BeautyNumber2

Lobby Wait Time Needs to Be Significantly Reduced

Title says it all: the lobby countdowns need to be significantly reduced.

It’s noticeably taking entirely too long to get a match started at the current rate in which people enter and leave lobbies. So many players enter and leave a lobby that there are as many as 20 players that have entered and left by the time a lobby gets going. When I first started playing this game, people tended to stick in a lobby because finding once was often more difficult. Now I’ve noticed that so many players quit once they die that entire lobbies have to be repopulated after each game and it’s really becoming a problem.

With the way players abandon games now and also are finicky about their lobby, it takes 3-5 minutes after EVERY match just to get a game going. And once the countdown starts, someone enters and it starts over again ONLY FOR PEOPLE TO LEAVE and this ridiculous process to keep going on indefinitely ad nauseam for upwards of 10 minutes. I don’t even want to discuss the length of time it takes to initially get a lobby going as people just have no patience to wait for a lobby to populate. Because of this. It’s causing the other player’s patience to be wrecked. I enjoy playing the game after work and it’s a miracle now if I get 3 or 4 matches (that are completed) in during an entire evening.

To solve this, suggest significantly reducing the lobby countdown to a minute flat once four people enter the lobby. If the lobby doesn’t populate, the game will start either way and the counter should never, EVER restart just because someone enters the lobby. This whole in and out reset drives people crazy and I know first hand. There is already the second ‘waiting for players’ screen that pipes players in so there is no need for the initial lobby countdown to be so long. Can this please be considered for the next patch?

• Like 7

I agree, the lobby wait time has always been ridiculous. Waiting time needs to be dramatically reduced, in whatever way is most sensible.  

I agree. But devs are too bussy single mode ;] 

btw. Sound, when u click ready button should be OFF. 

16 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I agree, the lobby wait time has always been ridiculous. Waiting time needs to be dramatically reduced, in whatever way is most sensible.  

Yeah there’s something different lately tho.  Way too many players enter and quickly leave a lobby for whatever reason making it more difficult to start a match. I’ve also never seen so many players completely abandon the lobby once they die. I just had a match where everyone but me and the Jason player were left. Luckily I was the host but really? 6 people leaving once they die? It dawned on me that this was extreme but I had been noticing this trend. To me that’s a little much and exposes where the player base has changed. With no access to statistics, I’d wager the age range of the initial player base was in their 30s. Now, it’s definitely an average of late teens maybe early 20s with all the children actively playing. It’s odd

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

6 people leaving once they die?

Lately I've been leaving once Tommy spawns quite often. I'm trying to get the last few counselor badges and all I need are boat repairs, boat escapes, and matches as Tommy. If the lobby isn't very competent, I'll just find another if I'm not Tommy. I'm level 150 and don't need the xp, so my time is more important than sticking with the lobby.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:19 AM, blablabla said:

I agree. But devs are too bussy single mode ;] 

btw. Sound, when u click ready button should be OFF. 

It takes about 10 - 60 seconds for me to find a lobby.

Clicking sound for Ready UP is usefull.  Best way to take up people not G'ing up

Agreed, time should be reduced down to a minute and thirty.People should get things done before entering a lobby and forcing people to wait , causing some of the impatient people to leave wasting more time .

• Like 2

On 3/9/2018 at 5:09 PM, The Gloved One said:

Agreed, time should be reduced down to a minute and thirty.People should get things done before entering a lobby and forcing people to wait , causing some of the impatient people to leave wasting more time .

Exactly. It detracts from the game in an ‘era’ where players quit at ridiculous rates and we constantly have to find new lobbies

On 3/9/2018 at 5:39 AM, Truth said:

Lately I've been leaving once Tommy spawns quite often. I'm trying to get the last few counselor badges and all I need are boat repairs, boat escapes, and matches as Tommy. If the lobby isn't very competent, I'll just find another if I'm not Tommy. I'm level 150 and don't need the xp, so my time is more important than sticking with the lobby.

Sounds like we are in the same boat for counselor badges. Get it? Same boat? Ugh even I sighed at that. 

@BeautyNumber2 100% agree with you as some people will just not ready up. 

• Like 2

The wait time for when the lobby gets full was actually INCREASED recently from 00:45 to 1:30 for whatever reason that may be. I think it should be 1:30 to begin with and they should bring back 00:45 for when the lobby is full. I don't know why devs thought we needed even more waiting time in the pregame lobby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Sounds like we are in the same boat for counselor badges. Get it? Same boat? Ugh even I sighed at that. 

lol

I finally got the boat repairs done, but I still only have 41 boat escapes... I'm at like 104 for playing as Tommy.

1 hour ago, Nougat said:

I don't know why devs thought we needed even more waiting time in the pregame lobby.

They're probably just more patient than most people. Or they've never actually had to wait for a lobby to fill up. I'd assume the latter.

A buddy of mine actually took the game back to Gamestop because he couldn’t stand the lobby waits and connection issues. I finally convinced him to get the game after telling him how fun it was (months ago) and he saw it used and grabbed it. Immediately took it back and hasn’t stopped roasting how awful the lobby system is “you wait 10 minutes for someone to just quit and start all over again”

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 4:26 AM, bewareofbears said:

@BeautyNumber2

I think if the game didn't have so many issues the lobby wait times would be one of the top complaints.

I’d agree except they decided to extend the lobby waits so they are paying attention to it to some degree but without actually fixing it. Knowing this, it’s clear the devs are aware of issues but actively refuse to improve the situation. “Soon” is the excuse. If I told my boss I’d fix something soon and a year later it wasn’t fixed, It would be a wrap. When I was in customer service, if I told a customer I’d take care of an issue “soon” and never got back to them my ass would have been lit up. But it’s cool, “soon”

I totally agree with this. I don't even understand why we have the lobby countdown, then a load screen, then a whole other countdown/waiting for players screen after that, then we have to watch killer intro screen, before we even get to the match. Those intros to see who was Jason was cool the first few times, but they're so unnecessary and just add to the drag of just getting to playing the f'n game...the whole thing we ALL are there to do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

I totally agree with this. I don't even understand why we have the lobby countdown, then a load screen, then a whole other countdown/waiting for players screen after that, then we have to watch killer intro screen, before we even get to the match. Those intros to see who was Jason was cool the first few times, but they're so unnecessary and just add to the drag of just getting to playing the f'n game...the whole thing we ALL are there to do.

Def. The main problem is that the countdown is too long and then it is allowed to restart if someone leaves and another person enters. This is absolutely ridiculous. The matches don’t need 7 players every time to be a good match. 3 quality counselors are better than 7 mediocre ones. Hypothetically, the lobbies could remain open indefinitely always waiting for someone to enter as someone leaves. Just start the godamn match already. I’ve had some really bad experiences where we were waiting upwards of 10 minutes because someone kept leaving and then someone would enter as the countdown began and then someone left and someone else entered and it kept restarting. It’s only gotten worse as players have become more fickle. Just start the match.