added, which is counterintuitive to the fact that the perk system needs an overhaul, not even more RNG to waste CP that we have to grind for on.

Edit: Adding to that, the ability to toggle rain in public matches would be nice since all rain really does is drop the frame rate.

Nice poll.  Surprised to see the combat system being reworked is number 1.  I voted for that as well, but it's last on my list.  Improving the perk system is at the top for me.  That shit is so blatantly rigged, it's not even funny.  It's actually insulting.

• Like 1

One of the things I'd like to see is a new way to kill Jason.  Now that everyone and their mother knows how to do it with the sweater stun, bat strike to drop Jason to his knees and then Tommy finishing the job with either a machete or an ax, the thrill of the kill has lost its luster. How about getting Tommy to chain Jason to the bottom of the lake ala part 6.  Right now that's impossible with the current mechanic since Jason can't be touched in the water and counselors have no chance if they encounter Jason in the water, but it would be cool to see.

Improved Combat is my #1 priority right now. Tired of my counselor swinging at an off direction while i'm directly facing Jason. Last night I aimed at a door while Jason walked through it with rage and I STILL manage to miss because I apparently aimed at the wall. I can't bicker enough about this.

This and lately I've had "whiff" frenzies with Jason players where we're both inches next to each other swinging and missing grabs off screen until one of us gets unlucky

A better online progression system is necessary, and the perk system would be a good example of this. There are other threads out there that discuss this idea better though, so I'll just leave this statement as is.

Combat especially needs to be looked at. As of right now, counselors hold too much of an edge against Jason when the swarm him in groups; Jason has no true answer to this.

The counselor stats needs an overhaul; atheletic counselors are demonstratably better than everyone else. Vanessa, with her two repair, would be completely awful at repairs, yet it's doable which makes repair counselors "hard mode" rather than necessary to the team function. Stealth needs more function to be useful (maybe QTEs based on it), strength needs QTEs badly, and the repair stat needs to be viable rather than "oh it'll take me 40+ seconds to fix this since I only have two repair points, but who cares?"

• Like 1

My top three things would be.

1. Fix perks.

2. Fix combat.

3. Fix counselor stats and stat mechanics.

Good poll, thanks for the ability to select multiple options.

My coworker who just got the game wishes there was some way to play as counsellors against ai Jason. She finds the game doesn't give her much to work with as a new player and wishes she could practice that way.

A tweaked perk system would be great, but its already on the way.

Now that the game is relatively balanced i'd like to see variety. Just a few more maps, items, escape options, and customizable pieces. Changing hair color for counsellors would go a long way towards making counsellor play feel more personal. Just one more online game mode to keep us on our toes would also go a long way.

Really, @Alkavian, it comes down to two things for me. 1. Servers can't arrive fast enough. The game is still going steady but not strong. The faster servers get here the more likely the player base will hold fast or improve. If the player base takes a significant turn for the worse, the devs will be forced to guide this game gently into the grave.

2. The second big thing for me is: don't wreck the balance the devs finally achieved by suddenly listening to a loud minority. There are still posters who use the forums to complain, to cry for massive Jason buffs or massive Jason nerfs. No, slight tweaks here and there are fine but don't alienate the common player who enjoys both Jason and counsellors. Both sides just need minor tweaking. Jason is worth it again, but it is not too hard to be counsellors. The scales are in a good spot, and I worry that the devs will resort to kicking them to one extreme or the other in a last ditch effort to save things... If servers don't get here in time.

33 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

2. The second big thing for me is: don't wreck the balance the devs finally achieved by suddenly listening to a loud minority. There are still posters who use the forums to complain, to cry for massive Jason buffs or massive Jason nerfs. No, slight tweaks here and there are fine but don't alienate the common player who enjoys both Jason and counsellors. Both sides just need minor tweaking. Jason is worth it again, but it is not too hard to be counsellors. The scales are in a good spot, and I worry that the devs will resort to kicking them to one extreme or the other in a last ditch effort to save things... If servers don't get here in time.

I don't think we have to worry too much about this.  If the last patch proved anything to me, it's that the team that's evaluating the balance between Jason and the Counselors has a pretty good read on things.  Most of the buffs to Jason in the last major patch were things that nobody on the forums called for specifically.  And yet those changes have been met with as much acclaim as anything else that has benefited the game, so I'm inclined to trust their judgement on these things going forward.

The perks system is pretty tiresome, I once spent almost an hour deleting and re-rolling perks, and in the the end I was no better off than when I started. :(

Combat could use some tweaks and new items/ways to escape/ways to kill Jason would be welcome, just to energize the experience a little as the feeling of same old, same old is becoming more and more pronounced.

19 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I don't think we have to worry too much about this.  If the last patch proved anything to me, it's that the team that's evaluating the balance between Jason and the Counselors has a pretty good read on things.  Most of the buffs to Jason in the last major patch were things that nobody on the forums called for specifically.  And yet those changes have been met with as much acclaim as anything else that has benefited the game, so I'm inclined to trust their judgement on these things going forward.

Great points about the last patch being lauded even where it veered from forum suggestions!

I trust their judgement too, the only territory where I wouldn't is if the game starts crawling on its last legs. I don't think it will, but that is worst case scenario for me, hail mary territory.

First and foremost thank you creating a poll that let me vote for as many options as possible. I would also like to note that I do love this game, so hopefully it doesnt come off as i want to change too much.

The first thing that caught my eye is private match options. Playing with the same groups repeatedly can get stale. However playing with some different options will create variety to prevent the basic game from becoming stale. Its a way for gamers to style the gameplay to their liking; whether they think Jason is too OP or too weak.

The perk system could be revamped. @AldermachXIs suggestion was perfect. I wouldnt mind losing all of my perks to start a meaningful, fair progression system other than this Atlantic city perk bullshit.

Next is the combat system. With two types of attacks its extremely bland. It leaves 1 vs many open for several attacks from all sides other than blocking. Even adding simplistic things such as quick turn, 180° attack could help Jason. Add in the weak hit detection boxes and invisible walls on cars and such, its frustrating. 

After that, acknowledging the fact they will come, is more original maps. I am always so stoked for a new map and rewatch the flick its based off of. The feeling of exploring thr camp grounds they create and looking for the likeness or references is a blast! On top of that, even though they said they wouldnt do it, i would like to see some small maps, especially off the two newest giant maps. 

Finally, after discussing with numerous people here i would like to see more meaningful stat reworking. I am fine with the current state of the game, but feel it could have so much more impact if the stats affected each other differently. By creating more meaningful stats(namely in stealth, strength areas), it can change the way counselors work together; really help create the bully, fixer, runner roles. Fear mechanics could be improved in areas to affect fixing mini games, the strength involved in swinging, etc.  There are several threads on these discussions already, so no need to go into depth here as thisbpost is already too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jason AI above anything else. Multiplayer will not be around forever, and playing as Jason just isn't fun for me personally. 

7 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Most of what was in the last patch are things the community did ask for at some point. I'm not so sure I'd say the changes were made because they had a good read on their own game so much as they payed attention to the community gripes and suggestions. That is a good thing though.

1. People wanted Jason faster.

2. People wanted reduced pocket knives/sprays/shotguns.

3. People wanted new content that was not locked behind a level requirement.

4. Some people had suggested increasing Jason's throwing knives and/or increasing the number that spawned around the map.

5. People wanted Pinehurst for a long time.

The only thing that was specifically addressed I never saw anyone suggest, and would credit entirely to the Dev team as an original idea, is the specific reduction in wrenches and machetes on the map. I think that was a good change for the record.

37 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Most of what was in the last patch are things the community did ask for at some point. I'm not so sure I'd say the changes were made because they had a good read on their own game so much as they payed attention to the community gripes and suggestions. That is a good thing though.

1. People wanted Jason faster.

2. People wanted reduced pocket knives/sprays/shotguns.

3. People wanted new content that was not locked behind a level requirement.

4. Some people had suggested increasing Jason's throwing knives and/or increasing the number that spawned around the map.

5. People wanted Pinehurst for a long time.

The only thing that was specifically addressed I never saw anyone suggest, and would credit entirely to the Dev team as an original idea, is the specific reduction in wrenches and machetes on the map. I think that was a good change for the record.

Fair point.  I was using the limited parameters of the specific changes to Jason alone, many of which I would agree had been requested at various points in the past.

But in the time frame between the October patch and the fixes in December didn't see a lot of call to specifically buff the number of traps Jason spawned with--people we're focused primarily on the item spawns (fairly, I would opine).  That's not to suggest that the buffs to Jason hadn't been requested in the past, but they weren't prioritized by "the community" in the wake of the October patch.  And I think the people making the decisions showed a commendable restraint in addressing these things the way they did while balancing against the community's expectations.

I admit my relative newness to the game puts me in a different place than backers or old timers from launch, but I've been on the other end of that equation as well, which is why I try not to get into a pointless argument over the perception of who is right or wrong in their opinion; when it comes to something like a video game, everyone's point of view has varying degrees of validity which are ultimately unimportant since money talks.

• Like 2